Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 978 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch
6. Re: Battlefield 2 Patch Sep 1, 2009, 14:40 CrimsonPaw

LOL, like this gameplay change: Various changes made to prevent cheating. Sounds like the equivalent of "and other ingredients" on food boxes. Regardless, if they've fixed the 15 jeeps falling from the sky then I'm in.

I installed BF2 and 1.41 in preparation to get my ass handed to me; anyone know of a good server that a previously decent player turned old can play on?

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Clips
12. Re: Modern Warfare Clips Aug 28, 2009, 16:57 CrimsonPaw

I'm pretty sure they said at GamesCom that there was, in fact, 2 player local co-op that was designed to take advantage of 16x9 widescreen (not sure if that means 2 8x9 boxes). I want to say I heard that on the latest "Listen Up" podcast.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday
6. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 14:49 CrimsonPaw

Very cool, time to get BF2 installed. I have to say, I dig BF2 much more than 2142; the latter just seemed to be missing something in the gameplay. Regardless, this is one of the few games my aging PC will actually play now.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 26, 2009, 11:17 CrimsonPaw

Batman: Arkham Asylum = the shit. 'Bout time they made a kick ass Batman game.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Fallout 3 Retail DLC Bundle
13. Re: Fallout 3 Retail DLC Bundle Aug 20, 2009, 09:50 CrimsonPaw

Mods are your friend! FOOK2 just got released and dear God is it awesome!
For now, my rig is so damn old that it won't run "current" games anymore and I just have the gumption to put time into building a new one with all the other shit I've got going on. For now, it's 360 for me, though I've heard many times that the PC is the way to go with these open world games.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Bethesda Game Announcement Nears
12. Re: Bethesda Game Announcement Nears Aug 20, 2009, 09:42 CrimsonPaw

They've said they're not doing ESV yet, and I don't think it's been long enough for Fallout 4 (they usually wait longer between releases, plus they're still making money on 3.)
No, they said don't expect another ES game soon; it's pretty much been confirmed they're working on ESV: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/bethesda_elder_scrolls_v_arrive_2010

I think Fallout 3 Las Vegas was there next one with the same engine so its not F4 or whatever for sure.
Fallout: New Vegas is being done by Obsidian, this has already been announced so I can't see they would have an announcement for a game that isn't being done by them.

Didn't they put out a teaser for E3? Seems to me there was some video of an "upcoming Bethesda game" that had no title to it. Regardless, if it's in the scope of their past few titles I'm sure I'll be grabbing it day 1.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2009, 09:43.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Fallout 3 Retail DLC Bundle
1. Re: Fallout 3 Retail DLC Bundle Aug 19, 2009, 16:16 CrimsonPaw

Man, I need to get back into this game but there's just SOMETHING about it that is not capturing me like Oblivion did. I'm in that town that is on the battleship and my quest markers don't seem to be set correctly. Maybe I'll stop playing Red Faction and try going back to this when I have an hour to spare.

On a side note, I hope that these games eventually get turned into GameStop or traded so that I can pick up the expansions on the cheap.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Redbox Game Rentals
3. Re: Redbox Game Rentals Aug 17, 2009, 17:22 CrimsonPaw

IMO, this works for DVDs which you set aside 2 hours at night to focus on and watch, but for games which require 10 - 20 hours, a night isn't going to be enough; in fact a week may not be enough. Might be interesting to use it as a way to try out a game to see if you like it before buying. I still think GameFly has done the game rental right.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 11, 2009, 12:25 CrimsonPaw

Hail to the king BABY ... now if can only hurry up and release a fix for the controls.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > GRIN in Trouble?
11. Re: GRIN in Trouble? Aug 11, 2009, 12:24 CrimsonPaw

I really enjoyed Bionic Commando Rearmed. Shame they can't do more stuff like that...
I agree, Rearmed was probably their best title; honestly I would rather see them turn into a PSN / XBLA studio and concentrate on smaller scale games.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Red Faction: Guerrilla PC Features
8. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla PC Features Jul 28, 2009, 11:00 CrimsonPaw

The original Saints Row, to me, trumped GTA:SA in every way other than humor. The humor in SR felt like it was trying too hard.
I liked the graphic style of GTA:SA more than SR. Maybe it was the pulled back camera, but for me SR camera was too close.

As for Red Faction, this has been sitting next to my XBox for the past week, but for some reason I've been entrenched in Assassin's Creed; I have 3 more assassinations left and then it's on to destroying Mars.

~~Crim~~

5. Re: Mark Rein... Jul 24, 2009, 09:45 CrimsonPaw

I think he knows that the Wii has been overtaken by soccer moms and their 8 year old brood. The "core gamer" will overlook a wii game unless a game comes from 1st or maybe 2nd party publishers. Look at the Conduit, the game that was suppose to close the gap for core gamers, it sold like 60k copies in the first month ... good luck getting the development money back.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Jul 18, 2009, 11:43 CrimsonPaw

I still don't like the look of the Big Sisters. Big Daddies look like an old school diving suit so it fits, but the Big Sister looks "forced" ... I just don't like it.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Free MechWarrior 4 Soon
19. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Soon Jul 9, 2009, 17:21 CrimsonPaw

Put me on the boat of being stoked, that's some awesome shit right there. I might even be able to run it on my clunky old ass computer.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > LucasArts Gets Steam Heat
16. Re: LucasArts Gets Steam Heat Jul 8, 2009, 15:20 CrimsonPaw

I would think that Lucas is getting tired of people asking "where's Tie Fighter?" and would hopefully re-release the game. I can't think of another game, even today, that wowed me like that did back in my 486 days ... I'm flying a FUCKING TIE BOMBER!!!!!  
~~Crim~~

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 8, 2009, 09:26 CrimsonPaw

Thank God Konami is getting rid of that dumbass Konami ID. That was the single handed thing that made me stop trying to play MGS:Online since I forgot my password and it was a bitch to get it reset at the time.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 4, 2009, 10:36 CrimsonPaw

Oh give me a break, this isn't some sort of isolated incident. He's been doing this for months and I'm certainly not the first person to point it out. Practically every damn topic I read has him defending his own bruised console ego when someone says something bad about consoles or starting crap when something is console only. That leads to a thread full of flames and a worthless discussion to filter through. I've avoided saying anything to avoid the crap the comes with it, but he's obviously not stopping any time soon. So, I might as well crap in his console thread and tell him he's a console elitist asshole.
Maybe he shouldn't have said "sucks for you PC gamers", but that's nothing compared to the console shit-talking that happens on other posts.

For me, I've been a PC and console gamer for YEARS and only recently have I let my rig fall into purgatory by not investing funds into it; in fact, the thing is so dilapidated now that it can't run anything coming new on the shelf. Regardless, I come to Blues for gaming news and headlines, not to feel like PCs > Consoles or Consoles > PCs. It's all about the games and a shared interest, nothing more so just chill Holmes.

~~Crim~~

1. FF VII Jun 24, 2009, 08:55 CrimsonPaw

I'm VERY surprised that the FF VII number isn't higher than that. Granted it's good for an OK game in this market, but something of this caliber and the lineage behind it I would have thought it to have sold more. For me, I've been playing it on my PSP and THAT is the way to play (or with a smaller TV), playing on a big screen would probably make my eyes bleed.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Jun 19, 2009, 14:09 CrimsonPaw

Is this the patch that makes the game fun? I kid, I kid, but I figured someone would say it so I'll get it out of the way.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. MGS4 Jun 16, 2009, 09:51 CrimsonPaw

So Konami is announcing upcoming announcements .... aigh, maybe it's something for MGS:Online and there will be 10 happy people in the world.  
~~Crim~~

978 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo