Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for brandon

Real Name brandon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname beigemore
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://blaze.kinetix.net/
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 20:43
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 21298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda Denied Fallout MMOG Restraining Order
6. Re: Bethesda Denied Fallout MMOG Restraining Order Sep 24, 2011, 07:11 beigemore

I honestly did not realize that Interplay is/was still around.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 22, 2011, 23:40 beigemore

You click and hold the left mouse button to keep moving -- you don't have to constantly left click to move around. WASD would be retarded in Diablo, though maybe you'd prefer it to be an FPS like the GameSpy guy.  

News Comments > New XCOM "Adheres to the Tenets" of X-COM (By Changing Everything)
1. Re: New XCOM "Adheres to the Tenets" of X-COM (By Changing Everything) Sep 22, 2011, 13:39 beigemore

Please... stop making me angry..  

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2011, 13:30 beigemore

WinterMadness wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 12:24:
I tried to play Diablo once, but all the incessant clickity-click-click-clicking turned me off to this game altogether. They could at LEAST implement W-A-S-D movement to alleviate this problem. People who play these types of games (that have the same movement controls)must burn through a mouse per month.

Try holding the left mouse button down.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2011, 12:39 beigemore

Is this guy freaking serious? What the hell... I don't even know what to say.  

News Comments > On Battlefield 3 PC vs Console Map Design
3. Re: On Battlefield 3 PC vs Console Map Design Sep 18, 2011, 18:02 beigemore

The quote from the article is the most obvious statement they could make about developing for multiple platforms.  

News Comments > Cancelled Avengers Game Footage
1. Re: Cancelled Avengers Game Footage Sep 18, 2011, 15:35 beigemore

This look really awesome. I guess some companies don't like money.  

News Comments > Rogers Ordered to Stop Throttling WoW and Other Games
16. Re: Rogers Ordered to Stop Throttling WoW and Other Games Sep 17, 2011, 15:45 beigemore

Tanto Edge wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 14:58:
There are three major internet players in Canada, Shaw, Telus and Rogers. There's also Bell but they go by Sympatico, if they still even offer residential service.
Each of them provides high speed, and Rogers is further towards the East coast.

There are plenty of minor players as well, like this guy: http://ispeed.net/
Dave is an extremely small operation (and a very nice guy) and he is an ISP. There are plenty of these guys around Canada. You just have to look for them, instead of assuming there is only the big company that spends millions on advertising (and making assumptions regarding our competitive landscape, Cutter).

Curious about our coverage?

For those curious about how our ISP's actually throttle.

(note the smaller guys aren't listed there)

The comments from Americans regarding our coverage are funny to me given there is a severe lack of coverage in many parts of the USA.

How much did you pay for this ad space?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 17, 2011, 13:42 beigemore

Any "platform" that has no tactile buttons will never be my gaming machine of choice.  

News Comments > WoW Magazine Ends
3. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 16, 2011, 21:07 beigemore

The magazine looked interesting, but a bit too pricey.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - RAGE
2. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 17:22 beigemore

I'd rather have a new Quake x Arena game.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal
10. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 01:51 beigemore

Comparing Diablo pvp to WoW pvp is pretty stupid. Have you ever played Diablo 2? Did you play it when it was actually THE game to go to? People are going to get the gear they want however they can. They will farm it, they will trade for it, and they will sometimes even buy it. The item system in WoW is completely different from the way Diablo works, especially with WoW items not being tradable once you equip them. Sure, the gear plays a big role in how well you perform in both pve and pvp, but if you're going to compete in pvp anyway, then you're going to find a way to get the top tier gear that you need. Just from playing the game over and over, you will eventually will find multiples of the same "top tier" items. You will have several characters equipped with those same items. It's not like you have to go raid, hope your raid comp can down a boss, then get lucky with the item drop, and then hope you either win the roll for the item or have enough points to buy it.

They're completely different games.

I've never purchased any items for Diablo 2, but I did sell a few items back when the expansion first go the 1.09 patch. I found an Oculus Swirling Crystal about 15 minutes after the patch came out, and they changed that item to become almost godly. I sold it on eBay that night for $380. I've sold crappy rare paladin shields for $80 before, and even a named Burizado Kyanon Ballista for like $140. I'm going to be playing the game for fun, and also to hopefully make a few bucks. You know those set bramble mitts called Laying of Hands? Sold several of those for $70+ each, too, and now when you go in the game they are cheap as dirt.

With it being so easy and open to sell items like that, they may not command such high prices anymore, but just having the ability to buy them will not ruin the game. Just remember that you won't be in a world that runs 24/7. You will be playing with just a few people at a time, and the world will randomize when you leave and go to the next one... and don't forget about the ladder resets where everyone will have to start the game over from scratch. That's always the most fun.

News Comments > GameStop's Tablet Plans
9. Re: GameStop's Tablet Plans Sep 12, 2011, 22:37 beigemore

EddieTheHack wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 21:54:
Its funny watching GameStop skitter around like an ant, too and fro, attempting to avoid the fate it is destined to fulfill. They really are grasping at any thread of relevance and screaming how much gamers need them, all the while viciously lashing out at their demographic like the petulant child they are. Good riddance Game Stop. You will not be missed. No tears will be shed. Your just another failed paradigm on the ash heap of history. Say hello to beta max for us.

They're probably more comparable to VHS.

News Comments > Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter
24. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 12, 2011, 22:31 beigemore

How is it that every developer that takes on an old IP is always a "big fan" of the original? I seriously doubt that. Otherwise they'd have issues with changing the genre, as well.  

News Comments > GameStop's Tablet Plans
4. Re: GameStop's Tablet Plans Sep 12, 2011, 21:38 beigemore

People don't give a crap about tablets. They just want iPads.  

News Comments > Sengoku Demo
4. Re: Sengoku Demo Sep 9, 2011, 21:57 beigemore

I keep thinking of the Neo Geo game.  

News Comments > RAGE Specs
1. Re: RAGE Specs Sep 6, 2011, 20:49 beigemore

9800 GTX as recommended? I was hoping the recommended would be a bit higher. Glad I'm several generations beyond that. -_-

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2011, 20:56.

News Comments > Steam Trading Launch
3. Re: Steam Trading Launch Sep 6, 2011, 16:30 beigemore

Like 99% of the Steam population has HL2 and Portal.  

News Comments > DiRT 3 Promo Keys Leak
1. Re: DiRT 3 Promo Keys Leak Sep 6, 2011, 12:54 beigemore

Crap. A friend gave me a key saying he had a spare. I wonder if it was one of these. :/  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 2, 2011, 00:57 beigemore

Facebook with a 3D interface.. how boring.  

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo