Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rudy P

Real Name Rudy P   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Illumin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:26
Total Comments 264 (Amateur)
User ID 21440

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
19. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 05:00 Illumin

I can deal with mediocre graphics as long as the game play is sweet. Looks about on par with Skyrim's graphics.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s The Division Delayed
5. Re: Tom Clancy’s The Division Delayed May 12, 2015, 22:18 Illumin

Bastards! Honestly wasn't expecting it this year anyways. This game does look awesome though.  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Announced
5. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Announced May 12, 2015, 03:08 Illumin

The Half Elf wrote on May 11, 2015, 22:12:
It was really cool until the pistol then rifle then dragon showed up.

I don't mind the minor tech to much depends how they do it. The dragon I was kind of meh on though. I hope they don't go to overboard with fantasy.

I did like the variety of mounts. Something to keep an eye on.

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
18. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 17:13 Illumin

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 11, 2015, 15:14:
jimnms wrote on May 11, 2015, 11:15:
I'm just worried Fallout 4 will be Skyrim with guns.

Agreed.

We'll see how "The Witcher 3" ports to the whole Skyrim OPEN WORLD bullshit that video games are doing these days.

Open world is fine, as long as it's well balanced. I found skyrim to be extremely boring but my brother says it becomes very fun once you mod it to be harder. I just think "Why didn't the developers have this sort of difficulty slider from the start?"

You know there is a difficulty slider in options. Maxed out you can be killed easy (Least on PC). I also play with the gamma very low so you caves and fortresses are pitch black unless you use a light source. This also makes it much harder.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 11, 2015, 13:19 Illumin

I love my internet but I love my body parts even more. It's easy to say you would give up a finger, but put that baby down on a chopping block and a couple of guys holding your hand down and another one holding a meat cleaver. I bet their story would change. If not they have an addiction issue.  

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
13. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 13:15 Illumin

That's the thing about (epic) games like Fallout. They are seriously their own hype machine. Publicity is as cheap as a Linkedin profile, or even better still some elaborate hoax on someone else's dime.  

News Comments > All Future Battlefield 4 Content Free
15. Re: All Future Battlefield 4 Content Free May 10, 2015, 01:31 Illumin

I haven't enjoyed Battlefield since Bad Company 2. Being able to take down whole buildings was awesome. Blowing holes in roofs and coming down into a house full of enemies was the best. In Battlefield 3 and 4 the graphics might be better but Meh I just can't get into it.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Syndicate?
6. Re: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate? May 8, 2015, 23:45 Illumin

Climb walls and jump into wagons full of hay in a brand new location (insert city name here)!  

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend; BIS Sale
25. Re: Arma III Free Weekend; BIS Sale May 8, 2015, 20:34 Illumin

Even if you don't like Military games, the mod Arma 3 life mod is awesome. Want to run drugs? Pick apples? Rob people? Make a rebel outpost? Join a police force and arrest drug smugglers and robbers or pull people over for making an illegal turn? Rob people at ATMs? Just google it up and watch some videos. Frankie on PC has some good ones a bit old now but you can get the basic idea of what you can do. Im sure there are some newer ones out there now. Anyways if you do the free weekend look into doing this free mod. You will have a blast.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse May 8, 2015, 20:26 Illumin

Squirmer wrote on May 8, 2015, 11:02:
Eliminating gender categories just means people aren't being told what kind of toy to buy based on the kid's sex. Families might have to actually ask the child and see what kind of thing they're into. It's a small step, but a good one.

Also there's a difference between sex and gender.

Most adults do ask what their child wants for Christmas, birthday, gift giving holiday. If a parent doesn't want their kid to play with a barbie or what have you, this isn't going to stop them.
Having a boy or a girl option just helps making it easier to sort.

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews May 8, 2015, 03:41 Illumin

jacobvandy wrote on May 7, 2015, 21:03:
They're changing how you equip traits so that you only have three lines available at a time, but I believe you'll be able to completely fill each one. As opposed to how it is now, where spending all your trait points gives you 6/6/4 if you focus on three. But then, you won't be able to have more rounded builds like 2/6/6/2 or 2/4/4/4/2. No way to know how that will affect everything yet, since they're overhauling a lot of that stuff, rebalancing with combining some traits and adding new ones, as well as eliminating some old traits by folding them into baseline stats. Major traits are locked to their respective tiers now. They're also taking the attribute bonuses off of trait lines altogether and raising the amount you get from armor to compensate. This is a huge patch that will be coming before the expansion is released.

Anyway, the elite specializations are another trait line in addition to the existing ones, with unique abilities that are only available when you have it slotted, too. So like for the Guardian, which has Zeal, Radiance, Valor, Honor, Virtues, and soon Dragonhunter, you choose three of those to equip traits from. They've said there will be more elite specs in the future, but you will only be able to have one active at a time. I agree this is a weird aesthetic they've chosen for the Guardian... We've known it was getting the longbow with support skills for a while, but most were expecting more of a Paragon hybrid thing with chants.

This calculator gives you an idea of what the new trait system looks like, and has all of the known trait changes mixed in:

http://dulfy.net/2015/05/02/gw2-specialization-calculator-that_shaman/

Meh sounds like they are dumbing it down like wow did with the talent trees.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week
17. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 8, 2015, 03:37 Illumin

Trevellian wrote on May 7, 2015, 20:47:
The only one that was any good was Black Flag, and by association Rogue I'd assume.

They might as well just release a standalone non-AC Pirate game cause thats all anyone wants now.

I love the navel combat just wish it was harder and more in depth. It reminds me of that PC game "Sea Dogs" which was great.
The way they are pumping out AC games now days though is kind of killing it for me. It's turning into another Call of Doody.

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Beta
11. Re: GOG Galaxy Beta May 6, 2015, 05:31 Illumin

As long as your significant other is cool with playing till 3 am is all that matters. If someone else doesn't like that your up till 3 am geeking out then F@% em.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Survivor Squad: Gauntlets
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Survivor Squad: Gauntlets May 3, 2015, 09:45 Illumin

Line of sight is about to become a thing of the past. With things like DARPA's homing bullet soldiers won't have a chance.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 3, 2015, 09:40 Illumin

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 2, 2015, 22:37:
Anyone predicting prices is an idiot. If they really knew what "currency fluctuations" were going to do then they would be a billionaire and could make trillions from the futures markets.

People do this all the time with the stock market, some better than others. Gartner is a research and advisory firm they do stuff like this for a living. Will they be right? Who knows? But I would say they know a little more about it than the average Joe.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free DLC Tuesday
1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free DLC Tuesday May 1, 2015, 21:13 Illumin

Id just like to see the ability to zoom out further with the tactical camera (along with better camera controls).  

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 4 & Fan Theories
7. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 4 & Fan Theories Apr 30, 2015, 16:41 Illumin

Five nights at Freddy's is giving COD a run for their money. Personally I was burnt out on this after the 2nd one.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Car Mechanic Simulator 2015
11. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 Apr 25, 2015, 11:12 Illumin

It's pretty amazing what is (surprisingly) fun. I play the hell out of Farming Simulator 2015 and Euro Truck simulator 2. Usually play rpg's but saw a lets play of these on Youtube and figured what the hell ill try them out.  

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
10. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 11:11 Illumin

siapnar wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 10:56:
The car combat will make or break this, and it looks to be the strongest part.
They've stated that's the emphasis, so don't get too worked up about the melee combat system (which looks pretty good in the first place)

Yes and one thing i noticed and didn't care for is there is no impact when cars ram into each other. They just kind of jerk for a second. There is no visible car damage from head on collisions just a puff of smoke. Anyways Ill keep any eye on it and check reviews / youtube game play once it comes out before I decide if I should buy this.

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
4. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 10:28 Illumin

Kind of looks like the love child of Rage & Fallout New Vegas.

264 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo