Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 988 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 14, 2009, 11:10 CrimsonPaw

Game consoles don't generally have an 'early adopter' phase. There's usually adequate hype to sell massively at launch, and then sales pick up as exclusives come along.
Wow, could you be more wrong. You bet they have early adopter phases, those people who are willing to pay the high price and live with the problems that come with new hardware are early adopters. Once the PS3 has fallen into a price that the "average" tech-savvy consumer is willing to accept, then you'll see the early majority kick in (the problem is that this is where the 360 is now and why it's kicking the PS3's ass in sales). Sony knows that it's going to be many years before they reach late majority phase which is why they're pushing this console to be a "10 year project". That's not to say we won't see a PS4 in that time, but I'm sure it'll be damn close to that 10 year mark.

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2009, 17:49 CrimsonPaw

Sony will not be releasing a new console anytime within the next 4-5 years. They have stated multiple times that the PS3 is meant to be a long-term project and not have a typical 5 year lifespan. They found that people are still willing to buy "older" hardware in that the PS2 is still going strong. Granted the PS2 had a little bit steeper climb than the PS3 did, but according to VGChartz the PS3 is outselling the 360 based on launch timelines:
http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=150 (keep in mind that this is for ALL regions)

The two things Sony needs to combat are 1) price and 2) programming for the core. I would expect that within the next 6 months they'll drop the price down another $50 and I'm sure someone, somewhere, is working on bringing middleware that helps ease development burden. That's not to say they will ever overtake the 360's install base, but these changes would definitely help (as long as the devs aren't already bitter about the problems programming it).

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2009, 17:51.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 12, 2009, 11:46 CrimsonPaw

Part woman, part man, all Lightning.
The new multi sexual console rpg of the century.
Final Fantasy 13.
Yeah, if Lightning is suppose to be a guy, that ain't happening. WTF is up with SquEnix making their main FF guys look like chicks? Must be a Japanese thing.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > New Ghost Recon & Rainbow Six This Year?
18. Re: New Ghost Recon & Rainbow Six This Y Jan 7, 2009, 16:11 CrimsonPaw

What better way to ruin the suspense of a supposedly realistic first-person tactical shooter than to let the player see around corners and even aim at enemies while completely behind cover?
I suppose, but I see it more as a game that I enjoyed versus a sequel to Raven Shield. Is it possible that Rainbow 6 4 (a true follow up to Raven Shield) is in the works and Vegas is another tangent in the R6 franchise (ala Ghost Recon)? I love how I'm chastised for saying I liked the mechanic of a decent game and can avoid seeing it as a "serious" Rainbow 6 sequel; when did Blues become NeoGaf?

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Sam Kennedy on 1Up & UGO
10. Re: Sam Kennedy on 1Up & UGO Jan 7, 2009, 16:01 CrimsonPaw

Well, it's been a little over a year since Gertzman-Gate so it was time for another gaming upset. The only thing I'll miss is 1Up Yours (which I only listened to because The Hotspot started sucking after the mass exodus of the Giant Bomb team), but I'll find something to fill that void.

I agree, 1Up was a cluster of a site; it reminded me of a kid with ADD, trying to do something but losing its focus.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Grey's Anatomy Game
7. Re: Grey's Anatomy Game Jan 7, 2009, 15:54 CrimsonPaw

I think I just threw up in my mouth.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > New Ghost Recon & Rainbow Six This Year?
2. Re: New Ghost Recon & Rainbow Six This Year? Jan 7, 2009, 13:00 CrimsonPaw

I think they need to; they made R6:Vegas rather arcady (which I liked) but then rushed out Vegas 2 with hardly any changes to the first. Hopefully we'll see some innovation come from this new R6; I loved the cover mechanic from Vegas so hopefully they can do something of that caliber again.

Edit: Also, it's a UBI game so I'm sure it'll drop to $39.99 a few months / weeks after coming out.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2009, 13:01.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > UGO Buys 1Up; EGM Will Close
17. Re: UGO Buys 1Up; EGM Will Close Jan 7, 2009, 11:09 CrimsonPaw

Damn, does anyone have any suggestions for Podcast of the same caliber as 1Up Yours? Hopefully John Davidson will show up on another podcast; he really is a great representative of the industry.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > TribesNext
16. Re: TribesNext Jan 6, 2009, 14:39 CrimsonPaw

Count me in as one who will be downloading this. I need a good FPS for my PC (which is about 3 years old) and seeing as how many here are jumping on the bandwagon I'm going to do the same. I'm hoping this will cause an increase in the number of servers and players out there, especially those who have been out of the Tribes scene for a few years.

I use to be able to hold my own (decent, but not great), hopefully it'll all come back to me.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Consolidation
4. Skate 2 Jan 3, 2009, 11:15 CrimsonPaw

Got a copy of Skate for Christmas and am enjoying it, but I'm not sure it carries a $60 value. From what I've seen of Skate 2 it's more of the same ... I'll be waiting for the <$30 price for this one too. If anything it's a good break from the mess of shooters in my collection.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2008, 15:57 CrimsonPaw

Merry Christmas all, hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > APB Teaser Site
5. Re: APB Teaser Site Dec 24, 2008, 12:26 CrimsonPaw

It hasn't been 2 years, but it has been a while
Yup, you're right, it's been 3 1/2 years since we saw it: http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/730/730089/vids_1.html

I'm not dogging on it, I just don't want it to end up a DNF. The concept is cool and one of the trailers made it out to be damn sweet.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2008, 12:27.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2008, 12:07 CrimsonPaw

I think movie adaptations of comic books have proven that they can, and should, be done correctly and not just to cater to that particular fan base (though staying close to the source material). This year is yet another that proved that point with Iron Man and especially Batman: Dark Knight.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > APB Teaser Site
1. Re: APB Teaser Site Dec 24, 2008, 00:35 CrimsonPaw

Ummmm, didn't we see a teaser for this some 2 years ago? I would think it should be past the point of a "teaser site", or am I wrong?  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > GOG for the Holidays
10. Re: GOG for the Holidays Dec 23, 2008, 14:25 CrimsonPaw

Thank god for the holidays! Otherwise I'd have to plunk down the extra $2 to get these.
In these economic times, that $2 will get you ... umm ... uhhhh ... an iPhone game??

Right now, the Freespace bundle is calling my name but I'm not listening! Make it stop calling me! STOP CALLING MY NAME, I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR YOU! PLLlllleeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeeee ssssstttttttttoooooooooppppppppppp

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Game Price Cut "Warning"
30. Re: Game Price Cut Dec 23, 2008, 14:20 CrimsonPaw

The price should go up for the best, $60-$70 games should be the new trend for the best of the best games, those are the ones I would want to buy.
And what constitutes the "best games"? There's no telling that a game will sell as the publisher wants; granted games like GTA and Gears will sell like gangbusters, but does that make them the best? Little Big Planet was to be one of the best (and still is in many ways) yet hasn't sold for SHIT in the US (250K from what I remember). Putting a premium price on a potentially good game is only going to make people wait until the price matches the perceived value; something Sony learned quickly with the launch of the PS3.

Best Buy selling CoD WaW for 34.99. That not a bad price all thing considered. It's probably worth $34.99 in most respects. I'm still going to rent it, but that is a whole lot better than $49.99. ]
Is it still a WWII shooter? If so, I'll pass.

~~Crim~~

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 23, 2008, 10:27 CrimsonPaw

Analyst Predicts New Zelda Wii Title in 2009
Analyst predicts you will systematically go through dungeons only to find a tool you need to complete said dungeon and to get past an obstacle to progress the storyline.

I think I've given up on Zelda like I have Mario Kart ... I'm tired of doing the same general mechanics (find dungeon, complete each room's puzzle, find item, use item to complete puzzles, defeat boss, find next dungeon). To me, the best part of Twilight Princess was the NON dungeon portions of the game

~~Crim~~

News Comments > It's Good to be the Lich King
2. Re: It's Good to be the Lich King Dec 23, 2008, 10:19 CrimsonPaw

I think GTA is lacking on this list because of the major issues people are having with the game.

As for Lich King, I'm so glad I've gotten myself "clean" from the e-crack that is World of Warcraft. I was only on the stuff for 2 months, but during those months I was a slave to it ... I think God personally jacked my processor up as an intervention.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2008, 10:20.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Game Price Cut "Warning"
2. Re: Game Price Cut Dec 23, 2008, 10:16 CrimsonPaw

And I have an EB email that has the 360/PS3 versions of Far Cry 2, EndWar, and the latest POP, each for $39.99...
Yeah, I was surprised at how quickly these dropped (especially PoP after 2 weeks), but that's UBI games for ya. If I didn't get Far Cry 2 in a Buy2Get1 sale I'd be pissed, but I've gotten to play it since release day for $40.

I wonder how many companies are going to follow this. I would think that there are some who feel their title still holds a $60 value (I'm looking at you CoD:MW) and won't budge. Others will most likely follow the ways of Ubi and pull them down to $40.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Free Radical Follow-up
5. Re: Free Radical Follow-up Dec 19, 2008, 16:55 CrimsonPaw

Anyone know if a different studio can pick up the TimeSplitters line? It would be cool to see someone pick up this ball and run with it since TS has such a cult following (rightfully so).  
~~Crim~~

988 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo