Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Loopy

Real Name Loopy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Loopy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2004, 00:53
Total Comments 155 (Novice)
User ID 21307

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2014, 20:11 Loopy

1badmf wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 11:05:
good god tapeworms in the brain! fuck that for all eternity!

on a somewhat related note, i was reading about richard the third, how they recently found his body and how there was a pile of old ringworm eggs where his guts would have been. apparently they'll try to exit the host if he suffers trauma, so when he died of several blade hacks (notably a halberd to the braincase), it's likely his orifices suddenly spewed ringworms. gross huh? =DDD

That is some Resident Evil 4 shit right there. fffffffffff

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2014, 20:28 Loopy

Interesting move on Seattle PD's part. Engaging with the community like that and actually inviting criticism from technical people.

Blurring peoples faces by default seems like the right way to go. It's almost like there was a show about cops that often did just that anyway...what was it called???

News Comments > Alienware's "PC Gaming Console"
14. Re: Alienware's Nov 21, 2014, 20:17 Loopy

Drayth wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 20:12:
This made me think of Steam Machines.

Then I was like, wow it's been a while since I've thought about Steam Machines.

wth happened to Steam Machines?

vaporsteamware

News Comments > On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions
9. Re: On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions Nov 21, 2014, 20:11 Loopy

Isn't this more like a "macrotransaction," as one article a few days ago put it? And what's the point of Helix if the stuff they're going to sell isn't fungible in relation to their in-store credits?

Once I unlocked a chest, I was instructed that Arno could pick it up in-game or else an agent would retrieve it in 24 hours. I went to (what I think was) the chest in-game, tried to open it and was met with the familiar "Play Nomad Missions in the Assassin's CreedŽ Unity Companion app to open this chest."

I promptly deleted the Assassin's CreedŽ Unity Companion app.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans
11. AC Unity release version: Oops Nov 19, 2014, 13:51 Loopy

I just hope they aren't tightening up the graphics with a fricking controller.

If you understood that reference, go outside.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4
43. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4 Nov 18, 2014, 22:40 Loopy

siapnar wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 13:02:
Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 12:50:
Surprising that they're still going with the "skin an animal, and just pull a chunk of top sirloin out of it" routine.
I was also surprised by the hunk of meat you gain from "skinning" an animal.
A simple fur texture with a colour change would make a hell of a lot more sense.

Doesn't the hunk of meat actually serve a gameplay purpose this time? Like you can throw it at enemies to attract wild animals, kind of like the bugbait from Half-Life 2? Haven't played it yet, so just speculating based on trailers.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Windows Oops Nov 17, 2014, 13:33 Loopy

I like how 20 years after we first got it, the return of the Start Menu is a Big Deal.  

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
180. choo choo.....choo chooooooooooooooooooo Nov 17, 2014, 02:01 Loopy

Gawd, what's next? A $61 million stretch goal of limited edition box sets with Chris Roberts figurines? A $62 million stretch goal of Star Citizen: Jury Duty DLC?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 Preview & Tips
16. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 Preview & Tips Nov 16, 2014, 22:41 Loopy

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug. *closes Uplay  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 Preview & Tips
15. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 Preview & Tips Nov 16, 2014, 22:41 Loopy

We've made the jump from Digital Rights Management to Cinematic Experience Management, complete with "frame rate regulation." It's a feature, not a buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu  

News Comments > Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change "Any Time Soon"; DX10 Support Unlikely
45. Re: Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change Nov 15, 2014, 01:47 Loopy

Down the road, more gamers will have 8 GB RAM though. So far, it hasn't been a requirement for a good time. Hell, I've got 4 GB RAM and have been able to max everything out (except for AA) in every game I've picked up over the past few years. I think the only exception to this has been Black Flag, where I left PhysX particles completely disabled.

If anything, 4 GB RAM hasn't detrimentally affected my gaming experience in any meaningful way. Ironically, outside of games is another story... :/

News Comments > Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change "Any Time Soon"; DX10 Support Unlikely
40. Re: Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change Nov 14, 2014, 19:55 Loopy

I've been running on 4 GB of RAM since the end of 2010.

Surprisingly, no problems yet. But it is getting to be that time...

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
40. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 23:19 Loopy

At least we got some funny bugs out of it, like that glitch compilation someone posted below. And this.

Awwww, that awkward moment when the other person doesn't close his/her eyes. Or, uh, can't.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. US too plz Nov 7, 2014, 14:51 Loopy

Was hoping that Target offer included PC games, but it doesn't look like it. Would have been nice to swipe Alien: Isolation, Far Cry 4, and (some game) all at once.

[edit] And it only applies to Canada anyway. *shakes fist in air*

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition
31. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 3, 2014, 14:01 Loopy

Activation announces the release of the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition, a first version of the shooter sequel that has an ephemeral 24 hour shelf life.

Going to be looking for Day Negative Thirty releases now.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Welcome to Kyrat Trailer, Part Two
7. Re: Far Cry 4 Welcome to Kyrat Trailer, Part Two Oct 25, 2014, 21:03 Loopy

Anyone else notice the CIA guy (Ellis?) from FC3 at 2:29? Looks like he's flying a plane again.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
129. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2014, 04:46 Loopy

I feel sorry for Gamersgate. They've even had the name for 10 years!  

127. One of you guys is real, the other I'm pretty sure is a sock puppet account. C'mon. Fess up. Oct 25, 2014, 02:08 Loopy

The Voight-Pompff Test  

117. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2014, 00:46 Loopy

I haven't been keeping up on the corporate side of this. I've heard Intel and some others have pulled advertising from some sites. How have those sites responded, and have the changes (if any) they've made to their journalism codes been effective yet?  

53. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 23:41 Loopy

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 23:19:

And here's what the big Gamergate reddit forum moderators also moderate. Similarly to the celebrities that have supported Gamergate with long histories of hating women but not caring about video games, these guys all moderate anti-woman forums but don't moderate any game forums.
Yup. Ethics. It sure looks to anyone not really buying it that this is totally about ethics.

So basically games and the community in general are being used as a vehicle to attack other people and their message.

I guess I can't criticize too harshly without being a hypocrite. I don't think I've made a game-related post on this site in a few months, with a couple exceptions.

155 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo