Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pierre

Real Name Pierre   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yosemite Sam
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Gamer, old school. Been around since pong.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 6, 2004, 19:16
Total Comments 1598 (Pro)
User ID 21539

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 17:52 Yosemite Sam

Well I'm in, raced Lamar, robbed the store, didn't join the team deathmatch they wanted me to do. Sitting alone in LS at half health wondering how the hell I'm I supposed the heal? Went to hospitals and stores where I knew either med kits or pop machines were located but theres nothing there, confused to say the least. Tried to join a crew session but it either doesnt work or nobodys playing ATM.

EDIT k found some pop machines and figured out you can buy supplies at a store... Got on a populated server and jammed for a bit, held up some stores. One session I was in the cops were fucked, move ten feet stop, move another ten feet stop, needless to say ditching the police in that session was a cake walk, heh probably could have walked away from them.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2013, 19:49.

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
46. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 21:44 Yosemite Sam

Rigs wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 21:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 20:18:

Anyone have any idea on how to avoid the patch?
I guess I could always just turn off my wireless router...

uh...unplug the wireless adapter behind the xbox?

Yeah, I'm gonna unplug my PS3 for a while and play off-line until they get this shit figured out...if it will let me...

=-Rigs-=

You don't have to unplug the console from your network, just don't accept the update... and you don't have to sign in when you use the console either just turn off the auto log on feature, turned that off on mine a long time ago... though with GTA5 even if you're logged off it still detects the update, just don't accept it it still lets you play... think I'll backup my saves to a thumb drive and see what happens, of course if the saves themselves are ok and its the core game thats getting messed up I'll be SOL... hmmm, fuck it, I'll let Rockstar get their shit together first.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

41. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 19:09 Yosemite Sam

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 18:33:
Anyone have any idea on how to avoid the patch?

I guess I could always just turn off my wireless router...

Well on the PS3 you have the option to not do anything just hit O. I got the message to install the patch and opted out of it after hearing about it being fucked. I was not logged in at the time dunno if you can opt out of it if you're logged into PSN.

Yep, I had the same issue with Franklin, that he always had an extra mission showing. It's the Tonya/Tow missions.

And it's the only occurence of it in the game, afaik (I've played through twice now.)

Ya I called her and got another couple of tow missions, now waiting to hear from her again.

I just (FINALLY! By freak coincidence) finished that Father/Son mission..

Ya I mentioned this earlier, once I figured out that you can hold the cinema button and your car auto follows the boat that mission turned into a cake walk... well except you still gotta shoot that one guy and capture the kid.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2013, 19:14.

32. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 16:39 Yosemite Sam

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 15:55:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 15:41:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 13:31:
I actually dig the tow truck stuff, so much so that it will be the 3rd property I buy as I enjoy doing the missions....oh well. You can do whatever you want, just turn cheats on and you won't have any police issues....

That's not a property you can buy. I liked the tow truck missions too but there were only two of them and I even went back to the yard to see if I could do them outside the story and there was no tow truck there.

Looks like I'll avoid logging into PSN for now don't wanna mess up my game.

huh!?

There are more than 2 missions, and you can buy the property (after all missions) for 150k......must be Franklin character to do so.....

FYI - handy page to help with purchasing decisions and length of time for ROI:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Properties_You_Can_Buy

Hmmm I got no missions on my map and I've finished the game... I see, seems I'm missing a few things, guess I better make a phone call, the bitch is holding out on me... would explain why Franklin shows an outstanding mission but no missions on the map... wonder how many other things I'm missing because I've never called anyone, looks like I need to make a bunch of phone calls.

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 15:47 Yosemite Sam

nin wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 10:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 10:23:
It's basically like the Single Player game only co-op, with a different story that takes place a few months before the single player story.

Thought it was after?

Based on the ending possibilities that wouldnt be possible.... um assuming it involves the main story characters in any way.

27. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 15:41 Yosemite Sam

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 13:31:
I actually dig the tow truck stuff, so much so that it will be the 3rd property I buy as I enjoy doing the missions....oh well. You can do whatever you want, just turn cheats on and you won't have any police issues....

That's not a property you can buy. I liked the tow truck missions too but there were only two of them and I even went back to the yard to see if I could do them outside the story and there was no tow truck there.

Looks like I'll avoid logging into PSN for now don't wanna mess up my game.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2013, 20:58 Yosemite Sam

I'm on the military base and have not raised the alarm at all, not even getting in, so that is at least possible. Train, no dice, got on and made my way to the front and it wont let you in the cab

If you want in the base without raising alarms SST There is a low wall on the river side of the base by the control towers. Can be accessible via hood of a car, but lots of cameras so alarm goes off real fast. Around corner from that area is another wall with some gensets running, no cameras, can get over wall with semi truck, might work with jacked up 4x4. Dont know if it makes a difference but I'm wearing stealth clothing, moving in sneak mode, and its night time. I timed the patrol and made it into the trench surrounding the base without being seen and seem to be able to sneak around the trench without raising the alarm... now just gotta find a way from the trench into the base proper without being seen. wish me luck

International Airport, every time I drive up it blows up.

Oh well, thought maybe it was Trevs hanger and was a size issue but if it blows up in one of those it's just not meant to be, or hopefully a bug that will get addressed. Still not gonna stop me from trying to steal one

EDIT Well I'm inside the perimeter with no alarms raised. But by the time I got there it was dawn, dunno if night\day makes a difference but I got perfect cover so I'm riding it out till nightfalll and just scoping out where I want to go when it gets dark. C-130s were in and out all night while I was moving in and a few jets have landed and parked while Ive been camping.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2013, 00:18.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2013, 17:25 Yosemite Sam

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 17:01:
Now the bad news, every time I go to the hanger, the c130 blows up. Yay Rockstar!

Hanger at the international airport or Trevs hanger? I've had problems with aircraft I tried to save from missions, mainly the skycrane, saved it at Trevs helipad but it kept spawning on its side until I replaced it with another helo then it was gone permanently. My big sandbox plan at this point is to see if I can board and operate a train... SST outside of the mission where you do get to operate a train. oh and the barracks and army jeep are fucked, they don't show up if you buy them on the net.

17. Re: May I present... Sep 30, 2013, 16:14 Yosemite Sam

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 13:03:
Big Bertha

After 100 failed attempts I finally figured out how to get this baby out of the military base (actually my 2nd time cause the 1st time I was almost to the aiport and was taking a picture, and accidentally bailed out of the plane trying to close the phone) without a single shot fired!

I'll post my guide later today, right now I need a cig and booze to celebrate!

Nice! Saw that baby when I was scoping the place for the big helo... I'll have to make a run for it now that I know you can actually take it. I'm still looking for a way to sneak into the base, tried some of the holding ponds hoping for a pipe to crawl through, got an idea to scope out the highway tunnel that runs under the runway, still havent looked into it yet. SST Was at the airport and decided to see if I could get on one of the 747s, and to you can :), but, I rolled it out, took off and the friken thing explodes when you get it in the air :(

Got to the credit roll yesterday (decided to just go for it and sandbox afterward seeing as the story unlocks everything) I dunno, I kind of prefered 4s story ark to this one but it was definitely fun. I havent run into the car bug yet (though mikes safehouse garage is fucked) I've upgraded the characters main vehicles (never put in garages) and they have stayed modded. Same with purchased garages, I bought cars, modded them and they remain in my garage plus anytime I've lost one when out and about I've been able to recover it at the impound yard... I think things get screwed up when you try to save the characters main vehicle in a garage, you don't need to it never gets lost.

EDIT SST Heh what the fuck is up with Trevor. I've never switched to him and found him in a police pursuit but so many times he is half naked or wearing a dress, pissed drunk, and way out in the middle of friken nowhere, literally say to myself not going to deal with this and just switch right back to another person.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2013, 16:37.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2013, 15:46 Yosemite Sam

nin wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 11:18:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 11:14:

23k per waste if you purchased the dock on the west side of LS. Also take Michael there during the daytime and talk to the stranger on the dock, you'll get the diving gear. And lastly (not tried this yet) if you have a Cargobob you can hoist the sub like during the mission. Going to try this to see if there is anything in the Lake later today.

Is there a limit to those, in game (IE do they respawn over time)? I'm not having a lot of luck in the stock market (granted, saving the assassination missions for the very end), and might try that instead.

Only person who needs mega cash is Mike, the other two don't need it and will be swimming in it by the end so spend freely. Remember with the stock market and assassination missions to hit the market at both ends (purchase the stock that tanked when it hits rock bottom) That is actually more profitable then buying the stock that rises after the hit (no need to reload game once you know the target as the other characters can clean up on the tanked stock) My Mike grossed over 200 mill on just two hits, plenty enough for the golf course and three theaters... IMO the money thing was poorly thought out, the money you earn from the businesses is meaningless, as like I said, all your characters are swimming in cash.

EDIT oh and I found Clucking Bells main supply depot, going to blow everything to the moon and see if it affects stock prices... not that I need any money... literally swimming in it... even tried to spend my way back to zero just so my businesses mean something, gave up after buying everything I could and still have well over ten million in the bank... and that is with characters that didnt play the market, just money from the last heist.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2013, 16:28.

News Comments > Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date
24. Re: Unconfirmed Grand Theft Auto V PC Listing Shows March Date Sep 25, 2013, 15:50 Yosemite Sam

FYI for anyone who hasn't already done this on the PS3

XMB Settings Menu:
Game settings: Upscaler=OFF, Smoothing=OFF

BD/DVD Settings: Cinema Conversion=Video, DVD Upscaler=OFF, BD 1080p 24 Hz output=OFF, BD/DVD Audio output format= BITSTREAM

Music settings: Crossfade playback=OFF, Audio cd output=44.1/88/192KHz, Bitmapping=OFF

System settings: Notification messages=DO NOT DISPLAY

Display settings: Screensaver=OFF

Security settings: ALL OFF

Network settings: Media server connection=DISABLE

Makes a very noticeable difference in frame rate drops while playing GTA5... or any game for that matter.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions?
37. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 20:31 Yosemite Sam

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 17:57:
Make life easier on the yacht missions, switch to auto aim classic.

I had less of an issue shooting then I had getting picked off by a vehicle that was flying around after getting creamed by the rig.

Kinda disappointed that pool didn't make the cut. Out of darts, bowling and pool, darts is the last game I would have picked. Hope they put bowling and pool back in and don't do the BoGT thing where any new mini games only work with the DLC... when I heard skydiving was getting put into 4 my first thought was doing jumps with Brucie, alas it wasn't in the cards.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions?
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 24, 2013, 17:18 Yosemite Sam

Well got in a good run last night, still haven't met the third person yet ... I wanna sandbox!

Don't know if anyone else figured this out... SST Was doing the mission where you chase the yacht through traffic, PITA trying to avoid traffic until I figured out if you pull in behind the rig then hold down the cinematic button your car follows the rig without you having to drive at all, made that whole mission sooo much easier oh and heh... driving through town when I see some woman on the side of the road yelling for help. I figure ok haven't done any of these side things yet, I'll help. Follow her between two buildings when three guys jump out and shoot me dead before I can even pull my gun! BITCH!

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
44. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 15:39 Yosemite Sam

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 10:38:
While what Nvidia says is true, in reality the best GPU isn't gonna mean shit if you need 1000 artists employed for 3 to 5 years to make a big AAA title.

What's limiting graphics isn't the GPU, it's the cost, time and manpower needed to make that superior looking gfx...

There is no ecomony of scale when it comes to modeling or texturing.

Wait what? , what Nvidia is saying is BS, consoles have never been better GFX platforms then PCs, it's impossible because PCs set the curve not consoles. Shit the PS4 isnt out yet and is already technically behind the curve.

Artists assets? do you not understand how GFX cards work? assets are only half the picture. What we see on the screen is run through a gauntlet of built in filters that work to completely transform the look of assets within a video game. MSAA, SSAO, HDR, AF, depth of field, blending, tessellation ect ect ect. All these things improve the look of a game regardless of the artists assets.

GTA5 sure would look a hell of a lot better with just some anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, the most basic of GFX functionality, and that has nothing to do with artists and everything to do with power which the PC will always dominate... hell I recently played through F:NV and ran a mod(ENB)that did absolutely nothing to the assets of the game but made it look way way better.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 21:28 Yosemite Sam

The HDMI port on the Xbox One supports the PlayStation 4

Um no shit Sherlock, and hey guess what? So does my TV, receiver, and every other HDMI HDCP compliant device on the planet. Guess the next big find is gonna be about how Yamaha amplifiers support JVC speakers? ... oh and didn't want to let the cat out of the bag here but my LG DVD player actually works with my Sony TV... shh don't tell Sony!

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 20:02 Yosemite Sam

Quboid wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 19:03:
Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 18:32:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 15:46:
Well finally got to the end game on F:NV then tried out Dead Money, ewww, fuck that its GTA time! Thought I'd get some play time last night but my data transfer from my old FAT to my new Slim took over ten hours so only managed to get to a save point before it was time to crash.

Good to know not to upgrade any cars for now, course I'm not gonna upgrade much with $250 to my name I kinda just want to sandbox for a bit but would like to get all 3 characters available to play with... do I have to get very far into the story before that happens?

I thought Dead Money was terrible. Old World Blues is pretty good, and I quite liked Lonely Road if only for its setting.

You need to do about 12-15 missions before Trevor unlocks. It's a few hours in.

The DLCs are disappointing IMHO. Dead Money was just a chore and isn't worth your time. Old World Blues some nice stuff as does Lonesome Road. Honest Hearts was my favourite, because of the setting and because it's the only one that isn't completely focused on combat. That's their main problem, they're just semi-linear combat based quests.

Are the Fallout 3 expansions the same, or is there more trade and politics? I've never finished FO3 and I'd be tempted to get a load of mods and the DLC and check it out.

Heh so it seems I picked the worst of the DLC to play... well I'm in GTA mode now so FNV is out, I'm sure I'll go back to the wasteland again at some point, just have to remember to skip DM... guess I'll skip sandboxing for now on GTA then and get some missions under my belt... funny about the garage bug, I've barely played and already have two cars stacked on top of each other in Franklins garage, seems there are more then a few problems with the whole car storage thing.

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 15:46 Yosemite Sam

Well finally got to the end game on F:NV then tried out Dead Money, ewww, fuck that its GTA time! Thought I'd get some play time last night but my data transfer from my old FAT to my new Slim took over ten hours so only managed to get to a save point before it was time to crash.

Good to know not to upgrade any cars for now, course I'm not gonna upgrade much with $250 to my name I kinda just want to sandbox for a bit but would like to get all 3 characters available to play with... do I have to get very far into the story before that happens?

News Comments > iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues
40. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 21:55 Yosemite Sam

Gotta give at least one cred to LATD, cruising around Liberty with a posse of bikers was fun.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2013, 13:57 Yosemite Sam

Can't imagine how no Activision games made the list after their huge weekend sale... LOL.  

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Sep 13, 2013, 02:07 Yosemite Sam

Heh, ya Call of Duty for the amazing sale price of $15... not MW, or MW2, or BO but the original, now ten year old game, $15 ON SALE! ... LOL, those COs are smoking some serious crack... then again the people have given them no reason to think they are doing anything wrong. Tomb Raider meanwhile, a game released 5 months ago is on sale for $12.

I think once the fairy tale money making machines of COD and WOW finally do burn out, and they will, activision will crash and crash hard because the people running the place live in a bubble.

1598 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo