Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 970 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2014, 13:56 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:03:

I've only gotten a little way into the second one myself. Keep getting distracted by GTA and other stuff...

I seemed to have enjoyed the first more than the second - still need to play the vampire one that came out on PSN. I wish I had more game time; my biggest issue is getting pulled into that mess that is BF4. It's like meth - I know it's bad but there's something so addictive that I keep coming back.

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 24, 2014, 12:06 CrimsonPaw

Hasn't Kojima been trying to "step out from Metal Gear" since MGS2 or 3? Seems that he's been done while making MGS4, Portable Ops, Peace Walker, and the 5s -- he has an odd way of getting out of it.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 22, 2014, 14:55 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 12:35:

UK.

Took the words right out of my mouth - got excited for a sec.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 6, 2014, 10:50 CrimsonPaw

Since EA is the preferred publisher of Star Wars, are they trying to pull some weak-ass jedi mind tricks on the public?!?!

<waves hand> This is what you want from your games.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 17, 2014, 17:32 CrimsonPaw

I would rather see a few more of these types of questions in interviews. The tech industry can benefit from more personality and less social awkwardness.

I happen to be lucky enough to work with a group of guys who are technical AND personable (my manager has been asked countless times how he was lucky enough to fall in with this group). It's amazing how much cohesiveness a little humility and personality can get a group.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2014, 11:00 CrimsonPaw

Blue - just a request, can you note in the PS Plus info if it's US or UK? It sucks that there's a disconnect between the two services but I hate getting excited only to find that the US isn't getting some of the awesome stuff the UK gets.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 6, 2014, 21:45 CrimsonPaw

Really wish Sony would update the PS4 to allow direct uploading to YouTube. Hopefully this is in the pipeline.  
~~Crim~~

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 6, 2014, 11:27 CrimsonPaw

Even though I don't play the games, I really wish Sony/Microsoft/EA/Activision/Etc would release a solution to allow players to set up their own servers and continue playing. Then again, I'm sure the MP landscape for these games is desolate at best.  
~~Crim~~

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 31, 2013, 10:00 CrimsonPaw

Beamer wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 15:53:
But, sadly for you, there's price parity - FF3 is $16 on iOS and Android, too. So, either everyone is ignorant, or your comment itself was ignorant of that fact.
Unless you look at notion b) stating that people know $16 is a rip-off which would suggest that people are well aware of what the title is (hence revoking the "ignorant" implication) - great argument though Rolleyes

~~Crim~~

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 15:13 CrimsonPaw

Fantaz wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 14:13:
people still pay $49 for Angry Birds Star Wars on PS4/XBone
Clueless parents who associate the "Angry Birds" brand with wholesome 'clean' gaming spend $50 on the game - that's Ravio's attempt to sucker people out of their money before adjusting to their intended $20 MSRP.

Also the people who own Windows phones either a) won't know what Final Fantasy is or b) will know $16 is a rip-off.

~~Crim~~

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 11:29 CrimsonPaw

You too can own this 20+ year old classic for the low low price of $15.99! Not sure why SquEnix tries to price themselves out of sales.  
~~Crim~~

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 16, 2013, 11:49 CrimsonPaw

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 10:51:
As to Mr Tretton, the stores have plenty of PS4's from what I have seen, no shortage of supply in this area.
Interesting considering that I, literally, could not find one in our area as we were going to get one for our manager as an XMas gift. In fact, my wife who works in retail as a manager wasn't even able to get me one.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Thanksgiving Consolidation
6. Re: Thanksgiving Consolidation Nov 28, 2013, 16:10 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 15:10:
Think I still have like 9-10 months of PSN time, but with cards being on sale for a year for $30 tomorrow, I'll prob throw another year on.
Even at $50 a year PS+ is worth is, $30 is just a steal!

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Week
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Week Nov 23, 2013, 17:30 CrimsonPaw

Hopefully this means they're close to getting Conquest mode working on the PS4 ....  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 17:27 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 12:28:
Having a blast with KZ today. The second mission (the first being a semi tutorial) didn't overly impress me, but since then (missions 3 and 4), it's really taken off.
Good to hear that; I played the first mission via remote play (removing the wifi power save on the Vita made all the difference) and was hoping it'd get better. Been enjoying BF4, but I've mostly been testing MP via remote play just to see how the experience is but so far it's pretty damn solid!

~~Crim~~

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 13:37 CrimsonPaw

JSP wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 13:14:
PS4 doesn't have standby/resume mode yet.
Not to split hairs, but the PS4, in fact, does have a standby; the thing it does not have yet is standby/resume while playing a game (much like the Vita). I only say this because I shut down my PS4 last night via the controller and freaked out when I couldn't kick it back on via Remote Play - come to find out if you shut down Remote Play doesn't work but if you standby it'll come back on (standby is the pre-set shut down after an idle time-out).

~~Crim~~

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 09:50 CrimsonPaw

It would be even more unnerving if it did that bow when it started up ... like it was looking you over like a piece of meat :S  
~~Crim~~

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 11:49 CrimsonPaw

Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 10:53:
Really wish there was backwards compatibility though. I think I'll get an extra long cable to play some PS3 games with the DS4 whenever I run out of stuff.
I hear ya, I'm hoping that we start seeing more info on Gaikai and that will solve some of the BC complaints.

~~Crim~~

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 10:46 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 10:39:
Na, I'm at work today, and it probably won't get to the house until 6-8 tonight (though it is on the truck for delivery, I checked!!!)...
I had mine delivered to work just so I wouldn't have to worry about someone being home. As of 6:00 this morning it was "out for delivery" - typically we get our FedEx/UPS drops around 11:00, so hopefully I'll have it within the next hour or two (enough time to configure a few site-to-site VPNs and call it a day).

~~Crim~~

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2013, 10:22 CrimsonPaw

John wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 10:17:
At least it appears to only be a software issue. Hopefully they get a fix by tomorrow!
Yup, I didn't see in the article if it was out of the box or after performing the 1.5 upgrade. Hopefully it's after the upgrade and they can replace the firmware before we all start getting our hardware.

~~Crim~~

970 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo