Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phil Turney

Real Name Phil Turney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MMORPGHoD
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 02:30
Total Comments 2536 (Senior)
User ID 21344

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Alan Wake 2 PC
3. Re: On Alan Wake 2 PC Jul 7, 2009, 20:08 MMORPGHoD

What's it been? 4 years since it was announced (for PC and 360)? And now they've decided to focus on the 360? Sounding more and more Duke Nukemish.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LucasArts Classic Rereleases
54. Re: LucasArts Classic Rereleases Jul 6, 2009, 18:06 MMORPGHoD

It's kind of a cool announcement, but really, I own most of these and have already played them so...

Even though I've already been there and done that too, I'm hoping they have the X-Wing series eventually and it sells like hot cakes. Maybe then some suit will look at the numbers and say, "hey, how come we haven't made a new game like that?".

News Comments > DiRT 2 Delayed for DirectX 11
37. Re: DiRT 2 Delayed for DirectX 11 Jul 6, 2009, 17:40 MMORPGHoD

I wouldn't want the developers to stick with an API that is 7 years old. I think many of us, after 7 years of changes, expected to see significant differences on our computer screens looking at game X running DX9 versus game X running DX11 on the same PC. That's what people are having a hard time with and that is why people still have Windows XP running DX9.

These slight performance improvements and other minor improvements after 7 or 8 years of development are quite sad actually, even if it does provide developer improvements (which of course are crushed by the developer incentive to support the more lucrative console market, which happens to be DX9).

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2009, 18:00.

News Comments > LucasArts Classic Rereleases
25. Re: LucasArts Classic Rereleases Jul 6, 2009, 14:43 MMORPGHoD

Not the titles I was expecting to see and a disappointing list thus far. Hopefully they're just testing the waters with these so they can release some real classics.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2009, 15:02.

News Comments > DiRT 2 Delayed for DirectX 11
21. Re: DiRT 2 Delayed for DirectX 11 Jul 6, 2009, 13:48 MMORPGHoD

I'll wait for the benchmark and screenshot comparisons to see if DX11 is worth a damn. DX10 wasn't anything special visually, although game developers found it to be an improvement for them.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2009, 13:52.

News Comments > Old School LucasArts Announcement Monday
39. Re: Old School LucasArts Announcement Monday Jul 4, 2009, 19:16 MMORPGHoD

No, it's gonna be a competing version of "Steam". They'll call it LucasFarts.  

News Comments > Old School LucasArts Announcement Monday
24. Re: Old School LucasArts Announcement Monday Jul 4, 2009, 14:24 MMORPGHoD

Interesting. Doesn't have to do with specific IP, but yet something asked for since before some guy worked at LucasArts. Yup, I agree it does sound like a GOG type system for LucasArts games.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 3, 2009, 18:01 MMORPGHoD

What is it with some of you guys being so sensitive, and so ego bruised whenever something is said about hardware.

Oh give me a break, this isn't some sort of isolated incident. He's been doing this for months and I'm certainly not the first person to point it out. Practically every damn topic I read has him defending his own bruised console ego when someone says something bad about consoles or starting crap when something is console only. That leads to a thread full of flames and a worthless discussion to filter through. I've avoided saying anything to avoid the crap the comes with it, but he's obviously not stopping any time soon. So, I might as well crap in his console thread and tell him he's a console elitist asshole.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2009, 18:02.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 3, 2009, 15:46 MMORPGHoD

Caveman, why do you even bother coming here? Just to troll PC gamers with your console elitism? You're always rambling about how PC gamers act so high and mighty, yet you're always the first to act like a pompous ass whenever you get the chance. I don't know if you have problems at home or what, but how about acting like what you think PC gamers should be.

This website is and has always been primarily for PC gamers with a section for console games. There are a ton of console web sites out there for e-console measurements.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2009, 15:46.

News Comments > America's Army 3 Patch Plans
10. Re: America's Army 3 Patch Plans Jun 19, 2009, 14:39 MMORPGHoD

Is this some crazy way of pacing us so we don't finish to soon and find out the multiplayer doesn't work at all?

That reminds me of the original AA. When I played that there were similar issues where you wouldn't be able to send your qualifying stats to their server and get promoted to the next training level. When new schools of training first came out I remember getting through early and playing multilayer maps where there were only a handful of us, because the rest of the masses were all still stuck trying to qualify AND get through to send their stats.

News Comments > America's Army 3 Released
16. Re: America's Army 3 Released Jun 17, 2009, 17:10 MMORPGHoD

A torrent would have been nice, and probably would have saved the taxpayers some money given that Valve isn't likely hosting the files for free.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Details?
13. Re: Max Payne 3 Details? Jun 10, 2009, 22:57 MMORPGHoD

Bah, I don't like cover systems that I have to fight with (i.e. get close to a wall and suddenly I am "stuck" to it like fly paper). I'd rather hide behind things manually in that case.

Please be longer than Max Payne 2 was.

News Comments > No Free DDO in EU
7. Re: No Free DDO in EU Jun 10, 2009, 11:57 MMORPGHoD

Maybe there's some sort of tax on free games there... or maybe it's free violent games.  

News Comments > America's Army 3 Steam Preloads
9. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 9, 2009, 19:32 MMORPGHoD

lol, rage against the machine, Slippery Jim. Truth to power!

Eh, he's just pissed that they probably won't be able to download it in germany. I was amazed how many BN trolls come from there.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Interview
23. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Interview Jun 5, 2009, 00:55 MMORPGHoD

There's no comparison to CoD when it comes to single player campaigns. L4D's "campaign" was much shorter than CoDs and not nearly as impressive. You blow through the L4D levels in coop mode. I'm sure anyone who didn't get into versus mode felt ripped off as far as the rest of L4D is concerned.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Jun 2, 2009, 18:35 MMORPGHoD

I can't wait for the Lawn Mowing and Deck Staining DLC. Until then I suppose I'll just have to be happy with mowing my own lawn.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Announced
26. Re: Crysis 2 Announced Jun 1, 2009, 12:23 MMORPGHoD

Crysis was better than Far Cry 2, but it was not better than Far Cry.  

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
9. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers May 19, 2009, 14:31 MMORPGHoD

You can also easily reproduce the problem. Click this link:

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/9-5_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe

Wow, you get the error message. Why? Because you're coming from BluesNews instead of the ATI page.

Click this link then click the download button, which links to the equivalent file above.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

Wow, it works.

Now we can debate about random bugs and all that, but it's hardly a critical "cannot download drivers with FireFox". It's more likely a problem that can happen to any browser, especially if the referring page isn't being revealed. I'd bet alot of people who bitch are using a download manager or clicking on a direct link, since it's so easy to do.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
7. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers May 19, 2009, 13:58 MMORPGHoD

I'm downloading it now with FF 3.0.010. I just clicked the link above and navigated to the eventual download link, no problems. I'm not using addons or a download manager. Some people using download managers and clicking on a direct link have reported problems. They may be checking the referring page to make sure you're coming from the AMD/ATI page before letting you download it.  

2536 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo