Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sc0rp

Real Name sc0rp   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sc0rpy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2004, 20:02
Total Comments 11 (Suspect)
User ID 21579

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in 2006?
27. pure vapor May 6, 2005, 15:58 sc0rpy

developers finally figured out that a game with no story is not fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DAoC: Catacombs
9. :P Dec 8, 2004, 11:49 sc0rpy

is this the expansion that:
1) balances population
2) makes ToA less of a turd
3) removes NF and makes RVR fun again

no? sorry then I'm not coming back, not for any pretty graphics and eyecandy.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Open Beta
88. yeah righ Nov 8, 2004, 23:54 sc0rpy

" level 13 or so after many hours of non stop powerplaying "

sorry but I call bullshit there. any dumbass can hit level 13 in less than a day and with friends even easier.

basing your game buying decision on an Open beta in regards to crashing, lag, instability etc is just plain stupid.
1) it is still a beta, yes there are still odd behavior but if you want a rock solid game right off the bat why the hell are you playing a mmpog?
2) lag in an open beta in possibly one of the most anticipated mmpog in the last 4 years? surprise surprise

either way glad WoW isn't for you, that way I don't have to share a camp with your whiney ass or listen to you moan how the game isn't going your way.

News Comments > FlatOut Out
2. Re: No subject Nov 5, 2004, 14:54 sc0rpy

if you haven't tried the demo it's worth a download.
While i'm not normally a racing fan this game is actually a lot of fun.

News Comments > PoP: Warrior Within Demo
34. meh Oct 15, 2004, 21:06 sc0rpy

I don't think they should have released this demo, it leaves a feeling of an unfinished product. It's pretty buggy (monsters get stuck in walls, chase walls, ignore you alltogether. The boss monster on 2 - 3 attempts warped through the wall to the other end of the screen and simply could not be killed.

I'm a bit disappointed with the voice acting, from what little voice there was it did NOT appear to be of the same calibre as the original POP:SOT.

The fighting is better but it also leaves me with worries that the majority of the game is about fighting and less about puzzles which is why POP:SOT was good, there was a decent mix of both.

I'm still hopeful of POP:WW but UBI montreal should have waited to release a more polished demo.

News Comments > Commandos Strike Force Announced
8. die by the sword Oct 14, 2004, 13:37 sc0rpy

I wish someone would make a Medieval era type game using the game mechanics from Die by the Sword. (mouse movement swings the PC arm and weapon).
Implement different weapons.
Implement a decent physics engine.
Allow the player to first hack off an enemies arm then pick it up and use it as a weapon.
Add horse->horse combat (perhaps jousting)

http://pc.ign.com/articles/090/090086p1.html

News Comments > Axis & Allies Demo
7. Re: here we go Oct 6, 2004, 15:29 sc0rpy

actually this demo isn't too bad, I will agree with the previous poster in that the game does appear to have some frame-rate type issues.

codename panzers pretty much sucks, I *REALLY* hate games that were ported from another language, especially ones that don't take the time and rewrite the script from the native language to the new language. Codename Panzer's voices are absolutely horrible, it's blatantly obvious that the voice work is just reading from the german scripts.
These are two different games as well as A&A focuses a lot more on resources and tech tree type RTS whereas CP is more along the lines of military strategy.

Anyway, the A&A demo isn't bad and it sounds like the game will have some fun co-op type multiplayer action.

News Comments > New Shade Demo
28. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2004, 10:31 sc0rpy

"There are two groups of player - who loves Shade and who hates Shade."

There is nothing wrong with hoping that developers in your country do well, but sadly this game not only is bad but installs software that causes a lot of people grief.
I've trolled the message base here at Blues for eons, I only finally posted a message because people needed to be warned about this demo and some of the nasty stuff it installs on your system.
I regret downloading the demo in the first place. I wasted time that I will never get back.

11. Re: no starforce Oct 5, 2004, 16:51 sc0rpy

In fact, they may have in fact removed the protection from this enjoyable demo but in fact the final game has enjoyable STARFORCE protection. I am definately not buying this game. :-)

9. No subject Oct 5, 2004, 16:00 sc0rpy

plague:
- absolutely horrible control, in particular the melee combat
- very consolish type feel which includes controls, graphics, save games
- save point type mechanism which makes playing the game very frustrating. I agree that save anywhere would ruin the game but there aren't enough save points to actually make you want to try getting past a point 2-3 times
- crap-tastic story, yeah it's a demo but there is absolutely NO purpose to it, it's like playing a techdemo
- hello! voice acting! next time hire actual voice actors instead of getting your brother to speak into a microphone
- sketchy copyprotection drivers installed on your system that are *NOT* mentioned anywhere in the EULA or readme, these drivers are KNOWN to mess with NERO, Alcohol120 and other CDROM emulators, not to mention known to slow down PCs on numerous configurations

7. ick Oct 5, 2004, 15:45 sc0rpy

horrible demo, tutorial doesn't mention one major item that is REQUIRED to actually play the demo itself.

avoid this one like the plague

11 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo