Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 975 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > No Steam Bionic Commando Rearmed
5. Re: i need help! Aug 15, 2008, 12:21 CrimsonPaw

I'm playing it on the PS3, and i don't fully understand the logic behind those sequences, where you have to hack the computer, and attempt to shoot this white cue ball into the green box... can someone enlighten me?

also, why is the overhead area map not numbered in sequence? the place where you get dropped off by chopper...
I'm not sure why you need to do that mini-game to hack the computer, I think they wanted to do something like Bioshock did with their hacking.

As for the numbers on the map, couldn't tell you but I think the layout is the same as it was in the original NES so you would need to find out from that team.

I do love how the 1up icon is the same from the original game, it's an awesome homage.

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Madden 09 Aug 15, 2008, 11:07 CrimsonPaw

Wow, sales are flat? Really? Maybe because eventually even the biggest 'tard figures out that he's just buying the same game over and over and over and over and over again? And it never gets any better?
But this has REAL GRASS this time, and individual people in the stands ... and ... and ... yeah.

If I wanted a Madden game, I would save my $$ and pick up 08 or 07, same with every other EA sports game.

Edit: On a side note, Bionic Commando is THE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 11:08.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Arkham Asylum Announced
4. No subject Aug 13, 2008, 11:03 CrimsonPaw

I thought I saw somewhere that this was going to be an open-world game. Part of me thinks that sounds good until I remember Spiderman 2, Ultimate Spiderman, and Spiderman 3 ... open world will only work if there's decent combat (though Batman does have his gadgets).  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Far Cry 2 System Requirements
15. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2008, 17:36 CrimsonPaw

When it's all said and done, its about the same price as an Elite 360 and you won't have to upgrade it for 2 years
And this is where the cheapass in me sees the flaw. I can build a machine that will not need to be upgraded for 2 years or lower my standards and accept the consoles (my PS2 lasted me 6 years). Also, the price doesn't include the OS (assuming I'm running some flavor of Windows) which seems to get upgraded every 3 - 4 years.

I'm not bashing PC gaming because I previously had a big passion for it; it's just that now with kids and a bigger house payment I can't afford to keep up with requirements (that and nothing has come close to tempting me to upgrade).

~~Crim~~

13. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2008, 15:50 CrimsonPaw

It's not like these requirements are high at all. The requirements call for a CPU and GPU that were released 4 years ago! That means that you need an computer older than the 360 to play the game. As for having reasons to upgrade, maybe nothing appeals to you, but that's through no fault of the library.
Yup, my PC was showing it's age in Battlefield 2 which is older than the 360, and since this game is coming out for consoles as well it's cheaper for me to buy the console version than upgrade my PC every 2 - 3 years. I'm sure there will eventually be a game that'll make me want to upgrade, just not at this time.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Afternoon Consolidation
5. No subject Aug 8, 2008, 15:43 CrimsonPaw

Nintendo: We sell the most third party games
They failed to mention that this is compared to the Gizmondo and the Vectrex.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Bionic Commando Rearmed Next Week
6. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2008, 11:03 CrimsonPaw

Get an emulator. Get the rom. Play for free. Man I do not like this trend of releasing old crap and charging for it.
Sure, if you want to play the original, but this will be an enhanced version build off the original. That's like saying "why buy the NES game when you can play it for a quarter in the arcade?"

~~Crim~~

8. No subject Aug 8, 2008, 10:53 CrimsonPaw

This is proof that if I want to get back into PC gaming I need to buy a new rig, mine's climbing up on 3 years old and was just OK or decent even then. Until something compelling comes out I'll have to stick to consoles.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: PlayStation 2.42 Aug 6, 2008, 10:40 CrimsonPaw

Yeah, I had no problem. My biggest bitch about the whole thing is how it won't even let you log in until you've done the update. The thing was taking forEVER on the PS3 so I just downloaded from Sony's site to a USB stick and did the install that way which was MUCH faster  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Mobilization
1. Can the iPhone Rule Gaming? Aug 5, 2008, 16:32 CrimsonPaw

This has been my theory since the App store opened. I think we'll see a decent external input device for the iPhone / iPod Touch and that'll seal the deal. I was about to back up the article when I saw this last line:
But if all goes well, elsewhere may be just a click away at the App Store, the virtual storefront that makes finding and trying new games easier than ever. Not even the DS or PSP, both of which use physical cartridges for their games, can top that.
The PSP has downloadable games you dumbass, you just lost all credibility in my book!!

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Interview - Demo "Possible"
3. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 16:23 CrimsonPaw

I'm sure they could get A LOT out of, and into, Tera Patrick ....

Looking forward to this one, I still haven't filled my GTA-esque quota for the year.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Call of Duty 6 in 2009
24. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2008, 12:19 CrimsonPaw

You didn't even read the first sentence of the news post, did you? No, you didn't. Dumbass.
Wow, way to be a dick. And if you would follow this shit, you would know that they've decided that Infinity Ward is going to be the ones with numbered games and Treyarch is going to have the named "knock offs". So COD6 I doubt it will be, most likely COD5 since "World at War" isn't being seen as a true sequel.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: EA and PS3 Jul 31, 2008, 10:51 CrimsonPaw

It was Tumbler, but truth be told I'll believe it when I see the Q2 and Q3 results. If both of those result in the same numbers THEN I'll believe that the PS3 is EA's bread winner.

I will say, though, that Q4 showed the same trend, that's why I'll give it two more quarters to see.

I'm not gonna lie though, I enjoy my PS3 and it's gotten more love lately than my 360.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Mobilization
4. No subject Jul 30, 2008, 13:53 CrimsonPaw

I find it funny that there's all the talk about the iPhone and making these apps from it; but then people fail to realize that 99% of the shit the iPhone can do, the iPod Touch can do as well.

I'll be grabbing me an iPod Touch once I find out if a new revision is coming in September.

~~Crim~~

2. New Snake Jul 30, 2008, 10:51 CrimsonPaw

You know, I enjoyed MGS4, but if there was a MGS5 that was so fucking cut-scene happy I think I would pass initially. Give me a game like Splinter Cell with a 3 - 5 minute cut scene instead of forcing me through 45 minutes of cut scenes.

Speaking of, what's ever come of SC:Conviction. I somewhat enjoyed Double Agent (except for the BS HQ missions) and could go for some Splinter Cell.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Ghostbusters Slimed?
15. No subject Jul 29, 2008, 15:23 CrimsonPaw

I know the thread is about Ghostbusters, but there's no mention that the remake of Riddick is on the chopping block as well which upsets me more than Ghostbusters.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2008, 11:13 CrimsonPaw

The article was tongue-in-cheek
I think the article was very fitting for some of the 360 vs. PS3 discussions that happen on the Consolidation section. In fact, I'm sure some of us have seen a similar argument on other boards but with the poster being serious about it.

After all, how does one "win" a console war?

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Quantum of Solace Game to Not Suck
1. No subject Jul 23, 2008, 11:07 CrimsonPaw

Quantum of Solace Game to Not Suck
Hundreds of game developers are hitting their heads saying "THAT'S what we've done wrong, we didn't try to not suck ...."

Good job Garrett, way to try to make a product you think people would like. That's a very novel way of thinking; dumbass.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: Jul 21, 2008, 12:58 CrimsonPaw

I just about finished MG4 this weekend; I still have part of the final cut scene to go through (for those unaware, I swear the final cut scene is about an hour+ long). After that's done I may trade it; there are better MP games out there and I really don't see me getting into MGO any time soon.
Moore- ‘Wii will own half of all next gen-sales’
Hardware - Possibly
Software - Not a fucking chance in hell.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Consolidation
11. Re: No subject Jul 13, 2008, 23:52 CrimsonPaw

Ummmmm, isn't that the exact reason we all play games? I play Rainbow Six because it's cool to feel like being in a squad and killing terrorists, but I'll never feel like it's a training simulator. I play GTA because I feel a freedom in the game to do what I want, but it's not making me think I can go take someones car, fire a rifle, or slip into the criminal underworld.

It sounds like you're a guy who has busted his ass learning to play guitar and now Rock Band is giving people that sense of enjoyment almost instantaniously whereas it took you years to learn. I'm speculating here, but the point is that there's no way Guitar Hero or Rock Band is going to teach someone to play guitar; what it WILL do is help coordination and finger response (though that could be debated since chords are held differently). On the drum side though, I can see where Rock Band would help to develop independance of the drums (again, that isn't true independance since there's no high hat and no symbols).

On to this ION kit, what if we already have an electric drum kit?? Can we interface that with RB2?? I have a Yamaha DTXplorer I picked up earlier this year to start learning how to play (quietly in the house) and I'd love to be able to use it with the game.

~~Crim~~

975 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo