Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 978 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 Movie
5. Re: CryENGINE 3 Movie Mar 26, 2009, 10:33 CrimsonPaw

IMO the CryENGINE has always been about looking decent but also adding a deeper layer of physics. Regardless, engines anymore are pretty fucking impressive, UE3 has an advantage right now because it's being used everywhere but it's good to see CryTech giving some console love.  
~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CoD: Modern Warfare 2 in November
7. Re: CoD: Modern Warfare 2 in November Mar 26, 2009, 10:30 CrimsonPaw

Overrated? Maybe the single player but the multiplayer is pretty awesome.
This was going to be my response. The kicker is that it's amazing for a console and on par with what PC gamers have come to expect. I think this will sell 5 million copies on name alone (look at CoD:W@W). Expect to see a "pay for" demo at your local Gamestop in September or October.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > OnLive Beta Signups
7. Re: OnLive Beta Signups Mar 25, 2009, 10:41 CrimsonPaw

That would be awesome since I live in Canada
OnLive hates Canada, sorry.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > OnLive Beta Signups
5. Re: OnLive Beta Signups Mar 25, 2009, 10:30 CrimsonPaw

Beta is US only. I wonder if the service when it launches is going to be US only also.
Sounds like it, they have a data center on each coast and are bringing one to the Midwest with no mention of other countries or regions. I'm sure if it takes off they'll accept the risk of building a data center in Europe.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > No BioShock 2 Subtitle
9. Re: No BioShock 2 Subtitle Mar 19, 2009, 17:29 CrimsonPaw

With "Big Sisters" and the feminine focus, they should call this Bioshock 2: Bitches

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 19, 2009, 10:08 CrimsonPaw

Sony freezes staff wages
I know some people bitch about these business decisions, but it's a much better solution than laying people off ... can't wait until this financial mess turns around.

~~Crim~~

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 17, 2009, 16:24 CrimsonPaw

I agree Verno, but I think Bethesda learned very quickly not to piss of their fanbase ... good to see that the DLC for Fallout 3 is a much higher quality than horse armor.  
~~Crim~~

4. Re: Capcom rejects complaints Mar 17, 2009, 13:57 CrimsonPaw

I completely agree with Capcom's stance on the issue. I'm shocked so many gamers want something for nothing, when they angrily refuse to accept such thinking in other matters of life.
It's not that they want something for nothing, it's that you announce DLC before the fucking game is even OUT. This pisses people off because usually DLC is used to extend the life of a game; in this stance it could have been included in the box but instead Capcom would rather put it out as DLC and charge people for it.

Doesn't matter to me personally because I an no where near a fan of RE, I just think it's bullshit to release and CHARGE FOR DLC so close to your release. It's just really bad timing for Capcom.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Red Faction Guerilla Demo Next Month
1. Re: Red Faction Guerilla Demo Next Month Mar 17, 2009, 10:03 CrimsonPaw

When the hell has GameStop ever waited for an official release date to take pre-orders?? I'm sure they're taking pre-orders for Metal Gear Solid 5, Gears of War 3, and "Mario Next" without hesitation.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > BF2/2142 Map Plans
17. Re: BF2/2142 Map Plans Mar 16, 2009, 11:27 CrimsonPaw

Is the 1.5 patch suppose to take care of the exploits that people are using? I've thought about reinstalling BF2, but from the posts I've seen people are dropping vehicles on others and are able to do supply drops outside of the waiting period (not sure if this is true).

Also, it would be nice to have this on Steam; I recently had to repurchase BF2142 because EA doesn't let you redownload a purchase after a year (unlike Steam), I think that's why you're having problems with Armored Fury Tumbler.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: Crystal Skull Lego Mar 13, 2009, 10:11 CrimsonPaw

TT's Lego games have gotten rather stale lately. The formula worked initially because of it's cuteness and approachability, but now it's been overdone. Hopefully they mix it up to make these interesting this time.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Split/Second Announced
10. Re: Split/Second Announced Mar 12, 2009, 10:24 CrimsonPaw

I like how they talk about how cool the graphics are gonna be, but they don't touch at ALL on the actual gameplay (the thing that makes/breaks games, for me anyway).  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 12, 2009, 10:22 CrimsonPaw

iPods didn't destroy music, that damn electric guitar destroyed music ... and the keyboard, DON'T GET ME STARTED on the keyboard. It's like an orgy in my ears the perverse sound of that "rock and roll" <squints eyes>  
~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 12, 2009, 10:19 CrimsonPaw

I love how Tecmo has a press release about an upcoming press release ...  
~~Crim~~

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2009, 10:11 CrimsonPaw

Konami Announces Release Date And New Details On SCENE Expansion For Metal Gear Online.
The 10 people playing it express great joy.

~~Crim~~

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 4, 2009, 14:31 CrimsonPaw

Riddick just another another good PC game turned into a shitty port.
PC Elitism to epic proportions, do a little research moron, it was released for the original XBox as well as the PC "back in the day."

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Mobilization
2. Re: Netbooks obsolete Mar 4, 2009, 11:03 CrimsonPaw

I think Netbooks are a good entry into computing. I could see getting one for a teen or a younger child. As long as it supports Flash I could see this being decent for my kids to play their flash mini golf or Webkinz stuff on.  
~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 4, 2009, 10:38 CrimsonPaw

I have to agree, as I've said before this is the same price as Burnout Paradise, Warhawk, and Lost & Damned ... games that give MUCH more gameplay than this appears to give. I would see this thing not selling or dropping to 800 MS points.

Edit: Can't wait for the PS3 demo, only because that's the console on my HDTV; not that I needed a reason to buy this game, but it'll give me a fix until it's released.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2009, 10:39.

~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 3, 2009, 14:04 CrimsonPaw

And they want $20 for this???
Isn't it ironic that for $20 you can get this, Burnout Paradise, or Warhawk (PS3 only obviously) .... one of these things is not like the other.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 3, 2009, 10:25 CrimsonPaw

Learn to program for dual layer blu-ray instead of thowing 5 gig scratch files on the HD. Give your fans something to be amazed by like many dev houses are starting to do.
It's my understanding that the reason they offload some content onto the HDD is that the BR drive in the PS3 is too slow and this helps relieve some of the load times.

~~Crim~~

978 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo