Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for brandon

Real Name brandon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname beigemore
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://blaze.kinetix.net/
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 20:43
Total Comments 306 (Amateur)
User ID 21298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Cancelled Avengers Game Footage
1. Re: Cancelled Avengers Game Footage Sep 18, 2011, 15:35 beigemore

This look really awesome. I guess some companies don't like money.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rogers Ordered to Stop Throttling WoW and Other Games
16. Re: Rogers Ordered to Stop Throttling WoW and Other Games Sep 17, 2011, 15:45 beigemore

Tanto Edge wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 14:58:
There are three major internet players in Canada, Shaw, Telus and Rogers. There's also Bell but they go by Sympatico, if they still even offer residential service.
Each of them provides high speed, and Rogers is further towards the East coast.

There are plenty of minor players as well, like this guy: http://ispeed.net/
Dave is an extremely small operation (and a very nice guy) and he is an ISP. There are plenty of these guys around Canada. You just have to look for them, instead of assuming there is only the big company that spends millions on advertising (and making assumptions regarding our competitive landscape, Cutter).

Curious about our coverage?

For those curious about how our ISP's actually throttle.

(note the smaller guys aren't listed there)

The comments from Americans regarding our coverage are funny to me given there is a severe lack of coverage in many parts of the USA.

How much did you pay for this ad space?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 17, 2011, 13:42 beigemore

Any "platform" that has no tactile buttons will never be my gaming machine of choice.  

News Comments > WoW Magazine Ends
3. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 16, 2011, 21:07 beigemore

The magazine looked interesting, but a bit too pricey.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - RAGE
2. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 17:22 beigemore

I'd rather have a new Quake x Arena game.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal
10. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 01:51 beigemore

Comparing Diablo pvp to WoW pvp is pretty stupid. Have you ever played Diablo 2? Did you play it when it was actually THE game to go to? People are going to get the gear they want however they can. They will farm it, they will trade for it, and they will sometimes even buy it. The item system in WoW is completely different from the way Diablo works, especially with WoW items not being tradable once you equip them. Sure, the gear plays a big role in how well you perform in both pve and pvp, but if you're going to compete in pvp anyway, then you're going to find a way to get the top tier gear that you need. Just from playing the game over and over, you will eventually will find multiples of the same "top tier" items. You will have several characters equipped with those same items. It's not like you have to go raid, hope your raid comp can down a boss, then get lucky with the item drop, and then hope you either win the roll for the item or have enough points to buy it.

They're completely different games.

I've never purchased any items for Diablo 2, but I did sell a few items back when the expansion first go the 1.09 patch. I found an Oculus Swirling Crystal about 15 minutes after the patch came out, and they changed that item to become almost godly. I sold it on eBay that night for $380. I've sold crappy rare paladin shields for $80 before, and even a named Burizado Kyanon Ballista for like $140. I'm going to be playing the game for fun, and also to hopefully make a few bucks. You know those set bramble mitts called Laying of Hands? Sold several of those for $70+ each, too, and now when you go in the game they are cheap as dirt.

With it being so easy and open to sell items like that, they may not command such high prices anymore, but just having the ability to buy them will not ruin the game. Just remember that you won't be in a world that runs 24/7. You will be playing with just a few people at a time, and the world will randomize when you leave and go to the next one... and don't forget about the ladder resets where everyone will have to start the game over from scratch. That's always the most fun.

News Comments > GameStop's Tablet Plans
9. Re: GameStop's Tablet Plans Sep 12, 2011, 22:37 beigemore

EddieTheHack wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 21:54:
Its funny watching GameStop skitter around like an ant, too and fro, attempting to avoid the fate it is destined to fulfill. They really are grasping at any thread of relevance and screaming how much gamers need them, all the while viciously lashing out at their demographic like the petulant child they are. Good riddance Game Stop. You will not be missed. No tears will be shed. Your just another failed paradigm on the ash heap of history. Say hello to beta max for us.

They're probably more comparable to VHS.

News Comments > Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter
24. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 12, 2011, 22:31 beigemore

How is it that every developer that takes on an old IP is always a "big fan" of the original? I seriously doubt that. Otherwise they'd have issues with changing the genre, as well.  

News Comments > GameStop's Tablet Plans
4. Re: GameStop's Tablet Plans Sep 12, 2011, 21:38 beigemore

People don't give a crap about tablets. They just want iPads.  

News Comments > Sengoku Demo
4. Re: Sengoku Demo Sep 9, 2011, 21:57 beigemore

I keep thinking of the Neo Geo game.  

News Comments > RAGE Specs
1. Re: RAGE Specs Sep 6, 2011, 20:49 beigemore

9800 GTX as recommended? I was hoping the recommended would be a bit higher. Glad I'm several generations beyond that. -_-

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2011, 20:56.

News Comments > Steam Trading Launch
3. Re: Steam Trading Launch Sep 6, 2011, 16:30 beigemore

Like 99% of the Steam population has HL2 and Portal.  

News Comments > DiRT 3 Promo Keys Leak
1. Re: DiRT 3 Promo Keys Leak Sep 6, 2011, 12:54 beigemore

Crap. A friend gave me a key saying he had a spare. I wonder if it was one of these. :/  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 2, 2011, 00:57 beigemore

Facebook with a 3D interface.. how boring.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year
7. Re: Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year Sep 1, 2011, 20:02 beigemore

engrish?  

News Comments > Take-Two Sued by Former QA Tester
6. Re: ARRRGGGGGHHH Sep 1, 2011, 08:14 beigemore

Fibrocyte wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 06:03:
Take Two should be sued just for paying QA testers anywhere near minimum wage. They must be picking up idiot kids off the street instead of hiring people who do QA engineering work for a living.

video game playing engineers?

News Comments > Howard on Bugs and Why Skyrim is Not an MMOG
17. Re: Howard on Bugs and Why Skyrim is Not an MMOG Sep 1, 2011, 00:23 beigemore

I've been a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls games ever since Arena was first released. I really enjoy the series, obviously, but I do think adding some type of multiplayer aspect would be awesome. I don't mean like battle.net type stuff, I mean more along the lines of "hey, here's my ip address. connect to me." The ability to run around with a friend while playing the game would be great! They could just double or triple monsters' health pools, or possibly have more monsters in general, and call it done. Just a very, very simple multiplayer option is what I want in an Elder Scrolls game.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Turns 15
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Turns 15 Sep 1, 2011, 00:17 beigemore

I stupidly gave the game away in the late 90's. Still have my original Arena, though. I definitely don't remember getting that letter opener, either, and I bought game right when it came out.  

News Comments > Ultima 1-3 on GOG.com
12. Re: Ultima 1-3 on GOG.com Aug 31, 2011, 05:01 beigemore

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 03:58:
I picked up a roland MT-32, CM-64 and an SC-88 off ebay over the last couple of years for sod all money. They're all connected to my windows 7 pc via a roland USB to midi converter.
Playing U6 and U7 via dosbox with the full intended midi is pretty fucking awesome. Hell even U8 isn't that bad once you get over the stupid jumping puzzles.

I purchased an MT-32 about 10 years ago and have really enjoyed it. It's a must have if you're into old PC games. I do also want to say, however, that Roland MT-32 emulation is pretty freakin' impressive now. It's actually difficult to distinguish the emulation from the real thing now. You may want to check that out, as it can free up some spare room on your desk, but I know how awesome it is seeing that green backlit LCD going to down with midi music.

Also, I really, truly want to play through Ultima 6 and 7, but I just cannot get into the games. I've tried over and over, and they just feel so clunky. I also watched a play through of Ultima 6 and the overall game was a huge let down. Even though I've not played through it, the soundtrack from Ultima 6 on the MT-32 is one of my absolute favorites. The introduction song, character creation, then the song played after you go through the red gate at the beginning (basically the intro song with with percussion), and then of course, Stones.

I wish they would redo the Ultima games, use the same or very similar storylines, give them modern interfaces/graphics/soundtracks (using the same tunes, of course) and maybe combine 1 through 3 for one game and then 4 through 6 as another game, with each of the original games being one of three chapters.

News Comments > Valve on the Importance of Not Sucking
23. Re: Valve on the Importance of Not Sucking Aug 30, 2011, 09:28 beigemore

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 21:09:
So I guess they don't Half-life is a cool IP anymore? Fine. Give it to someone who does.

Half-life was only cool up until around 2004.

306 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo