Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tony

Real Name Tony   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dalumberjack
Email donthet@comcast.net
ICQ None given.
Description I work on my car a lot. I drive a Subaru WRX 03' and have a lot of modifications. Like my car I work on my comp a lot and build them for a lot of people. My comp as well is modified =).
Drive Fast Take Chances
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2004, 20:19
Total Comments 110 (Novice)
User ID 21343

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer
5. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 10:23 Dalumberjack

RIP....

We miss you WestWood

I never wanted to do this job in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Seq
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA's Command & Conquer Domain Spree
1. Re: EA's Command & Conquer Domain Spree Dec 4, 2011, 17:11 Dalumberjack

Just please don't be some F2P game. Just go with a Generals theme or I'd even take a remake of the original by now. Would be nice to play what started it all with updated graphics and some mechanics.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2011, 07:57.

I never wanted to do this job in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Seq

News Comments > Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced
30. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 19:47 Dalumberjack

Am I one of the few that miss the Rogue Spear days? I wish people still played that version.

It would be awesome if they did a remake or this new installment that was somewhat faithful to the old ways of the series.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Update
2. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 18:05 Dalumberjack

AAhhhhh! Tell us more!  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Trailer
6. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Trailer May 28, 2011, 16:28 Dalumberjack

can watch the video on youtube now:

[url=]http://youtu.be/eD2NLHp50a0[/url]

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Trailer
4. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Trailer May 28, 2011, 16:12 Dalumberjack

video removed. We need another source  

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming
1. Re: Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming Apr 8, 2011, 18:55 Dalumberjack

release it... 10 months from now.. when it was supposed to be released with the damn game.. Stupid consoles and taking the attention of the developers away from working on dx11.

/ end rant

Hardware > Need a new monitor
1. Need a new monitor Feb 7, 2011, 01:57 Dalumberjack

Ok, so I have Googled the hell out of looking for the best gaming monitor. Seems most of the monitors I find are no longer in production or are not for sale anymore. What happened to 1920 x 1200 16:10 monitors?!? Seems the computer world is trying to turn into the TV one and making us use TV monitors with this 1080p stuff.
I really want a 1920 x 1200 monitor decent for gaming. 16:10 is a plus. I think I found what I want but I am looking for a second opinion and any other suggestion.

The two I am stuck between is the Dell SP2309W [url=]http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/dell-sp2309w/4505-3174_7-33456038.html[/url]

And this Dell U2410 [url=]http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/dell-ultrasharp-u2410/4505-3174_7-33772972.html[/url]

I know the U2410 is the newer one but it has some issues with tint etc... While the SP2309w is not made anymore and is a little harder to find, it has a high resolution which is a plus (is the resolution normal or is it one of those of shoot ones?). Both seem to have no lag for gaming. I'm just not sure which one is the best choice.
Any other options or opinions is appreciated. I don't want to spend more than $600. If i did, I would buy the Dell U2711... that thing makes me drool.

Current monitor is the Gateway FHD2400. Don't know if anyone knows this monitor. I thought it was ok until I just read all the reviews and how bad the color is and stuff. Main reason for upgrade is building new machine and wifey gets old one and the old monitor.

ADDED: I am not too sure of 3d gaming hence why you don't see any 3d monitors that I was looking at. haven't tried it and really don't feel the need too unless I am really REALLY missing out on something.

News Comments > Crysis II System Requirements
18. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 15:02 Dalumberjack

it says minimum requirements guys. you would need these hardware requirements just to be able to play which isn't too bad. We should be more interested in the suggested or recommended requirements for the game.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
3. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Jan 18, 2011, 16:35 Dalumberjack

"updated HD audio" When did my video card start out putting audio?!? News to me!

LittleMe wrote on Jan 18, 2011, 16:09:
Optional nickname wrote on Jan 18, 2011, 16:01:
Nvidia Catalyst?

Yes, NVIDIA and AMD merged. This is their stealthy announcement. zing!

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
2. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Dec 30, 2010, 12:51 Dalumberjack

Techie714 wrote on Dec 30, 2010, 11:19:
This looks so cool, i just wish it had a single player component with it. also what ever happened to that awesome video we all saw about a year ago with the new Mechwarrior IP?

no one has heard a thing since they got sued about the video. It had certain "mechs" in it that were from the original battle tech universe that can't be used... I think....

I was looking forward to that game, but being so long in the dark, I have given up hope.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2010, 18:19 Dalumberjack

Happy Bday Blue!  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Will Return
15. Re: Command & Conquer Will Return Oct 20, 2010, 09:43 Dalumberjack

So where are the original devs from westwood studios? Anyone know?

Would be nice if they came out of the blue and made a true sequel or new installment.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Footage
10. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 3, 2010, 18:49 Dalumberjack

surprised even for the xbox 360 it looks pretty damn good. I have high hopes for the PC version.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Sales Estimates
1. Re: StarCraft II Sales Estimates Jul 28, 2010, 21:25 Dalumberjack

I'm one of them!  

News Comments > Infinity Ward/Activision Legal Update
4. Re: Infinity Ward/Activision Legal Update Jul 10, 2010, 16:56 Dalumberjack

they can stick it to Activision, just don't take down Blizzard with it please!  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Footage?
1. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage? Feb 1, 2010, 19:29 Dalumberjack

April Fools!!

oh wait... wrong month

News Comments > AvP Videos
5. Re: AvP Videos Jan 29, 2010, 01:03 Dalumberjack

Ant wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 00:32:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jan 28, 2010, 23:15:
I hope the voice-acting I was hearing in the Marine Gameplay video are just placeholders, because they're bad. They lack the proper emotion which is extremely important, especially in a game like AvP!
IIRC, the first two AvP games' voice actings were bad.

isn't that the point? Just like the movie... corny lines make great horror / scifi thrillers. Might as well be in the game hah

News Comments > On AvP Sequels and DLC
10. Re: On AvP Sequels and DLC Jan 13, 2010, 18:12 Dalumberjack

Waste The Mother!Fuckers!  

News Comments > Why Shooters Need Dedicated Servers
14. Re: Why Shooters need Dedicated Servers Jan 5, 2010, 15:19 Dalumberjack

shuttleswo wrote on Jan 5, 2010, 14:57:
I also didn't buy this game because of this and other issues; however the biggest reason i saw with no-dedicated servers is the problem of the host suddenly ending a game for whatever personal reason (loosing, class, lunch, whatever); people come and go from games quite a bit for many reasons, being at the whim of the host just seems to lead to a lot of frustration.

But this is how everything used to be. Remember tom clancy Rogue spear? All hosted by players. now if they did something like rogue spear where players have a place to choose games and people they play with I'm fine with no dedicated servers. What was it called? Anyone remember?

But this randomized game / player BS is ridiculous. Something needs to change.

110 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo