Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Phil Turney

Real Name Phil Turney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MMORPGHoD
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 02:30
Total Comments 2536 (Senior)
User ID 21344

User comment history
< Newer [ 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ] Older >

News Comments > SiN Episodes Q&A
11. Re: Fitting Dec 21, 2006, 22:44 MMORPGHoD

At 19 bucks it went straight to the shit bin in many places.

Exactly where it deserved to be.

Hah, I was going to quote the same thing. I think episodic gaming belongs there as well. On paper it might look nice, especially for the bean counters, in practice with inevitable delays it doesn't work too well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > America's Army: Coalition Released
7. Re: Coalition? Dec 21, 2006, 17:08 MMORPGHoD

Let's forget politics in gaming forums.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.1 Dec 21, 2006, 11:39 MMORPGHoD

http://www.videosift.com/video/Squirrel-attacks-deer-14-sec

Holy shit!

He's comin for batman next. Better have that holy hand grenade ready...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Wii Dec 20, 2006, 22:36 MMORPGHoD

Price for one. I bought a Wii and it was my first console since a PS1. Having 3x more units out there than a PS3 gives more incentive to next gen game makers as well.

News Comments > Perpetual Layoffs, Gods & Heroes Delay
16. Re: No subject Dec 15, 2006, 11:10 MMORPGHoD

How many game sequels have we seen that are developed by completely different studios (because the publisher/dev disagreements)? How many times have we seen layoffs after a release?

I searched and found an article someone wrote seven years ago and I still think it's true today.

Job stability is another thing that is lacking in the computer games field. It seems to be a common practice in small development companies to lay off the entire development team upon completion of a project. Usually this is because a small development company can only afford to pay salaries while a project is actually being funded by an outside source. It takes a long time to negotiate such a contract, and often the previous product finishes before the negotiations are complete. As a result, the development company has no choice but to unburden itself of workers who aren't producing any revenue. As a result of this high turnover rate, development companies are unable to maintain a solid body of institutional knowledge. Worse, it inclucates a sense of futility in the engineering staff. As one worker put it: "If you ship, you'll be fired." Don't get me wrong. I still like games. But the games industry isn't games.

http://slashdot.org/features/99/08/20/143215.shtml

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
20. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 20:29 MMORPGHoD

Yeah, the only ones that are allowed to partake in cruel and unusual activites are the criminals

Yup, and once he enters the general population in prison, he'll find out what that means. Even criminals have standards.

15. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 18:19 MMORPGHoD

Right, why on earth would I have even thought the term syndrome could be associated with disease.

syn·drome
–noun
1. Pathology, Psychiatry. a group of symptoms that together are characteristic of a specific disorder, disease, or the like.

Sure, there are multiple definitions of syndrome, but to tell me the word syndrome never has anything to do with disease is just plain wrong. Let's say I punch you in the face. Do you think we should call that face deformation syndrome or simple assault?

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 18:19.

10. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 15:39 MMORPGHoD

There is no such thing as "crime prevention".

Exactly, it's called being responsible for ones own actions. That is something that society does not seem to stress these days. That brings up a pet peeve of mine, Shaken Baby Syndrome. Why exactly do we need this fancy term that implies some sort of disease? When I hear it I feel like it's some sort of politically correct bullshit. I call it the worst kind of abuse.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Skinny
8. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2006, 14:31 MMORPGHoD

Who did you inherit your 'pissed off' genes from?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2006, 14:05 MMORPGHoD

The console owners do seem to be more likely to abuse their units and do stupid things with them, but these consoles were supposed to make life easier with their standard components. It's too bad those components are more faulty than most PCs (at least from reading all those complaints of errors with graphic intensive games it sure seems like it) and unlike PCs, you can't just drop in a replacement video card. People are used to buying the same console 2 or 3 times. Not cool.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 14:33.

News Comments > Silverfall French Patch
1. Missed this one Dec 13, 2006, 22:42 MMORPGHoD

I remember the name, but do not know much about this game. It doesn't seem to be released in NA yet. I liked Titan Quest, so this looks interesting.

News Comments > The Continuum Announced
3. Ha Dec 12, 2006, 12:25 MMORPGHoD

I first read this as The Q Continuum Announced.

News Comments > Fallout MMORPG?
27. Re: No subject Dec 12, 2006, 10:26 MMORPGHoD

They were talking about this 2 years ago, back when they weren't able to pay their employees. Given the difficulty of getting a MMORPG out the door, let alone being successful, Interplay has no chance of pulling this off.

News Comments > Gearbox & Obsidian on Aliens?
3. Re: No subject Dec 11, 2006, 23:32 MMORPGHoD

KHHaaaaaannnn !

http://khaaan.com/

News Comments > New Alien Games
40. Aliens 2 pwned Dec 11, 2006, 16:27 MMORPGHoD

After all, Blue's dog was in it.

That's it man, game over man, game over!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Heroes Dec 7, 2006, 18:02 MMORPGHoD

Yep, they definitely are milking it, especially with this long break.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Heroes Dec 7, 2006, 15:55 MMORPGHoD

I don't think people have alot of confidence in the writers of Lost finishing the story in a proper way that explains everything. Oh come on, a killer cloud!? The more you watch it, the more "lost" you get. It's more likely it'll be abandoned and left to die a horrible story line death, just like another J.J. Abrams show, Alias.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. 360 vs PS3 Dec 7, 2006, 14:45 MMORPGHoD

At first glace of those screen shot comarisons, there isn't much different between the two in graphics. The 360 has an edge in shadows with Madden, but from what I see as a PC gamer it just looks like one has a higher gamma correction than the other in a given screen shot. In any case, I'm happy with PC gaming and my Wiivo console until I go HD. Then, it looks like I'll go the Wii360 route. I don't see a reason to spend that much more $ for a PS3.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 14:53.

News Comments > Crysis Delayed
17. Re: No subject Dec 7, 2006, 12:09 MMORPGHoD

No biggie, too many games in my queue as it is.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: keylogger? Dec 6, 2006, 12:15 MMORPGHoD

I've had things like that happen before, but it wasn't a keylogger or malware. Sometimes the keyboard gets stuck in caps lock mode (everything you type is if you're holding down the shift key) and the only way to get out of it is to press shift, control, and ALT a bunch of times or reboot. It could be the result of running some buggy software or maybe some wacky thing with XP and the keyboard driver.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 12:16.

2536 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 57.
< Newer [ 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo