Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CrimsonPaw

Real Name CrimsonPaw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CrimsonPaw
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:08
Total Comments 1011 (Pro)
User ID 21439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 26, 2015, 13:13 CrimsonPaw

I usually love the Battlefield games, but I just couldn't bring myself to grab Hardline (even though it has ziplines and grapple hooks). I really enjoy BF4 on the PS4, but I go so long between plays that my skill is non-existent which makes for some pretty frustrating matches.  
~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 11:48 CrimsonPaw

How interesting, today also happens to be my 19th wedding anniversary. I didn't realize that Quake was released on my wedding day  
~~Crim~~

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2015, 12:26 CrimsonPaw

siapnar wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 11:52:
Although I'm glad the Last Guardian is still in development, judging by the new E3 trailer - that has essentially the exact same assets as the ages-old previous trailer - there isn't much actual game there yet.
But the development is going very well! As it should be considering the game should have shipped a year or two ago.

~~Crim~~

10. Re: Retirement Crisis Mar 23, 2015, 13:10 CrimsonPaw

Maybe I'm just lucky or saw the importance, but I've been contributing to my 401K as early as I could, even when I was pulling in a little over $8 an hour. I can see where they say that "only the rich benefit", but people need to learn how important saving is and what affect it'll have down the line. I know PLENTY of people who piss away their paychecks on the newest x or y - they NEED to get a new car because theirs is 4 years old and is making a clunking sound <eye roll> (tell that to the 2002 Trailblazer in my driveway that's been paid off for 9 years).

I think the problem isn't that the system is broken, it's that people are so damned focused on immediate satisfaction that they are nearly blinded by it. Where's the concern for Social Security? I hear that system's kicking ass ...

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Rise of the Triad (2013) Giveaway on GOG.com
4. Re: Rise of the Triad (2013) Giveaway on GOG.com Mar 16, 2015, 14:31 CrimsonPaw

Looks like they're all gone, oh well, hopefully I can get in next time.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 10, 2015, 11:43 CrimsonPaw

From what I saw of the announcement, you'd have thought Tim Cook was announcing they invented a portable wormhole with as much excitement as he brought. It's funny that damn near everything they announced the watch can do is what Samsung has been doing with their watches for quite some time.  
~~Crim~~

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 13:31 CrimsonPaw

DNForever wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 13:15:
It's the most bothersome in March for sure... seems wrong to just skip an hour.
I'm fine with the skipping an hour, but trying to get the kids up for school today (as it is with every other "spring forward") was less than enjoyable. They'll get back on schedule in a few days, but it's crazy how the time change affects a child.

~~Crim~~

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2015, 13:22 CrimsonPaw

Sweet, looking forward to playing through Dishonored on my PS3 ... oh wait, AGAIN it's for the UK. Here you go Blue, I'll give you a hand with the link:
Dishonored to be free in UK's April Playstation Plus

~~Crim~~

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2015, 17:03 CrimsonPaw

Ecthelion wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 14:00:
You should try First Light. It's a tad on the short side but it only has one power, Neon. And it's damn pretty, too. You can't beat it for $15.
Yeah, I grabbed it while it was free on PSPlus - just need to get around to playing it.

~~Crim~~

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2015, 12:21 CrimsonPaw

Ecthelion wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:10:
nin wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 09:54:
Second Son was inFAMOUS 3, so this would be 4 by my count. Anyway, I've enjoyed all the inFAMOUS games so far and First Light added some nice things to the Second Son formula. Even though it became a free PS+ game this January, I don't regret for a second buying it when it came out last August. Probably the best $15 I ever spent on a game.

I'd love to see a new Sly Cooper game but I think Sucker Punch is more interested in big-budget open world games now. Not that this is a bad thing.
I really enjoyed 1 and 2, but for some reason I wasn't nearly as enamored with Second Son as those others. I don't know if it's because with Cole there was electricity everywhere or because he only had the electric ability. Regardless, I'm intrigued to see what could come of it.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
36. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 19:20 CrimsonPaw

Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 18:30:
In related news the Unreal Tournament pre-alpha is actually looking really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4tNU2jgTZU
Played some UT3 over the weekend and forgot how much fun that series is (even when you're getting your ass kicked). Just wish there were more players out there - it felt like a lot of the players were bots.

Really looking forward to this new UT.

~~Crim~~

News Comments > Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline
8. Re: Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline Feb 24, 2015, 20:17 CrimsonPaw

The ONLY thing that had me excited was the inclusion of the zip line and grappling hook - takes me back to BF2 Spec Ops which I really liked.  
~~Crim~~

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 23, 2015, 14:19 CrimsonPaw

Still say they need to reduce the price of PS Now. It looks like a great service (and one I would use) but that's some hard coin to justify.  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
27. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 15:35 CrimsonPaw

When playing this, I couldn't help but get the same feeling as I got with the original Assassin's Creed - very ambitious, very hyped, lots of potential, then you get a game that has you repeating the same tasks OVER and OVER and OVER. I would hope they'd have learned from the first.  
~~Crim~~

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 5, 2015, 17:31 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 13:54:
Jivaro wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 12:18:
Much better pricing plan Sony. I can actually see many Playstation owners doing that, particularly those with families where multiple users with multiple gaming tastes are playing on the machine. It's a lot cheaper than buying everyone the games they like individually. Hell, if Nintendo offered something like this on a WiiU I would buy one today and subscribe immediately. I would prefer some sort of "Master PS+" subscription option that includes PS Now so I don't have to maintain two separate subscriptions...bet hey...that's not a big deal.

Not so sure that it's as attractive for single user situations.

I still think it's too high, but good luck to them.

I have to agree, I see $10 as the magic number. As another has said, a PS+Now offering would be attractive.

~~Crim~~

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 19, 2014, 10:54 CrimsonPaw

It'll never be "our" music Billy ...  
~~Crim~~

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 26, 2014, 10:45 CrimsonPaw

I would consider myself "christian" religious, but more from a spiritual side versus a specific denomination. Given that, there's very few things I find more annoying that people pushing their faith on others (though one I do find more annoying is political correctness). My faith is not a badge I wear for all to see, it's just something I use as a foundation for how I live my life. The more you preach from the bible, the less serious I'll take you and the more I'll question what skeletons are hiding behind your rhetoric.  
~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2014, 10:02 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 09:26:
GTA? Controversial? Really????
It's an M rated game, so how is this controversial?

~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2014, 09:55 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 09:42
This work day needs to be over! NOW.
[/quote:

I hear ya! I'll be heading out over lunch, grabbing this, Dragon Age, and a Chick-fil-a sandwich. Now I just need to decide if I play GTA or DA first #firstworldproblems

~~Crim~~

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 17, 2014, 10:40 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 10:08:
Same here. Make sure and run though Dragon Age Keep, if you've played the previous games.
Haven't played but about 2 hours of the original, not that it was bad, I just picked it up at a time that it fell into my backlog. Hopefully thirds one is new comer friendly.

~~Crim~~

1011 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo