Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 951 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > E3 for All? Anyone? Bueller?
7. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2008, 16:52 CrimsonPaw

E3 blew it. PAX is where it's at now.
For the US, I would agree; but it seemed that LGC had a bigger impact and announcements than E3.

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Afternoon Consolidation
4. Re: US: Xbox 360 price cut predicted. Sep 3, 2008, 14:01 CrimsonPaw

Did they actually edge out 2k? I have found the Basketball and Hockey games from 2k to be wayyyyy better.
This actually happened last year; for some reason 2K either lowered their quality or EA raised theirs.

I'm interested to see how NHL '09 turns out though. I've heard really good things about it.

~~Crim~~

8. Re: I need a PS3'ers opinion.. Sep 3, 2008, 10:34 CrimsonPaw

I, for one, AM ga-ga over it. I see this as a game that can be played with my son yet looks to be very deep. Add to that the multitude of user maps that will be created for it (granted only about 10% will be worth a shit) and the ability to build your own makes it a must buy for me.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. No subject Sep 3, 2008, 10:17 CrimsonPaw

Yay to the PURE demo this week, I'm definitely looking forward to trying this out.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Mobilization
1. PSP PS Store Sep 3, 2008, 10:14 CrimsonPaw

I have to laugh at this because they announced this at E3 '06 saying it would be out that fall sometime. In typical Sony fashion, they failed to release a service in the timeframe originally given. Personally, I think this is a dollar short and a day late.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. No subject Sep 2, 2008, 10:53 CrimsonPaw

Well, if Fallout 3 is anything like Oblivion, I'll be playing it for a LONG time. I'm 60+ hours in on Oblivion and still haven't broken the first half of the main quest.

I'm sure with Fallout the main quest is a small portion of the game, or so I hope.

~~Crim~~

5. Re: GTA4 DLC Aug 29, 2008, 09:21 CrimsonPaw

I could have sworn that there was mention of this at Leipzig and saying it'll be out in Autumn of this year. Now we're getting word that it'll be out early next year?? LOL, good thing MS spent all that money; the only saving grace would be if it opened up a new area or brought in like a Vice City.

Keep in mind that the time frame between GTA III and Vice City was a year so I'm wondering if this is plausible. Then again GTA IV is so much more than GTA III

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Saints Row 2 CE Announced
2. Re: Ok... Aug 29, 2008, 09:16 CrimsonPaw

LMAO, I was JUST going to post the same shit Elf. Why is it that EVERY fucking game anymore needs to have a CE? To me, these editions were for big name games (Half-Life 2, Bioshock, etc) or niche markets that would gobble these up in small droves. Now it seems that one of every two games is coming with a CE packed full of shit that will be collecting dust a day after one gets it.

I shouldn't bitch though, that Bioshock CE with the Big Daddy statue landed me $170 on Ebay, but I still find it ridiculous.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Movies
20. Re: switch points Aug 29, 2008, 09:12 CrimsonPaw

sure I can walk to that bloody mountain 10 klicks away in Far Cry, but why would I want to if there is nothing there?
True, but do you know nothing is there? Is it possible to have camps set up that aren't on your map, or an ammo station that is unknown by "the good guys?" I know you mentioned RPGs need to be freeform, but I saw Oblivion as more of a FPAA (first person action adventure) over an RPG; yeah you could level your character and use magic, but the overall concept is not much different than what FC2 is proposing to give.

Either way, this game is in my top 3 right next to Fallout 3 and Little Big Planet <puts on flame suit for the console reference>

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Console Trailer
2. Re: Hehehe. Aug 28, 2008, 10:34 CrimsonPaw

Joypads are not much joy for shooters. Solution? Auto Aim! Blergh.
I know game development is not easy, but why the fuck can't these guys add keyboard / mouse support? Epic did it for UT3 so it can obviously be done ... especially in a single player game; it just doesn't make sense.

Edited for clarity

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 10:34.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Halo 4 and Gearbox?
12. No subject Aug 26, 2008, 11:19 CrimsonPaw

I guess I'm one of about 50 people in the world who could give a shit less about Halo. The story is just meh, the enemy design seem uninspired, and the level design was just OK. I'd rather hold my excitement for the next modern Call of Duty or Gears 3 or Resistance 3.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 18:40 CrimsonPaw

Sigh. Gameinfowire stinks. There, I said it.
Proof that any 13 year old with PHPNuke can build a website.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Bionic Commando: Rearmed a Sales JUGGERNAUT
11. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 18:35 CrimsonPaw

All I can say is...people are idiots. Referring specifically to the reviewers that should be aware of what they are reviewing. You have a Bionic claw for a reason. Do modern reviews have any fucking clue what GAMEPLAY is?
No shit, and for anyone, like myself, who thoroughly enjoyed the original you didn't find the lack of a jump button to be a hindrance at all since the ORIGINAL didn't have one. Either way, this game is well worth the price of admission!

~~Crim~~

12. Re: Outta Leipzig Aug 21, 2008, 11:28 CrimsonPaw

But will it have backwards compat? That is the kicker for me. Still looking for the ps3 I want.
Bats, you're gonna have to find a 20 or 60 gigger for that, and good luck. I think Sony has tossed BC and will eventually offer PS2 games via digital download (which sucks if you have the game or can get it cheap). The nice thing is that you can take that 60GB PS3 and throw a 500GB drive in it if you want right off the bat.

Either way, I'm happy I got my 60GB when I did; I love me some God of War II and SotC.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: No subject Aug 21, 2008, 11:22 CrimsonPaw

Ummmmm, it's actually doubles as a trackpad; from what I can tell, there's a button that turns the keyboard keys into a touch sensitive trackpad which will be sweet IMO.  
~~Crim~~

5. Re: PS3 loses money Aug 20, 2008, 15:18 CrimsonPaw

Keep in mind that's on the hardware front, that doesn't take into consideration the money made on licensing for games and Blu Ray. I have a feeling Sony's not kicking themselves for bringing out the PS3, just for making it so expensive to make. They knew they were gonna take a hit, but they probably didn't expect it to last this long (most likely because of the pricing f*ck up in the beginning).

On another note, the Killzone 2 MP movie looked freaking awesome, too bad nobody seems to want to play console MP games like that (as a group). There's too many asshats that want to go lone wolf in the games.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > No Steam Bionic Commando Rearmed
5. Re: i need help! Aug 15, 2008, 12:21 CrimsonPaw

I'm playing it on the PS3, and i don't fully understand the logic behind those sequences, where you have to hack the computer, and attempt to shoot this white cue ball into the green box... can someone enlighten me?

also, why is the overhead area map not numbered in sequence? the place where you get dropped off by chopper...
I'm not sure why you need to do that mini-game to hack the computer, I think they wanted to do something like Bioshock did with their hacking.

As for the numbers on the map, couldn't tell you but I think the layout is the same as it was in the original NES so you would need to find out from that team.

I do love how the 1up icon is the same from the original game, it's an awesome homage.

~~Crim~~

3. Re: Madden 09 Aug 15, 2008, 11:07 CrimsonPaw

Wow, sales are flat? Really? Maybe because eventually even the biggest 'tard figures out that he's just buying the same game over and over and over and over and over again? And it never gets any better?
But this has REAL GRASS this time, and individual people in the stands ... and ... and ... yeah.

If I wanted a Madden game, I would save my $$ and pick up 08 or 07, same with every other EA sports game.

Edit: On a side note, Bionic Commando is THE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 11:08.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Arkham Asylum Announced
4. No subject Aug 13, 2008, 11:03 CrimsonPaw

I thought I saw somewhere that this was going to be an open-world game. Part of me thinks that sounds good until I remember Spiderman 2, Ultimate Spiderman, and Spiderman 3 ... open world will only work if there's decent combat (though Batman does have his gadgets).  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Far Cry 2 System Requirements
15. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2008, 17:36 CrimsonPaw

When it's all said and done, its about the same price as an Elite 360 and you won't have to upgrade it for 2 years
And this is where the cheapass in me sees the flaw. I can build a machine that will not need to be upgraded for 2 years or lower my standards and accept the consoles (my PS2 lasted me 6 years). Also, the price doesn't include the OS (assuming I'm running some flavor of Windows) which seems to get upgraded every 3 - 4 years.

I'm not bashing PC gaming because I previously had a big passion for it; it's just that now with kids and a bigger house payment I can't afford to keep up with requirements (that and nothing has come close to tempting me to upgrade).

~~Crim~~

951 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo