Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phil Turney

Real Name Phil Turney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MMORPGHoD
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 02:30
Total Comments 2536 (Senior)
User ID 21344

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Mass Effect 2 Confirmed
21. Re: NKD Mar 14, 2008, 11:36 MMORPGHoD

People are still entitled to their own opinions. That also includes commenting on business practices as far as I'm concerned. I see no one saying "Bioware must do ____". And Bioware certainly is not entitled to be free of any public criticism for decisions they make, even if it is the correct business decision for them.

And here's a another opinion. It does look silly to talk about Mass Effect 2 coming to the PC platform before Mass Effect has come to the PC platform. I feel like a Mac gamer.

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 12:00.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Mass Effect 2 Confirmed
10. No subject Mar 14, 2008, 09:40 MMORPGHoD

It'll be a Windows 7 only exclusive.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Announced
9. Re: Nice Mar 14, 2008, 07:39 MMORPGHoD

Just finished NWN2 and the expansion. I think there was one crash throughout the entire game. Of course, I updated it with patches before playing.

Jade Empire on the other hand from Bioware, which I've just started playing (after getting it for like $10 on gogamer), has this annoying bug where you can't see see your character/NPCs the first time you load it up. There are no still patches for it after all this time.

At least Obsidian maintains their games.

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 10:46.

News Comments > EA Attempts Hostile Take-Two Takeover
43. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2008, 14:58 MMORPGHoD

But having one less AAA title publisher to compete with EA doesn't sound very appealing either.

25. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2008, 11:30 MMORPGHoD

Pretty soon the only governing body appropriate for this situation will be FECE.

18. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2008, 10:46 MMORPGHoD

The bottom line is that the gaming industry is going into the crapper and faster than you can reload your favorite weapon.

The problem is alot of us do have a clue and agree with you, because we've seen it before. Maybe some of us are trying to rationalize why stockholders shouldn't go for this because as gamers we obviously don't want to see Take-Two crash and burn like all the others before them. Truth is, the stockholders will likely take the money and run. Take-Two will become a one trick pony. And GTA will probably become a lackluster, buggy franchise.

I also expect EA at some point to follow other companies who make too many acquisitions and are crushed by their own overhead.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 10:57.

News Comments > Sweeney: PCs Good for Anything... But Games
15. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2008, 22:07 MMORPGHoD

PC video cards are still making large gains and there's still new possibilities of integrated physics. Console games aren't going to look much better for another 2+ years or more as there's only so much you can do with a video card and processor core(s) set in stone. Mainstream gaming to these developers isn't about the best games. It's about the best profit margins.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Oops Mar 10, 2008, 14:08 MMORPGHoD

Blue is gonna have a new Governor soon..

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8VAO6P80&show_article=1

News Comments > Gold - Command & Conquer 3: Kane’s Wrath
1. Looking forward to it Mar 7, 2008, 13:15 MMORPGHoD

Haven't been interested in many EA titles since BF2, but I've always enjoyed the Red Alert series.

News Comments > Individual Orange Box Games Next Month
6. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2008, 11:40 MMORPGHoD

$60? Lol, I picked up CoD4 for around $30 at gogamer when they had the 48 hour madness deal. And that title came out almost 4 months after the orange box...

Steam may be many things, but it certainly is not cheaper for PC gamers (in the USA at least).

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 11:43.

News Comments > Sims 3 Info Soon
14. Re: No subject Mar 5, 2008, 15:42 MMORPGHoD

Oh Sims has boss raids too? Cool.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch
19. Re: No subject Mar 5, 2008, 15:26 MMORPGHoD

Don't tell Michael Fitch that. He'll have a conniption fit.

News Comments > THQ Director Blames Piracy for Iron Lore Closure
24. No subject Mar 3, 2008, 23:53 MMORPGHoD

I hate this excuse. I guess the stack of 6 PC games I just bought doesn't mean much. I am so sick of hearing this crap maybe I should go get a 360 and back up a bunch of rentals just out of spite. Maybe that'll get these devs to go back to PC games.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LOST: Via Domus
2. Re: No subject Mar 3, 2008, 13:21 MMORPGHoD

I suspect my future self, having read all the reviews, will come back and prevent me from buying this game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: I knew it. I am always right Mar 3, 2008, 11:15 MMORPGHoD

Woody (and all his past handles) has always been strange and immature.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: No subject Feb 29, 2008, 15:48 MMORPGHoD

In actuality there's isn't much reason to use Vista Ultimate, as Vista Home Premium has the Media Center features and the game launcher. If you wanted Vista Business combined with Vista Home premium, then I suppose that would make some sense (not many would). But the way Microsoft has tried to market Ultimate (towards PC enthusiasts?!, who are they other than hardcore PC gamers?) really hasn't made much sense for the cost.

This comment was edited on Feb 29, 15:50.

News Comments > New Evochron Renegades
7. Re: Fun demo Feb 29, 2008, 15:26 MMORPGHoD

Hmm.. interesting. Does this game support multiplayer co-op? I see coop is mentioned once in the FAQ.

6. Re: No subject Feb 29, 2008, 13:22 MMORPGHoD

Isn't the Home Premium Home Premium @129 the most likely solution for gamers? What is in the ultimate that attracts gamers.

Yes, which makes it even more ironic because Ultimate was absolutely designed and marketed by MS for gamers. They figured the idiots would pay $500 for a video card, so why not charge them $400 for the OS.

$129 is still a dumb price because XP works great, better than Vista. Each time I use vista I can't wait to get back to XP. It's like they don't realize that XP is better...

I agree $129 is still too high for an upgrade from XP. Maybe $99 might have been the place to start, but even then there still needs to be a reason for someone to pay that and deal with all the headaches of getting everything installed and working again on Vista. That's why almost no one is using Vista unless they buy a new PC.

This comment was edited on Feb 29, 13:23.

4. Re: No subject Feb 29, 2008, 13:04 MMORPGHoD

Yup, cutting Vista Ultimate by 20% and Home Premium by 15% probably still isn't enough to get people to upgrade. I still can't believe they're charging gamers $319 for Ultimate. Great way to save PC gaming.

According to a Reuters report Vista currently accounts for less than 10 per cent of shop- or web-bought products licensed, although new PCs generally come pre-loaded with the software now.

Lol, I'm sure it's just a marketing problem. People just don't know what they're missing. Or maybe they do.

News Comments > Iron Lore Entertainment Closes
40. Re: Blamed partly on piracy Feb 29, 2008, 10:57 MMORPGHoD

I don't consider 80% on gamerankings.com panned. And the expansion was rated slightly higher than that. I played the game and the exapansion several times through in co-op mode, which is more than I can say for alot of games. Witcher actually scored a similar rating, so you can either say that game was panned as well or the rating averages over several reviewers "means shits". In which case, it's just a matter of opinion. We don't play reviews, we play the game.

2536 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo