Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 952 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2008, 10:25 CrimsonPaw

Plus I REALLY want to play Little Big Planet
QFT, plus MGS4, and Resistance 2, and Killzone 2, and The Agency, and possibly FF XIII, and ....

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. No subject Mar 14, 2008, 09:41 CrimsonPaw

Not to rain on Sony's parade, but Nintendo is still #1. I know they're adding all of their hardware lines and only looking at the revenue stream, but most consumers look at units sold.

To that, Ninteno sold 1,019,600 units (587,600 DS and 432,000 Wii) where Sony sold 874,900 units (351,800 PS2s, 280,000 PS3s, and 243,100 PSPs). Considering Sony's previous positions this is still good news for the camp, but it's amazing how companies will spin certain aspects just to make news.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2008, 11:02 CrimsonPaw

I've used it. Essentially you download and install the app from the Sony store then connect your PSP to your PC via the USB cable and go into USB mode on the PSP. Once you've logged into the store and opted to download the game it will kick in that application which looks for the PSP then copies it over.

I've pulled down a few demos and games via this method and haven't had any issues with it.

From my understanding, you can download any app up to 5 times just in case something happens to your previous download so it's not a "1 time download and your screwed" type service.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > EA Attempts Hostile Take-Two Takeover
21. Re: Huh... Mar 13, 2008, 10:58 CrimsonPaw

.....apparently she likes "seasons" here in the Midwest. ugh.
Yeah, we get the worst of both worlds in the Midwest ... the freezing ass temps in the winter (with ice and a shit-ton of snow) to the balmy 90+ temps with 85% humidity in the summer. If ONLY I could convince the wife to move.

~~Crim~~

1. No subject Mar 7, 2008, 10:14 CrimsonPaw

April 29th CANNOT come quick enough!!!!  
~~Crim~~

2. LBP Mar 6, 2008, 10:14 CrimsonPaw

I can't help it, Little Big Planet is so damn cute I just want to squeeze the shit out of those little puppets.  
~~Crim~~

25. Re: No subject Mar 4, 2008, 23:24 CrimsonPaw

The 360 just wins.
I've still yet to understand this ... wins what? What is it that drives these arguments about the 360 or PS3 or PC being the better gaming system? Is there a real "winner"? Are those arguments meant to make one feel more villified about their gaming system purchase? It's funny that people argue for the system they own like they're going to convince the debating party to "come to the dark side".

Is there a clear-cut winner? The 360 has a vast library of games and a 1 year head start over the PS3. The PS3 has a built in Blu-Ray player, built in Wi-Fi and a free online service. The PC has upgradability, modability (from games) and many free services. All three systems of play have the good and bad points, but I would hardly say that one, even bringing the Wii into the equasion, is a "winner".

I own all three systems and a PC and I PLAY all of them, mostly in spurts. Sometimes I focus on the 360, other times on the PS3, and other times the Wii. Regardless of what I'm playing there's something there for me, something that I like. I'm done participating on these defensive arguments ... any idiot can argue, but the wise know WHEN to argue.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Voice Commands in EndWar
2. Re: No subject Mar 4, 2008, 23:12 CrimsonPaw

Even for the 360 version this isn't news. Brad Shumaker talked about a few weeks ago on the Hotspot and said it worked pretty damn well.  
~~Crim~~

7. Re: brings the slops home with We Ski Mar 4, 2008, 13:11 CrimsonPaw

"wow you totally missed the joke. good job."

Wow, indeed! Does bluesnews have a :holyshitduh!: emoticon?
They need one as much as they need a :-thatwasastupidfuckingjoke-: emoticon.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Kojima: MGS4 too big for 50 GB Blu-ray Mar 4, 2008, 10:35 CrimsonPaw

No, not bloatware, it's just that for some reason Kojima doesn't want to use compressed audio for this game which I don't get. If he was taxing the system I could understand, but I'm sure that the PS3 is powerful enough to run the decompression with almost NO affect to the audio.

Either way, this is yet another game I excited about this year.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: brings the slops home with We Ski Mar 4, 2008, 10:10 CrimsonPaw

I like to hit the slops at least once a year one my snoebored.
How ironic that one points out a spelling mistake by making a spelling mistake of their own ... it's SNOWBOARD. It's one thing to miss an "e", but to totally butcher the word snowboard is quite funny.

~~Crim~~

4. Re: GTA IV Feb 22, 2008, 13:40 CrimsonPaw

Jedi Force Unleashed - which at this point I want even more than GTA4
I'm still on the fence on that game, I just hope it doesn't turn into a big tech demo where all you do is use your force powers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Give me a sandbox Star Wars game done right and I'll be in bliss.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Portal 2 Revealed
23. No subject Feb 22, 2008, 12:09 CrimsonPaw

You guys bring up some good points. I remember Utopia on the Intellivision and that was almost a RTS. I also remember some dungeon crawler, also on the Intellivision, that was essentially a FP type game; granted it wasn't a shooter, but it was in fact first person (thus making it in the early 80s).

Also, Portal may have been conceptually started on the PC, it was RELEASED simultaniously on the PC and 360, so I don't think I would really consider it a port.

EDIT: Found the First-Person game: http://www.intellivisiongames.com/gamepage.php?gameId=3
And Utopia: http://www.intellivisiongames.com/gamepage.php?gameId=117

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 12:20.

~~Crim~~

1. GTA IV Feb 22, 2008, 10:13 CrimsonPaw

Every time I see new screenshots I feel like the dude at the end of Raiders of the Lost Arc ... "IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!" then my face melts.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Portal 2 Revealed
7. Re: Shocker Feb 22, 2008, 10:10 CrimsonPaw

I hope Kim doesn't get reprimanded for announcing this early but I mean, like there was any doubt this was getting a sequel.
I would agree, but then again she is part of the mind behind one of the most innovative gameplay mechanics of this decade so the most she may get is a disapproving look. The last thing Dough Lombardi wants is to see her take her ball and go home.

And Overon, fuck you and your elitest attitude.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2008, 10:05 CrimsonPaw

I don't blame him, with all the red tape that the larger companies have to drudge through it may be good to see some independent stuff come to light that may take a genre in a new direction. The ability for some of these designers to express their creative freedom without the bureaucracy of a big company exec overlooking the project could be a very good thing.

Now, as long as their priced right (need to look into that) I'll be checking them out.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: PS3 vs. 360 Feb 15, 2008, 12:17 CrimsonPaw

It's possible that Sony will double their install base in the year. In a worldwide standpoint they're more accepted than the 360 (the opposite of NA) and in the month of January the PS3 overtook the 360 and almost the Wii. With the fall of HD, I wouldn't be surprised if more people are looking to the PS3 as a Blu-Ray player with gaming potenial versus the other way around.  
~~Crim~~

4. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2008, 14:00 CrimsonPaw

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but no cooperative multiplayer:
They did tell me that there won't be cooperative multiplayer because it wouldn't fit in with the game's story.

"There's really only one main character, so it wouldn't fit," Barrera said

Take from http://kotaku.com/354714/gta-iv-reinventing-a-world

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 14:03.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2008, 13:05 CrimsonPaw

Every bit of GTA4 info I get....I get a little more titillated. I hope all the hype doesn't ruin it........
QFT, I'm totally psyched for this game to hit and am glad to see they're starting to lift the veil around it. I'm going to go back to San Andreas (I know nin, you prefer Vice City) to get back in the mood ... it's not going to be good for my backlog but it's GTA!!!

~~Crim~~

2. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2008, 13:14 CrimsonPaw

I Sprunk all over the poster of my favorite celebrity ... GTA IV is SOOOOO going to kick ass.  
~~Crim~~

952 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo