Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 995 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > BF3 Open Beta Begins
113. Re: BF3 Open Beta Begins Sep 30, 2011, 12:14 CrimsonPaw

Verno wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 11:42:
Your so called summary of the thread was ludicrous and ignores all fair minded comments in favor of presenting an extreme view point, it was just as immature as the comments you claim to be summarizing.
Sarcasm: harsh or bitter derision or irony

I find it funny that the people on this site BITCH up a storm about console gamers and are willing to feed on themselves when a PC focused title comes out and is not perfect. I'm not sure what will make this community happy (aside from perfection).

I don't think it's immature to realize that most of the posts in this thread are whining and complaining about the game. Yes, there are a few posts that make decent points but the reality of it is that people will not be happy with this game until it's released (and maybe not even then).

Also, the beta versus demo may not fly for YOU anymore, but keep in mind that there was no illusion that this was going to be fully functional. It was promoted as a beta, was downloaded as a beta, and even says BETA in the upper right when playing the game. This is not final code; for all we know this could be code from 6 months ago. We pre-ordered so that we could try out the game before a demo or product was released. I'm happy with it and look forward to the finished product; then again I usually see the glass as half-full.

Lasly, I'm not getting pulled into a flame war - you've made it very clear that you don't care for the beta; don't like it, don't buy it.

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF3 Open Beta Begins
109. Re: BF3 Open Beta Begins Sep 30, 2011, 10:34 CrimsonPaw

I shall save some time for anyone wanting to get the information from this thread:
  • BF3 is the worst game ever

• It is impossible to rebind keys

• Server browser is from the 1960s

• Even though it's a beta it should reflect final code - EPIC FAIL

• The included open map, Metro, is like playing a multiplayer Doom 2 map

• The closed beta map, Caspian, is more in line with previous Battlefield games, but has bugs so this game will suck

• It's a BETA, not a DEMO - I get kicked out every 10 minutes because of server communication loss, my K/D ratio is probably 1/8, I have been promoted to level 1 FOUR TIMES!!!! All I can say about the game is this - I'm still looking forward to it. Dice has never let me down and this BETA is the worst case scenario of the experience; an experience that is still better in it's broken state than 1/2 the other $60 games out there.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Deus Ex Prequel Mod
    4. Re: Deus Ex Prequel Mod Sep 28, 2011, 12:43 CrimsonPaw

Just need another Steam sale that gives me DE for under $5 -- this mod looks awesome.  
    ~~Crim~~

News Comments > Cross of the Dutchman Announced
    5. Re: Cross of the Dutchman Announced Sep 27, 2011, 13:36 CrimsonPaw

Soooooooo ... this is "Braveheart - The Game" without copyright infringements?  
    ~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 26, 2011, 11:13 CrimsonPaw

8Gb install for PS3 = <calculating install time> 2 hours from inserting disk to being able to play the game.  
    ~~Crim~~

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Alpha Key Giveaway
    8. Re: Tribes: Ascend Alpha Key Giveaway Sep 16, 2011, 13:10 CrimsonPaw

No thanks, I check facebook about once a week and post maybe once a month; seems it's turned into a cesspool for drama and annoyvertizing. I'm hoping Google Plus doesn't fall down this same well, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

The least I want for this game is a public beta / demo. Prove to us that it's worth a purchase and I'm sure we're all there!

~~Crim~~

News Comments > LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans
    15. Re: LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans Sep 15, 2011, 16:40 CrimsonPaw

Unless Lucas Arts have been living under a rock, I'm sure they're aware of how much we all want a new Tie Fighter game (I'd do an X-Wing, but Tie Fighter was my fave)
    baltar wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 14:12:
    Republic commando 2 - come on you can do it. You already licensed the ut3 engine as it is...
    Was Republic Commando any good? I'd considered picking it up since it's $5 on Steam but wasn't sure how it stacked up to other recent Lucas Arts games (i.e. if it sucked or not).

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Modes Detailed
    8. Re: Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Modes Detailed Sep 15, 2011, 16:36 CrimsonPaw

Hopefully EA sends me a 25% off code for my birthday next week so I can grab this on Origin (though I'd rather have it on Steam  
    ~~Crim~~

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2011, 14:40 CrimsonPaw

Hmmm, I didn't realize that I got married on the day Quake came out; makes sense though since I remember working at Best Buy and playing the demo of it around that same time. Been married for 15 years; been gaming for more than twice that.  
    ~~Crim~~

News Comments > More on Arkham City's Robin
    5. Re: More on Arkham City's Robin Jun 21, 2011, 14:22 CrimsonPaw

Enough of this retailer specific pre-order bullshit. On a side note, this game will be mine on day 1!  
    ~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
    1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 17, 2011, 18:57 CrimsonPaw

I enjoy Angry Birds for what it is, but all this shit that's starting to bear it's name is really making me sick. Enough with the over-exposure or Angry Birds will go the way of the Macarena or Pet Rocks (if it hasn't already)  
    ~~Crim~~

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Thunder Run Trailer
    13. Re: Battlefield 3 Thunder Run Trailer Jun 8, 2011, 17:02 CrimsonPaw

I need a new PC within the next 4 months ...  
    ~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 7, 2011, 11:28 CrimsonPaw

I'm sold on the Vita; $250 with Bioshock Infinite, Mod Nation, the possibility of the Sony first party games (Infamous, God of War, etc.), and POSSIBLY a new Tenchu game.  
    ~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 6, 2011, 14:57 CrimsonPaw

I have seen quite a few E3 press conferences, and that MS one today was one of the most boring I've seen yet. Lets hope Sony brings something that isn't just Move focused (I'm sure it'll be NGP focused) and I'm genuinely interested to see what Nintendo's new console has in store.  
    ~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
    3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 3, 2011, 23:22 CrimsonPaw

Yeah, I just upgraded my PS3 HDD so that I can download the freebies - went from 60Gb drive with 1.5Gb free to a 500 Gb drive with 400Gb free. Now I can download Infamous, Wipeout, the Infamous 2 demo, and the Motorstorm demo without having to remove crap like I used to (for now anyway). Charging up the PSP to pull down Mod Nation and probably LBP for the kids.

Edit - made sense of the post.

~~Crim~~

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 2, 2011, 15:41 CrimsonPaw

I don't know why, but I'm just giddy over the NGP; there's something about that device that calls out "AWESOME". C'mon Sony, don't screw us over with a $400 price tag.  
    ~~Crim~~

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer
    22. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 21:32 CrimsonPaw

Riker wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 20:34:
    My impressions are much the same as Dades'. Deus Ex is my all-time favorite game, and the leaked press demo has met and exceeded my expectations, which were actually quite high.

I've had good vibes about the game throughout its development, and I'm happy to say that the silly nit-picky criticisms from some really don't enter into the equation. It's Deus Ex at its core, with better AI and better-feeling combat, with the various Deus Ex trademarks intact and improved-upon. If I had to point out one nit-pick, it's that yes, the color palette isn't terribly exciting.

I pre-ordered last month, but if I hadn't yet done so, this demo would have certainly done the trick.
    I have to say that this is the complete opposite of what I expected to hear - good to hear non-the-less though.

~~Crim~~

1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 27, 2011, 15:28 CrimsonPaw

I think Sony has learned from the past few hardware launches that putting everything except the kitchen sink at a premium price has not sold well. As long as the device can maintain the promised functionality I'm all for making changes to keep the price down! Still excited as hell for the NGP though.  
    ~~Crim~~

News Comments > IGN sells Direct2Drive?
    1. Re: IGN sells Direct2Drive? May 20, 2011, 11:51 CrimsonPaw

I could see GF doing good things with this, let's hope it offers downloadable rentals  
    ~~Crim~~

News Comments > About 40 Hours of Arkham City
    22. Re: About 40 Hours of Arkham City May 19, 2011, 23:07 CrimsonPaw

Dear Rocksteady, I hear your call for money and I am here to answer!!!  
    ~~Crim~~

995 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 10.
    < Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo