Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MxxCon

Real Name MxxCon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MxxCon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 20, 2004, 16:58
Total Comments 246 (Novice)
User ID 21874

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
3. Re: Skyrim Patched Nov 30, 2011, 20:31 MxxCon

don't not do patch it not better don't

they seem to be fixing a lot "rare" and "occasional" issues that are all over the internet.. :/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Forums Hacked?
24. Re: Steam Forums Hacked? Nov 7, 2011, 17:26 MxxCon

Total-Khaos wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 15:02:
The problem here is that Valve uses vBulletin instead of writing and using their own forum software. To amuse yourself, just Google "vbulletin hacks" or "vbulletin exploits" and be amazed at how vulnerable this craptastic piece of software really is.
This is equivalent to opensource software. Just because it's proprietary and closed source doesn't make it any more secure.
Security through obscurity doesn't work.
Yes, there are a lot of hacks for vB, but that doesn't mean they are unpatched. If you are running the latest version of vB, you are as secure, if not more, than running your own custom software. Plus if anything, I'd expect Valve to be competent about running their service, and this hack wasn't just a simple 'exec()?' exploit.

News Comments > Steam Forums Hacked?
13. Re: Steam Forums Hacked? Nov 7, 2011, 12:12 MxxCon

Am I correct that there are 3 different logins: Steam itself, Steam forums and Steam support site?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2011, 15:35 MxxCon

ground beef, BJ's and MrsBlue all in one sentence, and yet you were talking about something completely different.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week
17. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 23:29 MxxCon

I don't know if this is new or not, but Portal 2's music site has an easter egg http://www.thinkwithportals.com/turret_comic/  

39. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2011, 15:03 MxxCon

anyway, that's off-topic of the issue at hand of making bluesnews better.  

37. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2011, 12:02 MxxCon

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 11:56:
MxxCon wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 02:35:
As a comparison, I'm sure you are familiar with http://videosift.com. I feel that community there is much more accepting and friendly to newcomers. If that kind of attitude would spread here, I think we would get a lot more participating members.
Videosift is so unfriendly, and so attack heavy if you don't toe their line, their political line, and follow their group think that people will send you emails and attack you privately.

Sure here on BN, we get into politics, we snipe at each other. But you know, I've see every asshat myself included still poke fun at someone I don't always get alone with. Over there? Nope. You will bend to their will.
I disagree. They have somewhat badly documented rules the way the site itself functions(votes/dupes/kills/promotes), but w/ comments I don't feel any pressure to follow "their group think".
I'm sure Ant(#1 or #2 users there) knows videosift better than anybody and can chime in...

33. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2011, 09:24 MxxCon

Enahs wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 09:01:
MxxCon, VideoSift is ONLY friendly if you share the same political and personal views as the 10 major contributors do.

I do not post there, but I often read comments; and it is full of personal attacks. More then I see here to be honest.

I think everybody is looking through things with roes colored glasses. The general attitude here is no different then any other message board IMHO.
on videosift political and police 'brutality' videos do tend to turn into pissing matches. but those are relatively rare compared to other videos and I mostly stay out of them.

Whereas here, I can't really think of too many "controversial" issues that could/do turn into arguments. Yet those rare times when I do read comments, people here seemed less than friendly.

Also it's "rose" not "roes", you blue colored freak! Nahnah

29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2011, 02:35 MxxCon

I don't exactly understand what Blue was talking about regarding the change in content..?
He wants to remove some of the non-game news to post more game news?
Is the reason for not posting those said game news lack of time or he doesn't want the page to become too long?

I personally look through all those sections(except for consoles, don't care for them). I don't click on those links on daily basis but I do look through them. Their selection and variety is very impressive and useful.

Regarding previous requests for Blue's reviews/previews/interviews, etc..Isn't that kind of content really time intensive? In addition to doing all the current awesome news aggregation, he'd also have to do this original content?

Regarding the forums/comments system: I can't quiet describe it, but they do feel a bit...clunky(?) There's nothing specifically wrong with the way they function or look, but still there's something that could be improved to make it more pleasant to use and look at. Maybe all it takes is a bit of CSS spit and shine?

Regarding forum/comments content itself: as you can see from my profile I don't post or read comments very often, even though this is the oldest site I still visit multiple times a day. My 5cents is I feel that the atmosphere here is rather unaccepting. Like it's been said by others, the number of regular posters here is (unfortunately?) small and seems like a close-knit community. It is not too open to outsiders or accepting to external ideas. I guess it is partially because regulars treat and talk to newcomers the same way they treat other regulars, which to an outsider might look hostile or dismissive.
As a comparison, I'm sure you are familiar with http://videosift.com. I feel that community there is much more accepting and friendly to newcomers. If that kind of attitude would spread here, I think we would get a lot more participating members.

(that's it for now from my 2am rumblings..i might think of something else to post later)

News Comments > Cancelled Avengers Game Footage
11. Re: Cancelled Avengers Game Footage Sep 18, 2011, 17:24 MxxCon

and obligatory cliche dubstep soundtrack  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delayed in Japan
28. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delayed in Japan Sep 7, 2011, 00:45 MxxCon

I'd imagine it's some Japanese symbols that while visually interesting prolly say something like "kill emperor".  

News Comments > Tank Ace Open Beta Today
3. Re: Tank Ace Open Beta Today Sep 1, 2011, 22:45 MxxCon

Based on screenshot this game looks a bit less "action-y" than WoT. I don't know if that's good or bad.
http://file.gamescampus.com/Gallery/1107/tankace-22143637044.png
http://file.gamescampus.com/Gallery/1107/tankace-22143730904.png

29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2011, 23:18 MxxCon

Everybody can stop worrying. I survived Hurricane Irene.  

News Comments > World of Planes Trailer
11. Re: World of Planes Trailer Aug 26, 2011, 09:22 MxxCon

InBlack wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 09:09:
MxxCon wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 08:29:
InBlack wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 05:04:
These are not U.S. companies we are talking about here. So I seriously doubt there will actually be a lawsuit. The rest of the world isnt really that bothered with "supposed" ip infringement.
wargaming.net are very proud and hype-y of their products. I'm sure they will not like that another game is so similar to theirs.

They are also from Belarus. A country that is currently in a dictatorship in all but name. Im pretty sure they have more immediate concerns than worrying about a competing (and very obscure) developer who by the way revealed their game before they did.
developers are in Belarus. wargaming.net is a UK company.

9. Re: World of Planes Trailer Aug 26, 2011, 08:29 MxxCon

InBlack wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 05:04:
These are not U.S. companies we are talking about here. So I seriously doubt there will actually be a lawsuit. The rest of the world isnt really that bothered with "supposed" ip infringement.
wargaming.net are very proud and hype-y of their products. I'm sure they will not like that another game is so similar to theirs.

6. Re: World of Planes Trailer Aug 26, 2011, 00:05 MxxCon

Akuinnen wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 23:53:
Okay this is getting confusing

World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, World of Battleships = wargaming.net

World of Planes = gaijin
oh wow. so apparently these are different games.
ok, this is a lawsuit waiting to happen. if us more or less competent gamers got confused, general public has no chance.

3. Re: World of Planes Trailer Aug 25, 2011, 22:58 MxxCon

Lokust wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 22:43:
So is this a real MMO? Or just a small scale team game billed incorrectly as an MMO like World of Tanks?
most likely it'll be like world of tanks.
And I also have a feeling that they will merge/integrate World of Planes with World of Ships

1. Re: World of Planes Trailer Aug 25, 2011, 21:19 MxxCon

I wouldn't say it's that impressive.
It doesn't look bad, but it's not impressive either.
Now IL-2 games do look impressive.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeons of Dredmor
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeons of Dredmor Jul 14, 2011, 02:35 MxxCon

This guy did a pretty good preview of this game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyTfUnnxZV4
It looks hilarious and very smart.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 & Color Blindness
8. Re: Modern Warfare 3 & Color Blindness Jul 8, 2011, 16:10 MxxCon

Valve conversely pays significant attention to hearing impaired gamers.
A while ago they posted a 3-part video where they invited bunch of deaf/hearing-impaired gamers and interviewed them about their gaming experience and what game developers can do better.
[url=http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/07/valve-researching-sign-language-for-use-in-half-life-2-episode/]

246 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo