Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Loopy

Real Name Loopy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Loopy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2004, 00:53
Total Comments 95 (Suspect)
User ID 21307

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
125. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 19:06 Loopy

Wow, 123 posts and going in one day! Did anyone register today just to post in this thread?

And I guess it'll be a while before next/current/what-came-after-PS3/360-generation titles become the norm. The rising development costs they mention probably mean the publishers aren't going to want the risk of an X-years payback period, where X is however long it takes people to actually start BUYING next/current/fuckit-generation platforms.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
31. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 19:41 Loopy

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 14:58:
Combo ragequit?

This made me smile.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailers
17. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailers Aug 13, 2014, 19:35 Loopy

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 05:24:
The reality is that Far Cry 3 was pretty demanding. It was one of the few titles to push my GTX680 SLI setup. It couldn't have been pushed much further given the PC hardware at the time.

This is true. I found FC3 to be graphically rich when I first played it. I didn't even notice the discrepancies between the trailers and the finished product until someone did that side-by-side comparison.

The only thing that bugged me about FC3's graphics was the pop-up, which was especially noticeable when using the hang glider. On the ground, where it wasn't as bad, I could lose myself in the environment.

If they get rid of the graphical pop-up for FC4, I think it'll be golden.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailers
12. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailers Aug 13, 2014, 01:23 Loopy

I was about to say fears about the trailers might be less founded this time around, given that FC3 had to run on last-gen hardware. But I just realized FC4 is coming out for last-gen platforms too. =/

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
41. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 18:08 Loopy

I thought the reboot was solid, but they haven't even released any gameplay footage of the sequel so it's hard for me to get interested about it at this point. When I saw this announcement I was kind of surprised, but also kind of "meh."

I would be very surprised if the title stays exclusive. Pretty much the whole series has been multiplatform for the past seventeen years.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
21. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 9, 2014, 14:54 Loopy

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 12:47:
Another person who has to arbitrarily sign their name after each comment, despite the fact it's already in the top right corner every time.

Holy cow....he's right!

- Loopy

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 8, 2014, 18:36 Loopy

I'm glad that Crytek is apparently pulling through, but "gaming as a service" are not the words I was eager to hear from Yerli.  

News Comments > Resident Evil Remake Remake Plans
11. Re: Resident Evil Remake Remake Plans Aug 5, 2014, 17:18 Loopy

Reinsert the Master of Unlocking and it's all cool.

I'm also going to jump on the echo-train bandwagon and wonder why they haven't bothered with a RE2 remake yet. Still, I'm happy they're doing this, and even happier it's coming out on PC too.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 1, 2014, 22:30 Loopy

Great story with some great people. That move took guts (kind of literally).

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 18:20 Loopy

I like that they had to send out an email beforehand. "Groping other people without their consent is not okay." Well gee, color me informed!

I'm getting the impression the creep/nerd ratio is higher than average. Pathetic.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 31, 2014, 18:04 Loopy

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 12:51:
It excludes several prominent historical events and systems, thinks AAA games are all there are (giving a token 2 minutes to indies) and it all but completely ignores the role computer gaming played in the industry's growth.

Ouch, that's a pretty serious omission. That article is pretty condescending to gaming in general, but if the movie sucks...

News Comments > Where Crytek Stands
12. Re: Where Crytek Stands Jul 30, 2014, 23:24 Loopy

According to Yerli, management didn't actually quit. They just haven't been able to get to work because someone got on Pirate Bay and torrented their cars.  

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 21:43 Loopy

It really, really is. You may be able to build a respectable unit for not-a-million-pounds, but then you have the monitor, the keyboard and whatever else. Yes, you have to buy a TV to play console games on, but if you donít already own one youíre probably either over 90 years old or youíre some kind of book-reading Luddite (and thatís the worst kind of Luddite).

I'm neither 90 nor do I consider myself a Luddite. Should I take the average? A 45 year-old that just reads books???

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2014, 19:06 Loopy

Yeah, really. What were they doing the whole time this guy and half his team were literally dancing their way back to base?  

News Comments > Thief Film Plans
22. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 18:11 Loopy

Creston wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 13:54:
Casting agent: "I see here you played in the Thief movie. What role did you have?"

Aspiring actor: "I was the guard who kept walking the same circle and kept looking at the same relic in the glass case every 30 seconds."

I'd rather play that guard that the spin me right round baby guy. Pretty sure I'd have to hurl after doing that.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Video
7. Re: Unreal Tournament Video Jun 28, 2014, 17:21 Loopy

I admit I got a little excited when I saw their Deck 16 mockup (anyone else recognize that the moment they saw it?), but why does it look like the game is running at 15 fps?  

News Comments > Homefront 2 The Revolution Trailer
12. Re: Homefront 2 The Revolution Trailer Jun 12, 2014, 04:31 Loopy

Wow, that kinda sucks. Hopefully Crytek can release a non-streamed video, because this one really makes it seem like the platform is a little...stressed.  

News Comments > Homefront 2 The Revolution Trailer
10. Re: Homefront 2 The Revolution Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 19:37 Loopy

Holy moly, you guys aren't kidding. Can that frame rate be chalked up to weird encoding, or was smoke coming from that console while playing?  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
17. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 18:40 Loopy

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 02:25:
Jaxx wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 02:01:
The way it works is the routers themselves (dorys) will have two provisioned states. One is your private network and the other is the public wifi. Each is segmented from each other, will not see each other, and provide different IPs.

Each provisioned state has it's own bandwidth. It will NOT impact the subscribers data usage, bandwidth, etc.

To use teh public wifi, you must login with your comcast.net email address. If you have a valid account, it's free. if you do not have an active internet account, you can pay by the hour.

Yup, yup, and yup.
And, since no additional signal, no additional health effects, though it's horrifying to see people on this board claiming wifi damages you.

I had to turn off my router's wifi after it gave my kids leukemia and caused my balls to fall off.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 9, 2014, 23:33 Loopy

Maybe the bots could be programmed to purchase DLC using your credit card #???  

95 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo