Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for maximus0402

Real Name maximus0402   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2004, 18:17
Total Comments 22 (Suspect)
User ID 21577

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 7, 2013, 15:33 maximus0402

Thank you! I was 5-15yrs old then so yes love 80s  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 7, 2013, 09:35 maximus0402

Is blood dragon worth the $5?  

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
58. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 21:31 maximus0402

It doesn't pay off. It always is a pain in the butt to get the PC version just right . It's never hassle free. Been dealing with the PC on games for 23 years . I guess I am just tired of all the driver updates and config to get them running as it should. Believe me I prefer control of keyboard and mouse ect especially shooters or any fps. Just tired of qllbthebothervdyuff you gotta deal with for a PC . Now I am sure you'll come back and tell me that you never have issues with any games on PC ect. I guess will see how more games like witcher 3 are handled pc vs console. It's even less about graphics and more about control differences to me.  

55. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 21:19 maximus0402

Some of you guys are missing the point. Sure the video cards blow away what consoles are today and maybe next generation after that. But what difference does it make when the game makers are designing games to work on consoles best and don't really put much effort on PC version nor support it long. You can brag all you want but the reality is it doesn't matter as game developers aim for where the money is, and that's consoles.

Also video fidelity has really plateau'd and there isn't too much more to gain that's anything significant. Not unless the approach thing differently and go a different direction like some hologram tech or virtual reality is standard and improved

49. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 18:06 maximus0402

McTurbo wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 16:58:
Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 16:33:
Yeah well seeing as the entire PS4 costs $400 that's still hella cheaper than just a single higher end video card from Nvidia which is why console gaming is attractive to so many people. The days of spending 1000's on performance PC every year or two are over for the vast majority at any rate. If Nvidia thinks it's ok being niche then that's where they're going to end up. Pride goeth before a great fall.

Your right.. but then while your stuck for the next 6-7 years on one platform that cant be upgraded. the pc crowd gets to move on to better and better.. my prime point i would like to point out to.. console games support 32 players .. rarely will it allow more.. pc games support 64+.. i cant remember if it was BF2 or BF3.. the pc had like 9-10 classes plus 64 players and so on and so on.. while the console had limited maps and 32 players with 5 classes.. simply cause the console couldnt handle the complexity that a pc has..

Pc players will be playing the next indie games while consoles are limited to "whats allowed" by MS or Sony. The next "mod" that becomes the next big game will more than likly start out as a pc mod for an existing game.. why. cause the consoles dont like mods and except for a few exceptions refuse to support them.

These few points will always make consoles inferior and nothing more than a base for the casual gamers to play on.. as a previous owner of a cybercafe, almost every single serious player that ever showed up for console games became a pc player shortly there after (repeat customers not one timers)our all nighters had people reserving seats well in advance just to make sure they got a pc to play.

So what were stuck for the next 6 to 7 years. I am a previous PC gamer and still am for some games but tired of the high prices on hardware and the lack of attention software developers spend on PC port. All the attention goes to console and PC is secondary and they usually dont make major PC improvements on PC port, why? PC is harder to develop for since there is a huge spectrumm of different hardware out there. COnsoles are just easier to build games for and predict frame rate and therefore as a person that had to constantly tweak settings on PC to it right, I am glad to just run the console version at this point and not worry about that.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
29. Re: The right move! Aug 21, 2013, 13:44 maximus0402

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 12:47:
The only people coming out ahead in FTP games are casuals who play for free, aka freeloaders. Average or hardcore players who don't want to be restricted on content end up paying more than a normal monthly fee every month on average, to make up the difference. Sure, FTP is great...if you're a casual noob who just wants to check the game out, play occasionally, etc. However, the players that actually keep the game afloat are getting screwed. I predict the FTP trend actually reverses itself in the next decade as more and more people catch on to this fad.

If Elder Scrolls Online was NOT subscription based, I would have skipped it. Since it IS subscription based, I'm looking forward to it. After all, if your game isn't worth subscribing to, it would be FTP. If it's "FTP" but has a subscription option, it's not a FTP game, people need to start being honest with themselves.

If you think there is actually going to be obvious and fundamental differences between the subscription based version of this game and what is most likely to become the FTP version of this game then you are just fooling yourself and gullible to their marketing ploy making it sound like it really is different. You are the one that is screwing yourself really and falling victim. By the way I was you a couple years ago paying for subscriptions. But I am not throwing re-occuring money away on these again. These MMOs no matter how they market themselves are very much all the same. Even GW2 marketed how much different they were and put the fun in the game and takes away the grind, but that was wrong as well. While some improvements, Even GW2 gets into the grind game as well. Difference is, I can take my time knowing I am not paying monthly for it.

You can throw your money away up front if you want. I will wait until it is non subscription based. Since "casual" gamers are the majority, there is no way they will sustaintain this subscription model.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailers
16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:31 maximus0402

You know this wont come out on PC at the same time. They always have delayed the PC version several months and have always released console versions first as "exclusives" . Dumb, I know, but this has always been their behavior. Some things dont even make the PC like Red Dead Redemption. These guys are pro console for sure. Gladly my son has a PS3 so I will get it for that even though I much prefer mouse/keyboard on PC.  

News Comments > Darkfall Unholy Wars Launches Using New Steam Subscription Service
9. Re: Darkfall Unholy Wars Launches Using New Steam Subscription Service Apr 26, 2013, 08:42 maximus0402

I am sorry, but there is no MMO game worth a monthly subscription no matter how many times you defend it or justify why your paying it. I have played a ton of subscription only and free to play and ones that went from subscription to free to play. I don't see any extra effort for content and interesting things in the subscription only ones vs the free to play or ones that get converted to free to play. Although the MMO companies claim how different their's is, it all ends up being the same old grind in the end disguised by the "newness" of the game when you first get it. But that wears off after 6 months or so.

Now, here comes Elder Scrolls online soon which I absolutely love that single player series so the MMO version intrigues me, but somehow I have a feeling that its just going to be like any other mmo except its in Tamriel now instead of other mmo's worlds/lore.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads
44. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 24, 2012, 11:24 maximus0402

I am going to pick this up as I haven't played it in forever and lost my cd version no longer worked. It will be a cleaner/hassle free method. Plus I get the extra adventures and characters to change things up a bit plus the expansion. I am a much bigger BG 2 fan and was actually just going to get the GOG version of it with expansion but then I saw this for BG 1 and they are bringing out a BG2 version summer of next year so I will wait. Was thinking of getting Ipad version but thought it might be odd to play that way.

News Comments > Crysis DirectX 9 & 10 MP Performance
84. Re: ... Sep 14, 2007, 15:03 maximus0402

I agree that Crysis will be a factor and the demo will be out in 12 days so the benchmarks will be there. But as far as I am concerned, if I can have a single 8800 gtx run crysis at 1900 x1200 on very high settings and get fps at 40 or higher then I am completely fine.

80. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2007, 13:00 maximus0402

Tephlon you have thoroughly convinced me to stay at my samsung 244t 24" choice.....Thank you for your very thoughtfull comment.

As far as Nvidia new card the G92 I think?? It is still speculative at this point but rumors were favoring it to be 10.1 directx, yet midstream card, not the high end one

46. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2007, 09:02 maximus0402

Just off topic for 1 second I need your opinion please:

Ladies and gentlemen I just want to go OFF TOPIC for just one second because I want the bluesnews communities opinion of a dilemma I have and I value your opinion very much in this situation as most of you are harsh and very opinionated all across the spectrum and I want to see if what I am suggesting makes since to most of you as a consensus or if I may be making the wrong choice. I am getting a decent machine in a few months. It will have quad core, it will have 3 to 4 gig of ram, it will have vista and xp, it will have the largest raptor drive at that time (currrently 150 gb) it will have the evga motherboard for SLI capability, it will have a full tower case to fit the mammotth 8800 card(s), it will have the artic cooler for the cpu and lots of great airflow to keep the heat out and will have a xfi soundcard etc etc.....however my problem seems to be that there is no second generation of nvidia(who i believe to be the top dogs at the moment) direct x 10 card so I am just going to get a 8800 gtx potentially factory overclocked(as ultra seems much more costly for very little gain).

MY ISSUE AT HAND: I was going to get the samsung 244t 24" lcd as my monitor (I have a 19" crt now) and therefore since it does 1920 x 1200 natively, I thought for older games like oblivion and older I may be able to slide with MAX settings at that resolution with a decent framerate, but newer games like bioshock and crysis and the next year or two probably will not be able to go that high of rez at high setting with 1 8800 gtx and therefore I was going to get 2 gtx for SLI mode to compensate. But I am hearing of HUGE sli incompatabilites, problems, and flat out not supported on a lot of the current games, for example rainbow six las vegas which used UE 3.0, which bioshock uses and many games will use. SO........

Are these problems getting fixed for SLI?? or is SLI a complete flop and not worth it?????

and if so.....

What is my BEST LCD size that has and what is its native resolution that should be able to run on max settings for now and future games in the next year or two with ONE SINGLE GTX???????

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Free Trial
15. Ill give you 10 days free trial Aug 30, 2007, 08:41 maximus0402

I actually own the game, so if you post your email address here or want to send it to me: thompsjt1@yahoo.com

I will send you a 10 day trial of this game. Hey its 3 extra days to evaluate it and does not cost you a dime!!!!

News Comments > Guild Wars Launches
35. Re: It's not an MMORPG Apr 28, 2005, 17:21 maximus0402

Well said about the PVP AKAO and while I have actually never have done that except for PK'ing in like everquest 1 on servers that allow, in guild wars I have a CHOICE. SO I would get the game for the PvE aspect of it, but down the road I may enjoy the PvP side of things so there is many choices that are allowed in this game and if you want to play by yourself you can get henchman, so I think this game appeals to many and THAT'S why its going to be successful if all is stable network wise over time.

34. Re: MMORPG? Apr 28, 2005, 17:15 maximus0402

kobalt I love instancing I dont want millions of players to look at across the field seeing them as you say "hunting and shit", who gives a flying fu'k. I just want to either a) play alone IF I want to OR b) play with people I know or friend I meet, so therefore instancing will be better for me in the mmorpg I have played in the past I ignore anyone Im not parting with so I dont see your point. Instancing also is kinda cool in this game because you see things happen to the world that you did, you cant do that is the current mmorpg because other people need to do things in the same area. Also everyone will be able to be reached in the world, unlike current mmorpg where you need to pick a server and stick to it, so go ahead continue to play what you have been and pay monthly, and watch people "hunt and shit"

20. Re: No Plans... Apr 28, 2005, 16:02 maximus0402

You got that right it will be drawing a ton of people in and keeping them, what a breath of fresh air this gmae seems to be.

18. Re: MMORPG? Apr 28, 2005, 15:56 maximus0402

You are all idiots who talked smack about this without full checking it out. This game seems like the perfect fit. No fees?? thats my biggest gripe withthis mmorpg crap. We never had to pay anything monthly in the past, so YOU are the ones who is getting screwed for paying that, but hey its your money. I have done everquest I and FFXI online and Everquest II and its all the same crap of starting out in your town area and wacking away to level up and the quests no matter how they put it is just kill this kill that x amount of times and WOW is no exception except maybe alowing a little flexibility for your guy if you dont have a player to group with there is more single player content, but still a fee. This game in my opinion is going to grow enormously and once people catch on the paying mmorpg are going to feel the grind on there income as attendance drops. Go Guild wars!!!!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 EULA Legal Issues?
93. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2005, 17:32 maximus0402

and if you all keep bitching about steam...halflife 3 will never see the light of day. Thank you very much for ruining one of the few developers who actually made somthing decent and innovative. Congratulations...will all be stuck with EA and their crappy game collections and have to deal with mediocre....thanks you prick

92. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2005, 17:30 maximus0402

and you come to this detailed, rude and unexplainable reason for what??

87. Re: steam Feb 7, 2005, 16:33 maximus0402

I don't understand why so many people bash steam. I have absolutly no problem with steam and never have. The only people I think complain about it are the ones trying to cheat the system or have a pirated copy, so shut the fuck up and stop you bitching. Its a new technology that I hope succeeds...it has improved greatly in its short existance......its still a baby so ....bah I give up...your just going to whine anyways.

22 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo