Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 985 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Console Grand Theft Auto V in September
8. Re: Console Grand Theft Auto V in September Jan 31, 2013, 12:43 CrimsonPaw

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 12:28:
Wow, they managed to fuck that up good and proper. The game will be drowned out by all the hype of the next-gen consoles, which will already be out by the time a PC release appears (if it even does). The lack of gameplay footage is just the nail in the coffin.

Then again, those who game on consoles are happy with 720p @ 30fps with shit graphical quality and gamepads... so I'm sure they'll be lining up to buy it. Gaming on console is like listening to all your music on cassette tape... it's fine if that's all you can afford but some of us have higher standards.
Ummmmm, it's GTA - I think the console releases will go hand-in-hand with the hype. As for gameplay footage, I don't think a GTA game since III has come out where they show ANY gameplay outside of 2 or 3 months of release. And while I am a PC gamer, there is some satisfaction that comes from the "it just works" stance of consoles. There's nothing more frustrating that getting a new PC game and finding you have driver issues or need to research a fix for problems you're having. I love the depth of PC gaming, but really like the simplicity of consoles.

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve San Francisco
4. Re: Valve San Francisco Dec 14, 2012, 11:02 CrimsonPaw

I bet they get a portal developed between this studio and their home base within a month =D  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record
9. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 11:47 CrimsonPaw

AC games have always been in the "I can wait for it to hit $20" category for me; I'm sure it has something to due with the notion that Ubisoft games typically drop to at least 1/2 of their release price at some point within 3 months of release. Amazon's $33 AC III sale on Tuesday is a fine example ... now if only Far Cry 3 could do the same, that's the only thing keeping me from picking it up (the fear of it dropping in price after purchase).  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 12, 2012, 11:02 CrimsonPaw

Man, I wish San Andreas was for the Vita, I'd pick that up in a second!  
~~Crim~~

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2012, 13:45 CrimsonPaw

Creston wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 10:55:
Nintendo will become completely irrelevant? I guess that's why you can't find a Wii-U in the USA for love or money?
I see them all over the place where I'm at which is interesting since this seems to be the first console launch for a while that has been that way. Maybe the peeps around me learned something from the Wii purchase.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 30, 2012, 14:03 CrimsonPaw

Looking forward to putting a new console on my Christmas list next year; haven't asked for one since 2000 with the PS2. Hopefully I can be a good boy next year and Mrs. Crim (and the boyz) will be in a giving mood =D  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 19, 2012, 21:16 CrimsonPaw

As dumb as this is, I can see this being pretty nice. There have been times when I've wanted to consult a guide via the web while in game but would have to make sure I got to a save point since it'd kick me out first.  
~~Crim~~

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2012, 17:32 CrimsonPaw

I stopped getting excited for COD after MW2 - that and I like a little time between my sequels. I am still amazed that a great game like Saints Row The Third can drop to $20 in 9 months but the COD games still maintain a $40 price tag after years.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 12:12 CrimsonPaw

Flame me if you will, but this will be a day 1 purchase for me -- yeah, even though it's most likely to launch only on consoles!  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2
9. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 12, 2012, 22:00 CrimsonPaw

wonkawonka wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 21:43:
So is it time to buy ME3?
Or should I just skip it?
Picked it up for $10; so far I'm not nearly as enamored with it as I was 2 - it just feels like they removed some of the enjoyable parts of 2 and made it linear. Like the previous 2, I'll wait for the next iteration to hit sub $20 before jumping on board.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 11:50 CrimsonPaw

If they release it for the vita I'll grab it but I found the original GTA didn't play well on a touch interface.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Oct 24, 2012, 21:32 CrimsonPaw

It's sad that everyone gets giddy for a piece artwork; then again it's sad that I can guarantee I will be $60 poorer the day this releases. Regardless, next month well be being a ton of new info on it!  
~~Crim~~

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2012, 13:05 CrimsonPaw

I think I've owned almost every console at one time or another (except Jaguar, NeoGeo, and Saturn I think) and I still consider the NES to be my favorite. I'm sure it has to do with how "advanced" the system seemed, but I have many a fond memories of late night gaming sessions and memorable games. Happy Birfday NES!  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Dishonored Reviews
65. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 20:24 CrimsonPaw

I'm looking forward to this, but I think it'll drop in price like a rock in 6 months. I learned my lesson from Bioshock and DeusEx: HE - both were great games with positive reviews and pre-hype that dropped in price quick. I'll hold off for a few months.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup
15. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 18, 2012, 11:58 CrimsonPaw

I really wish my backlog wasn't so damn full because I really enjoyed BL1. I'll probably wait on this for 6 - 10 months once I whittle away at the log.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 5, 2012, 11:46 CrimsonPaw

I know I'm gonna get chastised .... but damn I want a Vita.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Season Pass
16. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 14:49 CrimsonPaw

Yeah .... I want to play this game but am willing to wait for the $7.50 GOTY version like I did with the first Borderlands.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Prey 2 Not Cancelled
1. Re: Prey 2 Not Cancelled Aug 27, 2012, 20:39 CrimsonPaw

YAY!!!! Glad to see 1) it's not canceled and B) it's not coming out this year - gives me time to III) play my shit from the Steam Summer Sale (d.)  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 17:36 CrimsonPaw

PHJF wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 16:54:
WTF? Where was I when that trailer came out???
I think you were learning Kung-Fu, it came out like last November: http://youtu.be/QkkoHAzjnUs

~~Crim~~

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Drivers
1. Re: New AMD/ATI Drivers Aug 15, 2012, 22:36 CrimsonPaw

Based on the performance increases I speculate that these are the official drivers that came from the 12.7 betas. I'll upgrade as long as it doesn't break my video like the public 12.6's did.  
~~Crim~~

985 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo