Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Loopy

Real Name Loopy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Loopy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2004, 00:53
Total Comments 105 (Novice)
User ID 21307

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 13:29 Loopy

Yeah, RMB for move forward crew 4 LIFE!!!

I still bind RMB to move forward in all first person and third person games. I guess I'm insane.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 16, 2014, 20:29 Loopy

In my experience, votes seem to encourage the internet cheerleader/circle-jerk mentality. With systems like the one on this site, if you want to pitch in, you actually have to pitch in and say your piece, which I like.

Votes can work sometimes, but as has been pointed out, there's no shortage of crazies willing to upvote terrible ideas, or downvote reasonable ones.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 16, 2014, 13:57 Loopy

I thought everyone already knew comment voting systems were stupid.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer
11. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 15, 2014, 20:59 Loopy

According to the blurb above, there probably won't be any reward for poachin' elephants.

The elephants even worked their way into the development team’s heart. “We don’t want to reward killing elephants,” Creative Director Alex Hutchinson points out. “Elephants are the only animal in the game you don’t get anything for killing.”

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer
9. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 15, 2014, 20:35 Loopy

*drools* The sequel to my GOTY 2012....

Trunk animations really do look fluid; I could easily mistake that for motion capture if I didn't know better. I remember being impressed with the tackle animation of the tigers/leopards from FC3 so I looked into whether they had maybe used a domestic cat as a mo-cap substitute, but motion-capture never factored into it. An interview with one of the FC4 developers says the animals aren't mo-capped this time either (phallus or otherwise). Coulda fooled me. They even got the water trickling off the elephants when they're bathing themselves.

Probably going to wait until Christmas for this one. "One" More Turn: Beyond Earth is getting released first, so...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 18:26 Loopy

Somebody tell the CIA there's terrorists in England so we have an excuse to put UAVs up over there.
Advanced model starfighter pictures leaked.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2014, 18:31.

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Sep 10, 2014, 01:59 Loopy

I'm just amazed as many people as have been complaining were as vested in the gaming media as this. Lesson learned, eh? For the past six years, I've used a combination of friends and YouTube to get informed/hyped about upcoming or current releases. I rarely bother with formal reviews anymore - seeing some random player's spontaneous reaction to a game mechanic tells me boatloads more than most written pieces ever well.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 9, 2014, 22:24 Loopy

What a mess. The interview reminded me why I ignored "indie" "games."

Interest in "indie" "games" before this debacle: 10/100
Interest now: 1E-77/100

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 01:51 Loopy

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 00:27:
Well this is really.. not surprising news

They should have made Fallout 4...

I'm not so sure ZeniMax actually has any control over that. Fallout games, and non-MMO Elder Scrolls for that matter, were developed by other studios?

News Comments > Op Ed
197. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2014, 19:17 Loopy

Can Star Citizen make $60 million and announce their next stretch goal of producing schematics for working, life-size 3D-printed starships so we can whine about something else? Gawd!  

News Comments > Op Ed
125. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 19:06 Loopy

Wow, 123 posts and going in one day! Did anyone register today just to post in this thread?

And I guess it'll be a while before next/current/what-came-after-PS3/360-generation titles become the norm. The rising development costs they mention probably mean the publishers aren't going to want the risk of an X-years payback period, where X is however long it takes people to actually start BUYING next/current/fuckit-generation platforms.

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
31. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 19:41 Loopy

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 14:58:
Combo ragequit?

This made me smile.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailers
17. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailers Aug 13, 2014, 19:35 Loopy

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 05:24:
The reality is that Far Cry 3 was pretty demanding. It was one of the few titles to push my GTX680 SLI setup. It couldn't have been pushed much further given the PC hardware at the time.

This is true. I found FC3 to be graphically rich when I first played it. I didn't even notice the discrepancies between the trailers and the finished product until someone did that side-by-side comparison.

The only thing that bugged me about FC3's graphics was the pop-up, which was especially noticeable when using the hang glider. On the ground, where it wasn't as bad, I could lose myself in the environment.

If they get rid of the graphical pop-up for FC4, I think it'll be golden.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailers
12. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailers Aug 13, 2014, 01:23 Loopy

I was about to say fears about the trailers might be less founded this time around, given that FC3 had to run on last-gen hardware. But I just realized FC4 is coming out for last-gen platforms too. =/

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
41. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 18:08 Loopy

I thought the reboot was solid, but they haven't even released any gameplay footage of the sequel so it's hard for me to get interested about it at this point. When I saw this announcement I was kind of surprised, but also kind of "meh."

I would be very surprised if the title stays exclusive. Pretty much the whole series has been multiplatform for the past seventeen years.

21. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 9, 2014, 14:54 Loopy

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 12:47:
Another person who has to arbitrarily sign their name after each comment, despite the fact it's already in the top right corner every time.

Holy cow....he's right!

- Loopy

5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 8, 2014, 18:36 Loopy

I'm glad that Crytek is apparently pulling through, but "gaming as a service" are not the words I was eager to hear from Yerli.  

News Comments > Resident Evil Remake Remake Plans
11. Re: Resident Evil Remake Remake Plans Aug 5, 2014, 17:18 Loopy

Reinsert the Master of Unlocking and it's all cool.

I'm also going to jump on the echo-train bandwagon and wonder why they haven't bothered with a RE2 remake yet. Still, I'm happy they're doing this, and even happier it's coming out on PC too.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 1, 2014, 22:30 Loopy

Great story with some great people. That move took guts (kind of literally).

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 18:20 Loopy

I like that they had to send out an email beforehand. "Groping other people without their consent is not okay." Well gee, color me informed!

I'm getting the impression the creep/nerd ratio is higher than average. Pathetic.

105 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo