Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for brandon

Real Name brandon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname beigemore
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://blaze.kinetix.net/
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 20:43
Total Comments 311 (Amateur)
User ID 21298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 20, 2012, 18:07 beigemore

The slim model doesn't count as "new hardware" in the same context.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Angry Birds Space and Demo Released
7. Re: Angry Birds Space and Demo Released Mar 23, 2012, 03:46 beigemore

But what if I'm not on an airplane? That's lying!  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 12, 2012, 23:06 beigemore

I guess Yahoo has to make money one way or another.  

News Comments > Romero on Making an Old School FPS: "I Have Plans"
35. Re: Romero on Making an Old School FPS: "I Have Plans" Mar 12, 2012, 04:07 beigemore

I really don't know what to say other than "what?"  

News Comments > Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's
1. Re: Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's Jan 18, 2012, 20:16 beigemore

I hate to say it, but I don't care. Origin means this game is absolutely off limits now.  

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
40. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 15:16 beigemore

Ugh. I was really looking forward to ME3. Yet another game I have to scratch off my list.  

News Comments > WoW Cross-Realm Raids Coming
3. Re: WoW Cross-Realm Raids Coming Jan 8, 2012, 00:20 beigemore

I don't think this is specifically being created for a lack of customers. I think it's more so friends that have friends on other realms can play with each other. How many times have you come across people or friends that play the same mmo and you end up being on different servers. Sure, you say you'll play with them, but that almost never really happens because all of your stuff is on your main server. This makes it easy to play with friends that way. You'll basically be able to do everything but regular questing and world PVP with people on your friend's list. That's pretty cool and I hope to see this feature available in other mmo's in the future.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 14, 2011, 12:34 beigemore

I remember getting Sonic CD for Christmas in 1993 along with my Sega CD and a copy of 95 South's Quad City Knock album. Sonic CD is a decent game, though I dislike how they changed Sonic's jump sound. The game also gets a lot of flack for having a different soundtrack from the Japanese and European versions, but I think the soundtrack is excellent, especially the Tidal Tempest and Stardust Speedway themes.  

News Comments > Unused System Shock Items Detailed
11. Re: Unused System Shock Items Detailed Dec 11, 2011, 13:33 beigemore

The original creator of Another World ("Out of This World" in the US) remade it a few years ago for PC with high def background art. You can buy it on eBay for pretty cheap. It looks great.  

News Comments > Diablo III Lore Book Next Month
16. Re: Diablo III Lore Book Next Month Nov 29, 2011, 22:08 beigemore

I own most Blizzard games, and I enjoy what they create, though I don't consider myself to be a Blizzard zealot. You don't have to worship a game company to enjoy what they put out.  

News Comments > Free-to-Play EverQuest II Next Month
12. Re: Free-to-Play EverQuest II Next Month Nov 11, 2011, 08:15 beigemore

Zadig wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 06:50:
It's sad seeing what EQ turned into. In the beginning it was a unique game and full of people, but when I tried the EQII trial it was just a wasteland. Even the capitol cities were ghost towns with less than 10 characters standing around.

Putting everyone on one server would help, but the killer was the high level cap and raising it continually. Wasting time and money on hundreds of zones that would be empty and useless in a few months is a staple of MMO developer stupidity.

Final Fantasy XI had a level cap of 75 for YEARS, since like December 2003. They just started raising it last year, I think, and now it's already pushing 95. I think it's unique compared to other MMO's because of the very consistent level cap it had. Made it weird at times, though, because they'd release new content, new expansions, etc, and some of the older items will still be the best in game. They kept you playing, though, because you could play every class with a single character, so you could collect gear for your black mage while playing as a warrior, etc, so at least they eliminated the issue of never seeing a drop on the character that needs it.

News Comments > Free-to-Play EverQuest II Next Month
9. Re: Free-to-Play EverQuest II Next Month Nov 11, 2011, 01:31 beigemore

I only played for a few months when Echoes of Faydwer first came out. I had a lot of fun, but even back then when it was only on the 3rd expansion, it felt like nobody did any of the old content while leveling up and certain areas were just empty. The world and soundtrack were excellent, though, and it was fun when there were actually other people to play with.

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat with my characters being the races you have to pay to play.

News Comments > Is WoW Jumping the Panda?
4. Re: Is WoW Jumping the Panda? Nov 8, 2011, 14:58 beigemore

I understand why people don't care for the pandas, but saying they got the idea from Kung Fu Panda is pretty ridiculous. The Pandaren have been around since Warcraft 3. They were even supposed to be the original alliance race in Burning Crusade, but they couldn't work them into the Burning Crusade storyline.

I'm pretty neutral on the subject, but at least read up a little instead of looking at screenshots of pandas.

News Comments > Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders
6. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 12:13 beigemore

InBlack wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 10:52:
That dude did the soundtrack for Morrowind and Oblivion as well right?

Gotta say I loved the Morrowind soundtrack. Not so much Oblivion but Morrowind's soundtrack just ooozeed atmosphere. Very memorable!

Interesting. While I really enjoyed both soundtracks, I felt that Oblivion's was better.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced
20. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 21:59 beigemore

Drezden wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:38:
Wrath? Sorry, the glory days ended with BC. The last time there was hardcore raid content, raid keys, and a sense of accomplishment. Wrath was the beginning of the "Any dumb shmuck can smash buttons and DPS for free purps" era.

Side Note: I can't believe I actually agree with Cutter for once. I must be getting old.

You just walked all over heroic Lich King and Mimiron, right?

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscriptions Return
9. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscriptions Return Oct 14, 2011, 13:53 beigemore

I was looking through the PDF documents at the bottom of the link and their design looks like it could be pretty awesome. I played XI for several years when it was big, and I loved it, but I never played XIV. Several friends and a few relatives played XIV and weren't impressed, but these changes they're proposing, along with basically using the current XI team, might be enough to pull me in. If they just would've made XIV just like XI, more people, or at least the XI fans, would've been happy. They tried to do too much too differently and it really backfired on them.  

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
11. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 1, 2011, 18:15 beigemore

Cutter wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 18:11:
Allow me to respond on your level...I know you are, but what am I?

Are you one of those terrorist loving freedom haters?

7. removed Oct 1, 2011, 18:06 beigemore

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 2, 2011, 12:26.

2. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 1, 2011, 17:18 beigemore

Whore yourself some more? Really?? Some of you are so bitter you may be better off looking into a new hobby.

I think it'd be cool to get a signed copy by him. Of course, I wouldn't pay more for it, but just having it would be neat.

News Comments > Bethesda Denied Fallout MMOG Restraining Order
6. Re: Bethesda Denied Fallout MMOG Restraining Order Sep 24, 2011, 07:11 beigemore

I honestly did not realize that Interplay is/was still around.  

311 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo