Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 985 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Radical Design Closed?
7. Re: Free Radical Design Closed? Dec 18, 2008, 13:01 CrimsonPaw

Yeah, I think they were betting the bank on Haze and it led to their demise. I'm sure TimeSplitters 4 will get picked up though, that series has a pretty grand following NOT to pursue it.  
~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Riddick Sequel if Dark Athena Lights It Up
8. Re: Riddick Sequel if Dark Athena Lights It Up Dec 18, 2008, 11:48 CrimsonPaw

Pretty sure these games don't have any kind of multiplayer.
A quick google of 'multiplayer "dark athena"' produces many results that say you're wrong.
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/43390/Chronicles-of-Riddick-Assault-on-Dark-Athena-Multiplayer-Detailed

Anyway, rumor has it that Vin is a big gamer and wanted to make sure his character was done right, thus leading him to create the studio.

Can't wait for a game based on 'The Pacifier'.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Home on PS3 Dec 17, 2008, 13:29 CrimsonPaw

Home isn't that bad, I think it's getting bad press because everyone sees it as a "game" which it's not. It's a social networking application that has activities inside of it. Granted, most people in home are idiots who are running around spouting dumbass comments or just dancing, but there are a few who are sitting (or standing) around chatting it up.

I think the intent is to have a virtual LAN party where you can launch games with your group of friends, or (theoretically) share a movie between them. I think Home is on the cusp of either being pretty cool or being shit; if Sony applies their resources it could be good.

I'm not defending it, I'm just saying that people are quick to discount it.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Axl Rose on GnR in Guitar Hero
12. Re: Axl Rose on GnR in Guitar Hero Dec 17, 2008, 11:04 CrimsonPaw

Well, rumor has it that Chinese Democracy is coming to Rock Band; it's possible that Axl wants to bring all the Gn'R songs over but since Activision now has Jungle he's not going to be able to port over all the most popular ones.

Hell, give me the Illusion albums on RB and I'll be happy. I though Appetite was OK, but Illusion was much, much better (except for "My World").

Edit: It seems there's some missing punctuation in the quote that would REALLY clear it up. After reading Lincoln's comment below and then re-reading the quote it makes more sense.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2008, 11:07.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Terminator Salvation Movie
14. Re: Terminator Salvation Movie Dec 16, 2008, 11:04 CrimsonPaw

It has stayed true to the Terminator lore and has expanded on it in very logical ways.
It does, but sometimes it breaks its own rules. I'm a bit behind (a few weeks) but I just watched the episode that shows what Cameron does at night and the Terminator she rips out of the wall starts fighting back instantly. If you remember in one of the first episodes (where John was holed up in the bunker with the "triple 8"), it look something like 70 seconds to boot ... that didn't apply when she ripped the "metal" out of the wall.

Other than that, I have really enjoyed the show. Yeah, some episodes are slower than others, but even the greatest TV series had this problem. Brian Austin Greer has finally earned my respect after 90210 ... man, all I could think of when I saw that guy was "Squash It!".

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Terminator Salvation Movie
3. Re: Play The Game - See The Movie - May Dec 15, 2008, 23:31 CrimsonPaw

Bale's done a good job with Batman so I think he can pull off John Conner (just lose the lisp). That and Arnold isn't back which is a plus (they finally realized there's other terminator models). I'm looking forward to the movie especially since I've been pleasantly surprised with the show.

I think we all pray for a good terminator game but expect it to be shit.

~~Crim~~

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2008, 18:03 CrimsonPaw

I thought I could sing ala Eddie until I put in a Pearl Jam karaoke collection in that my father-in-law has. I didn't do too bad on Daughter and Yellow Ledbetter, but everything else proved why I'll stick to the drums.

I have a feeling that Oceans will bring out some REALLY bad vocal performances (myself included).

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Phantom Store Launches
10. Re: Phantom Store Launches Dec 15, 2008, 17:59 CrimsonPaw

Army Men RTS for $20
Let's not overlook Assassin's Creed for $30, these guys aren't even competitive!

Who the hell is going to buy Fallout 3 from these jokers over the already established, tried, and tested system of Steam?

~~Crim~~

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2008, 14:54 CrimsonPaw

The main guy behind the first 2 God of War games is gone to do films, so I wouldnt expect the best from GodofWar3.
If you're talking about David Jaffe, he's still in the business. After God of War II he left Sony to start his own studio called Eat, Sleep, Play which made the PSN game Calling all Cars and the PS2 port of Twisted Metal:Head On. His next project is a follow-up to Twisted Metal: Black.

Yeah, he won't be working on GoW III, but he didn't work on GoW:Chains of Olympus either; I think Ready At Dawn did a damn good job without him so there's hope.

Edit: And Pearl Jam's "Ten" coming to RB means I have to get the game before March!!!

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2008, 14:56.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Mobilization
2. Re: Sony 'Plans' Dec 13, 2008, 22:55 CrimsonPaw

This simply means that one is currently in development and they don't want some journalist to ruin the surprise before they can unveil it.  
~~Crim~~

6. Home Dec 12, 2008, 14:33 CrimsonPaw

It took me a while last night but I was finally able to get on. They're gonna have issues these first few days but it does look good (BTW, the 80's look would be something like Dire Straight's Money For Nothin' video). I'm interested to see what they can do with this environment; it'd be cool to see a virtual E3 or a press event happen from within Home. the RedBull area is a good start for what is (hopefully) to come.

Like others, I wish I could say "download all areas" instead of having to download them when I walk into them (my 25MB bowling alley took over 30 minutes last night, HELLO DIAL-UP).

~~Crim~~

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2008, 18:10 CrimsonPaw

JM, you make a good point which makes me rephrase my claim. It seems that devs use this "power percentage" to try selling a game or show its awesomeness (i.e. Gear of War 2 using 90% of the 360s power). My point is that there are efficiencies that develop through the life of any system so that one can get more "power" from the system. What takes 90% now will most likely only need 50% of the same system years down the road because of the advancement of middleware and coding techniques.

I didn't mean to call bullshit on the 90%, I was more calling bullshit that it's gong to be the cat's meow because of it.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2008, 18:12.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Ubisoft on Review Scores and Acquisition Plans
7. Re: Ubisoft on Review Scores and Acquisition Plans Dec 11, 2008, 15:05 CrimsonPaw

It's all about hype; the more stories that run on how "cool" a game is and how awesome it'll be when it releases the more it'll sell. For AC, I knew very little about it until I read people on various boards hyping it up and it became a pre-order for me.

PoP:SoT on the other hand I knew nothing about until a buddy was saying it's cool, even then it took me about 4 months to pick it up. Undoubtedly, advertising and marketing are key since the more people know about the cool aspects of a product the more apt they are to pick it up without reading reviews (and not realizing said product is the same missions rehashed).

~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2008, 10:53 CrimsonPaw

I call bullshit on anyone giving a percentage of the system's "power" that a game uses. I mean really, as a console's life goes on, more middleware becomes available to make features easier to use and allows the developers to search the nooks and crannies for more resources to use. I'm sure some would say that games in the 3rd year of the PS2 used 90% of the system's power, then look what Kojima was able to do with MGS3, or what God of War II was able to do.  
~~Crim~~

2. Re: PS3 Home Dec 10, 2008, 16:57 CrimsonPaw

Yup, I'm gonna be hopping on tomorrow. I wasn't all excited about NXE, but this I'm actually looking forward to. Hopefully they innovate in this space and don't just leave it out there to be overrun by people dropping the occasional racial or sexual slur.  
~~Crim~~

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 9, 2008, 14:48 CrimsonPaw

Not even close. I thought it's been quite civilized. In fact, yours and the comment about leo being a fool might be the only two blatantly trying to make it one (both pro 360). For people considering the systems, there are pros and cons to both. As for your particular 360, consider yourself lucky. A lot of people are having issues with the 360 hardware. Your good fortune doesn't redeem the 360's bad reputation.
I agree, and am surprised that this hasn't turned into "PS3 sux @ss" or "Shitbox 360" posts. I think we can all agree that the 360 has flawed hardware and the PS3 is overpriced. Either way, they both have their ups and downs.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Half of American Adults Gamers
17. Re: PC Gamers Dec 9, 2008, 10:53 CrimsonPaw

In case anyone missed that!
And what percentage of this 73% are playing PopCap and Flash games? I'm all for PC gaming, but I think some will see this as 73% of the people are playing Crysis Warhead or Battlefield; hell, I would venture to guess that 50% of the 73% (36.5% of the total for those keeping score) are WOW players.

~~Crim~~

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 9, 2008, 10:43 CrimsonPaw

I just sent my 360 in (time #2) for the RROD issue. A buddy at work just said that the video in his Elite 360 just crapped out on him as well. It just sucks that MS can't seem to make this product decent, I've had my PS3 for a year and a half and have yet to have it even hiccup on me. I will say that if the 360 shits on me one more time after this I WILL be selling it on EBay.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Half of American Adults Gamers
15. Re: PC Gamers Dec 8, 2008, 21:09 CrimsonPaw

Ninten-nerd here as well; take me back to the original Metroid, Crystalis, waiting for Zelda II to launch, Star Tropics, Metal Gear, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ... I could go on forever as well. Now THOSE were the days!!
Edit: Damn iPod and its auto-correct...

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2008, 21:11.

~~Crim~~

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 8, 2008, 12:57 CrimsonPaw

Interesting, it's good to see that Sony can get the general timeframe right on the 3rd time. Many people say Home isn't that great but it's mostly due to the lack of people in the environment (so I've heard); wonder if opening it up will give people a new opinion of it.  
~~Crim~~

985 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo