Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jer Romero

Real Name Jer Romero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ELITE
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.theywerebornto.com
Signed On Sep 17, 2004, 22:04
Total Comments 147 (Novice)
User ID 21848

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Caffeine Trailer; Crowdfunding
3. Re: Caffeine Trailer; Crowdfunding Apr 1, 2014, 11:29 ELITE

Wait... What... This isn't April Fools Game?
I thought the joke was he's looking for coffee on a scary ship or something...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year
14. Re: Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year Feb 24, 2014, 12:57 ELITE

I don't get it...
He's going to start his own company and then leave it or shut it down once it gets started?

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
54. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 12:21 ELITE

This turned out to be a nutty thread...

Here is what I got out of playing with one:

-The dev kit resolution would not be worth buying (it looked like a pixel painting that moved)
-Playing a flight sim - when I was calm and flying it was amazing (but gauges were worthless unreadable)
- as soon as the bad guys came then turning my head would be come worthless as well because of the blur
- I started to get sick when i would move my body and not have the screen reflect that movement
- if i stayed still and only turned my head i didn't feel "wrong"
- no eye strain at all

I think these guys are fully aware of all the issues above and are really working to make it a success. If waiting for better screens is what they're doing great - if they're working on adding additional body tracking great.

My point - you REALLY don't want it yet (based on the first dev) and they're obviously making sure they get it to a level to make sure when they ship you're going to want it.

Far as I can read - everything they're doing is problem solving and that's more than you can say for Halflife 3 (i just had to be silly)

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
19. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 7, 2014, 23:35 ELITE

I think it's coming along nicely. They're getting what is needed to make it worth your funds.

My friend has the dev kit - you wouldn't want them shipping that as consumer I promise!

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2014, 23:58.

News Comments > Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects
15. Re: Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects Jan 6, 2014, 14:12 ELITE

NOLF... I mention that game last week to a group of friends and they just looked at me blankly... Showing my age and yours I guess :-P

Creston wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:48:
I wish Telltale would do a NOLF sequel.

9. Re: Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects Jan 6, 2014, 13:23 ELITE

Was given " The Wolf Among Us " as a gift - I really enjoyed it - maybe because I didn't know what to expect because i don't know the comics so it was a real adventure - vs the walking dead (you know what the tone is)

Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:48:
The Walking Dead (Game) first episode doesn't do a good job selling it, it picks up quite a bit after that.

I haven't played The Wolf Among Us yet but I hear good things.

2. Re: Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects Jan 6, 2014, 12:45 ELITE

For a second I thought it said James POND - remember that game back in the day? I figured that would work like the "A Wolf Among Us"  

News Comments > Long Night Demo
1. Re: Long Night Demo Dec 12, 2013, 14:59 ELITE

Terrible Pitch Video.

News Comments > The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion
3. Re: The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion Dec 3, 2013, 20:03 ELITE

And 2 players.. no wait.. 3 players rejoiced.

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
7. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 18:19 ELITE

Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 17:46:
I'm definitely setting myself up for a joke here!

What he said ^

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 11, 2013, 01:14 ELITE

Teaser....  

News Comments > DCS WWII: Europe 1944 Kickstarter
10. Re: DCS WWII: Europe 1944 Kickstarter Sep 6, 2013, 04:28 ELITE

I could be betting wrong - but I'm guessing Occulus Rift could help Sims make a comeback.
Yeah it's a ways off... but the flight demos I've seen and heard about sound like something that could bring back flight in more ways than one.

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 02:37:
Looks like they've put together a nice proposal. To do it right, they need more than half mil. They'll make their $100K funding easily, it's just how far they get in their stretch goals that will be interesting to watch.

@Elite. Used to be we'd get several sims a year, but that market dried up a decade ago. Now there are only a few studios left, and games are few and far between, even fewer being combat sims. If you don't support this, I'm not sure where else you'll put your money.

8. Re: DCS WWII: Europe 1944 Kickstarter Sep 6, 2013, 01:58 ELITE

Completely aware.
I'm saying that the engine is clunky - which it is. It simply has been for years. The visuals can be hit or miss - but the performance is pretty bad overall if you compare every aspect of the engine/graphics/feature etc - it just doesn't run as well as it should.

I'm aware that if I start off with saying it sucks - I'm opening the door to say that I'm just being a general jerk on a game... but if I break my actual comment down to why I'm saying such harsh words - I'm not a DCS hater - the engine is old and I may be wrong but it's not as optimized as it could/should be - and I'm simply not interested in dropping money into the same old platform. CLoD was a dropped ball - building on the old IL2 engine and likely making compromises in the hopes of not completely doing a rewrite - I'm going to make the assumption that if they're using the DCS engine - they're likely to use it as is - and it's never ran that great - and if they're pulling an IL2 half ass rebuild - I'm not interested in that as well.

I'm familiar with what happens when you keep building on a code base for many years - at some point you're just adding spaghetti sauce to spaghetti code - unless you throw out the old meal and start again and use what you've learned from the years - you're not going to optimize it for technology changes.

I'm just saying I'm not personally willing to pay for new assets hacked into old tech. Would love to have read about major rewrites and optimization if one of the old platforms are being used.

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 01:05:
You are aware that flight simulations have substantially more things to model than an FPS, correct? There is a finite budget of computing resources to work with, and when you have a full fluid dynamics based flight model consuming CPU cycles, alongside an electrical systems model, fuel flow and hydraulics model, damage model, radio physics model, numerous avionics systems, ballistic models, plus a well over a hundred AI entities per mission, also consuming CPU cycles -- when you have all of that going on under the hood, you have to expect that the game isn't going to look like Crysis. But even then, DCS has some moments where the visuals are pretty stunning.

6. Re: DCS WWII: Europe 1944 Kickstarter Sep 5, 2013, 23:32 ELITE

Nope,
It just doesn't run well for how many resources it takes for the visuals it pumps out - it's just has always been a clunky engine. And to keep building on it bums me out... and doesn't make me want to throw money to develop a genre I love on it.

Tom wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 23:26:
DCS runs fine on my 4 year old PC (i7-860, GTX 570) on medium to high settings at 2560x1440. Yeah, there are occasional slowdowns when on a server with a lot of players nearby, but I'd hardly say it sucks balls.

Let me guess, you're one of those who must run every game on absolute highest settings and if it doesn't work smoothly it's crap.

4. Re: DCS WWII: Europe 1944 Kickstarter Sep 5, 2013, 23:18 ELITE

Oh boy....
Which engine are they using?
The DCS engine sucks balls (performance wise)
The IL2 engine latest version sucks balls...

Oleg has a lousy attention span and the pitch sounds more like DCS to create a new game in WWII since they've been playing around with WWII addons...

I don't know - I'd love to have a new WWII Flightsim - but I don't think I'm buying in to DCS and a few names to sale the pitch...

News Comments > Black Ops 2 Plagiarism Accusation
5. Re: Black Ops 2 Plagiarism Accusation Aug 20, 2013, 11:03 ELITE

This post is not saying anything illegal was done it's pointing out a larger company conducted Plagiarism on an artist.

It looks like a valid accusation, and while not illegal shows the ethics some folks or someone has at the company - to basically use Fruiz's work as concept art without permission, pay, or even credit.

Nothing wrong with it having it publicly acknowledged on news sites like this that someone indirectly involved influenced a product many will buy and enjoy.

News Comments > Betrayer Early Access
3. Re: Betrayer Early Access Aug 15, 2013, 02:40 ELITE

Even Black and White films weren't just in black and white...

Sigh...

They were lit, textured (clothes) and painted to make the mood of the film work and the characters standout because Black and white is what they had to work with...

These guys are throwing black and white filter on without rhyme or reason.

News Comments > Alice: Otherlands Kickstarted
3. Re: Alice: Otherlands Kickstarted Aug 5, 2013, 12:17 ELITE

I wonder how difficult it was to create the additional accounts to give money to his own project.

I KID!

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
6. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 16:05 ELITE

Don't let the door hit you on the ass.  

News Comments > Spicy Horse's Alice Film Kickstarter
8. Re: Spicy Horse's Alice Film Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 13:01 ELITE

"It's a Twist!" - American McGee Shyamalan  

147 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >