Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for born2expire

Real Name born2expire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname born2expire
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description AMD 64 3200+
Radeon 9800 Pro
1gb PC3200
2xWD 120 SATA (raid 0)
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 03:49
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 21346

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Old Republic Update Tomorrow
1. Re: Old Republic Update Tomorrow Jan 17, 2012, 19:07 born2expire

Please add the combat log already  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues
7. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues Jan 12, 2012, 00:12 born2expire

AWESOME!!! best news I've heard all year. The STALKER are easily the best FPS series going.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand
28. Re: Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand Dec 13, 2011, 15:01 born2expire

Yup, of course Origin HAS to go down on my ONE day off this week, GG's EA!

Tumbler wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 13:46:
Any impressions on the maps? I'm probably going to spend my evening on SWTOR so I'm curious if the maps are worth coming back to this game over? I only liked playing on Firestorm, Caspian and Kharg, I didn't think the other maps were "true" battlefield maps. Do the new maps all give you the full suite of vehicles to play?

From the little bit i got to play today, Wake Island blows. It's got like 5 tanks per side and the island is about 100ft wide, so you run away from one tank to the other side of the island and there is 2 others over there
Strike at Karkand is awesome, it seems to be exact (from what I remember from BF2) and there is even more buildings that you can enter.

News Comments > BioWare Developing C&C Generals 2 for 2013
24. Re: BioWare Developing C&C Generals 2 for 2013 Dec 11, 2011, 21:24 born2expire

YEAHH!!!! another console dev taking a PC franchise and ruining it for console, I cannot stress how damn excited I am about this.  

News Comments > GamePro Magazine Ending
13. Re: GamePro Magazine Ending Nov 30, 2011, 19:16 born2expire

Good riddance, and this even coming from a paper town!  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 MP Trailer
53. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 22:12 born2expire

McJammiepants wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 21:01:
RAGE audio over recent Battlefield audio? Are you insane? To me, sound DESIGN is about much more than whether or not it's 5.1 and directional. I'd much rather a studio focus on the sounds themselves, before investing time into shit like directional audio. Statistically, how many people are even rocking true, audiophile backed 5.1/7.1 sound systems?

ummm like zero people. Now a audiophile sound card and audiophile headphones, quite a few. head-fi.com (gaming forms) is a super active community and game-fi.com sadly never really got off the ground.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm Media
3. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm Media Oct 19, 2011, 13:58 born2expire

2 different teams, completely different team making Rising Storm. As TWI put it, it's their all star mod team.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 MP Trailer
34. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 13:50 born2expire

ASeven wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 13:07:
-Sound design is top notch, have to play it to experience it

If having no basic features like directional sound is top notch, I agree.

-eSports is making a return with this title

Yeap, with options like LAN, battle recorder, first person spectate it WOULD make a return. Pity the game has none of that.

I wholeheartedly agree on both points. Fine, the ambient audio is nice but there is absolutely NO directional audio (FYI im playing with a Xonar Essence ST and DT880 pros), or audible footsteps which also plays into the esports.

ALL of the esports features have been cut and are presumed to be coming post launch, but we've heard those kinda promises before.

Yes, I'm super excited for BF3, but lets not kid ourselves, as a esports title this game is going nowhere and will be dead in the water.

News Comments > BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Alleged [Updated]
16. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Alleged Oct 18, 2011, 20:35 born2expire

Who cares? 99% of the reviews will be the console code, and the reviews will be on the single player also. 2 things I couldn't care less about.  

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
65. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 15, 2011, 23:12 born2expire

How about a option to turn off the stupid auto configure John? The game ran OK on my i7 and 6950 corssfire box, but constant frame dips (mainly in towns) and the last level of the game ran at 15fps no matter what graphic options/settings I used. Thanks for your genius, I really appreciate that insight that took everything away from the user.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 in a Movie Theater
5. Re: Battlefield 3 in a Movie Theater Oct 13, 2011, 10:19 born2expire

Yeah movie looks really good.

I don't understand the desire to play games on theatre screens, it would ruin every bit of immersion the game creates if my "hands" in the game are 8 feet tall.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM?
9. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM? Oct 8, 2011, 12:26 born2expire

I'll wait for proper translation before I react.

Glad to hear GSC talking about STALKER 2 now though.

News Comments > Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Red Dead Redemption
11. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 5, 2011, 22:39 born2expire

zero interest in LA Noire, and very little in Max Payne 3.  

News Comments > Fixed ATI RAGE Driver
18. Re: Fixed ATI RAGE Driver Oct 4, 2011, 21:57 born2expire

Arrrggghhh, new drivers run the game rather well, but now anytime the game loads (ie entering a new area) the game crashes :/  

12. Re: Fixed ATI RAGE Driver Oct 4, 2011, 19:51 born2expire

Icewind wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 19:02:
born2expire wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 18:24:
Awesome, so i need one driver for Rage, another for the BF3 beta and yet another for Red orchestra.

ATI is garbage!

Or you could wait 2 weeks for the next monthly release to hit that includes them all in the update.

or I could have just stayed with nvidia where the rage and BF3 drivers where combined (and came out last week) and Red Orchestra had very little problems. Oh well i guess it was my fault for trying ATI, I'll know better next time.

1. Re: Fixed ATI RAGE Driver Oct 4, 2011, 18:24 born2expire

Awesome, so i need one driver for Rage, another for the BF3 beta and yet another for Red orchestra.

ATI is garbage!

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
48. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 12:52 born2expire

Lorcin wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 11:57:
born2expire wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 11:34:
Really John Carmack, no graphic options? simply inexcusable, this needs to be patched ASAP.

To be fair if iD's stance that the game is watching what resources your PC has and automatically adjusting the GFX settings to maintain 60fps then fair enough. You don't buy an automatic car then strip down the gear box to change it's gearing.

really, because EVERY PC gamer loves awful "features" like motion blur and mouse acceleration?

I could understand a auto feature to compliment traditional video options and config files. if you don't wanna tweak your game to what appeals you personally that's what automatic is for. Personally I prefer to play my games at 120FPS not 60 without motion blur or mouse acceleration, thanks id.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2011, 13:03.

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
19. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 11:34 born2expire

Really John Carmack, no graphic options? simply inexcusable, this needs to be patched ASAP.  

News Comments > Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS
21. Re: Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS Sep 23, 2011, 23:39 born2expire

EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nope i didn't read a single comment before this

News Comments > DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now"
10. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 23, 2011, 23:27 born2expire

ohh yeah and we wont give you a proper PC beta, we'll give you the console experience cuz like really, they will sell more copies and make us all rich. I mean you guys are used to being the beta when the game goes live.  

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo