Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phil Turney

Real Name Phil Turney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MMORPGHoD
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 02:30
Total Comments 2536 (Senior)
User ID 21344

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Movie
41. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Movie May 11, 2009, 23:38 MMORPGHoD

I'd like another CoD as well. I liked CoD4. This anti-rail shooter stuff is crap IMO. The last "open" game I played, Far Cry 2, was tedious as hell even though it had a great engine for it. Sometimes "open" isn't a good thing when it becomes a big sandbox with "filler" thrown in to make the game seem longer than it is.

This comment was edited on May 11, 2009, 23:39.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Goodbye from 3D Realms
13. Re: Goodbye from 3D Realms May 9, 2009, 12:03 MMORPGHoD

So long and thanks for all the hype.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Screenshots? Updated
14. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Screenshots? May 8, 2009, 14:27 MMORPGHoD

13 years and that's all they came up with? Broussard and Roper should form a studio together, they can call it "Gigantic Hype Machine That Delivers Fuck All."

I'm not surprised. The people running the show didn't seem to have their hearts in it. I doubt there was much of a push in any direction to get things done, but that's what happens when you're no longer hungry for it. You become spoiled by success.

News Comments > 3D Realms Closing?
18. Re: 3D Realms Closing? May 7, 2009, 09:15 MMORPGHoD

That's embarrassing. I suppose this answers the question, "Why do you care if DNF takes __ years to develop?". So much for Did Not Finish.  

News Comments > Fallout 3 Broken Steel PC Broken
24. Re: Fallout 3 Broken Steel PC Broken May 5, 2009, 11:21 MMORPGHoD

It just got pulled from XBL Marketplace, maybe it's just a kneejerk reaction but seems odd.

Considering that no one who has downloaded the PC English version (the German version supposedly works) has been able to play it, they probably don't want anyone else wasting their bandwidth quota until they know exactly what's going on both PC and xbox. Hopefully they can provide a fix that won't require people to download it all over again. This can really screw with people who are bandwidth limited.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2009, 11:24.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Broken Steel PC Broken
7. Re: Fallout 3 Broken Steel PC Broken May 5, 2009, 09:56 MMORPGHoD

This looks more like a GFWL distribution problem. The files being used for distribution are corrupted. It also shows all that extra time used to validate a GFW game is wasted if they can't catch a show stopping install bug. That's too bad, because GFWL never got in my way like steam had in the past, but with problems like that MS isn't going anywhere with this.  

News Comments > On PC Battlefield 1943
4. Re: On PC Battlefield 1943 Apr 26, 2009, 14:34 MMORPGHoD

It's ironic. A title that's supposed to be a remake of BF1942 requires a "hard look" at fixing features that had already been a part of BF1942. Sorry if these "less informed fans" aren't giving you the benefit of the doubt.  

News Comments > Weekend Sales
21. Re: Weekend Sales Apr 24, 2009, 21:22 MMORPGHoD

The gogamer.com bargain list hasn't been that great lately, but that doesn't stop me from checking it every week. It's still one of the best places to get deals and it also shows you what titles aren't faring too well, because they go on sale soon after release.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1943 on Consoles First
8. Re: Battlefield 1943 on Consoles First Apr 23, 2009, 14:11 MMORPGHoD

Perhaps it is coming out 3 months later so they can make it more PC-like, rather than a straight port?

It's nice to see some of us still have such hope, but I've seen it too many times to be anything other than jaded. I don't believe EA will invest anything more than the bare minimum to make their PC ports. Even console gamers are getting tired of sloppy games coming from EA, like Lord of the Rings: Conquest.

News Comments > Battlefield 1943 on Consoles First
2. Re: Battlefield 1943 on Consoles First Apr 23, 2009, 13:50 MMORPGHoD

I'm angry! Oh wait, $15 for BF1942 with newer graphics. Meh. I liked BF1942 alot, but I don't think I want to go back. Even with this "destruction" they should probably keep this on consoles, because you KNOW it's actually not going to be as good as BF1942 was after console compromises are made.  

News Comments > Demigod Patch Plans
12. Re: Demigod Patch Plans Apr 22, 2009, 13:43 MMORPGHoD

That is why this UDP proxy server solution is necessary - to allow the client to handle these constantly-changing IP addresses that they never realized would be a problem.

That's very interesting information. You would think any direct peer to peer connection game would have this problem, not that there's a ton of them out there these days. I'm always on the look out for peer to peer (PC to PC) co-op type games, so I know about all the hoops we need to deal with to get a decent connection going. In fact, the old dial up modem connections were easier to get going. I had no idea euros had their IPs swapped out from under them though.

News Comments > AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAAlpha!!!
2. Re: AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAAlpha!!! Apr 22, 2009, 10:46 MMORPGHoD

Ya gotta admit though, it gets alot more attention than it would have with a run-of-the-mill game name.  

News Comments > Demigod Patch Plans
7. Re: Demigod Patch Plans Apr 22, 2009, 10:27 MMORPGHoD

We're talking about Day 6 and people are still unable to connect? I'd be bloody miffed if that was me.

Not as miffed as people who bought Earth 2160 on steam in February and were just last week able run it.

News Comments > NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate This Month
6. Re: NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate This Month Apr 20, 2009, 11:05 MMORPGHoD

Wow, even the addons are getting limited activation DRM now. And people were pissed with stardock serial number checks for multiplayer. 100% DRM free? Good luck with that.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Apr 19, 2009, 22:52 MMORPGHoD

The Wii may not be fun, but it was 58% of consoles sold in march. The Wii needs more games. Nintendo, practically the only developer making AAA titles for it, is too slow to create them.  

News Comments > Brad Wardell Interview
13. Re: Brad Wardell Interview Apr 19, 2009, 16:12 MMORPGHoD

Exactly. Which brings to my mind the question, if their is no difference in DRM usage, why would I choose Impulse over Steam

Well for one, steam requires you to run it to play single player games. And listing the protection a publisher is using is certainly an improvement, making it easier to avoid draconian DRM schemes.

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 2009, 16:14.

News Comments > Demigod Piracy Follow-up
61. Re: Demigod Piracy Follow-up Apr 18, 2009, 18:00 MMORPGHoD

Oh, so we're distinguishing now between single and multiplayer when it comes to DRM? So, its OK then if you buy a product in which only one half qualifies? Are you nuts?

Did you read the statement I was replying to?

The update check prevented single player games from being started though.

Don't be an idiot. His statement was incorrect. Besides, it's not like you need to worry about adding DRM to your games.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2009, 18:01.

59. Re: Demigod Piracy Follow-up Apr 18, 2009, 16:58 MMORPGHoD

The update check prevented single player games from being started though.

You don't need an update to play single player. Single player has no DRM.

13. Re: Demigod Piracy Follow-up Apr 17, 2009, 21:31 MMORPGHoD

In other news it looks like Earth 2160 steam users who paid for the game in Feb are allowed to play it today for the first time. What's that.. day 60?  

10. Re: Demigod Piracy Follow-up Apr 17, 2009, 21:06 MMORPGHoD

Why are you using (and paying?) for DRM again?

Yeah, why couldn't they just let 140,000 people (or whatever # people those connections equate to) play multiplayer. That would've fixed everything . They did what they needed to do, filter out the invalid connection attempts from affecting the game experience of those who actually paid for it. Obviously they should have anticipated this to avoid a day 0 problem, but having that problem fixed by day 3 isn't too bad.

I got news for ya, if you think this system's "DRM" (if we can call it that) is bad, then you probably aren't playing any PC games... at least any PC games you've paid for.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2009, 21:10.

2536 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo