Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for brandon

Real Name brandon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname beigemore
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://blaze.kinetix.net/
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 20:43
Total Comments 301 (Amateur)
User ID 21298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Bullet Run Launches
9. Re: Bullet Run Launches Jul 31, 2012, 16:29 beigemore

This looks pretty dumb.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2012, 02:59 beigemore

I had one of those Samsung ml2010's for several years but it finally bit the dust after 5 years of use on one toner cartridge. Now I'm using some wireless laser made by Brother that I got for like $100. I'd never go back to wet ink printers. They cost a fortune to use and don't last as long.  

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October
21. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 20, 2012, 03:48 beigemore

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I really enjoyed Doom 3 for PC when it first came out and I did not have any issues with the lighting. The only things I didn't like about the game were having to write down so many codes, having to listen to and read tons of audio logs, and the length of those two extremely large lab levels.

Other than that, I thought the atmosphere was freaking awesome. Though the audio logs were annoying at times, they did a good job of setting up more backstory and insight to employee concerns and bickering. I may pick this up for PC, but will definitely get it for my nephews for PS3.

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
34. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 15, 2012, 05:27 beigemore

I believe Final Fantasy 11 is still going pretty well with its couple hundred thousand subscribers.

Anyhow, I had several friends get swtor when it was released and they tried so hard to get me to play because THIS was the one. I knew it was going to flop just from seeing a couple quick gameplay videos. My friends, about nine of them, quit playing after about two months. I'm glad I didn't waste my money on that. I knew better this time after they got me to buy City of Heroes which didn't last but a few days.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the Elder Scrolls MMO will suffer a similar fate. If they'd just make their game single player with an added coop or network feature, they'd be golden.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2012, 05:38.

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
181. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 04:58 beigemore

entr0py wrote on May 22, 2012, 01:15:
That is absolutely my No. 1 complaint about the game as well. In order to play on any of the fun difficulty levels you have to complete the entire game on normal (easy) once for EVERY character class. I was expecting all the online hassles, but I never thought they could screw up the difficulty so badly. It just about single-handedly ruins the game, it's not any fun this way.

It sounds like you don't know how those other modes work. They aren't just slightly harder game modes. The enemies on act 1 in nightmare aren't level 1 with a few extra hit points. The enemies you first run across in nightmare are somewhere around level 30 or 40. If you make a new character, it starts at level 1. If that character were to join a nightmare game, do you think it could stand up to those level 30 enemies?

I understand what you are wanting, but that simply isn't how the game works.

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
179. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 04:51 beigemore

I'm sure your level 1 demon hunter would do great in nightmare.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 11, 2012, 16:06 beigemore

I always enjoyed shopping at Electronics Boutique, Babbages, and Funcoland a lot more than the in-your-face GameStop.  

News Comments > Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer
7. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 11, 2012, 15:52 beigemore

I'm glad they started this before the tv show became big.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Support?
14. Re: BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Support? May 10, 2012, 04:28 beigemore

Jerykk wrote on May 9, 2012, 23:00:
Did anyone play Bioshock 2 multiplayer on any platform?

One of my nephews was really into bioshock 2 mp, but it was his first foray into online console gaming (ps3). He's not really into fps much like his brother.

News Comments > The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons
33. Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 8, 2012, 00:44 beigemore

Smellfinger wrote on May 7, 2012, 22:27:
I'm still waiting for an MMO that drops me into a compelling world and allows me to explore it at my own pace. No quests. No breadcrumbs. No hand holding. No going from point A to point B until max level. If I want to grind XP, I'll stop and kill some MOBs before moving on. In other words, something along the lines of UO or vanilla EverQuest. I'm really sick of MMOs like TOR that are nothing but glorified single player games.

You mean like Final Fantasy XI?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 20, 2012, 18:07 beigemore

The slim model doesn't count as "new hardware" in the same context.  

News Comments > Angry Birds Space and Demo Released
7. Re: Angry Birds Space and Demo Released Mar 23, 2012, 03:46 beigemore

But what if I'm not on an airplane? That's lying!  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 12, 2012, 23:06 beigemore

I guess Yahoo has to make money one way or another.  

News Comments > Romero on Making an Old School FPS: "I Have Plans"
35. Re: Romero on Making an Old School FPS: "I Have Plans" Mar 12, 2012, 04:07 beigemore

I really don't know what to say other than "what?"  

News Comments > Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's
1. Re: Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's Jan 18, 2012, 20:16 beigemore

I hate to say it, but I don't care. Origin means this game is absolutely off limits now.  

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
40. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 15:16 beigemore

Ugh. I was really looking forward to ME3. Yet another game I have to scratch off my list.  

News Comments > WoW Cross-Realm Raids Coming
3. Re: WoW Cross-Realm Raids Coming Jan 8, 2012, 00:20 beigemore

I don't think this is specifically being created for a lack of customers. I think it's more so friends that have friends on other realms can play with each other. How many times have you come across people or friends that play the same mmo and you end up being on different servers. Sure, you say you'll play with them, but that almost never really happens because all of your stuff is on your main server. This makes it easy to play with friends that way. You'll basically be able to do everything but regular questing and world PVP with people on your friend's list. That's pretty cool and I hope to see this feature available in other mmo's in the future.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 14, 2011, 12:34 beigemore

I remember getting Sonic CD for Christmas in 1993 along with my Sega CD and a copy of 95 South's Quad City Knock album. Sonic CD is a decent game, though I dislike how they changed Sonic's jump sound. The game also gets a lot of flack for having a different soundtrack from the Japanese and European versions, but I think the soundtrack is excellent, especially the Tidal Tempest and Stardust Speedway themes.  

News Comments > Unused System Shock Items Detailed
11. Re: Unused System Shock Items Detailed Dec 11, 2011, 13:33 beigemore

The original creator of Another World ("Out of This World" in the US) remade it a few years ago for PC with high def background art. You can buy it on eBay for pretty cheap. It looks great.  

News Comments > Diablo III Lore Book Next Month
16. Re: Diablo III Lore Book Next Month Nov 29, 2011, 22:08 beigemore

I own most Blizzard games, and I enjoy what they create, though I don't consider myself to be a Blizzard zealot. You don't have to worship a game company to enjoy what they put out.  

301 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo