Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 975 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 13:37 CrimsonPaw

JSP wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 13:14:
PS4 doesn't have standby/resume mode yet.
Not to split hairs, but the PS4, in fact, does have a standby; the thing it does not have yet is standby/resume while playing a game (much like the Vita). I only say this because I shut down my PS4 last night via the controller and freaked out when I couldn't kick it back on via Remote Play - come to find out if you shut down Remote Play doesn't work but if you standby it'll come back on (standby is the pre-set shut down after an idle time-out).

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 09:50 CrimsonPaw

It would be even more unnerving if it did that bow when it started up ... like it was looking you over like a piece of meat :S  
~~Crim~~

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 11:49 CrimsonPaw

Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 10:53:
Really wish there was backwards compatibility though. I think I'll get an extra long cable to play some PS3 games with the DS4 whenever I run out of stuff.
I hear ya, I'm hoping that we start seeing more info on Gaikai and that will solve some of the BC complaints.

~~Crim~~

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 10:46 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 10:39:
Na, I'm at work today, and it probably won't get to the house until 6-8 tonight (though it is on the truck for delivery, I checked!!!)...
I had mine delivered to work just so I wouldn't have to worry about someone being home. As of 6:00 this morning it was "out for delivery" - typically we get our FedEx/UPS drops around 11:00, so hopefully I'll have it within the next hour or two (enough time to configure a few site-to-site VPNs and call it a day).

~~Crim~~

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2013, 10:22 CrimsonPaw

John wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 10:17:
At least it appears to only be a software issue. Hopefully they get a fix by tomorrow!
Yup, I didn't see in the article if it was out of the box or after performing the 1.5 upgrade. Hopefully it's after the upgrade and they can replace the firmware before we all start getting our hardware.

~~Crim~~

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2013, 09:51 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 09:24:
<chant> "Please work...please work...please work..."

True dat! I got my shipping notification around 1:00 this morning. I have a feeling it's going to be an early out Friday for me!

Really hope it doesn't turn into a "WishICouldPlayStation4" ...

~~Crim~~

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 13, 2013, 11:56 CrimsonPaw

Just checked on my PS4 on Amazon ... PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!  
~~Crim~~

4. Re: PS4: Buy two, get one free! Nov 12, 2013, 10:02 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 09:20:
Todays the day! Note the time and be ready!

I was lucky enough to have a cool CS rep from Amazon help me out yesterday. Since my BF4 shipped already, they had me order two more games then credited me for one of them - essentially giving me the B2G1 without having to worry about stock issues. Come Friday I'll be playing BF4, Killzone, or AC4 ... or all of them

~~Crim~~

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2013, 11:12 CrimsonPaw

Creston wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 10:42:
Yeah, that's an absolutely insane deal.
It's their way of matching the Target B2G1 deal; again, my concern is that since it's such a small window I expect supply shortages.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2013, 09:58 CrimsonPaw

I pre-ordered BF4 yesterday hoping to get a coupon just to avoid the shitstorm that will occur at 9:00 pst tomorrow. As of yet I haven't gotten the coveted b1g1, but I'm hoping for something today.  
~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2013, 10:31 CrimsonPaw

Verno wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 10:11:
It's crazy how Sony functioned 10 years ago, it almost seems unreal they've been successful at all with of their horrible PR and bizarre design choices in both hardware and software for the consoles. Mark Cerny is doing amazing things there.
I suspect that's an indication of Sony moving to a Western PR approach. With the "trifecta" of Mark Cerny, Shahid Ahmad, and Shuhei Yoshida at the helm, things have definitely taken a different turn this time around.

~~Crim~~

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 11:51 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 10:33:
Also, did you catch the video for Resogun? Looks delicious!
Those particle effects look sweet as hell, my only hope is that the slowdown during some of those phases are intentional and not due to poor optimization.

~~Crim~~

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 10:30 CrimsonPaw

If I had to guess, I'd say the supplier would ship it out if a location is not close by. This doesn't seem to be your PS3's Sony, this time around they actually give a shit about the customer.

Also, LESS THAN 10 F***ING DAYS!!!!!! Wearing my D-Bag hat, I already sold my second pre-order for a bit of profit. I'll be taking that Saturday off (even though I work a M-F job)!

~~Crim~~

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 11:41 CrimsonPaw

Damn, I had it in my mind that PlanetSide would be available at the PS4 launch - had it in my head that would get me through until WatchDogs released. Ugh, seems my PS4 may not be used as much as I originally thought off the bat.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 27, 2013, 14:36 CrimsonPaw

No, the PS4 will not run games at 4K, only the capability to output video, ie movies, at that resolution. That was announced at the E3 press conf.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
5. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 10:04 CrimsonPaw

I'm still waiting for it to make me its bitch ...  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 17, 2013, 23:06 CrimsonPaw

... and tomorrow shall be named WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!  
~~Crim~~

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 11, 2013, 11:18 CrimsonPaw

I'm somewhat looking forward to Planetside 2 for the PS4. I played it a little on my PC but that game made it feel its age and ran at a rather uncomfortable frame rate. In terms of F2P games, it seemed more enjoyable than other F2P games like Dust 514.

I'm gonna pull a nin and start my hype countdown - Almost 2 months to GO!!! Thankfully I have a Disney World trip in a 4 weeks to give me another short term item to look forward to between GTA V and the PS4 release.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Announced
9. Re: Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Announced Sep 10, 2013, 16:38 CrimsonPaw

I'm still treking through this, but I have to say that, IMO, it pails in comparison of other AC games. To me it still feels like a portable game - limited freedom, missions seem very linear, the whole multiple outfits got a bit annoying. Again, this is just my $.02 ... doesn't matter, I'll be playing Watch Dogs via remote play to take care of all my portable open world debauchery needs.  
~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 6, 2013, 10:44 CrimsonPaw

I can't throw stones at the XBone commercial without doing the same to the first PS4 commercial; it too had no games, just live action iconic characters fighting.  
~~Crim~~

975 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo