Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for dpazuk

Real Name dpazuk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mingus
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2004, 14:33
Total Comments 95 (Suspect)
User ID 21430

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
65. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 29, 2013, 08:55 Mingus

And this is what happens when you take yourself far too seriously.

My wife and I were watching the Indie Movie a couple of weeks ago, and her fist comment when this twit came on is "what an arrogant ass****."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Worlds of Magic Kickstarter
3. Re: Worlds of Magic Kickstarter Apr 3, 2013, 11:17 Mingus

Well, we have Eador: Genesis, which is getting a facelift and both it and the facelift are being sold by GOG. Very much influenced by MOM, CIV, etc. It is quite good if you can get past the 2-D sprites.

Also, we have the latest release from Stardock, available via Steam, for their Fallen Enchantress series. I have yet to play the latest incarnation, but I have read and heard good things, although I have played and liked Enchantress. They finally appear to have gotten it right.

Glad to see we still have some 4X turn based projects in the works.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2013, 12:00.

News Comments > Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter
5. Re: Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Apr 2, 2013, 16:21 Mingus

I still remember the droves of folks who left after the initial use of the nerf bat for balance purposes. PvP is a tricky business.

Good luck Jacobs, you are going to need it!

News Comments > Call of Juarez Gunslinger Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger Gameplay Trailer Mar 15, 2013, 16:12 Mingus

I sure hope they have incorporated some of the ideas that made RDR such a hit.

I had to live vicariously through 'lets play' videos on You Tube for RDR as I don't own, nor plan on owning an Xbox (or any form of game console for that matter).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2013, 14:37 Mingus

Re: Michael York illness.

It looks as if he is on some sort of steroid therapy to treat whatever he has. That usually causes the face to bloat like his.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Footage
14. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Footage Jan 3, 2013, 11:36 Mingus

Looking back, (waaay back), the only game mechanic I recall truly liking with FFXI was fishing. I made it to 50 or so as a White Mage, but the grind was far too much for me.

I just can't see myself investing either the time or patience for this or any other MMORPG.

I attribute this to age.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
64. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 16:05 Mingus

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 15:52:

We have to make cuts and lots of them or we eventually go bankrupt, period, why is that so hard for libs to comprehend? That doesn't even play into party lines, it makes no difference who's in office. Why are liberals so deathly afraid of coming to the understanding that we can't substain going the way we are. It's just not humanly possible I'm sorry.

You forgot the second part, cuts yes, but tax revenue will also have to rise in order for the US to get out from under the debt their in. Until and unless the GOP throw Grover Norquist (sp?) and his no tax increase pledge under the bus, spending cuts alone will not solve the problem. You asked for reality, so deal with it.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned
29. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC Released; Two More Packs Planned Oct 24, 2012, 09:36 Mingus

Frankly, I would have preferred another patch.

I just experienced the 'ole "game hangs during the alien activity phase" bug the other day with the new patch.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 09:08 Mingus

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 08:03:
Hate of any kind is despicable, but it is protected by free speech. Any one advocating prosecution is just as bad as those that put up this crap. It is a slippery slope, that once you start down it, leads to a very bad ending. [/quote

I agree, although some countries do have laws with respect to hate speech. Canada being one of them.

I firmly believe in the fundamental rights to free speech. If you do not allow for the free expression of ideas and opinions that you find distasteful, then you only believe in free speech for ideas and opinions that you happen to agree with. By this definition, both Stalin and Goebbels believed in free speech.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 9, 2012, 12:13 Mingus

I have only played 1.5 hours of the tutorial missions thus far. I can say I have had a lot of fun in that short time.

I don't have any serious complaints about the game mechanics, as to me they have made turn based combat feel somewhat 'fluid.' Others have used the term 'streamlined.' Either way, while not the original game mechanic, it still feels right for X-Com (IMHO).

The only concern I have, is that the missions feel to me to be a lot more scripted, as opposed to entirely random, as the original X-Com. Again, I am playing the tutorial so 'duh' of course the missions are scripted. I hope that once I am playing a full campaign, that the random nature of the missions, etc becomes more apparent then they appear to be at first blush.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews
70. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews Oct 9, 2012, 10:12 Mingus

I played about an 1.5 hours through the tutorial to get a feel for it. Pretty good so far. I have manged to kill my most veteran squaddie (Thin Man poison attack), but have kept the others alive thus far (course this is only on normal mode).

I recognize that I am only playing the tutorial, but it seems to me the missions thus far appear 'canned' as opposed to entirely random? I hope I shake this feeling when playing a full campaign.

Looks like I will be losing sleep over this title.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video
12. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video Sep 13, 2012, 16:01 Mingus

gilly775 wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 14:13:
I was reading people on the Desura Xenonauts page about this game destroying theirs. Maybe so, but, to me, Xenonauts plays more like the original X-Com than this one does, esp. when these guys mentioned that they dropped various things out of this game that were present in the original. I think Xenonauts will do fine.

And so it is written, he who is most faithful to their ancestors shall be greatly rewarded.

Sorry, have been playing King of Dragon Pass lately...lol.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs
11. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs Sep 7, 2012, 10:43 Mingus

Whelp, I will wait for the reviews, but it looks like I am finally going to upgrade my home rig to Windows 7. Long overdue, in any event  

News Comments > Call of Juarez: The Gunslinger Announced
2. Re: Call of Juarez: The Gunslinger Announced Sep 6, 2012, 10:45 Mingus

I curse Rockstar for not bringing Red Dead Redemption to the PC. Sadly, this series just does not compare, as far as I can gather.

If I was (1) single and (2) younger, I might have been persuaded to purchase an Xbox just for Red Dead Redemption alone.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Crossfire in September
6. Re: Jagged Alliance: Crossfire in September Aug 2, 2012, 13:10 Mingus

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 11:11:

Still don't see any reason to get this since I always have JA2 installed somewhere on my drive.

Ditto.

Note to developers: just stick to a tried an true formula when doing remakes of classic games please. Nobody is interested in your 're-imaging' of a classic.

News Comments > RuneScape Claims 200M Accounts
1. Re: RuneScape Claims 200M Accounts Jul 19, 2012, 13:29 Mingus

Looking at their infographics they provide, I would replace 'players' with 'bots' and it would be a tad more accurate.  

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
60. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 09:08 Mingus

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 09:02:
This will be the last Blizzard product I ever buy unless they completely change the way they're approaching this stuff in the future. If the only way to protect your RMAH is to restrict paying customers to demo mode for 3 days, then you failed at properly designing and securing your RMAH and that's what should be taken away until it can be fixed.

Agreed. They really screwed the pooch on this one.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Atmos Jun 18, 2012, 10:15 Mingus

*Sigh* I barely have enough room in my house for a 5.1 setup, let alone 64!!!!  

News Comments > 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash
15. Re: 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash May 17, 2012, 10:13 Mingus

I have never been a fan of any form of government 'industrial policy' (i.e. picking winners and losers).

It just does not work. This should be left up to the venture capitalists playing with their own damn money and those of their investors.

News Comments > Age of Decadence Public Beta
10. Re: Age of Decadence Public Beta Mar 26, 2012, 10:51 Mingus

As I am running the game at the highest widescreen level currently implemented within the game, I can say that it is very hard to read the text. It is not so much the size of the text as the font, at least for my liking.

Hopefully in the final version, they will allow you to adjust the font or be able to mod it to you own liking.

I am liking the combat and skill choices. It seems very well implemented. I am getting my ass handed to me, so this is always a good sign

95 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo