Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phil Turney

Real Name Phil Turney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MMORPGHoD
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 02:30
Total Comments 2536 (Senior)
User ID 21344

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost Follow-up
10. Re: No subject Jun 25, 2008, 23:03 MMORPGHoD

How can you develop a game without knowing where the art came from? Why isn't he pointing the finger at the guy who gave them the art to use in the game??? You can't just say he had no idea where all this copyrighted stuff (and there is a ton of it) came from. He must know who it is, unless they aren't the people who developed the game. Did they just take the money and subcontract it out?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: blizzard splash Jun 25, 2008, 16:08 MMORPGHoD

Well I have confirmation from inside sources that it's Blackthorne 2.

I bet I know your inside source too...

Nah, I've been around long enough to know when it's the real thing. D3 is coming and that website has just been slash-blued. Had no problems loading it up 10 mins ago, heh.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 16:10.

News Comments > Diablo 3 Rumor Du Jour
1. Yay Jun 25, 2008, 16:00 MMORPGHoD

News leaks to decent web sites > carefully orchestrated PR campaigns.

12. Re: blizzard splash Jun 25, 2008, 15:45 MMORPGHoD

If/when another update comes, it won't be long enough!

How about this for an update..

With this week's speculation over the Blizzard teasers, more and more reports in the media, and numerous tips coming direct us at IncGamers from reliable inside industry sources in the past 24 hours, we now have confirmation from inside sources to say that Diablo 3 WILL be announced on Saturday at WWI Paris 2008.

http://www.diabloii.net/

This is news I believe. All those teaser blurbs Blue and you missed the big scoop!!

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 15:48.

News Comments > New York Game Bill Passes
3. Re: Idiot Politicians Jun 25, 2008, 11:24 MMORPGHoD

Ya, it just requires a rating system, which is what the ESRB system already does in a voluntary way. Personally, I'd rather they waste their time with things like this. Imagine if these knuckleheads started messing with real issues. Government sucks.

News Comments > Spore Galactic Edition
14. Re: ... Jun 24, 2008, 13:40 MMORPGHoD

I would like to see that video clip that NiN has posted before,

He posted it in response to a comment I made in another spore thread:

I think this is the video I watched, but not positive...check it out, it might change your mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA

I enjoyed that video. It was made in 2006 btw... and it's interesting to read the comments on that page that were made over the years since the video was made. It pretty much confirmed what I was thinking when I had read the latest spore news and saw their screen shots. I think alot of people who see that video and compare it to what is being shown today have that same feeling too. We shall see...

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 13:42.

News Comments > Blizzard: Another Day, Another Tease
13. Re: revelations Jun 24, 2008, 12:48 MMORPGHoD

Come on guys. The same splash appears on worldofwarcraft.com. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this is for WOTLK. I mean are gamers seriously thinking this is Diablo III? This rumor is being stretched big time.

Silence unbeliever! When the great rift is opened, you will discover the secret message that lies within: "Buy more ovaltine!"

News Comments > id: User Content "Not a Huge Consideration"
12. Re: ... Jun 24, 2008, 12:33 MMORPGHoD

I'm interested in seeing what id has to offer just because I want to see some variation from all these UE3 based games.

News Comments > Blizzard: Another Day, Another Tease
10. Re: It's Coming........ Jun 24, 2008, 11:44 MMORPGHoD

99% guaranteed that everyone will be disappointed.

Absolutely. Playing the speculation game is more entertaining.

News Comments > Call Of Duty: World At War Co-op Revealed
27. Re: Hmm... Jun 23, 2008, 20:42 MMORPGHoD

CoD3 wasn't released on the PC and that's a good thing. The reviews certainly weren't that good when compared to CoD2, for good reason from what I experienced. And I'll tell you right now there will never be another System Shock because of consolitis and the fact that games like that are remembered more fondly with time.

Didn't Gray Matter merge with Treyarch ? I'd prefer that Call Of Duty: World At War be developed by Infinity Ward, who made CoD2. Treyarch will probably botch this one.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 20:45.

26. The Caffeine Click Test Jun 23, 2008, 19:14 MMORPGHoD

245 times in 30 seconds.

One finger, but it was more of a pulsating click mode instead of normal clicks.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 19:15.

News Comments > Blizzard Tease - Updated
32. Re: WOTLK Jun 23, 2008, 16:11 MMORPGHoD

I find it hilarious that EVERYONE wants this to be Diablo III to the point where they see hell in an image that clearly is not about Hell.

Like Sifter said, maybe hell hath frozen over!

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 16:11.

21. Re: No subject Jun 23, 2008, 15:44 MMORPGHoD

Don't forget to put it on steam only and hire DS to develop it.

16. Re: Hmm... Jun 23, 2008, 13:55 MMORPGHoD

I don't care about the quality of the game. A WW2 shooter is still a WW2 shooter and the setting is what I'm tired of.

List: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_video_games

That's a nice long list, until you realize how many of those FPS titles aren't even on the PC. It's a smaller list when it comes to PC FPS titles in the last 3 years.

I avoid playing poor quality shooters and I don't own a 360/PS3/PSP/DS, so I guess my criteria isn't the same as yours. I'm actually more tired of the modern/future FPS themes because that's what I've played the most recently. There certainly isn't the focus on WWII themed games above all else like there was in years past.

10. Re: Hmm... Jun 23, 2008, 13:09 MMORPGHoD

Co-op doesn't change the fact that this is yet another WW2 shooter.

Riiight, because we've been getting inundated by all these WW2 shooters lately. Nevermind that we have BF2/BF2142, CoD4, QW:ET, Crysis, Far Cry 2, UT3, HL2/TF2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., F.E.A.R. and other less popular FPS games out there that are not WW2 shooters. Sorry, but that complaint is no longer valid these days. Or were you joking?

It's been almost 3 years since CoD2 was released and I don't recall seeing any decent AAA WW2 shooter titles since. There have been some of the newer MOH series games, which were more disappointing than decent IMO.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 13:15.

News Comments > Mass Effect DRM Issues?
6. Re: DRM Issues Jun 18, 2008, 22:36 MMORPGHoD

Obviously that guy is a pirate and he's trying to get EA to allow him to run his pirated copy! Burn the witch! Burn him!

The only thing I'm surprised about is that it took this long before seeing this topic. Seemed to happen alot sooner with Bioshock.

News Comments > Deer Hunter Tournament
7. Tournament Jun 18, 2008, 14:19 MMORPGHoD

Hmm.. I thought maybe they got around to having a version where the deer fight back. Now that'd be something to see..

News Comments > Spector on Long Games
7. Re: No subject Jun 18, 2008, 11:10 MMORPGHoD

Spector hasn't be relevant for some time. As we've seen time and time again, they make some money and retire from real game development. After all, why stick around doing real work after you've finally achieve some financial independence?

The problem is, they don't walk away completely and end up looking foolish. People still think these guys are as serious as they once were when in fact they've been sitting back and enjoying their wealth.

News Comments > Princess Bride Game Tomorrow
4. Re: Dear God... Jun 17, 2008, 20:29 MMORPGHoD

This game is mostly dead.

2536 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo