Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phil Turney

Real Name Phil Turney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MMORPGHoD
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 02:30
Total Comments 2536 (Senior)
User ID 21344

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Unofficial Diablo 3 Countdown
8. No subject Apr 18, 2008, 10:53 MMORPGHoD

It's the fiinnaal countdown !

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pirates of the Burning Seas Server Closures
5. No subject Apr 16, 2008, 13:36 MMORPGHoD

"Hold on tight,there be stormy seas ahead"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Can't trust it Apr 14, 2008, 12:42 MMORPGHoD

My ratings go up to eleven.

News Comments > Korea ♥'s Hellgate: London
11. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2008, 11:50 MMORPGHoD

Hmmmm, someone is not telling the whole truth:
http://www.flagshipped.com/2008/03/25/hellgate-in-korea-failure-in-the-form-of-a-chart

Yup. And that trend line is not lookin too good...

http://gamechart.co.kr/hompy/m.php?mode=report&pid=962

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Speaking of cell phones... Apr 10, 2008, 15:49 MMORPGHoD

I stuck a pre-paid tracfone in my car that I only used for emergencies. Since it was only being used for that purpose, I was able to get away with paying $100 a year for the phone w/ 1 year of service and a bunch of minutes that I never used up. I would ditch the phone every year rather than buy another 1 year of service for it because it was cheaper to do so. It doesn't look like Tracfone has this deal anymore. Anyone know of a better pre-paid alternative for this purpose?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: No subject Apr 9, 2008, 14:57 MMORPGHoD

I had picked up Jade Empire: Special Edition for $7.90 when it was on sale before at gogamer. Enjoyable game if you like a Kights of the Old Republic type game, although I didn't feel the need to pause combat with JE.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Riiiiiight. Mar 29, 2008, 08:34 MMORPGHoD

Seeing as I no longer crash under XP, I really don't care who is responsible. Let me know when crashes occur under Vista just as often as under XP and I'll upgrade my gaming OS.

News Comments > Dawn of War 2 Plans
5. Re: riiight Mar 28, 2008, 10:00 MMORPGHoD

Everyone has coop as a feature until they actually create the game. I'll believe it when they release it.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 10:56.

News Comments > On the Warhammer Online Delay
8. Re: Balance? Mar 27, 2008, 23:06 MMORPGHoD

I was never very interested in this.

I had more interest in the Warhammer 40k MMO from THQ that was speculated about a year ago.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Who cares Mar 25, 2008, 15:54 MMORPGHoD

It was there as a By The Way entry, so I doubt it was offered as recent news unlike the main survey blurb about DTV which wasn't as interesting. It'll be more interesting when they switch over to digital and people start complaining about not getting their analog signal anymore.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Who cares Mar 25, 2008, 14:21 MMORPGHoD

10 out of 10 people prefer maps with locations labeled over maps without locations labeled.

Useless test unless you're the guy in that FEDEx commercial who is asked to find China on a map.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
4. Re: ... Mar 25, 2008, 11:14 MMORPGHoD

.. as opposed to the people who were directly ripping off his creation over the years and calling it D&D with nary a mention of him. Go blame the people who originally walked away with the rights for a steal.

Pretty much any fantasy based world can be partly attributed to D&D content.

News Comments > Creative: Asus EAX Support Lacking
14. Creative support is lacking Mar 25, 2008, 10:21 MMORPGHoD

Creative sucks. Period. I've had more blue screens because of the Audigy-2 than any other piece of hardware I've ever owned. I ended up swapping it out for a M-Audio revo 7.1 temporarily until something better came along.

Something better did come along. I picked up a Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Audio Card at a discount from woot.com. And no, that's not a casual gamer sound card.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: BF: Bad Company Mar 24, 2008, 23:03 MMORPGHoD

Lol, next thing you know they'll have you buy the ammo.

I'm not so sure the console players will have as much of a problem with it. They bought horse armor, didn't they?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
11. Re: SP1 is fine. Mar 22, 2008, 21:08 MMORPGHoD

My take XP is the better choice for games and Linux works for every thing else, so until DX10 offers something or Vista performance catches up with XP why bother?

I agree and I also have a laptop with Vista. Of couse, the actual Vista upgrade sales figures speak louder than our opinions do...

News Comments > Ubisoft Buys "Tom Clancy"
3. Cool Mar 20, 2008, 12:41 MMORPGHoD

Can't wait for Tom Clancy's Driver or Tom Clancy's Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements.

News Comments > More id on PC Gaming
17. Re: No subject Mar 20, 2008, 10:11 MMORPGHoD

Just looking at the WoW numbers, I believe that there are more people playing PC games than there were in the 1990s. Computers required more playing tweaking then to play games and internet was in its infancy so the mainstream really wasn't using them yet.

That said, the consoles have made it even easier to play video games and those games appeal to many more people. More people are gaming than ever before. The maximum number of PC gamers during any given year is less than the number of people playing console games today. Much less, especially with the Wii numbers added.

There were never enough hardcore PC gamers to compete with this console market, whether they stay or not.

News Comments > Sims 3 Details
6. No subject Mar 19, 2008, 13:21 MMORPGHoD

Cool, maybe this is the Sims that'll let you go to work, browse the web, and post on Blues News every day. Or how about going to work, loading up Sims, then going to work in Sims, browse the web and post on Blues News...

News Comments > LEGO Batman Trailer
9. Re: LEGO... Mar 19, 2008, 09:50 MMORPGHoD

..consoles used to be for kids too.

That said, I like the Lego series. The focus is on gameplay and "easter eggs" rather than fancy graphics. It also does co-op well.

News Comments > PC Mass Effect 2 Confirmed
32. Re: ... Mar 14, 2008, 13:16 MMORPGHoD

Well it came out for the Xbox on July 15, 2003 and the PC on November 19, 2003. Logic would suggest that it was ported to the PC. But I suppose some conspiracy theorist types might believe that it was made for the PC first but released on the Xbox first due to pressure from Microsoft.

Yea, it's not like it was announced a year before the XBox was even sold.

http://www.lucasarts.com/company/release/news20000725.html

"A New Role Playing Game For Pc And Next Generation Consoles."

Lol, you won't see announcements with the platforms in that order again. I guess it would seem like a conspiracy if you weren't around at that time following the game.

2536 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo