Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rudy P

Real Name Rudy P   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Illumin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:26
Total Comments 188 (Novice)
User ID 21440

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
20. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 21, 2014, 22:08 Illumin

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 21:53:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 21:08:
Yeah I'm with you on that it remains to be seen.
I just choose to withhold throwing insults ala Cutter until we have actual proof of the developer pulling a fast one on their customers, which up to this point Roberts has not done.
I have been following the development with much pleasure. The ride so far has been more fun than lots of games I paid good money for.

Insults? These are educated guesses based on a very pragmatic hindsight of the gaming industry and Chris Roberts. It's not rocket surgery seeing what's going to go down here. People are being intentionally obtuse and blindly optimistic, hoping against hope that this...somehow this game will pan out and be everything good and right in the world. It is just one more object lesson they are going to learn with bitter tears. I'm not he bad guy here, I'm just calling how it's going to go down. And you know it too whether you want to admit it or not.

Educated guess? Monthly charges? Instead of making a educated guess do some research. Lets stick to facts and not bullshit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
36. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 13:02 Illumin

Lol yeah like ill out run some guy in a top of the line ship in my noob ship. No thanks. Being beta they should of just wiped its the norm. They all ready had those customers. So instead they scare off any new wanna be merchants / customers.  

News Comments > Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed
12. Re: Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed Dec 4, 2014, 20:45 Illumin

Turn in you C-64's and get yourself a gaming PC people. Don't have to throw a fit just because they are starting to make games that wont run on your (moms) 2007 E-machine.  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
16. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 25, 2014, 04:11 Illumin

I backed this game even though im only a fan of Richard Garriott's older works. I guess I was hoping for the best. I've logged in and checked on the games progress a few times and yes it has gotten better but meh it still needs a ton of work.  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
12. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 23, 2014, 14:26 Illumin

Say what you want about SC but this is either going to be the greatest space game ever or RSI is going to have an angry mob at their office ready to burn it down. As a dumb ass that has 800$ in virtual space ships, I hope its great.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
16. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 14:19 Illumin

50 bazillion solar systems and you just fly from star to star scooping up fuel then flying to the next "sun or space station". I was going to get this game but then it struck me that it looks pretty damn boring. Why not go back to Eve if I was going to play any games involving space?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 22, 2014, 17:59 Illumin

All they have to do is come up with a titty pink I Phone or something and all the sheep will stand in line to pay off this chump change fine for Apple.

News Comments > On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions
12. Re: On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions Nov 21, 2014, 23:31 Illumin

I agree with you 100%. I watch more Youtube than I do TV. Lets plays, reviews etc..  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
139. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 18:29 Illumin

If you played no refund. So even if someone logged in for 5 min 1 time they are screwed? Shady. More business for Star Citizen, or even better No Mans Sky.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 5, 2014, 23:17 Illumin

Yeah because I wan't a cab driver delivering my $6000 dollar camera, or laptop or anything of value.  

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
47. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 11:41 Illumin

By this logic all games suck where you only have a few things to fight. Battlefield sucks because you can only fight soldiers, tanks, planes and helicopters. Assassians creed sucks because you can only fight guards.

While I love games with awesome loot drops its more like iceing on the cake for a game thats all ready good.

P.S I do agree that the game is to easy even at the start.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 22, 2014, 13:47 Illumin

This just in: No one gives a shit CNN. Unless your some holy roller or a 90 year old senator out of touch with society.  

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Patch Next Month
2. Re: Dwarf Fortress Patch Next Month Jun 20, 2014, 09:21 Illumin

This game rocks even with the craptastic graphics!

News Comments > ArcheAge Founder's Packs
3. Re: ArcheAge Founder's Packs Apr 25, 2014, 10:45 Illumin

Im not big on the art style but this game seems to have a insane amount of content, to much pass up. Black Desert is another one I can't wait for.  

News Comments > More Elder Scroll Online Invites
19. Re: More Elder Scroll Online Invites Mar 12, 2014, 10:34 Illumin

I was on the fence but decided to give it a shot even though I wasn't really impressed with the beta events. Im hoping being able to skip to the main land and PvP will make this game enjoyable for me. I have a gut wrenching feeling though that I've ended up wasting 60 bucks. Maybe I should of bought Infamous second son instead.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 12:35 Illumin

Looks great but to short for 60$. Will pick it up on a summer sale.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
7. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 11:47 Illumin

Well if people want to buy it then let them, but why would anyone want to buy a starter ship? Wouldn't this be your basic ship that you will be using all the time as a default ship when all others are destroyed?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed
47. Re: Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed Sep 17, 2013, 23:38 Illumin

Wait... FPS combat on planet surface? I missed this? This game just keeps gettn better and better.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
57. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 22, 2013, 02:34 Illumin

Subs are fine with me if the games worth it. Ill know after 30 days anyways. At the very least it will weed out a bunch of annoying kids since some parents wont pay a monthly fee I hope....  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jul 1, 2013, 11:00 Illumin

Yes, the original EQ bent you over and made you its bitch and we liked it. A solo warrior fighting a blue mob would be a 10 min battle sometimes and there were good odds you would die, and even better odds a roamer and his friends would find you before the fight was over. Then after the fight you might get a silver or a tuft of wolf hair.  

188 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo