Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phil Turney

Real Name Phil Turney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MMORPGHoD
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 02:30
Total Comments 2536 (Senior)
User ID 21344

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming
35. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 20:24 MMORPGHoD

try to get in/buy before March 15. I believe that is when the deal for the LE/free unlocks is up.

How does that work? You buy the game and get some sort of unlock code or any account created before March 15th gets the free unlocks?

Edit: ah, I see what you mean, the LE (more expensive Limited Edition) on steam has the unlocks. Btw: gogamer has the regular version for sale, $42.90

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2010, 20:30.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock 2 MP Details: No LAN or Dedicated Servers
13. Re: BioShock 2 MP Details: No LAN or Dedicated Servers Jan 27, 2010, 19:07 MMORPGHoD

Wasn't expecting much in the way of multiplayer anyways, since it's the successor to a single player only game.

The PC version of Bioshock 2 has coop though, correct?

News Comments > Hellgate: London Business Model Undetermined
4. Re: Hellgate: London Business Model Undetermined Jan 19, 2010, 11:15 MMORPGHoD

Bleh. I don't see the second time around improving any more than the first. I'd rather play Torchlight single player.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2010, 11:25.

News Comments > Avatar Game: What Went Wrong
46. Re: Avatar Game: What Went Wrong Jan 17, 2010, 11:15 MMORPGHoD

Saw the movie and hadn't paid attention to any reviews prior to watching it. I thought it was enjoyable. The visuals are what made it enjoyable to me. If I had seen it without the 3D effects, then I'd probably call it mediocre like the Wing Commander movie.  

News Comments > America's Army Game Cost $32 Million
11. Re: America's Army Game Cost $32 Million Dec 9, 2009, 12:27 MMORPGHoD

Compared to how the "stimulus" money has been spent, it's a bargain.  

News Comments > PC Deus Ex 3 Follow-up
1. Re: PC Deus Ex 3 Follow-up Nov 27, 2009, 12:43 MMORPGHoD

I'd be happy with something that was designed for the PC from the ground up rather than a console port. "Exclusives" are hardly exclusive these days anyways.  

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive?
30. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 25, 2009, 21:06 MMORPGHoD

Even though the console market is larger, consoles are getting more and more dated again as the years go by with the similar games piling up on the same tired unchanged platform. I'm not surprised that some developers might want to take full advantage of things like the latest and up and coming video cards, multi-core CPUs, or DX11/Win7. If not Deus Ex 3, then some other AAA title will start the PC game resurgence until the "nextgen" consoles show up again.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2009, 21:07.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Tomorrow
15. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Tomorrow Nov 9, 2009, 12:06 MMORPGHoD

Normally I would predict a title like this PC version with its problems would be significantly discounted in a week or two on gogamer.com's 48 hour madness sale. However, I'm wondering how much the steam requirement will keep prices high. It's already ridiculously priced right now at $60 on gogamer.  

News Comments > Force Feedback Bra
14. Re: Force Feedback Bra Oct 29, 2009, 23:52 MMORPGHoD

Makes for a great x-mas gift for your wife or girlfriend. You'll win every deathmatch game as she begs you to shoot her.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Status
20. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Status Oct 28, 2009, 16:06 MMORPGHoD

Supposedly the demo will be out at 1PM 2PM 6PM PST...

Fixed. They delayed it yet again, another 4 hours.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2009, 17:43.

17. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Status Oct 28, 2009, 13:17 MMORPGHoD

This thread reminds me of the Borderlands forums last Friday at lunch, good times.

Bah, the steam forums are much better if you're looking for angry rants.

http://www.l4d.com/forums.html

Supposedly the demo will be out at 1PM PST...

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2009, 13:20.

15. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Status Oct 28, 2009, 10:24 MMORPGHoD

Seeing people's demo pre-loads reset and the additional delays make me wonder if the game itself is ready for prime time. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be, because it's basically the same assets/engine/gameplay/UI as L4D.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans
46. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans Oct 7, 2009, 22:57 MMORPGHoD

Is it safe to assume the developer gets a larger percentage of the proceeds from the sale of the DLC than the retail game itself? If so, that would be a good thing.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2009, 22:58.

News Comments > Aion Presales Soar
46. Re: Aion Presales Soar Sep 17, 2009, 19:39 MMORPGHoD

Auto Assault, meh. Lineage series, not for me. Tabula Rasa, dead. CoH was good for some I guess. The Guild Wars expansions are probably the only NCSoft published titles that I considered very successful. Otherwise, NCSoft games seem mediocre to me. Then again, everything seems mediocre compared to WoW (which I am completely sick of now unfortunately).

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2009, 19:40.

News Comments > Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed
34. Re: Lucidity PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 22:22 MMORPGHoD

Hmm.. nothing more to add to these comments except...

Hush now, don't you cry
Wipe away the teardrop from your eye
You're lying safe in bed
It was all a bad dream
Spinning in your head
Your mind tricked you to feel the pain
Of someone close to you leaving the game of life
So here it is, another chance
Wide awake you face the day
Your dream is over... or has it just begun?

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live
30. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live Sep 9, 2009, 20:18 MMORPGHoD

Hmm.. let's see. They crashed and burned by charging too much for instanced crap. And now they essentially want you to pay even more, except they think you're too stupid enough to realize this after a months worth of buying points to continue playing. This would probably have failed even if it was free, but these changes pretty much guarantee it.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Sep 6, 2009, 16:40 MMORPGHoD

Yeah, a separate page might be better. Replace the '.plan Updates' page that's rarely used now.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - CrimeCraft
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - CrimeCraft Aug 26, 2009, 09:21 MMORPGHoD

This just goes to show you that adding "Craft" to the end of your game's title doesn't make it good.  

News Comments > CEO Bets Hair Victoria 2 is a Loser
21. Re: CEO Bets Hair Victoria 2 is a Loser Aug 23, 2009, 09:58 MMORPGHoD

Given that Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun (made in 2003) and Victoria: Revolutions (made in 2006) both averaged 60% on gamerankings.com, I would say Victoria 2 being a loser is a safe bet. The surprising part is he admits what he was thinking.  

News Comments > The Force Unleashed on PCs
39. Re: The Force Unleashed on PCs Jul 25, 2009, 15:24 MMORPGHoD

I remember when this game was first announced and I thought it might be an interesting game to pick up for the PC. Then they said they wouldn't be releasing it on the PC. And now after we find out that it was a mediocre title (as seen from the ratings on gamerankings.com), they decided that the PC is good enough for it after all. Bah. I'll wait for it at $5 at gogamer.com, if I get it at all.  

2536 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo