Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phil Turney

Real Name Phil Turney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MMORPGHoD
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 02:30
Total Comments 2536 (Senior)
User ID 21344

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > EA: Second-Hand Games a "Critical Situation"
37. No subject Aug 28, 2008, 19:46 MMORPGHoD

Next you'll gogamer.com's 48 hr madness is a serious threat.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Video Games Contribute to Pro Tennis Split
1. No subject Aug 28, 2008, 10:42 MMORPGHoD

"I donít play video games."

You don't play pro tennis anymore either.

So the guy plays video games in his spare time. And I guess he's not the stereotypical slob on the couch playing games if he's able to perform at #1 in UK tennis. Be glad he doesn't get bored and spend all his free time boozing and doing drugs. It's alot easier to walk away from games than drugs, especially if you get jaded. Enjoy it while the feeling lasts.

News Comments > DNF "Coming Together"
21. No subject Aug 26, 2008, 23:58 MMORPGHoD

Yeah, almost done... just a few more tweaks.. a little more polish... just one more engine revision.

There. That should cover George B. comments for the next 5 years.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Movie
3. Re: No subject Aug 26, 2008, 16:24 MMORPGHoD

Winhammer for the war.

News Comments > Halo 4 and Gearbox?
6. No subject Aug 26, 2008, 10:56 MMORPGHoD

Sure. Throw in the IP for Myth and we'll trade you Gearbox for Bungie.

News Comments > More on WAR Credits
18. Re: Mythic = Jerks Aug 25, 2008, 19:49 MMORPGHoD

How petty, selfish, vindictive, and egomaniacal do you have to be to not even put the names of a few people in the credits of your game?

It does sound kinda spiteful for them to do this. I can only assume there must have been some sort of problem with certain personnel. In any case, I was already uninterested in RvR 2.0. I still feel burnt out on DAoC and I haven't played it in years. This just makes it even easier to ignore it.

News Comments > Fallout 3 in October
16. Re: FO3 Aug 20, 2008, 16:38 MMORPGHoD

The game will get mods whether they officially support it or not. If it really does look like Oblivion with guns, then it might not be that difficult to do (especially if they don't bother trying to differentiate it from Oblivion tools/resources).

News Comments > Fallout 3 in October
1. FO3 Aug 20, 2008, 15:41 MMORPGHoD

Sounds good to me.

News Comments > 7Million Revealed
3. Re: its foreign! Aug 20, 2008, 15:40 MMORPGHoD

I can't even get to their web page. Maybe 7 million people are flooding it.

News Comments > Diablo III Q&A
5. Re: No subject Aug 15, 2008, 11:00 MMORPGHoD

Even more strangely, when was the last time a mainstream non-gaming outlet paid any attention to PC-only games? Granted, it's a AAA title, but it's still unusual.

I think that's an unexpected side effect of console gaming going mega-mainstream with more people than ever getting a taste of gaming. With all these new gamers waiting for the next console AAA title, they're more likely to pay attention to AAA PC titles as well. That, and Blizzard's World of Warcraft being a big market to tap into for other games.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 11:14.

News Comments > Gold - Spore
40. Re: DRM Aug 14, 2008, 22:34 MMORPGHoD

As for Spore, for a game with so much hype, we've really not seen ANYTHING new in what... a year or so? That's usually not a good sign. It's like EA and Maxis know that there's very little actual gameplay in it, and just hope to sell a shitload of copies off the hype alone before words gets out that it's a level of pacman, a level of marginal civ and a creature creator, and that's it.

My thoughts exactly. It's not a good sign. Let's hope we're wrong, but unfortunately the odds are on the side of suckiness lately.

Link or it isn't true.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/05/07/1523242&from=rss

See? Suckiness is in abundance these days.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 22:39.

News Comments > Gold - Spore
2. Re: I dunno... Aug 14, 2008, 14:01 MMORPGHoD

Don't have very good vibes about this at all. Gamerankings.com has nothing recent and all the previews are from 2005. For something that has just gone gold, there's very little out there in actual gameplay details that's recent. That usually means it's going to disappoint.. and they know it.

News Comments > Khronos Hopes for More Streamlined OpenGL 3.1
4. Re: Games vs. CAD Aug 14, 2008, 13:39 MMORPGHoD

probably, because it isn't for just CAD

OK. Let me rephrase:

Just state OpenGL is for CAD development isn't for PC game development and be done with it.

I think DirectX has no real competition

Exactly. DX10 may have been disappointing to gamers including myself, but it's at least focused on PC gaming. OpenGL isn't nor would I expect it to be in the future. And I say that as someone who was hoping to see OpenGL offer some sort of alternative to Microsoft's offerings. Not gonna happen.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 13:54.

News Comments > Khronos Hopes for More Streamlined OpenGL 3.1
1. Games vs. CAD Aug 14, 2008, 11:41 MMORPGHoD

What I don't understand is, why are they continuing to give game developers false hope? Stop stringing them along. Just state OpenGL is for CAD development and be done with it. They aren't fooling anyone anymore.

News Comments > OpenGL 3.0 Specs Released, Unhappiness Ensues
18. Re: Square pegs, round holes Aug 12, 2008, 14:43 MMORPGHoD

PS3 uses OpenGL ES.

Isn't that essentially a stripped down OpenGL API? Not that OpenGL ES is going to be of any help to PC gaming. Maybe OpenGL ES is more likely to push the envelope for gaming if that's what Sony's next console will be using for SDKs. Otherwise, I'd expect MS to outpace them in API development and capability with DX11+ for their next iteration.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 15:03.

16. Re: Square pegs, round holes Aug 12, 2008, 14:14 MMORPGHoD

Given that id is looking to the console market, the recent developments of OpenGL to retain their existing CAD developer base while basically telling game developers "go away, we're not the API you're looking for", the need to support DX if you're ever going to support the 360, and yadda yadda yadda.. can you blame Carmack? I can't. He stuck by OpenGL longer than most and from a business point of view, probably longer than he should have. The OpenGL gang is happy milking what they have.

1. API war Aug 12, 2008, 11:45 MMORPGHoD

The war was already lost, unfortunately. Even the marginal improvements of DX10 weren't enough to bring OpenGL back in the picture as far as games are concerned. OpenGL will stay primarily a CAD API and that sucks. I don't expect much in the future from DX without any competition. Any major improvements will be console driven.

News Comments > Extreme Gamers Pretty Extreme: NPD
4. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2008, 11:47 MMORPGHoD

100 PSP owners, 45 of them have DS, 45%.

200 DS owners, 42 of them have PSP 21%.. or to match that 45 PSP number, 210 DS owners and 45 PSP for 21%.

There are more DS owners out there than PSP, with a ratio of around 2:1. Even if the owners completely overlapped, you'd have 100% of PSP owners that also have a DS and 50% of DS owners that also have a PSP.

edit: pretty much what blue said

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 11:54.

News Comments > New Creative Labs ALchemy
18. Re: No subject Aug 9, 2008, 18:44 MMORPGHoD

I owned a Audigy 2 until I was fed up with driver issues and crashes. Part of the problem is at the time there weren't any alternatives that provided the same support. I ended up changing to a M-Audio Revolution 7.1, even though it wasn't a gaming card, supporting only up to EAX2. It was however, stable. I had thought my next card was going with the much improved on-board audio chips, but I ended up getting a good deal on a Razer Barracuda AC-1 on Woot. So far I'm happy with it.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 18:47.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Vehicle Combat Coming
6. Re: What? Aug 8, 2008, 11:31 MMORPGHoD

Gotta love comments by clueless jackasses that don't play the game. Yes, there's maybe three servers that have what I would call a "robust" population. But the fact remains, it's a minority of people that want server mergers. But as is the norm in any MMO, the ones that cry and complain the loudest will get heard, if for any other reason to shut their whiny asses the fuck up.

Come, boy, see for yourself. From here, you will witness the final destruction of SWG and the end of your insignificant server population. You want this, don't you?

* Takes a Battle of Echo Base game box and lights it on fire *

The hate is swelling in you now. Take your PC keyboard. Use it. I am unarmed. Flame me now with it. Give in to your anger! With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.
LOLOL
This comment was edited on Aug 8, 11:32.

2536 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo