Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phil Turney

Real Name Phil Turney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MMORPGHoD
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 02:30
Total Comments 2536 (Senior)
User ID 21344

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > DNF Trailer (Or Lack Thereof) Follow-up
8. Re: No subject Jun 3, 2008, 10:24 MMORPGHoD

They certainly aren't fast enough to get a product out the door before it's seen as ancient compared to existing titles. I'm sure they've made several Daikatana's over the years. It's just that in the case of DNF the product was canned before anyone else was able to see it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2008, 14:16 MMORPGHoD

You're right.

http://www.mgstruefans.aimbum.net/mgs2cutscenes.html

MGS has a bunch of long cutscenes, anywhere from 1 to 15+ minutes. I haven't played MGS games and didn't realize they were that long. Blah, 15+ minutes is too long for me unless I expect to be sitting down for a real movie and not a game.

I prefer Bioshock type cutscenes where at least you're still immersed in the game.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2008, 13:55 MMORPGHoD

I think anything over 2 minutes is going to be skipped my most people anyways. I certainly don't picture a typical console gamer sitting through it.

News Comments > Vanguard Updated
28. Re: No subject May 30, 2008, 11:40 MMORPGHoD

Alot of WoW trolls are ex-fanbois who were jilted in one way or another. That's the problem with these gaming extremists. Approach games as games. Play a few months, enjoy, and walk away. When you get all emotional about it, especially if you can't even mention the name of the damn game, it's time to take a break. It's probably time to take a break from gaming in general.

News Comments > Metaverse
3. Re: Sigh, Metallica. May 30, 2008, 11:25 MMORPGHoD

Understand, regardless of the legality of napster back then, Metallica's image went from "hey, that's cool, you can throw stuff on stage.. just don't hit our beer" to "waaah, stop stealing our music". If it was another band who didn't build their reputation on being rebelious, the complaining wouldn't be as significant. Not that their image matters that much anymore. Most of their old fanbase lost interest after their music went to crap. I haven't paid attention to them for years.

News Comments > Steam Cloud Plans
37. No subject May 30, 2008, 08:43 MMORPGHoD

Yeah, I'd really like to see them save my Nostromo N52 controls. I stopped needing to play around with a game's own control configuration interface long ago. And drivers, do they know I'd like to install specific Omega drivers? Nice idea, but not useful to me.

And avoiding getting games over steam doesn't mean you're a pirate. It might mean you like to get your games from gogamer.com for 50% less than steam pricing in many cases.

News Comments > Gold - Stronghold Crusader Extreme
3. Re: ... May 23, 2008, 16:05 MMORPGHoD

Oooh oohh.. I hope they have a most extreme crusader elimination round.

Unfortunately, Firefly has been doing too much recycling with their stronghold games. Most people who have liked the stronghold series probably won't bite this time.

News Comments > Age of Conan Tips
33. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 20:28 MMORPGHoD

His review is just a copy/paste from amazon.com. A review that 5 of 45 people found helpful. Even his pros are cons.

News Comments > Dungeon Party Announced
11. Welcome to the party pal May 22, 2008, 15:05 MMORPGHoD

Been waiting for some more Dungeon Keeper type games. Keep em comin.

News Comments > Age of Conan DX10 Delay
47. Re: Blue-Ray? May 20, 2008, 15:38 MMORPGHoD

I already own 4 internal hard drives and 2 external hard drives of various sizes. Most of the external drives suck speed wise BTW. Luckily I have an external sata connection that I can use an sata drive enclosure with. I'll probably pick up yet another drive/enclosure at some point.

I'd prefer to have something more portable filed away. Then I don't need to worry about the HD going bad or getting fried by a lightning strike. An acronis image of your main drive stuck on a BR disk would be a nice fallback when everything else fails.

44. Re: Blue-Ray? May 20, 2008, 12:12 MMORPGHoD

You can get BR burners for the PC for under $200 $300, last I checked...

Yeah, definitely getting close to something worth buying. newegg.com had one for $299.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136137

Right now they're still pretty slow for burning and the higher priced ones are a bit faster. $15, yikes (I'm seeing some for $30 each), I didn't look at the BR media pricing. Those could be some expensive coasters.

41. Re: Blue-Ray? May 20, 2008, 11:28 MMORPGHoD

I don't know why people are whining for Blue-Ray support, even if it existed, there isn't a remote possibility that the game would be released on that media.

I'd like to archive 50GB of stuff on fewer discs. I hate tape drives and HDs don't last forever. The games aren't important until we get to multi DVDs. Seeing how big games like AoC are getting, we may not need to wait that long.

I don't know why people care about Vista. Stick with XP and use your Blu-ray drive with the existing software that works. Even the AoC devs do not care enough about Vista to support it any more than XP on launch day.

News Comments > WoW Graphics Reboot Coming?
36. Re: No subject May 16, 2008, 19:38 MMORPGHoD

Blizzard can sell close to that in expansions right now, both in price (BC came out at $40 and Lich King will also be $40) and quantity. And at a much lower production time and production cost. Again, it'll make more sense to them when the interest in expansions slows down.

News Comments > Gold - Mass Effect
4. Cool May 16, 2008, 16:30 MMORPGHoD

Mass effect gold has spread to the rest of the days news. It is truly a mass effect.

News Comments > WoW Graphics Reboot Coming?
29. Re: No subject May 16, 2008, 15:26 MMORPGHoD

Why would they need to put out a sequel? You said it yourself. They don't need new subscribers and they're not in any danger of losing great numbers to the competition. A sequel would be competing with themselves, not to mention they could pull an EQ2 and still end up with a dwindling total subscriber base. They can take their time and try to time a sequel when expansions aren't selling and they're down to a paltry 5 million subscribers. Will WoW still be king 3 years from now? That's the question, isn't it.

News Comments > Age of Conan Cross-Platform Support; Early Access Sold Out
29. Re: No subject May 15, 2008, 14:42 MMORPGHoD

The communication is an easy fix with the Xbox 360 communicator that attaches to the controller.

You're talking about voice chat? I use voice chat with my guild for WoW, but I don't think I'd want voice chat for WTB/WTS/LFG or class/game questions you might ask of a random player. I sure as hell wouldn't want a bunch of console players bugging me over my speakers for joining groups all the time. I prefer the nice, elegant solution of customizable chat windows that can be filters and grouped to have separate windows for whispers. Now, if AoC can perfect voice to text and voice activated macros, maybe they'd have something that could actually enhance the PC MMORPG game experience rather than dumb it down.

News Comments > Age of Conan Cross-Platform Support; Early Access Sold Out
28. Re: No subject May 15, 2008, 14:26 MMORPGHoD

Except KB/M players can use a lot more hotkeys than console players.

Exactly. I maxxed out my Nostromo N52 keys for WoW and could have added more, not to mention all the keyboard macros I added. A console controller by itself just isn't enough. The 360 chat pad would help, but I wonder how much they would support/require it in the game.

Still, I doubt the 360 would ever be able to match the flexibility of the WoW addons and that flexibility has become a standard in PC MMORPGs. Some of the UI displays that have been made for WoW are quite amazing.

News Comments > WoW: Wrath of the Lich King This Year
12. Re: They can take their time May 15, 2008, 14:07 MMORPGHoD

I'm still picking up expansions, but I play to the level cap and get burned out quickly. So, I'll probably only be playing for the first month or two after each WoW expansion. I'm sure alot of people will continue to pick up expansions to max out characters.

And yes, I think AoC has hit the right time period to release. All it needs now is for it to be good.

News Comments > WoW: Wrath of the Lich King This Year
7. Re: They can take their time May 15, 2008, 11:54 MMORPGHoD

I agree releasing your MMORPG at the same time as a WoW expansion is a bad idea. Just look at Vanguard and Burning Crusade.. even if Vangard was a good game, you can bet BC cut into their base regardless (of course, Vanguard was panned for being unfinished anyways). You've gotta catch the WoW players after they've had their fill.

This comment was edited on May 15, 11:55.

2536 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo