Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 978 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Only 40%? May 12, 2008, 15:52 CrimsonPaw

does Wall Mart collect and deliver out of the goodness of their hearts?
Actually they do, Wal-Mart has a very tight relationship with most of their suppliers and use information like this in their feedback system. The more information a supplier has, the better they can market their products and, thus, increase revenue for the retailer.

Believe it or not, there are a few people who are not into GTA and I honestly think most who are have already entered into the "PS360" arena. As for what has motivated the other 60%? Probably the same thing that motivated people prior to GTA coming out (a great library, an addition to a new HD TV, a certain sports title they've been waiting for); then again the console sales in the US could be a direct result of the recent "economic stimulus check" which many people are out blowing (myself excluded).

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Guitar Hero Aerosmith May 12, 2008, 09:43 CrimsonPaw

OK, not to sound like an ass, but who the fuck cares about screenshots from a Guitar Hero game? For me, the cool thing about screenshots is that it may tell something about the game or gameplay elements ... we already know what GH is and what its gameplay is. OOOOHHHH, there's a different background; ooooohhhhhh, it's Steven Tyler singing; ooooohhhhhh, there's a shot of the drums.  
~~Crim~~

1. WOW ... May 7, 2008, 10:18 CrimsonPaw

6 million copies of GTA:IV in the first week is amazing. I knew it would sell good, but that's fucking impressive. Here's to hoping they bring out another Vice City and San Andreas (but this time without the thug).

Now that GTA is out, my next big want is Fallout 3!!!!

This comment was edited on May 7, 10:19.

~~Crim~~

1. Singstar May 5, 2008, 18:01 CrimsonPaw

Has anyone had any experience with the Singstar game? It looks OK, but I would be more apt to put that $60 towards Rock Band (yeah, I'm one of about 30 people who still have yet to get it).  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. No subject Apr 29, 2008, 10:04 CrimsonPaw

Well, here's hoping I'll be able to go into Best Buy at lunch and grab a copy. I doubt I'll have trouble, but this is the one game that wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

I told the wife last night "save all your phone calls and TIVO watching until after the kids go to bed, because you're going to be single tonight. When the kids go to bed, I'm heading upstairs and won't be down until Friday."

As for cheats, I had to use them at the end of GTA:SA when the riot started; those cops were kicking my ASS so I used the cheat that kept the star level from increasing.

~~Crim~~

7. Re: GTA IV Apr 28, 2008, 11:32 CrimsonPaw

I'll buy PC version if they bother to make it... if not... well, none for me.
It's good to see that you're standing behind your decision to be ignorant. Why would you want to play a kick ass game when it's not on the PC? You go brother, keep working on making those hard choices.

For me, it's more of a decision on what version to by, PS3 or 360. I'm leaning towards the 360 because I know I don't have to fight the wife for the TV (even though it's only an SD TV I have the console hooked up to).

~~Crim~~

News Comments > No Fallout 3 Demo
56. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2008, 01:46 CrimsonPaw

As for Morrowind and Oblivion I got bored of both of them after about 10 hours and never finished either.
And that's why people are entitled to their opinions. I, on the other hand, can't get enough of Oblivion and love the game. It just goes to show that not every gamer is into the same things ... hell, I'm sure there's a few people out there that couldn't get into Rock Band.

For me, this is a day 1 purchase so I don't need no stinking demo.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Announced
5. YAY!!! Apr 18, 2008, 00:08 CrimsonPaw

Another piece of shit Spiderman game from Treyarch!!!!! YES, hopefully they make this one as bland and lifeless as the previous games.

Seriously, when the FUCK is this series going to get moved to a real developer?

~~Crim~~

4. Re: Haze exclusive demo Apr 17, 2008, 12:12 CrimsonPaw

Haze for the 360 has dropped off the map and is rumored to be a PS3 exclusive: http://www.ripten.com/2008/03/15/haze-never-coming-out-on-xbox-360/

So, yes, Haze would be comparable to Halo in that regard. Or an Uncharted demo for 360 if you a direct "apples to apples" comparison. Regardless, this title won't sell systems, we all know that. Sony has a few exclusives that might (MGS4 is a definate, then possibly Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and Little Big Planet), but that's no different than the Halos or Gears of Wars of the world selling XBoxes.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 12:15.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: Haze exclusive demo Apr 17, 2008, 10:52 CrimsonPaw

Earth to Sony, you should release a multi-platform demo because that is the only shot you have at getting 360 gamers interested in buying a PS3 for this game.
Tumbler, that could, quite possibly, be one of the dumbest things I've read in a LONG time. Why the fuck would a developer release a demo for an exclusive title on a competing system? That's like saying that Microsoft should have relased a Halo 3 demo for the PS3 so that people would buy an XBox.

~~Crim~~

5. Re: No subject Apr 16, 2008, 16:32 CrimsonPaw

Congratulations, you get to play the inferior version. I think I'll wait for the PC version with better graphics and mouse support.
Ouch, that was painful, and pitiful. Who gives a fuck what platform it's on, the fact that it's almost here is freaking awesome. I'll be enjoying it in all of its HD splendor while you PC elitists wait.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2008, 23:24 CrimsonPaw

Holy Fucking Shit .... I had to stop reading at the beginning when he's quoted saying that GTA IV has "very positive early positive buzz". Apparently this guy has a hard time expressing himself with shit like that. The he goes on to say that investors should look at the ATTACH RATE to judge the success.

Why would GTA IV be any different that every other game released? Is that how we judge the success of a game? No, sorry, that game isn't successful because it only has a .2 attach rate which will constantly lower as more consoles are sold.

And people wonder why gamers aren't taken seriously; this is similar to the local media interviewing the local homeless guy for his opinion of the high gas prices.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: Can't trust it Apr 14, 2008, 11:05 CrimsonPaw

I don't know about that, to me a perfect score sets the bar that everything is going to be compared against. For example, Mario 64, Zelda:Ocarina of Time, and a few others rightfully deserve a perfect score. These are games that will continue to be on the top 50 or top 100 lists for many years to come. I don't see an issue with a perfect score especially if the game pushes the genre in a new direction or brings something that is fresh AND enhances the gameplay.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Bionic Commando Rearmed Nears
3. Re: No subject Apr 9, 2008, 11:56 CrimsonPaw

The game is horrible.
... huh? Have you played it by chance? Because from all of the movies I've seen it looks like the fucking SHIT! And from those who have played it, they say it's the fucking SHIT! I wonder if this will be out next week when the PSN comes back online.

~~Crim~~

8. Re: GTA sdcreens - Apr 8, 2008, 13:08 CrimsonPaw

It's funny to look at pre-Xbox Bats and post-Xbox Bats, it's like two totally different animals ... puttin' currently playing games in his sig and it looks like, yup, only one of them is on the PC.  
~~Crim~~

6. Re: For Unleashed Apr 8, 2008, 00:01 CrimsonPaw

Yeah, if I recall correctly, the Force Unleashed is going to be released like it was a movie product with tie-ins out the ass. They're really pushing this game so I'm hoping it doesn't suck.  
~~Crim~~

4. Re: GTA sdcreens - Apr 7, 2008, 23:57 CrimsonPaw

T minus 22 days and counting.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Thief 4 Hint?
19. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 16:26 CrimsonPaw

Sounds good, I picked up Thief 3 for the XBox and STILL haven't gotten around to playing it ... one of these years it'll see the light of day; after Rainbow 6: Vegas 2, then GTA 4, then MGS 4, then .... who am I kidding, it'll most likely never make it in.  
~~Crim~~

8. Saints Row 2 & PS3 Load Times Apr 4, 2008, 09:11 CrimsonPaw

Wow, that trailer is cool and lame at the same time. It's sweet to see that you can push people off of shit but it sucks that it's so damn short. I wonder if Gary Busey is going to be the Saints Row spokesperson.

EDIT: On another note, I think people are eventually going to get pissed off when they start seeing their 40 or 60GB PS3s having less and less space on them because of the manditory install of some of these games. After a while, people are going to have installs on their machines that they never use but are still taking up space. I think a fair number of people will know to go in and clean them up but there's going to be some who are going to go Ape Shit because they don't know why they have no space left.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 09:16.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: drums Mar 31, 2008, 09:26 CrimsonPaw

Yeah, I just bought an electric drum kit to start practicing on (I've always wanted to learn, I figured I'd save the wife some sanity and go electric) and I absolutely love it. My pops-in-law is a big music buff (guitar, bass, and vocals) and CANNOT play a simple beat to save his life.

I have to avoid Rock Band for the next few months because I know the minute I sit down on those drums I'll be out $170 ...

~~Crim~~

978 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo