Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joel Anderson

Real Name Joel Anderson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jadar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2004, 23:13
Total Comments 30 (Suspect)
User ID 21478

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > The History Channel's Civil War Announced
6. This will take some doing... Sep 19, 2006, 02:17 Jadar

Just how will they turn, even this, into a piece of pro-Bush propaganda? It will be difficult, but if any organization can do it, the History Channel can.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
9. No subject Jul 3, 2006, 02:50 Jadar

I should have been more precise: Microsoft has made an operating system so distasteful that I would rather abandon the PC as a gaming platform and invest in a questionable console platform. In that sense, Microsoft has failed. (I wanted a banana but bought a plantain instead.)

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Well, I'd rather buy a PS3... Jul 2, 2006, 22:27 Jadar

than Vista, so Microsoft has certainly failed, at least as far as I'm concerned. Whether or not it's Bill Gates' fault is of no interest to me at all.

News Comments > EA To Acquire Mythic
24. Talk about culture shock Jun 20, 2006, 20:34 Jadar

Mythic has probably the best customer relations of any company I've ever had to deal with - certainly the best of any MMO. EA on the other hand is the absolute worst, particularly with their MMO's. Mythic will rue the day they agreed to this acquisition. They may be better off shutting down.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
6. So, by Valve's own logic... Jun 9, 2006, 02:36 Jadar

shouldn't their games be 6 times longer?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Consoles becoming PClike isn't a problem Jun 1, 2006, 17:01 Jadar

It's consoles costing as much as PC's that sucks. (and where's my keyboard anyway?) I'm hoping the Revolution gets allot of developer attention, 'cause the other two options demand too many concessions. When is linux going to be a viable gaming platform? Maybe in a just and sane world.

News Comments > Thursday Game Reviews
2. Re: No subject May 19, 2006, 00:13 Jadar

I agree it's a good game, but with some serious flaws. I can see why they were able to get just enough funding to finish the game, there is a lot to like - things you haven't seen in every game since Doom, from the setting to the game play. All the while I was playing it, I vacillated between admiration and disgust. It wasn't the constant dying, that kind of made sense in a Lovecraftian sort of way, but the lack of logical progression was really annoying. In better organized or more skilled hands it could have been a great game. But it was a fun romp all the same.

News Comments > Morning Q&A
18. Alas, I was being optimistic. May 18, 2006, 23:52 Jadar

Given the people working on this game, I thought there might be a chance for a story line and setting reminiscent of Planescape: Torment. This interview dashed that. I just hope it's better than the first (Bioware)Neverwinter Nights, that is, a lame demo of the engine and modding capabilities.

News Comments > EVE Online Expansion
7. Still one the best MMOG's May 12, 2006, 04:09 Jadar

Granted its not for everyone - there isn't much crossover with the WoW crowd. The economic system is unrivaled; it's incredibly detailed. The game looks good and plays well, even on modest systems (I know, it's space, how hard is that). Combat is probably the weakest component. It would be cool if it was a little more hands on, like a traditional space sim, but combat is semi-automatic like most mmo's. PvP is still brutal though. It's worth a look, if you liked Tie Fighter or the Freespaces it may appeal to you.

3. Re: Carmack.... May 1, 2006, 21:49 Jadar

And the gaming community has been gleefully financing their engine development for years - by purchasing their so called games.

Carmack should give something back, how about developing a full gaming API for linux? I'm sick of Microsoft holding me for ransom.

This comment was edited on May 1, 21:53.

News Comments > Gray Company Revealed
2. Anyone know if Doug Church is involved? Apr 22, 2006, 21:04 Jadar

I know he accepted a position at EA and if this is the project, it may be worth a look. Either way, it will still have to be an utterly fantastic (possibly orgasmic) experience to get me to shell out cash to EA.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Auto Assault
23. If things splatered and died when hit Apr 13, 2006, 15:34 Jadar

or at least rendered immobile so you could back up and hit them again, it might be fun. But you have to shoot them and shoot them and stop and back up and shoot them some more. I wanted to drive a car stained with the blood of my victims, what I got was 'Driving Miss Daisy' set in the desert.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Playstation 3 Will Be $612 to $734? Apr 6, 2006, 04:14 Jadar

Not a chance.

News Comments > Ensemble Goes MMO
18. No subject Apr 3, 2006, 15:15 Jadar

Well, I'm tired of WoW and want to play somthing else. Where is it?

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 15:15.

1. On Warren Spector... Mar 21, 2006, 00:07 Jadar

I suspect he's past it. Also, if he doesn't have anything to say, why does he keep talking?

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
7. Re: CCP = Sneaky Bastards Mar 19, 2006, 18:59 Jadar

OP = Clueless Bastard

News Comments > Investigating the Gaming Disease
21. "...revolution turned Iran hostile..." Mar 10, 2006, 02:22 Jadar

Would that be the revolution that installed the Shaw as the resident despot and US puppet? Yeah know, back in the 50's when the CIA was conducting foreign policy without the knowledge of the American people.

And if you can't understand the juxtaposition, it really must be beyond you.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Robert Fripp? Jan 12, 2006, 22:58 Jadar

That's actually the first interesting thing I've heard about "Vista", but somehow, I don't think it will provide me with enough incentive to actually buy it!

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 22:59.

News Comments > Loki Revealed
13. Cool, at around $100 Dec 19, 2005, 16:31 Jadar

maybe $150. But if I wont spend $250 on a sound card that has plenty of uses, I'm sure as hell not going to waste that much on a card that may 'enhance' a game or two. Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard. So what.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. Scott Jennings? Dec 13, 2005, 22:10 Jadar

That wouldn't be 'Lum the Mad' would it? Damn, that takes me back, way back, too far back actually.

30 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo