Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rudy P

Real Name Rudy P   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Illumin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:26
Total Comments 199 (Novice)
User ID 21440

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
18. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 17, 2015, 17:15 Illumin

500 station cash = 5$ price of an airdrop = you paying for a server event that everyone can get in on for free. No thanks Ill pass all the way around on airdrops. They should just make airdrops a random server wide event and make $ selling base decorations and skins.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WildStar Changes Planned
8. Re: WildStar Changes Planned Jan 15, 2015, 14:38 Illumin

This was a pretty fun game had some cool ideas just never really grabbed me.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
12. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 11, 2015, 16:16 Illumin

Funny people that haven't spent a dime on this game are more worried about it than people that have. I backed this game and I'm not worried about it at all. The developer communicates and releases content (or shows it off) pretty often. Arena commander is out, the first person shooter which looks pretty damn good is in the near future. So I'm pretty happy. So take your fist full of dollars that you "saved" shove them in your pie hole and stfu.

Big deal if it takes a few years. If I wanted to waste money on a crappy game rushed out the door I could pick one of 500 on Steam early access.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
12. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 15:20 Illumin

They might see small spikes in sales when they push out new content. I doubt they are going to ever see 30 million since by then you will have (Maybe) No Mans Sky and Star Citizen.

This game just doesn't have the content to get recommended by word of mouth. Anyone can pop on a Youtube channel and watch a lets play and see in a few episodes it gets old quick.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories Jan 9, 2015, 19:37 Illumin

If your going to charge a monthly fee for an MMO your MMO better blow some minds. ESO didn't do this at all. It looked good but wasn't all that great. The spell system was just a total bomb in ESO nothing like the cool spell customization you could do in the other Elder Scrolls games. Also didn't care for the fact that they put you into you into a class system.  

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
11. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 7, 2015, 19:49 Illumin

Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:30:
Task wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:17:
I guess Valve should've been working on Half-Life 3 instead of <insert random thing here> department.

What I'm getting out of this though is the term, as he said is dead, but Valve is still pushing their controller and Steam OS on different living room pc things.

Yes. No one else is really reading. The name is dead, not the product.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Origin PC CEO is stating he thinks the term "Steam Machine" is falling out of favor. Term being the key word.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser?
6. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser? Jan 4, 2015, 20:44 Illumin

Comes out almost as fast as Call of duty but with more content than COD.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Issues
9. Re: Elite Dangerous Issues Jan 3, 2015, 03:26 Illumin

400 billion solar systems it might as well be 4 because they are almost all the exact same give or take a space station which may or may not sell certain items. This game is just way to shallow atm.  

News Comments > Not Even One "M" in Square Enix MMOGs
12. Re: Not Even One Jan 2, 2015, 14:47 Illumin

JeffD wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 13:11:
Fion wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 12:49:
Less than 1-mil between the three? I thought FFXIV was this mega-awesome MMOG that everyone adored? I never tried it, ever since GW2 came out I've had no real interest in the scene.

And yes, an MMOG can be successful and produce revenue without reaching WoW numbers, there are plenty of MMOGs that are successful in their own right.

I played through GW2, as much as I love the atmosphere (And hate how they blew up lions arch) I simply could not get around the lack of the dps/tank/healer trinity. Dungeon crawling and boss encounters are a mear shell compared to other MMOs. And I felt shackled when I wanted to create a character with stronger healing or damage absorbing aspects. Also the crafting system was just sooooo tedious.

I 100% agree with you on the trinity and dungeons. Which is a shame because I really liked many of the quest in this game (except for some of the end game quest). I haven't played GW2 in about 2 years though so maybe end games gotten a bit better.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2014, 00:39 Illumin

Pigeon wrote on Dec 28, 2014, 10:48:
Not surprising about Game of Thrones. Access to current episodes is still behind two pay walls, TV service and HBO, and the Blu-rays are $35+ a season. Maybe when they make HBO-GO standalone they'll see the piracy levels drop.

35$ for 10 hours of entertainment. Thats like 5 movies. Frozen (on blueray) 1 hour 40 min long is $25.00 Pretty weak excuse to pirate Game of Thrones.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 23, 2014, 13:02 Illumin

Well if you like playing the same 10 maps over and over and over and over and over and over this games for you. Id almost rather play farmville then Destiny, its a toss up.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
20. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 21, 2014, 22:08 Illumin

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 21:53:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 21:08:
Yeah I'm with you on that it remains to be seen.
I just choose to withhold throwing insults ala Cutter until we have actual proof of the developer pulling a fast one on their customers, which up to this point Roberts has not done.
I have been following the development with much pleasure. The ride so far has been more fun than lots of games I paid good money for.

Insults? These are educated guesses based on a very pragmatic hindsight of the gaming industry and Chris Roberts. It's not rocket surgery seeing what's going to go down here. People are being intentionally obtuse and blindly optimistic, hoping against hope that this...somehow this game will pan out and be everything good and right in the world. It is just one more object lesson they are going to learn with bitter tears. I'm not he bad guy here, I'm just calling how it's going to go down. And you know it too whether you want to admit it or not.

Educated guess? Monthly charges? Instead of making a educated guess do some research. Lets stick to facts and not bullshit.

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
36. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 13:02 Illumin

Lol yeah like ill out run some guy in a top of the line ship in my noob ship. No thanks. Being beta they should of just wiped its the norm. They all ready had those customers. So instead they scare off any new wanna be merchants / customers.  

News Comments > Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed
12. Re: Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed Dec 4, 2014, 20:45 Illumin

Turn in you C-64's and get yourself a gaming PC people. Don't have to throw a fit just because they are starting to make games that wont run on your (moms) 2007 E-machine.  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
16. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 25, 2014, 04:11 Illumin

I backed this game even though im only a fan of Richard Garriott's older works. I guess I was hoping for the best. I've logged in and checked on the games progress a few times and yes it has gotten better but meh it still needs a ton of work.  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
12. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 23, 2014, 14:26 Illumin

Say what you want about SC but this is either going to be the greatest space game ever or RSI is going to have an angry mob at their office ready to burn it down. As a dumb ass that has 800$ in virtual space ships, I hope its great.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
16. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 14:19 Illumin

50 bazillion solar systems and you just fly from star to star scooping up fuel then flying to the next "sun or space station". I was going to get this game but then it struck me that it looks pretty damn boring. Why not go back to Eve if I was going to play any games involving space?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 22, 2014, 17:59 Illumin

All they have to do is come up with a titty pink I Phone or something and all the sheep will stand in line to pay off this chump change fine for Apple.

News Comments > On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions
12. Re: On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions Nov 21, 2014, 23:31 Illumin

I agree with you 100%. I watch more Youtube than I do TV. Lets plays, reviews etc..  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
139. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 18:29 Illumin

If you played no refund. So even if someone logged in for 5 min 1 time they are screwed? Shady. More business for Star Citizen, or even better No Mans Sky.  

199 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo