Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Loopy

Real Name Loopy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Loopy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2004, 00:53
Total Comments 83 (Suspect)
User ID 21307

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 21:43 Loopy

It really, really is. You may be able to build a respectable unit for not-a-million-pounds, but then you have the monitor, the keyboard and whatever else. Yes, you have to buy a TV to play console games on, but if you donít already own one youíre probably either over 90 years old or youíre some kind of book-reading Luddite (and thatís the worst kind of Luddite).

I'm neither 90 nor do I consider myself a Luddite. Should I take the average? A 45 year-old that just reads books???

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2014, 19:06 Loopy

Yeah, really. What were they doing the whole time this guy and half his team were literally dancing their way back to base?  

News Comments > Thief Film Plans
22. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 18:11 Loopy

Creston wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 13:54:
Casting agent: "I see here you played in the Thief movie. What role did you have?"

Aspiring actor: "I was the guard who kept walking the same circle and kept looking at the same relic in the glass case every 30 seconds."

I'd rather play that guard that the spin me right round baby guy. Pretty sure I'd have to hurl after doing that.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Video
7. Re: Unreal Tournament Video Jun 28, 2014, 17:21 Loopy

I admit I got a little excited when I saw their Deck 16 mockup (anyone else recognize that the moment they saw it?), but why does it look like the game is running at 15 fps?  

News Comments > Homefront 2 The Revolution Trailer
12. Re: Homefront 2 The Revolution Trailer Jun 12, 2014, 04:31 Loopy

Wow, that kinda sucks. Hopefully Crytek can release a non-streamed video, because this one really makes it seem like the platform is a little...stressed.  

News Comments > Homefront 2 The Revolution Trailer
10. Re: Homefront 2 The Revolution Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 19:37 Loopy

Holy moly, you guys aren't kidding. Can that frame rate be chalked up to weird encoding, or was smoke coming from that console while playing?  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
17. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 18:40 Loopy

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 02:25:
Jaxx wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 02:01:
The way it works is the routers themselves (dorys) will have two provisioned states. One is your private network and the other is the public wifi. Each is segmented from each other, will not see each other, and provide different IPs.

Each provisioned state has it's own bandwidth. It will NOT impact the subscribers data usage, bandwidth, etc.

To use teh public wifi, you must login with your comcast.net email address. If you have a valid account, it's free. if you do not have an active internet account, you can pay by the hour.

Yup, yup, and yup.
And, since no additional signal, no additional health effects, though it's horrifying to see people on this board claiming wifi damages you.

I had to turn off my router's wifi after it gave my kids leukemia and caused my balls to fall off.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 9, 2014, 23:33 Loopy

Maybe the bots could be programmed to purchase DLC using your credit card #???  

News Comments > NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games
17. Mine this, stoopid! >:( Jun 4, 2014, 19:01 Loopy

The price hike on ATI cards last year sucked. I needed to replace my faithful but failing 5850 HD, but upgrading was a real pain when all the high-end ATI cards were out of stock, or priced higher than faster performing (but still expensive) nvidia parts.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Prototypes and Video
1. Re: Unreal Tournament Prototypes and Video May 31, 2014, 14:02 Loopy

Looks like the ASMD, er, shock rifle to you UTers, is in. Weird seeing a gameplay video where people are using a mouse nowadays.

Looks like they're bringing back the Skaarj too. They don't look like their original incarnation, but at least they don't look like the Gorilla Skaarj from Unreal 2 either...

News Comments > Rise of Nations: Extended Edition Next Month
8. Re: Rise of Nations: Extended Edition Next Month May 30, 2014, 20:46 Loopy

SOLD. Rise of Nations was like a third parent to me during my late teens.  

News Comments > Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development?
24. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 22, 2014, 22:03 Loopy

Analysis suggests I will be one-hundred and fifteen years old when HL3 ships. Do your wheelchairs come with automated defibrillators in case the old ticker needs a jolt while I'm playing???

The last thing I want is to let my L4D3 team down because I went AFKP (Away From Keyboard Permanently).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2014, 15:48 Loopy

Intel survey finds people should buy more Intel stuff.

Hey. Hey, people. Loopy survey finds people should give money and pledge fealty to Loopy.

Do it NAOW.

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 16, 2014, 18:23 Loopy

I get kicked in the hed all teh tyme. i doughnt cair  

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 16, 2014, 18:18 Loopy

I don't see what the big deal is. I drive everywhere with my leg sticking out the side of the vehicle. Granted, it's not the leg I was born with anymore, but that just makes for a nice conversation opener.  

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 16, 2014, 18:14 Loopy

-5 points if the train driver wasn't taking a selfie when he kicked that kid in the head.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2014, 03:11 Loopy

I like how Macrosolve backpedaled and offered to let Newegg off the hook if Newegg gave up the right to collect fees. Newegg put on its sunglasses and said "deal with it." Bye troll!  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
24. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 22:47 Loopy

Since Eich was asked to leave, and he did, I wonder if he feels he was wrong, or if he feels wronged and decided fighting wasn't worth it.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
18. Re: Anti-Gay Firefox Chief Brendan Eich Quits Days After OkCupid Backlash Apr 3, 2014, 22:22 Loopy

Taking one for the team and resigning is akin to being "forced out" now? Really?

People in this thread must have inside sources or something. All reports I've seen indicate he stepped down voluntarily, and the board did not, in fact, have to "show him the door."

I concede that information to the contrary can and maybe will come out. I'll wait until then to make this guy my Anti-Gay First Amendment Martyr lol

News Comments > BAFTA Winners
39. Re: BAFTA Winners Mar 13, 2014, 21:32 Loopy

Beamer wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 02:51:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 00:58:
the thing about awards is never about if the game is really good or not, it's that someone's getting paid off. it's always rigged.

ViRGE wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 00:17:
PropheT wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 21:26:
The Last of Us is easily the most overrated game I've ever seen. I'm just not sure what people see in it...
TLOU was an interesting movie. It was a terrible game.

sometimes i feel that any game which doesn't use keyboard+mouse is terrible...

So... you think Naughty Dog paid the most for this?

Also, a whole lot of "that game sucks, the game I like is clearly better, but I'm not even going to mention what game that is!" going on.

Actually, it is 100% scientificially proven fact that the game I like is better than The Last of Us because reasons.

83 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo