Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 981 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row 2 PC in January
18. Re: Saints Row 2 PC in January Oct 31, 2008, 12:37 CrimsonPaw

Who cares, it has full coop support and as long as that remains on the PC and works good its gold as far as I'm concerned.
My point exactly, the PC doesn't NEED to have better graphics because the core gameplay is fun. It would be nice to HAVE better graphics, but the gameplay is a good time even with the bugs it brings.

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Mario and Zelda Oct 30, 2008, 10:45 CrimsonPaw

I have to agree with his statements; I've got both Mario and Zelda for the Wii and both of them are only half finished because there's no real compelling reason for me to go back to them.

I think if they could recapture that Mario 64 feel (get away from the gimmicky crap and back to the lands of Mario 1,2,and 3) they would be right on track. As for Zelda, get away from the "seek dungeon 1, go through dungeon 1 and get item 1, kill boss 1" crap and mix it up a little they could revitalize the franchise. The core mechanic in Zelda hasn't changed since it originated.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Saints Row 2 PC in January
3. Re: Saints Row 2 PC in January Oct 30, 2008, 10:37 CrimsonPaw

Umm....let's hope not, because that would mean that it would suck them. The PC version should give PC gamers MUCH better quality and MUCH better performance. If not, then something is wrong and that something is Volition holding it back to not make the console versions look bad.
SR2 on the 360 may not be bug free, but it's fun as hell and runs smooth from what I've played. Can you explain to me why a PC NEEDS to run it "MUCH better" and make it look "MUCH better" than how it is on the consoles? The game is a blast and I don't regret it being a day 1 purchase for me, even on my shitty XBox 360.

If you want to try bringing people down, how about you hop over to NeoGAF or GameFAQ and post there.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3
32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 Oct 28, 2008, 10:23 CrimsonPaw

That doesn't mean it's a bad game, I've been playing it on the 360 for like 3 weeks. I liked Oblivion, but it definitely DOES feel a lot like Oblivion with guns.
Dear Nefilim, I hope you get syphilis and die you pirate fuck!

For me, I'm going to stop by and actually BUY a copy like I have every other game for the past 10 years, but between this, Farcry 2, Saints Row 2, and LBP I'm set for the next 6 months.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. GTA Zombie Oct 23, 2008, 22:36 CrimsonPaw

Seems that the zombie bit in GTA is actually for the MP games where it'll change your skin to look zombified if you kill another player is "infected".  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > DX3 Dev: Deus Ex was "Kinda Slow"
38. Re: DX3 Dev: Deus Ex was Oct 22, 2008, 13:05 CrimsonPaw

Consolisation ... WTF are they thinking. There is NOTHING good that can come of this since consoles are shit, fucking shit!

There hasn't been ONE FUCKING CONSOLE GAME that has been decent, NOT ONE!!! FUCK, this game WILL BE, and guaranteed to be, given no better than a 3.2 out of 10 for a metacritic score. Consoling DX, way to bastardize the fucking franchise. The graphics are going to be shit, the controls are going to be shit, the story will be shit, the name will be shit, and the box will be shit!!! SHIT, FUCK!!!!!! Are you kidding me?!?!?! Might as well call it Deus EX 3: The Console Piece of Shit. There's NO WAY this will be good, no fucking way!

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Saintís Row 2 Interview
6. Re: Saintís Row 2 Interview Oct 21, 2008, 10:37 CrimsonPaw

To me, SR2 is more about this crazy world and GTA is more about reality. It's like comparing the movies "The Client" and "My Cousin Vinny"; both good flicks about the same thing (lawyers) but much different at the same time.

It's a good game and worth looking over its inadequacies.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Oct 21, 2008, 10:30 CrimsonPaw

Given the record for the past Spider Man games (Ultimate Spiderman, Spiderman 3, Spiderman: Friend or Foe) I would venture to guess that this one is going to be sucktastic. I personally hope it's not and reviews are glowing (we NEED a good SM game) but there are bigger titles to spend my $60 on.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > E3 2009 Goes Big Again
2. Re: E3 2009 Goes Big Again Oct 20, 2008, 22:13 CrimsonPaw

I think if they drop the excessive pricing for participants and pass the cost to the attendees they'll see a resurgance of publishers. As for the economy, the video game market will survive; most people will forgo the $3000 vacation and I stead invest in less expensive home entertainment like games and movies.

-- sent from iPod

~~Crim~~

1. LBP Oct 20, 2008, 12:50 CrimsonPaw

I wonder how the delay will affect sales if at all. I'm thinking there will be some people on the fence about this and other games, Fallout 3 for example, and decide to go with Fallout 3 if LBP can't make it to market the same week.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Q&A and Movie
1. Wow Oct 10, 2008, 10:09 CrimsonPaw

SR2 looks to have a much better story than the original. Cool to see you're not just going up against gangs this time but a corporation that's trying to take you out. That trailer just made me more psyched for next week.  
~~Crim~~

10. Re: Sony Oct 8, 2008, 15:20 CrimsonPaw

But, they don't have the exclusive games. The price is factor mostly because there's no big must-have game that makes people want to spend it, and Sony (stupidly) doesn't seem all that worried about that fact.
Are you drunk? Sony has more exclusives this holiday season than they had all of last year it seems. LBP, Resistance 2, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, SOCOM Confrontation, Home (not that it's a game), Wipeout HD, and a few I'm sure I'm missing.

As for the must-have game, it sounds like you haven't seen any of the hype behind Little Big Planet (which I'm sure will sell more than a few consoles).

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Saint's Row 2 Interview
6. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2008, 12:19 CrimsonPaw

My main complaint with the original SR was how you HAD to do the side missions to get enough respect to continue the story. Hopefully they'll take a nod from GTA and make the side missions optional. I enjoy doing the side missions, but sometimes they get too damn tough (like in SR when trying to nab a certain car or CONSTANTLY having to take over strongholds). I agree Bats, there are certain aspects of SR that are better than GTA4.

I'm thinking this is going to be the first in my "three weeks of spending" that I've been socking money away for.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: Sony Oct 8, 2008, 10:36 CrimsonPaw

SOE = Sony Online Entertainment, I doubt that's what you mean. As for the public becoming jaded, I think they are when it comes to the functionality that Sony is bringing (home, PSP PSN Store, etc.) but from a device standpoint many people are happy with their purchase. The PS3 has allot to offer this year compared to last and is also bringing out some damn fine looking games. That being said, I wonder if those bitching about having to program for the PS3 are the ones who don't understand how to program for it; it seems that Ted Price and company, as well as Media Molecule and even Bethesda have been doing a decent job of it.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Mobilization
5. No subject Oct 3, 2008, 16:51 CrimsonPaw

I see the two as different platforms. The iPhone is aiming at the casual market whereas the PSP is more for the gamer-on-the-go. I've pulled down a few games for my iPod touch, some are decent, but there is nowhere near the depth that the PSP can deliver.

To me it's like the age 'ol comparison of console games to PC games ... when you move to the PC there's typically a deeper experience to be had.

~~Crim~~

16. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2008, 16:45 CrimsonPaw

There are also people here who believe that a game's lead development platform has no effect on a game's potential, even when that platform's control scheme obviously does not suit the game's gameplay.
Sounds like someone's still jaded over Fallout 3 ...

~~Crim~~

1. LBP Sep 29, 2008, 12:15 CrimsonPaw

Damn I can't wait for LBP. This is the ideal game that my 8 year old and I can sit down and play together. Hell, I could even see sitting down and designing a level together as well (or maybe a rough cut of one).  
~~Crim~~

4. Re: Bungie sucks Sep 26, 2008, 10:24 CrimsonPaw

Holy shit that bag is ugly. I wouldn't use the thing if it was free, let along spending money on it. To me the best incentives have been the figures that come with the games.  
~~Crim~~

2. Re: DRM Sep 22, 2008, 15:07 CrimsonPaw

Yeah, thsi is the reason I'm not totally convinced that physical media will ever fully go away. So what happens when someone's PS3 takes a shit in 5 years and they have to get a new one?  
~~Crim~~

2. GTA IV Weekend Sep 19, 2008, 22:59 CrimsonPaw

I wonder if MS or Rockstar will be kicking off the weekend with info on the expansion like a few rumors are saying.  
~~Crim~~

981 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo