Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rudy P

Real Name Rudy P   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Illumin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:26
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 21440

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Smedley Leaves Daybreak
7. Re: Smedley Leaves Daybreak Jul 23, 2015, 11:56 Illumin

Ludomancer wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 11:55:
You forget! We live in the world where you fail upward!

Illumin wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 11:43:
"Transitioning to a different role to be determined" Lets hope its pushing a broom. If worse comes to worse Peter Molyneux could probably use some help with Godus

Oh yeah how could I forget ie Bill Roper!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Smedley Leaves Daybreak
4. Re: Smedley Leaves Daybreak Jul 23, 2015, 11:43 Illumin

"Transitioning to a different role to be determined" Lets hope its pushing a broom. If worse comes to worse Peter Molyneux could probably use some help with Godus  

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
27. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 16:41 Illumin

Guess they didn't realize how big an impact Steam's new refund policy / user reviews would have on their sales. Companies like Egosoft releasing bug ridden crap like X3 Rebirth would be out of business.

What's the lesson here? Put an Early Access disclaimer on it charge the same amount and just tell everyone its in Alpha for the next 4+ years, then just abandon it.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 13, 2015, 12:01 Illumin

The Apple sheep must be saving up for the yearly release of a new Iphone.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
8. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 12:31 Illumin

Seems like an explorers dream. I just hope it doesn't turn into you visit 6 planets and you've seen it all. You can have 890 bazillion planets but if the only difference is a pink goat on this one and a blue goat on that one exploring is going to get old quick. A game to keep my eye on but not as excited as I use to be.  

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
20. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 4, 2015, 19:26 Illumin

harlock wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 16:44:
Fantaz wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 16:22:
MS wants to release Win10 this month but I've been working with the latest builds of it every day and it's still a horribly buggy mess right now... there's also serious bugs that MS said to us that they are not planning on fixing until Fall/Nov 2015! there's no way I'm going to switch from WinBlue (8.1) until at least Win10 SP1 comes out, or only when they start seriously fixing the bugs. the DX12 exclusive games will have to wait before i play them.

if you use win8.1 willingly, there is no reason to listen to anything coming out of your mouth

better idea would be to ignore everything you say from now on

Good to see that the elitist pricks of Blues News are still at it.

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
13. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 18:14 Illumin

Cmdr Shepard's Pie wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 17:46:
With Origin and Steam offering refunds now, and the public outcry over this game's PC problems, I hope it'll send a message to game makers we won't tolerate this. Unfortunately, companies may also look at this and further sink into "putting games out on PC isn't worth the cost/hassle" self-delusion.

Companies have been getting away with being able to push out a shitty game and the customer not being able to do a damn thing about it. I remember as a teen back in the 80s you could buy a game and return it then that ability was nixed. So they have been doing this for around 25 or 30 years that I know of. Anyways I hope your right and companies start making better quality products. All though they will probably go the easy route and just go with the console market.

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
39. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 21, 2015, 23:47 Illumin

I see that you play the role of a housekeeper and you do chores. Not the kind of fantasy I want to escape too. Not sure what goes on after that but that was enough to make me loose all interest.  

News Comments > Anarchy Online Testing New Engine
10. Re: Anarchy Online Testing New Engine Jun 21, 2015, 12:16 Illumin

Still looks like a polished turd. Here is a link to a guy playing on the test server if anyone wants to see what it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUrn2mf0ivM

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale Begins
5. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Begins Jun 3, 2015, 10:40 Illumin

Damn ARCANUM: OF STEAMWORKS AND MAGICK OBSCURA 1.49 you cant beat that. Great game.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Exo Zombies Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Exo Zombies Trailer<br> Here's <a href= Jun 2, 2015, 03:11 Illumin

This franchise I tell ya.  

News Comments > WildStar Goes Free-to-Play
4. Re: WildStar Goes Free-to-Play May 28, 2015, 10:57 Illumin

Wild star is a great game I just hated feeling obligated to play it by paying a monthly fee. Glad to see they went free to play, now I can get back into it.  

News Comments > Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned
10. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 26, 2015, 20:45 Illumin

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2015, 17:52:
If they activated they're legitimate keys, it doesn't matter how they were purchased. That's a problem with the merchant software and for the CC companies. This sounds more like regional pricing protection bullshit than actual stolen keys. Fine, if that's the kind of party they want to have I'm going to stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

Yeah so? All they are doing is warning the customer of buying stolen keys that put the customer at risk of identity theft. Your saying fuck the customer let their credit card # get stolen and keep this cycle going? Canceling the codes is the right thing to do. Then the customers can get into contact with the fraud department of their credit card, dispute the charge and also have a new card issued since their old one is at risk.

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
19. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 05:00 Illumin

I can deal with mediocre graphics as long as the game play is sweet. Looks about on par with Skyrim's graphics.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s The Division Delayed
5. Re: Tom Clancy’s The Division Delayed May 12, 2015, 22:18 Illumin

Bastards! Honestly wasn't expecting it this year anyways. This game does look awesome though.  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Announced
5. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Announced May 12, 2015, 03:08 Illumin

The Half Elf wrote on May 11, 2015, 22:12:
It was really cool until the pistol then rifle then dragon showed up.

I don't mind the minor tech to much depends how they do it. The dragon I was kind of meh on though. I hope they don't go to overboard with fantasy.

I did like the variety of mounts. Something to keep an eye on.

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
18. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 17:13 Illumin

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 11, 2015, 15:14:
jimnms wrote on May 11, 2015, 11:15:
I'm just worried Fallout 4 will be Skyrim with guns.

Agreed.

We'll see how "The Witcher 3" ports to the whole Skyrim OPEN WORLD bullshit that video games are doing these days.

Open world is fine, as long as it's well balanced. I found skyrim to be extremely boring but my brother says it becomes very fun once you mod it to be harder. I just think "Why didn't the developers have this sort of difficulty slider from the start?"

You know there is a difficulty slider in options. Maxed out you can be killed easy (Least on PC). I also play with the gamma very low so you caves and fortresses are pitch black unless you use a light source. This also makes it much harder.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 11, 2015, 13:19 Illumin

I love my internet but I love my body parts even more. It's easy to say you would give up a finger, but put that baby down on a chopping block and a couple of guys holding your hand down and another one holding a meat cleaver. I bet their story would change. If not they have an addiction issue.  

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
13. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 13:15 Illumin

That's the thing about (epic) games like Fallout. They are seriously their own hype machine. Publicity is as cheap as a Linkedin profile, or even better still some elaborate hoax on someone else's dime.  

News Comments > All Future Battlefield 4 Content Free
15. Re: All Future Battlefield 4 Content Free May 10, 2015, 01:31 Illumin

I haven't enjoyed Battlefield since Bad Company 2. Being able to take down whole buildings was awesome. Blowing holes in roofs and coming down into a house full of enemies was the best. In Battlefield 3 and 4 the graphics might be better but Meh I just can't get into it.  

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo