Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 994 (Graduate)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailers
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:33 CrimsonPaw

I'm not opposed to Franklin's story, from what I can tell it's more about getting OUT of being gangsta'. Also, did anyone notice that all the gang members were wearing Grove Street green? Wonder if we'll see any San Andreas cameos.

Also, for those that want gameplay trailers, it's typical GTA fashion that they don't release those until a month or two before release.

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Beta Tomorrow
2. Re: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Beta Tomorrow Apr 19, 2013, 16:39 CrimsonPaw

Looks interesting, might have to check this out as it could be fun to cause mass chaos in groups.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month
11. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 21:04 CrimsonPaw

siapnar wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 20:56:
End Game was just released this week...
And this is my problem; they seem to be working towards annualizing this franchise with it's DLC and releases so close together. Granted the BF4 release will most likely be late this year/early next year (to coencide with a new console lauch I suspect), but that's not enough time for people to "miss" the game yet. BF2 to BF3, THAT'S the right timeframe IMO. Then again, BF2 seemed like a much deeper game than BF3, so it's possible the're just hurring it up to dumb it down.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2013, 11:51 CrimsonPaw

Give me those Galaxy IV specs on a 7 or 8" tablet and I'm a happy camper!  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2013, 14:12 CrimsonPaw

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 14:07:
Hey Sony, protip:

Step 1: Build the box to hold all the hardware.
Still not understanding why everyone's freaking out that the final hardware was not shown. If memory serves me right, the original XBox360 demo (with the dancing robot) was run from servers hidden from view. Even the PS2's look was not revealed until a few months before release.

Back on topic, if Sony wants to meet those goals, they're gonna need to price this thing right and have software to back it up. I won't be buying based on the "we plan to" notion.

~~Crim~~

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 22, 2013, 12:00 CrimsonPaw

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 11:34:
haha stupid consoles

theyre stupid
Oh the irony ...

~~Crim~~

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow
20. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 13, 2013, 14:21 CrimsonPaw

Never played it (came out during my "I'm too poor to buy a computer" phase) but will probably see what all the hubb and bubb are about. If GOG releases Tie Fighter or X-Wing Alliance it will be a day/hour/minute 1 purchase for me, regardless of the price.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Legacy of Kain Returning?
6. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 11, 2013, 13:21 CrimsonPaw

Part of me says "FUCK YEAH!!!", then the other part of me remembers Legacy of Kain Defiance and the cut/paste shit job they did with the levels and I say "UGH".

If they can go back to either their original LoK or Soul Reaver (still one of my favorites) days I'd be all over it.

~~Crim~~

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 7, 2013, 15:56 CrimsonPaw

dardin wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 12:33:
PC gaming has already been doing this for years now. Pretty much every new PC game requires you to activate it through some online service (battlenet, steam, origin), locking that copy to you and making it have no resell value. So if this is the death knell of console gaming and there is no alternative then where are people going to migrate to for their gaming fix?
I've really got no problem with not being able to sell back a game; in fact I know that going into each Steam purchase I make. I think the big difference is that with Steam, I've gotten most games for between $2 and $10 - a price I can live with and don't feel the need to sell back to not feel ape raped by new game prices. If they go down that road, they'd better be ready to drop the price of titles considerably to make up for the value lost to trade-ins.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Console Grand Theft Auto V in September
8. Re: Console Grand Theft Auto V in September Jan 31, 2013, 12:43 CrimsonPaw

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 12:28:
Wow, they managed to fuck that up good and proper. The game will be drowned out by all the hype of the next-gen consoles, which will already be out by the time a PC release appears (if it even does). The lack of gameplay footage is just the nail in the coffin.

Then again, those who game on consoles are happy with 720p @ 30fps with shit graphical quality and gamepads... so I'm sure they'll be lining up to buy it. Gaming on console is like listening to all your music on cassette tape... it's fine if that's all you can afford but some of us have higher standards.
Ummmmm, it's GTA - I think the console releases will go hand-in-hand with the hype. As for gameplay footage, I don't think a GTA game since III has come out where they show ANY gameplay outside of 2 or 3 months of release. And while I am a PC gamer, there is some satisfaction that comes from the "it just works" stance of consoles. There's nothing more frustrating that getting a new PC game and finding you have driver issues or need to research a fix for problems you're having. I love the depth of PC gaming, but really like the simplicity of consoles.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Valve San Francisco
4. Re: Valve San Francisco Dec 14, 2012, 11:02 CrimsonPaw

I bet they get a portal developed between this studio and their home base within a month =D  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record
9. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 11:47 CrimsonPaw

AC games have always been in the "I can wait for it to hit $20" category for me; I'm sure it has something to due with the notion that Ubisoft games typically drop to at least 1/2 of their release price at some point within 3 months of release. Amazon's $33 AC III sale on Tuesday is a fine example ... now if only Far Cry 3 could do the same, that's the only thing keeping me from picking it up (the fear of it dropping in price after purchase).  
~~Crim~~

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 12, 2012, 11:02 CrimsonPaw

Man, I wish San Andreas was for the Vita, I'd pick that up in a second!  
~~Crim~~

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2012, 13:45 CrimsonPaw

Creston wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 10:55:
Nintendo will become completely irrelevant? I guess that's why you can't find a Wii-U in the USA for love or money?
I see them all over the place where I'm at which is interesting since this seems to be the first console launch for a while that has been that way. Maybe the peeps around me learned something from the Wii purchase.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 30, 2012, 14:03 CrimsonPaw

Looking forward to putting a new console on my Christmas list next year; haven't asked for one since 2000 with the PS2. Hopefully I can be a good boy next year and Mrs. Crim (and the boyz) will be in a giving mood =D  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 19, 2012, 21:16 CrimsonPaw

As dumb as this is, I can see this being pretty nice. There have been times when I've wanted to consult a guide via the web while in game but would have to make sure I got to a save point since it'd kick me out first.  
~~Crim~~

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2012, 17:32 CrimsonPaw

I stopped getting excited for COD after MW2 - that and I like a little time between my sequels. I am still amazed that a great game like Saints Row The Third can drop to $20 in 9 months but the COD games still maintain a $40 price tag after years.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 12:12 CrimsonPaw

Flame me if you will, but this will be a day 1 purchase for me -- yeah, even though it's most likely to launch only on consoles!  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2
9. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 12, 2012, 22:00 CrimsonPaw

wonkawonka wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 21:43:
So is it time to buy ME3?
Or should I just skip it?
Picked it up for $10; so far I'm not nearly as enamored with it as I was 2 - it just feels like they removed some of the enjoyable parts of 2 and made it linear. Like the previous 2, I'll wait for the next iteration to hit sub $20 before jumping on board.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 11:50 CrimsonPaw

If they release it for the vita I'll grab it but I found the original GTA didn't play well on a touch interface.  
~~Crim~~

994 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo