Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 949 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > New AvP; Colonial Marines Delay
19. Re: New AvP; Colonial Marines Delay Feb 11, 2009, 15:21 CrimsonPaw

I guess I was the only one who liked AvP2. I played the original also, but I don't really remember any parts of the game, unlike AvP2.
Nope, I'm there with you. I picked it up at EBGames used after taking back Return to Castle Wolfenstein and was pleasantly surprised. I also about pissed myself at multiple parts playing the Marines section. I liked playing the preditor (loved the weapons), but it seems that I ended up getting stuck at one point and never got past it.

Looking forward to this one though, again, as long as they don't fuck it up (give this shit to Starbreeze).

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2009, 10:51 CrimsonPaw

I was able to kick my WOW habit by having my processor shit out on me, it took a week to get a new one (they sent me the wrong one the first time), so in that time I essentially went through detox. I would try to sneak in 15 minutes when I had time, came home from lunch just to play, essentially ignored my wife and family during my play time.

After I got my new processor I reinstalled the OS, left off WoW, and sold my character vowing never to get on that crack again.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Movie
2. Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Movie Feb 7, 2009, 13:21 CrimsonPaw

Meh, there's nothing in there that convinces me it'll be different from the first TF game.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
4. Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Feb 6, 2009, 13:20 CrimsonPaw

I didn't mind the movie, I thought it was a fun, mindless romp through Hollywood. Yeah it's not going to win any awards based on story and the whole explanation of "allspark" and what it could do was hokey, but you have to remember it's a Michael Bay film. I'll watch the sequel with my 9 year old and we'll have a good time.

The game though, hopefully it will turn out better than that shitfest that was put out last time ... not having faith that it will be though.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Battlefield 1943
8. Re: Battlefield 1942 Announced Feb 5, 2009, 10:48 CrimsonPaw

Its also worth mentioning that Battlefield: Bad Comapny 2 will be getting a PC release this time around as well.

Good news since the original was a very fun game in its own right.
BF:BC was a good consolised version of BF2 and has a good amount of depth for a console game. It's still missing the depth of the PC counterpart, hopefully they can push the sequel into more of the depth of the PC games.

Also, if this 1943 is a digital download, I can't see that this will be more than $20.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Killzone 2 Demo Feb 2, 2009, 14:49 CrimsonPaw

Killzone 2 has alarm bells all over it in my mind because metacritic has TONS of reviews out already and the games release is listed at Feb 27th!?
Funny you say that because I just listened to ListenUp (the new 1Up Yours) and John Davison was making fun of this as well. It sounds like review copies have been out for quite a while and the pushback of the release date was inflated to avoid conflicts with Resistance 2.

I'm still not sold that it's a 98% game, but everyone keeps saying how beautiful the game looks. I may plop down $5 just to get the demo then move that $5 to a used game (I refuse to buy new games at GS).

~~Crim~~

News Comments > New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod
8. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 10:54 CrimsonPaw

If the project is "done" as in this is the last update ... shouldn't it be version 1.0?

Anyway, I've recent gone back to the BF scene with 2142 and DAMN do I get my ass handed to me. I thought about reinstalling BF2 and the SF expansion but I have a feeling it'll be the same as 2142, asshanding. This mod does look interesting though seeing as it adds a SP component to the game.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage
5. Re: WOOT!! Jan 27, 2009, 11:33 CrimsonPaw

JESUS I need to get around to playing more Fallout 3. It seems that now that I'm done with school I'm playing LESS games, I need to allocate more time for my gaming hobby.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 2 This Year & New Ghost Recon
3. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 This Year & New Ghost Recon Jan 22, 2009, 17:28 CrimsonPaw

Hopefully they REALLY learn from the shortcomings of the original AC for AC2. If they could fix the flow of the missions, I would be willing to keep an eye on it.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Out of the Blue
46. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2009, 16:50 CrimsonPaw

who can actually AFFORD the houses they're looking at

That's precisely what caused the housing bubble
No, the housing bubble was caused by people buying houses they really couldn't afford which is my point. Consumer ignorance is just as much to blame for the housing crisis as the mortgage lenders.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2009, 15:57 CrimsonPaw

and why did justice roberts fuck up such a short line of the swearing in.
From what I read, Obama went blank and Roberts was essentially saying a few words to help him get his bearings (edit: it would appear this is wrong according to Tact).

I totally agree with the "second coming" thing (said the exact thing to a co-worker); the media is playing it off like it's the fucking Super Bowl with celebs and extensive coverage of all the parties that are going on. Hell, I'm surprised Doritos hasn't released and official snack of the '09 inauguration.

Anyway, I hope he's got good economists behind him to help fix the economic issues. Better yet, I hope they'll give incentives to home buyers (been looking for a new house for 2+ years) who can actually AFFORD the houses they're looking at. I wish him the best of luck, and await the tax increases.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2009, 16:01.

~~Crim~~

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 20, 2009, 10:39 CrimsonPaw

A new Mario Tennis for the Wii!!! Didn't see that comming Rolleyes  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Dark Sector PC Lives?
13. Re: Dark Sector PC Lives? Jan 19, 2009, 16:40 CrimsonPaw

the original version was supposed to be a MMOFPS with both space based and FPS ground combat. Sort of Unreal Tourney as a MMOG. Bummer that they dumped that idea.
I second THIS ...

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 19, 2009, 10:37 CrimsonPaw

Of course no GTA V, it'll be GTA IV:Subtitle. And it's totally doable, I'm wondering if they're running with the GTA "V" thing though.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Battlefront 3 Back to Pandemic?
21. Re: FP vs Third Person Jan 17, 2009, 12:07 CrimsonPaw

Ah, you guys DO know there was and option to play in first person, no?
I played a bit of BF2 and didn't realize there was a FPS view to it ... guess you learn something new everyday.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Battlefront 3 Back to Pandemic?
8. Re: Battlefront 3 Back to Pandemic? Jan 17, 2009, 00:06 CrimsonPaw

I have to agree, this series would be a lot more immersive if it were moved to a 1st person POV. Let's hope they can do better with this than their latest attempts.  
~~Crim~~

5. Re: Killzone 2 Jan 16, 2009, 16:36 CrimsonPaw

Tumbler, they've been having a closed beta for KZ2 for quite a while. Not sure if it's still going on or not but from my recollection there was somewhere in the neighborhood of 100K invites sent (don't quote me on that number).

I think Sony sees this as a way to hype the game, which is actually REALLY stupid since most who are going to pre-order the game are not the ones who need to be convinced to buy it. Sony should be putting up billboards, fliers, and a fucking demo if they want to convince people to buy the game instead of working with Gamestop as their sole promotion outlet. Maybe someday SCE will get rid of their upper management and get their heads out of their asses.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 15, 2009, 22:47 CrimsonPaw

I agree Bats, it would be nice to have it be in FP view while not in vehicle mode (ala Battlefield 2). Battlefront 3 looks like it was trying to create more of a story than the previous games; I really hope someone will pick this up and finish it.  
~~Crim~~

32. Re: Blu-ray Jan 15, 2009, 10:54 CrimsonPaw

Why in the hell would I want to spend money upgrading to this format when I can rent a DVD in my grocery store for $1?
And the person who brought this to market is making a KILLING on it. I suspect you'll be able to rent Blu-Ray movies from these machines in the not-too distant future (probably for $2 a night though).

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 15, 2009, 10:30 CrimsonPaw

No DLC and a new game already? wtf.
I've been touting this for the last 6 months. They would have had a year and a half between 4 and the next itteration which, for such a talented team, should be enough time. Since the engine is there, they just need to work on story, assets, and environment.

I hope this is true and that we'd see a GTAIV:San Andreas within the next 3 years as well.

~~Crim~~

949 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo