Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 970 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > How Much Do You Spend on Games?
4. No subject Jun 24, 2008, 11:31 CrimsonPaw

I would say I pick up about 10 - 15 titles a year, but I tend to buy older games that I'm willing to wait on. These I'll pick up at a Gamestop B2G1 sale or wait to trade shit in for credit.

I couldn't tell you how much I spend, but it's nothing compared to some other hobbies I've seen (like my father-in-law and buying a new golf club every month for $200+)

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > id: User Content "Not a Huge Consideration"
5. Re: id's offerings Jun 24, 2008, 11:28 CrimsonPaw

Personally, i've not been interested in id's offerings since Quake 3, and i preferred Quake 2 over Quake 3.
You almost took the words right out of my mouth, the difference is that I wasn't interested in Quake 3.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Yuke's Double D Dodgeball Jun 20, 2008, 09:45 CrimsonPaw

You know where my mind is at when I see Double D and instantly think of jigglies.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. No subject Jun 17, 2008, 09:48 CrimsonPaw

It's no surprise to me that MS wants the XBox 720, Double Circle, Figure 8, whatever it'll be called, to be first again. They found HELLA success in the "next gen" war by releasing early; in fact, some would say that the first year of the 360 was more stale than the first year of the PS3, but since it was "next gen" most of that was overlooked (much like the launch of the PS2).

Either way, I'm done trying to convince myself that I'll overlook a company's console because I know good games will come out for it ... now if I could just invent something to give me more gaming time.

~~Crim~~

11. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2008, 13:49 CrimsonPaw

But it has been since refuted by several other media sources that this is a gross over-exaggeration.
I want this game, but my gaming sessions are about 30 - 45 minutes (wife, kids, and school play a big role in that) about 2 - 3 times a week; I really don't want to play 10 minutes of a game then have to sit through 30 minutes of cut scenes. I know Kojima wanted to be a movie producer and makes some really good stories (MGS3 was awesome) but subjecting us to that long of non-interractivity just sucks.

I guess when you're trying to tie up Snake's storyline you've got a lot of explaining to do.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil 2 More Casual
5. No subject May 30, 2008, 10:52 CrimsonPaw

We think the game was probably a little too difficult for the general gamers at that time.
It had nothing to due with the difficulty you dumb shit, it's that your marketing for the game was horrible. Not to mention the game was released at the pinnicle of the PS2 gaming when there were tons of great titles coming out. Along with that many people didn't quite understand the concept of the game until they played it (again because of marketing) and those who did typically enjoyed the hell out of it.

Don't go casual and continue with the same gameplay from the first.

~~Crim~~

10. Re: Voice of GTAIV May 22, 2008, 11:14 CrimsonPaw

My thoughts are that if the voice acting was what made the game, then he might have a case. The game would have kicked ass even with bad voice actors (mute and put on subtitles) so $100,000 aint that bad. I know quite a few people that would need to work 2 - 3 years to make that coin at 40+ hours a week so I really can't feel sorry for the guy for just talking.  
~~Crim~~

2. Re: Killzone 2 May 21, 2008, 10:20 CrimsonPaw

Wow Sony. Just wow. Very interested to see how Killzone 2 turns out because bumping it to February 2009 doesn't sound good.
I'm interested to see how it turns out; I'm not expecting it to live up to the hype and I hope that I'm wrong with that. Either way, this fall will make me happy to own a PS3.

~~Crim~~

4. Re: No subject May 20, 2008, 10:42 CrimsonPaw

4.5 for haze. what do you say to that?
I can't argue the score if the game is as uninspired as the demo was. I played the demo and had to force myself not to turn it off; it's not that it was bad, it just had that "been there, done that" feel to it that never stopped.

~~Crim~~

20. Re: No subject May 14, 2008, 16:04 CrimsonPaw

I don't care what the cycles are, as long as there is backwards compat....which is iffy on everything except the 60gb version which IS NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION.
Thanks Bats for reaffirming that I made a great decision when I picked up my 60GB model right after the $100 price cut ... now if I could just find time to play MGS3 and GoW2 again.
It would probably be cheaper to get a 40 gig PS3 + a PS2 than buy an 80gig.
Yes it would be, but you wouldn't get the benefit of upscaling plus you would have to keep two consoles hooked up which can be a pain in the ass for some.

This comment was edited on May 14, 16:06.

~~Crim~~

3. Re: No subject May 14, 2008, 12:38 CrimsonPaw

MS will release a brand new console for holiday season 2010
I would expect this or in 2011; I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a longer lifespan this console generation but I also expect that we won't see a new PlayStation until 2013 or 2014.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Still No Fallout 3 Demo
17. Re: Gameplay video May 14, 2008, 12:33 CrimsonPaw

How about just a long gameplay video. Similar to that MGS4 10 minute intro thing. Let people watch the first 10 min of the game.
I'm avoiding that 10 minute video like the plague, I want to know very little about the game before jumping into it.

As for Fallout 3, I need no demo; as long as they can meet what they did with Oblivion (which I have no question they can) it'll be a day 1 purchase for me.

I find it somewhat humorous that no one in the blog is playing Fallout or Fallout 2. I really have to wonder how many people at Bethesda have actually played either game.
I thought I read somewhere that the devs were big followers of the series and/or required to to play through the games before they started. Either way, don't expect this to be a half-assed effort.

This comment was edited on May 14, 12:35.

~~Crim~~

5. Re: Only 40%? May 12, 2008, 15:52 CrimsonPaw

does Wall Mart collect and deliver out of the goodness of their hearts?
Actually they do, Wal-Mart has a very tight relationship with most of their suppliers and use information like this in their feedback system. The more information a supplier has, the better they can market their products and, thus, increase revenue for the retailer.

Believe it or not, there are a few people who are not into GTA and I honestly think most who are have already entered into the "PS360" arena. As for what has motivated the other 60%? Probably the same thing that motivated people prior to GTA coming out (a great library, an addition to a new HD TV, a certain sports title they've been waiting for); then again the console sales in the US could be a direct result of the recent "economic stimulus check" which many people are out blowing (myself excluded).

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Guitar Hero Aerosmith May 12, 2008, 09:43 CrimsonPaw

OK, not to sound like an ass, but who the fuck cares about screenshots from a Guitar Hero game? For me, the cool thing about screenshots is that it may tell something about the game or gameplay elements ... we already know what GH is and what its gameplay is. OOOOHHHH, there's a different background; ooooohhhhhh, it's Steven Tyler singing; ooooohhhhhh, there's a shot of the drums.  
~~Crim~~

1. WOW ... May 7, 2008, 10:18 CrimsonPaw

6 million copies of GTA:IV in the first week is amazing. I knew it would sell good, but that's fucking impressive. Here's to hoping they bring out another Vice City and San Andreas (but this time without the thug).

Now that GTA is out, my next big want is Fallout 3!!!!

This comment was edited on May 7, 10:19.

~~Crim~~

1. Singstar May 5, 2008, 18:01 CrimsonPaw

Has anyone had any experience with the Singstar game? It looks OK, but I would be more apt to put that $60 towards Rock Band (yeah, I'm one of about 30 people who still have yet to get it).  
~~Crim~~

14. No subject Apr 29, 2008, 10:04 CrimsonPaw

Well, here's hoping I'll be able to go into Best Buy at lunch and grab a copy. I doubt I'll have trouble, but this is the one game that wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

I told the wife last night "save all your phone calls and TIVO watching until after the kids go to bed, because you're going to be single tonight. When the kids go to bed, I'm heading upstairs and won't be down until Friday."

As for cheats, I had to use them at the end of GTA:SA when the riot started; those cops were kicking my ASS so I used the cheat that kept the star level from increasing.

~~Crim~~

7. Re: GTA IV Apr 28, 2008, 11:32 CrimsonPaw

I'll buy PC version if they bother to make it... if not... well, none for me.
It's good to see that you're standing behind your decision to be ignorant. Why would you want to play a kick ass game when it's not on the PC? You go brother, keep working on making those hard choices.

For me, it's more of a decision on what version to by, PS3 or 360. I'm leaning towards the 360 because I know I don't have to fight the wife for the TV (even though it's only an SD TV I have the console hooked up to).

~~Crim~~

News Comments > No Fallout 3 Demo
56. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2008, 01:46 CrimsonPaw

As for Morrowind and Oblivion I got bored of both of them after about 10 hours and never finished either.
And that's why people are entitled to their opinions. I, on the other hand, can't get enough of Oblivion and love the game. It just goes to show that not every gamer is into the same things ... hell, I'm sure there's a few people out there that couldn't get into Rock Band.

For me, this is a day 1 purchase so I don't need no stinking demo.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Announced
5. YAY!!! Apr 18, 2008, 00:08 CrimsonPaw

Another piece of shit Spiderman game from Treyarch!!!!! YES, hopefully they make this one as bland and lifeless as the previous games.

Seriously, when the FUCK is this series going to get moved to a real developer?

~~Crim~~

970 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo