Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ron

Real Name Ron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Warhawk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description To prevent further misconception, the nick comes from the 85-ton assault mech that was a personal favorite in the MechWarrior game. But, then again, you probably don't care. But maybe you do....
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 27, 2004, 04:41
Total Comments 3853 (Veteran)
User ID 21411

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve and Deaf Gamers
23. Re: Valve and Deaf Gamers Aug 9, 2009, 10:53 Warhawk

i really play games late at night without audio so as not to disturb anyone. plus i hate wearing headphones for long periods. so no audio for me. i still remember playing hl2 with captions turned on. it actually works well.

I played through Wolfenstein 3D without sound because I had the computer sounds turned down and didn't know it had sound to begin with.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Halp? Jun 22, 2009, 14:17 Warhawk

Creston-

For a small number of songs, you can try this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-Purchased-iTunes-Music-into-Unprotected-MP3s

I only bought one song on iTunes - any others have been through Amazon, etc.

If you have a lot of songs, I think there are programs that can help, but I haven't used any.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2009, 14:01 Warhawk

We're due for a coffee grinder replacement story any day now.

Or a dentist visit.

Or a story involving nin in the van and a dog with a cast.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2009, 10:41 Warhawk

Happy Birthday to MrsBlue and strich!

Yeah, what he said. Cake Same to any others as well!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2009, 11:19 Warhawk

Blue - maybe try something like this?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/985238/squirrel_slingshot/

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2009, 09:17 Warhawk

Krispy Kreme is the In-N-Out of donuts!

Hopefully you've been to In-N-Out Burgers to understand...

In-N-Out is way overrated as well. Better than McD's, but I would much rather have a burger from Carl's Jr. if I am going the fast food burger route.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 10:22 Warhawk

Having recently finally discovered the magic of Krispy Kreme's "Hot Donuts Now" sign, I've become re-addicted to those doughy little rings.

Call me crazy, but while warm KK were OK on occasion, I like "regular" donuts better on those rare instances when I eat one.

Cinnamon rolls/twists, apple fritters, chocolate or maple old fashioned - the list goes on. Mmmmm.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2009, 10:56 Warhawk

Sounds like a perfect start to a moat if you ask me

Maybe a spider hole or bunker? Put some sandbags around it and mount a 50-cal to fight off the zombies? You can sight in the gun by shooting at nin's van......

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2009, 14:05 Warhawk

so US Coke is... Diet Coke?

No - most US Coke just uses corn syrup instead of plain sugar.

Edit - and I am sorry, Coke tastes a whole hell of a lot better than Pepsi. At least Coke has flavor, Pepsi is just icky sweet but otherwise kinda bland.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2009, 14:08.

17. Re: With High-Speed Camera, Glimpsing Worlds May 26, 2009, 22:03 Warhawk

Argh. Pet Peeve. Look guys, this is the Internet. The benefit of the Internet is how richly multimedia it can be, when it's needed. Descriptions of videos would be nicely supplemented by examples of the videos..

Yeah, that was my reaction, too....

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2009, 14:54 Warhawk

Hey Warhawk, i'm hearing some pretty bad reviews about Terminator. For the people that enjoyed it, it's for pure action and special effects, but the overall movie is supposed to be pretty bad. Yet another ding on McG's list. It disappoints me because i was really looking forward to it. I'll still see it though.

Too bad. We'll go see it anyways, but maybe lowered expectations will help me enjoy it more.

And I just got T2 Skynet Edition on BR from Amazon today. May have to watch it tonight. Rifle

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2009, 11:07 Warhawk

Ditto the Costco connection for what you need, Blue.

BTW, anyone see the new Terminator yet? I am going to take tomorrow off work for various reasons and figured catching that flick would be top on the list.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2009, 10:29 Warhawk

Damn Sacramento Kings can't even suck their way to a top 3 pick - worst record in the league and they STILL draw #4 in the upcoming lottery. ARGH!  

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2009, 11:11 Warhawk

Thanks for the warning, Blue.

We have a couple in the house - one in the kitchen pantry and one in the garage. Both are mounted in the open so it is easy to check the charge.

Picked up the Panasonic BD60 Blu-Ray player yesterday and shoved in Iron Man - looks great! Frankly the load time is quicker than my old Sony upscaling DVD changer, so even that negative isn't. Haven't watched a whole movie yet (got in late last night), but I like what I see so far.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2009, 12:05 Warhawk

Blue, come here to California we are completely broke, over crowded, & over priced BUT the weather ROCKS!

Agreed - and believe me, rain is very rarely an issue of excess around here......

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2009, 11:20 Warhawk

Good luck finding a tape measure in cubits....  

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2009, 12:55 Warhawk

Secret text follows:

Based on that my dad is going to HATE this movie. He already is grumbling about Kirk and Spock being in Starfleet Academy together.....

He's a Trekkie, I liked the original series and used to watch some of TNG and the movies, but that's about it.

4. Best "Budget" Blu-Ray player? May 6, 2009, 10:47 Warhawk

I have a couple Best Buy gift cards and think I am going to use them to get a Blu-Ray player.

Been looking at this one:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/home-cinema/review/2009/03/12/Panasonic-DMP-BD60-Blu-ray-Player/p1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9260685&type=product&id=1218070353057

Anyone have one? Any other "budget" Blu-Ray player have such highly-rated picture quality? I was looking at the Samsung 1600 and LG 370 as well but the flip-down fronts on both are not something I care for when adding memory (the Panasonic uses a SD card instead of USB drive - nice!); the top-mounted buttons on the Samsung really won't work for my setup and the LG seems to have worse picture quality on upscaling regular DVDs.

Thanks!

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2009, 09:42 Warhawk

Thread hijack!

Guess I'm now officially a radio star, of sorts...

Congrats! Good luck getting more airplay!

Second thread hijack - today is my level up day. Party Still going to work, though....

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2009, 13:19 Warhawk

Come on guys - Blue is a high-class dude. He's probably looking for the closest John's Incredible Pizza or something.  

3853 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo