Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Chris Janes

Real Name Chris Janes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ging
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 14, 2004, 04:20
Total Comments 49 (Suspect)
User ID 21597

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer Online EU Woes Continue?
6. Re: All i gotta say is.... Sep 19, 2008, 12:59 Ging

Go look for yourself and you'll see the login boxes are greyed out.

In this case, you don't need to login to add a key - just press the "Code" button on the left menu and enter your details on the form it provides.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Syndicate Revival Someday?
9. Re: ... Mar 19, 2008, 22:05 Ging

when the line "now that Lionhead parent EA owns Bullfrog" is staring you in the face?

Because that's wrong and Lionhead are in fact owned by Microsoft? Even the article mentions that.

EA bought Bullfrog in the mid nineties, Molyneux left around 97 to form Lionhead - the only link since than has been EA acting as a publisher for Black & White.

A Syndicate remake would be awesome, if done right - I'm not so sure that Molyneux is the man for the job right now.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. No subject Oct 29, 2007, 10:56 Ging

I only caught the highlights last night on UK tv - it wasn't the best ever game I've seen, but I am surprised that any of the players were put off by whistles from the crowd. I suppose football players are used to it happening so don't pay it much attention and focus more on the refs whistle while NFL players aren't used to it at all and it confused them. Still, woulda thought they'd have been told to expect it - it is a common thing at football matches in the UK.

News Comments > On BioWare/Pandemic's Future
23. Re: Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Oct 12, 2007, 10:00 Ging

might. MIGHT??? Mass Effect has been intended to be a trilogy from the very first fucking SECOND it was conceived of by Bioware. And now EA "might" publish follow-ups. Wow, that's fucking fantastic.

From my reading of it, the "might" is actually about whether or not it'll be EA or MS that publish the next two Mass Effect titles rather than whether or not there will actually be two more titles.

I know that MS have said that they're in talks with EA / Bioware about future publishing rights to the next two games.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate Demo
17. No subject Oct 9, 2007, 20:19 Ging

I can't even play the demo - if I point the installer anywhere but the default install location it decides there's not enough space on the drive (what's really odd is that it shows the space required as 0k while showing the space available as being what's free on the HDD).

Ah well, I'll give it a bash tomorrow at work - though from the sounds of it, I'm not missing out on too much.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4 Demo Thursday
16. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2007, 16:52 Ging

My group of friends had way more fun in the CoD4 Beta than we have done playing Halo 3 together - it's just got something "nice" about it...

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- Soulstorm Revealed
9. Re: No subject Sep 18, 2007, 13:36 Ging

Ah well, guess it'll come down to waiting for DoW 2 for T's then.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- Soulstorm Revealed
3. No subject Sep 18, 2007, 12:12 Ging

I'm kind of hoping that they introduce Tyranids at some point, I'd certainly prefer them to Dark Eldar.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: thems The Times Mar 27, 2007, 03:07 Ging

Sadly, you don't get the the nudie page three girls in The Times and WoW just doesn't make up for that!

News Comments > More on Severity
6. Re: No subject Dec 18, 2006, 13:34 Ging

I point you towards Shadowrun - the first title to make use of the "Live Anywhere" technology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_live_anywhere), which will allow PC / 360 users to play against each other on the same servers.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Announced
22. Re: Which technology is that? Nov 21, 2006, 03:37 Ging

The most recent UK PC Gamer had a three page article on this - the zombies are modern 'fast' zombies, think 28 days later (they're even called "The Infected").

Four players work together to escape the city, but there are large 'boss' infected. There's the 'Boomer', who's a huge bloated zombie that explodes when killed. The 'Tank' a juggernaught style creature. The 'Smoker' can steal people from the group with it's tongue (sounds like a Licker to a degree) and finally the 'Hunter' who uses speed and agility to make hit and run hits against the humans.

There's a couple of nice ideas touches described in the magazine, like being able to drag a player out of a mass of zombies if he's been knocked down.

It shows promise, but I'll believe the 2007 release date when I actually see it in shops.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 03:37.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Delay Confirmed
8. Re: Delays Aug 30, 2006, 21:49 Ging

The idea behind Gordon not speaking is that valve reckon it'd break the sense of 'being' him when you're playing, especially if he starts spewing one liners than you can't imagine yourself, let alone him ever saying.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Confirmed
2. Re: No subject Aug 30, 2006, 21:48 Ging

Ubisoft have been pretty good with ensuring the PC versions of their titles have a reasonable control scheme that doesn't scream "designed for a gamepad".

News Comments > Penny Arcade Game
20. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2006, 12:41 Ging

What I'd prefer though is for those lazy west-coast bitches to get the fuck up and give me my Friday update!!

Might be due to PAX starting today... or just that they're damned lazy!

News Comments > Perimeter: Emperor's Testament Demo
6. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2006, 18:50 Ging

I said a similar thing to a housemate earlier - been enjoying the plethora of decent RTS demos that have dropped over the past three days.

News Comments > EA Gets Unreal
8. Re: RE: deja vu Aug 19, 2006, 16:52 Ging

Because buying Renderware is good business sense - think about the number of other companies that use it, it's probably paid for itself by now!

EA are probably seeing that nearly every publisher are picking up some UE3 licenses, may as well get on the bandwagon.

News Comments > Maelstrom Demo
9. Re: Meh Aug 15, 2006, 21:14 Ging

That was one thing that really, really frustrated me, the path finding was beyond shoddy at times - units getting stuck on each other or looping endlessly round a single point as they tried to hit their waypoint.

Though they claim the demo is based off an 80% complete version, so I'm hoping they'll improve it before gold.

News Comments > Maelstrom Demo
4. Re: No subject Aug 15, 2006, 19:00 Ging

I quite enjoyed the demo - the choice of the two playable races was wise I feel, as the third is apparently a bit more standard RTS (without the transformer units or fancy alien egg slinging).

I'll probably pick it up, it's just done enough to whet my appetite. As for the graphics, they've got a good LOD system in place, when you get close to the individual units they really do show high detail.

News Comments > Clive Barker's Jericho Revealed
25. Re: I read Jul 19, 2006, 13:05 Ging

There's a distinct lack of any proof pointing towards him being a satanist - http://www.clivebarker.info/religion.html covers his views on religion and spirituality, throughout those quotes he discusses how he is religious but not by following a pre-ordained set of beliefs as may be found in the current spread of organised religious groups.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Portal Movie
50. Re: ... Jul 18, 2006, 20:23 Ging

You probably won't be limited by having the portals within LOS of each other (you weren't in narbacular drop) - the video more than likely does it like that to let the viewer see what's going on.

I think the biggest issue we'll see with integrating it into a 'regular FPS' environment is that it more than likely only works on flat BSP - though that may just be an imagined limitation.

49 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo