Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pierre

Real Name Pierre   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yosemite Sam
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Gamer, old school. Been around since pong.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 6, 2004, 19:16
Total Comments 1589 (Pro)
User ID 21539

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2013, 15:46 Yosemite Sam

nin wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 11:18:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 11:14:

23k per waste if you purchased the dock on the west side of LS. Also take Michael there during the daytime and talk to the stranger on the dock, you'll get the diving gear. And lastly (not tried this yet) if you have a Cargobob you can hoist the sub like during the mission. Going to try this to see if there is anything in the Lake later today.

Is there a limit to those, in game (IE do they respawn over time)? I'm not having a lot of luck in the stock market (granted, saving the assassination missions for the very end), and might try that instead.

Only person who needs mega cash is Mike, the other two don't need it and will be swimming in it by the end so spend freely. Remember with the stock market and assassination missions to hit the market at both ends (purchase the stock that tanked when it hits rock bottom) That is actually more profitable then buying the stock that rises after the hit (no need to reload game once you know the target as the other characters can clean up on the tanked stock) My Mike grossed over 200 mill on just two hits, plenty enough for the golf course and three theaters... IMO the money thing was poorly thought out, the money you earn from the businesses is meaningless, as like I said, all your characters are swimming in cash.

EDIT oh and I found Clucking Bells main supply depot, going to blow everything to the moon and see if it affects stock prices... not that I need any money... literally swimming in it... even tried to spend my way back to zero just so my businesses mean something, gave up after buying everything I could and still have well over ten million in the bank... and that is with characters that didnt play the market, just money from the last heist.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2013, 16:28.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date
24. Re: Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date Sep 25, 2013, 15:50 Yosemite Sam

FYI for anyone who hasn't already done this on the PS3

XMB Settings Menu:
Game settings: Upscaler=OFF, Smoothing=OFF

BD/DVD Settings: Cinema Conversion=Video, DVD Upscaler=OFF, BD 1080p 24 Hz output=OFF, BD/DVD Audio output format= BITSTREAM

Music settings: Crossfade playback=OFF, Audio cd output=44.1/88/192KHz, Bitmapping=OFF

System settings: Notification messages=DO NOT DISPLAY

Display settings: Screensaver=OFF

Security settings: ALL OFF

Network settings: Media server connection=DISABLE

Makes a very noticeable difference in frame rate drops while playing GTA5... or any game for that matter.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions?
37. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 20:31 Yosemite Sam

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 17:57:
Make life easier on the yacht missions, switch to auto aim classic.

I had less of an issue shooting then I had getting picked off by a vehicle that was flying around after getting creamed by the rig.

Kinda disappointed that pool didn't make the cut. Out of darts, bowling and pool, darts is the last game I would have picked. Hope they put bowling and pool back in and don't do the BoGT thing where any new mini games only work with the DLC... when I heard skydiving was getting put into 4 my first thought was doing jumps with Brucie, alas it wasn't in the cards.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions?
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 17:18 Yosemite Sam

Well got in a good run last night, still haven't met the third person yet ... I wanna sandbox!

Don't know if anyone else figured this out... SST Was doing the mission where you chase the yacht through traffic, PITA trying to avoid traffic until I figured out if you pull in behind the rig then hold down the cinematic button your car follows the rig without you having to drive at all, made that whole mission sooo much easier oh and heh... driving through town when I see some woman on the side of the road yelling for help. I figure ok haven't done any of these side things yet, I'll help. Follow her between two buildings when three guys jump out and shoot me dead before I can even pull my gun! BITCH!

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
44. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 15:39 Yosemite Sam

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 10:38:
While what Nvidia says is true, in reality the best GPU isn't gonna mean shit if you need 1000 artists employed for 3 to 5 years to make a big AAA title.

What's limiting graphics isn't the GPU, it's the cost, time and manpower needed to make that superior looking gfx...

There is no ecomony of scale when it comes to modeling or texturing.

Wait what? , what Nvidia is saying is BS, consoles have never been better GFX platforms then PCs, it's impossible because PCs set the curve not consoles. Shit the PS4 isnt out yet and is already technically behind the curve.

Artists assets? do you not understand how GFX cards work? assets are only half the picture. What we see on the screen is run through a gauntlet of built in filters that work to completely transform the look of assets within a video game. MSAA, SSAO, HDR, AF, depth of field, blending, tessellation ect ect ect. All these things improve the look of a game regardless of the artists assets.

GTA5 sure would look a hell of a lot better with just some anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, the most basic of GFX functionality, and that has nothing to do with artists and everything to do with power which the PC will always dominate... hell I recently played through F:NV and ran a mod(ENB)that did absolutely nothing to the assets of the game but made it look way way better.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 21:28 Yosemite Sam

The HDMI port on the Xbox One supports the PlayStation 4

Um no shit Sherlock, and hey guess what? So does my TV, receiver, and every other HDMI HDCP compliant device on the planet. Guess the next big find is gonna be about how Yamaha amplifiers support JVC speakers? ... oh and didn't want to let the cat out of the bag here but my LG DVD player actually works with my Sony TV... shh don't tell Sony!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
29. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 20:02 Yosemite Sam

Quboid wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 19:03:
Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 18:32:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 15:46:
Well finally got to the end game on F:NV then tried out Dead Money, ewww, fuck that its GTA time! Thought I'd get some play time last night but my data transfer from my old FAT to my new Slim took over ten hours so only managed to get to a save point before it was time to crash.

Good to know not to upgrade any cars for now, course I'm not gonna upgrade much with $250 to my name I kinda just want to sandbox for a bit but would like to get all 3 characters available to play with... do I have to get very far into the story before that happens?

I thought Dead Money was terrible. Old World Blues is pretty good, and I quite liked Lonely Road if only for its setting.

You need to do about 12-15 missions before Trevor unlocks. It's a few hours in.

The DLCs are disappointing IMHO. Dead Money was just a chore and isn't worth your time. Old World Blues some nice stuff as does Lonesome Road. Honest Hearts was my favourite, because of the setting and because it's the only one that isn't completely focused on combat. That's their main problem, they're just semi-linear combat based quests.

Are the Fallout 3 expansions the same, or is there more trade and politics? I've never finished FO3 and I'd be tempted to get a load of mods and the DLC and check it out.

Heh so it seems I picked the worst of the DLC to play... well I'm in GTA mode now so FNV is out, I'm sure I'll go back to the wasteland again at some point, just have to remember to skip DM... guess I'll skip sandboxing for now on GTA then and get some missions under my belt... funny about the garage bug, I've barely played and already have two cars stacked on top of each other in Franklins garage, seems there are more then a few problems with the whole car storage thing.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 15:46 Yosemite Sam

Well finally got to the end game on F:NV then tried out Dead Money, ewww, fuck that its GTA time! Thought I'd get some play time last night but my data transfer from my old FAT to my new Slim took over ten hours so only managed to get to a save point before it was time to crash.

Good to know not to upgrade any cars for now, course I'm not gonna upgrade much with $250 to my name I kinda just want to sandbox for a bit but would like to get all 3 characters available to play with... do I have to get very far into the story before that happens?

News Comments > iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues
40. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 21:55 Yosemite Sam

Gotta give at least one cred to LATD, cruising around Liberty with a posse of bikers was fun.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2013, 13:57 Yosemite Sam

Can't imagine how no Activision games made the list after their huge weekend sale... LOL.  

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Sep 13, 2013, 02:07 Yosemite Sam

Heh, ya Call of Duty for the amazing sale price of $15... not MW, or MW2, or BO but the original, now ten year old game, $15 ON SALE! ... LOL, those COs are smoking some serious crack... then again the people have given them no reason to think they are doing anything wrong. Tomb Raider meanwhile, a game released 5 months ago is on sale for $12.

I think once the fairy tale money making machines of COD and WOW finally do burn out, and they will, activision will crash and crash hard because the people running the place live in a bubble.

News Comments > Evening Previews
24. Re: Evening Previews Sep 12, 2013, 14:44 Yosemite Sam

nin wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 13:34:
Creston wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 12:41:
nin wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 10:59:
Creston wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 10:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 04:38:
I probably missed it cause of my embargo on articles with the game...but DAMN! I am so excited....

During a liquor store robbery the player can shout at the cashier to hurry up through a mic and the character will respond

That seems like a good thing to you?

"CRESTON!!!! DRIVE FASTER!!!!!!! CRESTON!!!! LEFT TURN!!!! CRESTON!!!! HURRY UP!!!!!! CRESTON!!!! SHOOT THAT FUCKER!!!!!

Oh, the fun we'll have...

Hehe. I should probably invest in a mic for my PS3 then, huh? Anyone have any advice on which one to get?

I've been using these for SP, but I've not tested the mic yet...used to be a big fan of Turtle Beach, but my last two headsets would produce random popping sounds which was distracting/annoying. My only gripe (with the ones linked) is I wish battery life was longer...I think I average around 5 hours of play between charges.

Got the same one, I like them, hated the earbud one so bought these to replace it, and even use them as my PC headphones too. I like the fact it doesnt rest on your ears but surrounds them, dont like having shit resting on or in my ears. My only bitch would be bass is a little lacking, but for the price... AFAIK if you turn off the virtual 7.1 (which frankly is kinda lame from my experience) you get more bat life.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2013, 19:38 Yosemite Sam

nin wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 09:45:
<Blue's technology woes>

So, ya got that PS4 ordered?

Hassle free gaming, no need to constantly upgrade, this is why I finally jumped ship. PC gaming can be such a PITA, not that I totally abandoned the platform all together... Cause I got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle :)... heh I probably would have if not for Valve (steam)

... anywho anytime I've had such issues with my PC my first step is usually to tear it down, clean contacts with eraser, then rebuild it. From there it's simply a pull shit out until its stable procedure.

4. Re: Evening Previews Sep 6, 2013, 21:22 Yosemite Sam

No new videos in that IGN preview but one thing really stood out for me... seems they have done some work in making the game persistent, IE just because something is no longer in your line of sight doesn't mean it no longer exists... so no doing a 180 and have stuff behind you, like cars, simply vanish... that's friken sweet... less then 2 weeks!!!

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2013, 05:48.

6. Re: Evening Previews Sep 4, 2013, 21:21 Yosemite Sam

nin wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 18:14:
These daily GTA updates are both thrilling and seem to be making the 14 days left goooooo eeevvveeennn sloooooowwwweeerrr

Thanks to the steam sale (F:NV) I don't have that problem... timing should work out perfectly ... damn the game is ugly though, but real consequences for your actions, damn nice feature that is extremely rare in games.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
13. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Sep 4, 2013, 21:16 Yosemite Sam

Game is looking sweet, but, this will be a PS4 game for me so I will not be playing it for a few years... heh assuming the PS4 doesnt turn out to be a total lemon.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2013, 16:38 Yosemite Sam

Shok wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 16:17:
I can honestly say even if they pulled a Microsoft AOE 10 cent sale I wouldn't bite on Aliens...

Oh I dunno, when it hits the $2.50 mark I'll give it some thought... maybe.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Module Released
57. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Module Released Aug 30, 2013, 22:10 Yosemite Sam

I gotta say based on what I've seen so far, with over a years worth of work done, is this is going to take forever to finish. How many years until it gets tagged 'Star Citizen Forever' Hope I'm wrong, because the concept is awesome, but I cant help but feel this is going to turn into the never ending build.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Aug 27, 2013, 14:34 Yosemite Sam

Nice, Supreme Commander has been on my list for ages and it's finally 75% off, @ $3.74 it's time to pull the trigger.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2013, 14:27 Yosemite Sam

I finally broke down this summer and upgraded my 6-7 year old PC... did the cheaperish route with an i5 and GTX 660 OC... heh and finally dumped XP for 7.  

1589 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo