Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phil Turney

Real Name Phil Turney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MMORPGHoD
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 02:30
Total Comments 2536 (Senior)
User ID 21344

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Stardock's Impulse Launches
28. Re: No subject Jun 17, 2008, 18:34 MMORPGHoD

Depends on how it's designed. I only tend to fire up Impulse after a long period of inactivity to check for updates. Other than that, it isn't needed and doesn't launch when you execute a program (GCII, for instance). Steam, on the other hand, basically demands that it be running to access the library. It irritates me to no end, but it's really not a big deal.

That's how I see it too. I don't need either utility, as I finish a game (or get bored of it) before the next update is out anyways. I prefer the optional utility.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > In-Game Ad Survey
28. Re: ENOUGH of this bullshit Jun 17, 2008, 15:42 MMORPGHoD

Good idea. When they make MGS5 they can add commercials to the cutscenes.

News Comments > Spore Creature Creator Released
18. Re: Has spore changed? Jun 17, 2008, 12:08 MMORPGHoD

I think this is the video I watched, but not positive...check it out, it might change your mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA

Now that's what I was hoping it was more like. That video was from 2006. Looking at their web site and assoicated screen shots made me think they've changed direction. Hopefully not.

News Comments > Spore Creature Creator Released
16. Has spore changed? Jun 17, 2008, 11:26 MMORPGHoD

I guess I haven't been following this game at all, because I didn't realize it was going to look like this. Seems to be like some sort of pokemon designer game. For some reason I didn't think it was going to have that theme look. Nice to see a new idea, but I think I'll pass...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: No subject Jun 13, 2008, 11:31 MMORPGHoD

I'm surprised they put out a non-sequel Hulk movie so soon after the last cgi Hulk movie. Hmm.. *looks it up* 2003, seems like yesterday. I guess it's The Punisher syndrome all over again, except more frequent. Keep making movie X until you get it right. Sorta like video games..

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 11:33.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: MGS4 is... Jun 13, 2008, 10:44 MMORPGHoD

Can you skip it or do they force you to watch the cutscenes?

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost Pulled
41. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2008, 16:04 MMORPGHoD

The developers would have seen some money from sales of this game.. except they broke who knows how many intellectual property laws/rights and I'm sure violated their contract. They won't be seeing a dime more from the publisher after this happened and I'm sure any money they have been paid will be given back after the dust settles from the inevitable lawsuits coming forth.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 16:06.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
7. Re: The Endless Patch Jun 12, 2008, 14:18 MMORPGHoD

Oh let them keep patching it. I for one was glad they did when I played this a year ago. I avoided it when it was released, but picked it up on ebay when I saw how much effort was being spent on patching it by some fans. Fun game.

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost Pulled
29. Lol Jun 12, 2008, 13:53 MMORPGHoD

It's hit ebay already.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=110261371431

Just when you thought you've seen it all.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 14:15.

News Comments > NVIDIA on PC Exclusive Games
18. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2008, 13:26 MMORPGHoD

What's to stop those same criminals from stealing console games? Nothing. Anyone who does a quick internet search can see it. Consoles just happen to be a larger market and the industry currently isn't worried about it. I doubt pirates even bother to defend piracy. Why would they care? They'll just move on to the next sought after game no matter what platform it's on. I'd expect a cheaper platform you could even rent games to copy would make it easy to get games for. Especially when those games are being sold for $60+ and aren't on sale as much as PC games are at gogamer.com. I suspect pricing is another reason for leaving PC game development behind.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 13:30.

15. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2008, 13:04 MMORPGHoD

I liked Super Mario Galaxy. You can even play it semi coop with one person controlling mario and the other controlling the star pointer. For some mindless coop fun, I also enjoyed Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga for the Wii.

4. Re: Nintendo Wii Jun 10, 2008, 10:49 MMORPGHoD

It comes with Wii Sports, so you'll have fun with that. Also, pick up Wii Play. It comes with an extra remote.

News Comments > Tech Bits
14. Re: Risky business... Jun 8, 2008, 09:41 MMORPGHoD

Lol, risk. If you get hacked under XP chances are you'll get hacked under Vista as well.

1. Buy a hardware router/firewall. Everyone should have one by now.
2. Use firefox, forget IE.
3. If you're not PC savvy, then don't download/run programs you do not understand or read emails that are spam.
4. If you're paranoid, get adaware and/or spybot and run it once a week.

That'll keep you safe, XP or not. Those inventive programmers will read the Vista vulnerability reports from MS and try to take advantage them. Don't think there won't continue to be issues with Vista as well.

It is absolutely pathetic that people are using scare tactics to get more upgrades. As a developer, it just makes you laugh. They must be desparate.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Ultra-Bundle
30. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 16:51 MMORPGHoD

Hmm.. what to do today. Code up a patch or assemble some software lunch boxes. Lunch boxes it is!

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Sighting
43. Re: Working link Jun 5, 2008, 18:05 MMORPGHoD

Camaro Script ftw....

Yeah, but unless everyone runs that script you'll see the inevitable replies to his troll posts from people who haven't seen them before. A delete button would make it cleaner, not even a DELETED to see. It's probably long overdue anyways, with all the trolls before him, including that guy who kept pimping his site in automated posts.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 18:06.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Sighting
41. Re: Working link Jun 5, 2008, 17:53 MMORPGHoD

Hooked on Blues News, works for me!

And thank you nuke troll dog for the delete button.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: It's time to move on from XP Jun 5, 2008, 10:14 MMORPGHoD

File copy, while improved, is still slow. Extracting from zips using windows app built in is still a nightmare (5 minutes for 300 meg???).

And I gone through 3+ sets of drivers and WOW still BSODs the video driver on exit...

That's exactly what I want to avoid. The cost / benefit ratio currently sucks. In fact the benefit for me is currently 0 (ERROR: Divide by zero! Do not upgrade!). Maybe going from XP to Windows 7, would be more like a Win 98 to XP jump. Right now the jump to Vista seems more like a Win 98 to Win ME jump.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: It's time to move on from XP Jun 5, 2008, 08:20 MMORPGHoD

Why? For gaming I have a AMD64 X2 4200+ with 2 gigs of RAM and a 7800GTX. I'm running XP. It runs 24/7 and I cannot remember the last time I crashed. There is absolutely no reason to go to Vista. If I built a new machine, it might make sense for a DX10 card (of course whether DX10 is worth it these days is another debate). Otherwise, I'm opening myself up to problems for something I consider to be a simple application launcher for my gaming machine. MS is offering a solution that is looking for a problem that simply doesn't exist in my situation.

News Comments > Remote Game Streaming
9. No subject Jun 4, 2008, 09:45 MMORPGHoD

Lag. Coming to a single player game near you.

News Comments > DNF Trailer (Or Lack Thereof) Follow-up
34. No subject Jun 3, 2008, 13:11 MMORPGHoD

No one is going to stop bitching about DNF any more than DrEvil is going to stop bitching about people bitching about DNF. And I'm going continue to bitch about people bitching about people bitching about the game, because they're a bunch of whinny bitches too. So, keep bitching bitches. It's probably the most fun you'll have that's DNF related.

2536 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo