Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt F

Real Name Matt F   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SquirrelZero
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Pandora Studios programmer
http://www.pandora-studios.com
Homepage http://www.frag-ops.com
Signed On Jul 30, 2004, 10:37
Total Comments 593 (Apprentice)
User ID 21448

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Sims 2 Backlash Backlash
69. Re: No subject Jul 28, 2005, 18:04 SquirrelZero

That isn't the "mod" Mr. Brown is talking about here, anyway. He's referring to specific mods that change the models and skins of the characters beneath the blur to be anatomically correct, or remove dating age restrictions, etc. It's already been acknowledged in another interview that beneath the blur is nothing but smooth mannequin-esque bodies with absolutely no skin detail whatsoever. They compared it to Barbie and Ken. Nobody cares that you can remove the blur -- there's nothing there to see.

What Mr. Brown is outraged over is that Thompson actually accuses them of supporting pedophilia and other nonsense because of (entirely user-created) mods out there that remove certain hardcoded restrictions on dating/sex age. Personally, i would be outraged as well. It's a disgusting accusation from a disgusting, petty man.

Hell, even in the Sims University expansion pack, they replaced beer with juice, because of cleanliness zealots. Thompson needs to know when to stop.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rockstar & Take Two Sued
13. Re: can we say Jul 27, 2005, 20:58 SquirrelZero

This is one of those "how stupid are you?" moments. She bought it for a 14 year old kid! I love how she also sued on behalf of all consumers nationwide -- i'm sure she'll happily accept their cut of the settlement if she wins, right?

This one will be huge fun to watch. I hope she realizes that she'll be ridiculed for this for the rest of her life. Enjoy.

News Comments > DOOM Movie Mania
52. Re: Zzzzzz... Jul 27, 2005, 16:31 SquirrelZero

I can skip this one. I'm not sure whose fault it was, the movie or trailer makers, but inserting that same old "canned scream" effect they had at the end of the trailer was enough to make me cringe. The trailer itself was also extremely blah. Absolutely nothing stood out.

News Comments > Federal Rockstar Probe
69. Re: Well Jul 26, 2005, 15:06 SquirrelZero

Creston look out! He's backing up his words on you!

And red text man! RED TEXT! Like, holy shit!

55. Re: No subject Jul 26, 2005, 14:24 SquirrelZero

Also as so many people have said, it's an 18+ game, not a PG and as such the parents should have thought "Wow i wonder why this game is an 18. Oh well i guess it's just bambi running through fields that gives it an 18"

Actually, it's a 17+ game. HUUUUUGE difference. I mean, shucks, between 17 and 18 a whole year goes by! A year man! Think of the children! God hates you.

http://www.esrb.com/images/icon_m.gif
http://www.esrb.com/images/icon_ao.gif

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 14:25.

22. Re: Well Jul 26, 2005, 13:02 SquirrelZero

Tax dollars well spent. I would further like to a suggest a federal probe into those behind stupid federal probes.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
7. Re: Witcher Jul 25, 2005, 13:30 SquirrelZero

I agree that the choices you make throughout the course of the game should be the major determinates in the overall outcome of the ending. If you can just change your mind at the end, it does cheapen the experience of choosing. Why did you go through all those seemingly-difficult choices if they end up meaning nothing?

News Comments > DoD: Source & HL2 Lost Coast Status
23. Re: ... Jul 23, 2005, 23:06 SquirrelZero

On the plus side it's free, as much of the HL2 content has been.

Not if you bought it through Steam. When i was given purchasing options for HL2, there was the bronze option, which did not include Half-Life: Source or DoD: Source. If you went one step higher, with silver, these two were included. So you do indeed pay for them. Not free.

News Comments > Jack Thompson vs. The Sims
51. Re: spam him Jul 23, 2005, 14:30 SquirrelZero

Fausticle: Are you sure that is his e-mail address? Where did you find it?

That's really him. He probably found it on his website:

http://www.stopkill.com/

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Bush creates post Jul 22, 2005, 20:30 SquirrelZero

you faggot liberals are funny! and you cant even spell!

If being a 'faggot liberal' is being the opposite of you, we've won. By a lot. Famous Hudson words of wisdom:

you fucking morons need to keep your anti american sentiments and terrorist loving rhetoric off these fucking boards.

you dont like it move to Canada you pussies. Me I'm always up for a game where i can tag ragheads with fucking helicopters

I mean this with the utmost respect, hudson: Get fucking lost.

23. Re: No subject Jul 22, 2005, 20:17 SquirrelZero

I think his argument will be that EA "allows" people to mod the Sims (2) to have nude skins/wotever. He doesn't even have to prove that EA has the content there to be unlocked (he did that with Rockstar) he just has to show that it can be put there and made available online for everybody/pedos to get their hands on.

Yeah, and i've seen people turn vacuum cleaners into assault cannons, spring-loaded pens into staple-firing weapons, hell, i've even personally built a gun out of legos that fired pencils through cardboard.

Sue them all!

7. Re: No subject Jul 22, 2005, 18:39 SquirrelZero

God i love Thompson. For entertainment value, you can't get much better!

Hahaha. What a lunatic.

News Comments > The Cost of Hot Coffee
16. Re: Got... Jul 22, 2005, 14:13 SquirrelZero

What's the comparison, Tim? That two consenting adults engaging in adultrery is comparable to explicit sex exposed to pre-teens and teens?

Please try again. The game was rated M (17+) to begin with. If pre-teens are playing it, then the parents of those kids have already failed, and that is not the problem of the software publisher/developer. If it's a 17+ year old playing it, well, their legal age of sexual consent is less than a year away. Stop using the "BUT IT WAS HURTING TEH KIDS" argument. This game is not for kids.

I'll also remind you that R movies are rated for people 17+ and many that i've seen have explicit sexual content and nudity, and these actually involve real people. Although some might consider this a moot point, i find it an interesting double standard.

News Comments > Getting Down on Getting Up?
40. Re: No subject Jul 21, 2005, 15:35 SquirrelZero

At the least, people would lose their jobs (and not the ones who deserve it, but the ones at the bottom of the ladder), and at the worst, one of those companies would be out of business. I just don't see how they deserve either one for something like this.

News Comments > Getting Down on Getting Up?
37. Re: No subject Jul 21, 2005, 15:27 SquirrelZero

I like that idea. Refuse to give Take 2 games a rating for two years.

Whoa dude. I generally agree with a lot of your points, but i can't side with you here. You know that would essentially put Take 2 out of business, and cost any of the hundreds of people that worked there their jobs, right? No retailers sell games that aren't rated anymore. Sure, one could argue that digital distribution is one route, but the majority of their sales come from consoles where digital distribution isn't an option.

Rockstar was at fault here. Punish them, although i still think that putting them out of business is too harsh. I don't think a publisher should be held responsible for hidden assets, most publishers don't ever see any of the source code to the games they put out. One could argue that perhaps publishers should review these things, but that means more money spent on costs for a title, and the only developers it would hurt are the ones with, guess what, little to no money.

Think about what that means to all the people who work at those companies. This isn't someone dumping toxic waste in your drinking water. The characters "exposed" in this hidden mod aren't real people. The impact it has on people 17 and older, for which an M rating is designed, is negligible. Punishment needs to fit the crime.

News Comments > EQ: Desert of Flames Beta Sign-ups
22. Re: Guild Wars Jul 20, 2005, 20:25 SquirrelZero

I meant saying that Guild Wars was a good game and that they should try it.

I get you. In that case, perhaps i was, although "changing minds" isn't the way i'd put it. I mentioned it merely as a possible game of interest to other fellow players, thinking that since i had enjoyed it they might too. Similarly if a friend of mine played and enjoyed Fallout, i might recommend Baldur's Gate or Planescape to him. I just find it funny that in most cases people would like to hear about something similar that might interest them, but in the world of online gaming this is seen as an attack on so-called "favorite games."

18. Re: Guild Wars Jul 20, 2005, 19:49 SquirrelZero

But what sort of reaction did you really expect? Did you expect to change their minds?

Nope. Change their minds about what exactly? Liking Lineage 2? Or disliking Guild Wars, 90% of which none of them had ever even heard of? It's like telling people about this great restaurant you heard of, then having them go FUCK YOU ASSBISKIT MCDONALDS IS DA BESTEST NOTHING CAN BE TEH BETTER GO BACK TO FUCKING BURGER KING IF YOU LIKE IT SO MUCH. Even though they may have never even heard of Burger King.

You know?

16. Re: Guild Wars Jul 20, 2005, 19:18 SquirrelZero

At least when I played WoW with a monthly fee I felt part of something, like the world was actually vibrant and not generic.

Funny, i feel the exact opposite. When i played WoW i felt like the whole thing was going nowhere. Same shit, different scenery. No story progression. Etc, etc.

This is all relative to perspective, though. I don't go around telling people that WoW sucks, even though i didn't like it. I just tell them i didn't like it. It's extremely sad that people get so protective over their favorite MMO, like PvtHudson, etc. I remember when i had first played Guild Wars, i was also subscribed to Lineage 2. After finishing a few hours in GW i went back into L2 and said how much i liked it in the middle of a city. I couldn't believe the amount of profanity that got spewed my way -- alot of people didn't even say anything about not liking it, they just didn't like to hear that i had liked something better. Humans are funny.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: Heh Jul 20, 2005, 18:55 SquirrelZero

yep!

ragnarok was the first mmorpg ive played and payed for. Only recently i came accross with the term "dupe", which i had never heard of, and looking back, i guess it's been here for long. I guess Gravity did a good homework in preventing such thing of happening!

The beta phase lasted so damn long, i never even bothered paying for it. I reached level 40 with a swordie (i think?) before it went pay-to-play and by then i had already had my fill. Item drops in that game made me weep, though.

I remember the duping. They rolled the game back twice while i played because the dupe exploits were unbelievably easy and the economy was saturated within hours. Still, it was a fun game for its time, if you could put up with the networking issues. Sigh, the old days...

593 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo