Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

Real Name The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 24, 2004, 01:14
Total Comments 68 (Suspect)
User ID 21383

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
6. Re: Evening Screenshots Jan 15, 2014, 22:40 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

If it can at least match the third title, I'll be very satisfied. I'm feeling cautious that the steampunk style may be too reliant on current trends and make the game feel "stuck" in the present time upon future viewings. Yes, all games due to graphical limitations are frozen in a similar way, but the aesthetics within rendering limitations may make it "such a mid-2010s game." But hey, not every game can be a timeless classic and hopefully this is a solid Thief game experience either way.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Expeditions: Conquistador
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Expeditions: Conquistador May 31, 2013, 13:26 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

Having a large native family, I'd have to say that I'm more interested in how the game plays than anything else. Although I can't disagree with its questionable content either. Let's wait and see.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale May 24, 2013, 01:23 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

Besides the three deck packs and the one expansion, there isn't anything else that really can be considered P2W. The foils are cosmetic and the deck unlocks are not necessary. You can access all the cards by completing the solo challenges. The Magic 2013 Gold Game Bundle for 6.79 USD is all the content available for the game at present. Compared to the base game all by itself at 3.39 USD, 3.40 is hardly a "P2W arms race"...

The actual physical trading card game itself though is a P2W arms race absolutely. I threw away hundreds of dollars on it back in the 1990s but the computer adaptation featured here is much more limited in cards available (which prevents the arms race aspect from even being a factor in the current title).

News Comments > On The XCOM Shooter's Evolution
7. Re: On The XCOM Shooter's Evolution May 11, 2013, 22:17 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

"Continue here to read the full story."

???

I'm not sure what there is to "read" after I click the link.

???

News Comments > EA 10% Layoff Report Confirmed
2. Re: EA 10% Layoff Report Confirmed May 8, 2013, 21:32 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

This seemed a likely outcome given the quarterly financial report detailed yesterday here. The shares did not reflect the outcomes expected despite having an increased in revenues which met their target. Sucks for the employees that they are at the mercy of shareholders which are disproportionally held by rich individuals and investment groups rather than those in similar positions as the the affected employees.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 24, 2013, 17:07 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

Beamer wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 16:53:
There's also an opportunity to learn from your mistakes and grow.
Oh yes. Redemption and reform is an important aspect that is often overlooked when evaluating individual's past actions against current statements. Thanks for sharing the insight. Cheers.

News Comments > Rune Revival?
20. Re: Rune Revival? Apr 24, 2013, 16:54 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

This is old news by now but Rune is on Steam now.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 24, 2013, 16:52 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

I dunno.. I think it is possible to operate within this market and economy, earn a living, and still be aware enough to point out that many aspects are sexist even while contributing to it. For example, just because a meth addict says that meth is bad while still using it does not make the comment any less valid. If anything, it can be understood as all the more legitimate since the person making the comment is experiencing some of the negative consequences of these processes.  

News Comments > Steam Halloween Sale
4. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2012, 21:05 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

I was hoping to see Containment: The Zombie Puzzler but it must be too much of a stretch unlike say Orcs Must Die.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Beta Editor on Steam
5. Re: Legend of Grimrock Beta Editor on Steam Sep 12, 2012, 12:52 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

AngelicPenguin wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 12:44:
Amnesia had mods? I just played (and enjoyed the hell out of) the base game.
http://www.moddb.com/games/amnesia-the-dark-descent

News Comments > Trine 2: Goblin Menace Released; On Sale
7. Re: Trine 2: Goblin Menace Released; On Sale Sep 8, 2012, 22:40 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

I don't eat fast food. No matter, no buy for now!  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 30, 2012, 20:21 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

The Darkness II is 9.99 USD at Amazon.com and activates on Steam.  

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Teaser
2. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Teaser Jun 14, 2012, 21:50 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

This looks better than CoC:Dark Corners.. Terrific!  

News Comments > Rune Revival?
18. Re: Rune Revival? Apr 16, 2012, 18:31 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

Steam or GOG.com needs to pick up distribution rights for the original Rune and its expansion. I can't find this game on the market anymore.  

News Comments > Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 3 This Summer
1. Re: Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 3 This Summer Apr 4, 2012, 10:51 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

While I enjoyed the graphics in Episode 1 & 2, I'm excited at the new, albeit retro, direction the graphics are taking in Episode 3! If it can only tap in that FF4 and FF6 energy, I'll be very pleased.

According to the about page, it looks as though an Episode 4 is planned too. http://www.rainslickgame.com/about/rspd3

News Comments > Dragon Age II "Exalted March" Expansion Cancelled
30. Re: Dragon Age II Mar 20, 2012, 13:04 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

So.. uh, could I get one of these Exalted March shirts for free?  

News Comments > Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition Released
9. Re: Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition Released Mar 23, 2011, 02:50 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

Bought.

Not crap.

News Comments > Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition Released
1. Re: Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition Released Mar 22, 2011, 20:36 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

Stoked!  

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 01:37 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

That Mafia 2 purchase activates on steam (I just tried it). Very good deal!

Does it add Mafia 2 to your Steam game library?

News Comments > Op Ed
6. No subject Oct 30, 2010, 12:23 The Phantom Chicken of CS_Italy

I've come to assume that the Game of the Year and Gold editions were the full, non-test product.  

68 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo