Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phil Turney

Real Name Phil Turney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MMORPGHoD
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 02:30
Total Comments 2536 (Senior)
User ID 21344

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Even Ensemble Doesn't Understand Their Closure
9. Re: Ok I'm confuzzled.. Nov 17, 2008, 15:01 MMORPGHoD

I'd just assume MS avoid buying up that "niche" franchise next time. They certainly aren't doing PC gamers any favors, even if they do own the OS used to play the games on.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Demo Patched
7. Re: Left 4 Dead Demo Patched Nov 15, 2008, 16:11 MMORPGHoD

Sounds like this game has been infected by consolitis, a disease that turns games that could have been a good, solid game on a PC into a weak, mediocre game due to console compromises. Can't worry about that too much though. I already have more PC games than I can play.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2008, 16:12.

News Comments > WoW: Wrath of the Lich King Live
12. Re: WoW: Wrath of the Lich King Live Nov 13, 2008, 14:13 MMORPGHoD

How many spend 4 hours on AVERAGE a day bitching about Blizzard games on Bluesnews? At least one is Blizz bitch ADDICT !

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2008, 14:16.

News Comments > Call of Duty: World at War Patch
9. Re: DRM Nov 11, 2008, 11:54 MMORPGHoD

From what I gather it's going to be like what CoD4 had.  

4. Re: Call of Duty: World at War Patch Nov 11, 2008, 11:17 MMORPGHoD

Personally I thought Gothic 3 would've been in catagory 1 or 1.5 (patched too damn late for me to care about). 2 is good enough for me, because I rarely replay a game enough to notice what they add to the game 6 months later, unless I wait that long to buy it. That's probably when it's a gogamer deal.  

2. Re: Call of Duty: World at War Patch Nov 11, 2008, 10:53 MMORPGHoD

Meh, patches on release day are pretty much standard now. There are too many bug ridden releases that take forever to get patched as it is, so this could actually be positive if they've hit the big problems. All I care about is whether it's playable the day I get it, patched or not.

Has anyone heard much about this thing? No reviews yet and the only thing I hear is it's basically CoD4 w/ WWII skins. There's some mention of CoOp though, which makes it interesting to me.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2008, 10:55.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Sells Big
32. Re: Wow Nov 6, 2008, 11:19 MMORPGHoD

I just want to know if the game is financially successful and that any future work will still be released on the PC? I think the answer to those questions are yes and yes.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
88. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2008, 12:28 MMORPGHoD

With the financial crisis and the USA involved in military actions in at least three countries right now, the USA is going to fall into a hole for the next 5 to 10 years. Let the democrats have the presidency for those 5 or 10 years of pain and anguish, so people associate democrats with pain and anguish.

Wow, sounds like you're setting yourselves up for failure already. If you can't do the job over the next 4 years, then get the fuck out of the way. I can't stand people who make excuses. Do the job or don't bother running for the office.

News Comments > DX3 Dev: Deus Ex was "Kinda Slow"
47. Re: DX3 Dev: Deus Ex was Oct 22, 2008, 14:35 MMORPGHoD

Is anyone really surprised? I mean come on, how many times have we seen this. Be happy they didn't pull a shadowrun and just slap a name on something completely.. hmm.. maybe they have.

Consolbastardization, coming to a famed PC game franchise near you.

News Comments > Alan Wake Trailer
8. Re: Alan Wake Trailer Oct 21, 2008, 15:24 MMORPGHoD

By the time this thing sees the light of day they'll be launching Windows 7.

News Comments > Dead Space PC Controls Nerfed?
72. Re: Dead Space PC Controls Oct 20, 2008, 15:51 MMORPGHoD

Not my kind of game anyways. Any game where I feel like I'm fighting the controls rather than enjoying the game is too frustrating. I still do not believe this is what we would ended up with if the PS3 and 360 had kb/m interfaces that were primarily supported.

Hurry up and invent holodecks so we can stop accepting such gimpy game designs.

News Comments > Dead Space PC Controls Nerfed?
70. Re: Dead Space PC Controls Oct 20, 2008, 14:04 MMORPGHoD

not having standardized controls on the PC is inexcusable

That about sums it up. It's obviously another half ass PC port.

"we feel itís in the best ability for the players to match what the console experience is like" ... and not have to do additional work in porting it to the PC.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2008, 14:05.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: No subject Oct 17, 2008, 16:19 MMORPGHoD

What's the name of the ship?

USS Enterprise (NCC-90201)?

News Comments > On Open-World Co-op Support
15. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 20:46 MMORPGHoD

Personally I like paying for quality coop games.

That's fine if there are actually PC coop games in existence to choose from. The last PC coop game I played was GoW, which wasn't anything special other than the fact it had coop. And there isn't a GoW 2 coming for the PC, which some may be happy about. In any case, I expect even fewer coop games to get ported to the PC in the future, as fewer games get ported to the PC in general.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2008, 20:51.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 18:17 MMORPGHoD

If they remove the hours of cutscenes I might actually want to play the game. I know some people like that kind of thing, but I hit ESC more often than not in long cutscenes.

News Comments > Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway ATI Bug
20. No subject Oct 15, 2008, 20:21 MMORPGHoD

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2008, 20:34.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 DRM Follow-up
89. Re: ... Oct 15, 2008, 17:08 MMORPGHoD

If it's all the same, get rid of auto-aim. Thx.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 DRM Follow-up
37. No subject Oct 15, 2008, 11:52 MMORPGHoD

I can't remember the last time I pre-ordered anything. I think I went to a store for WoW on launch. All my purchases now are deals on gogamer.com and by the time it's discounted the first round of bugs are fixed too. DRM, meh. I played Bioshock, actived, played, uninstalled, shelved forver. Aside from bargains, I don't plan on making many PC game purchases in the future. DRM is just an annoyance and part of a larger picture of growing PC gaming indifference. Maybe it's me or just being jaded, but the games aren't the same anymore. It's getting easier and easier to wait for a bargain or avoid the game altogether. Boycotting is a noble sentiment, but it's not likely to change much. The trend has already begun where the big publishers aren't even bothering to port to the PC and that's all I think a successful boycott would accomplish. It'll be more games like ones from Stardock and maybe that is a good thing.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Preorder Discounts
1. No subject Oct 14, 2008, 20:40 MMORPGHoD

If you have any questions about your purchase of the Far Cry 2 (Pre-Order) download, our support staff is always here to answer your questions!

Question of the day: OMG WTF IS THIS DRM CRAP !?!

News Comments > Gold - Far Cry 2
1. Nice Oct 14, 2008, 12:41 MMORPGHoD

Very nice. I'll have to pick this one up. Haven't played many FPS lately.

2536 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo