Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for brandon

Real Name brandon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname beigemore
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://blaze.kinetix.net/
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 20:43
Total Comments 298 (Amateur)
User ID 21298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > FFXI Bans
1. No subject Jul 26, 2006, 02:06 beigemore

Supposedly people got banned for using a windower program that allows you to *gasp* play the game in a window. By default (without 3rd party tools), you can only play the game in full screen. Press control-alt-delete or any other program popping a window up and becoming the window in focus will cause the game to exit. What really sucks is anything in the game literally takes hours and hours to complete, even just seeking an exp party can literally take days.. and so you basically have to devote your PC to just that game, and can't use it for anything else. Good job, Square Enix.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life: Source DM Update
5. No subject May 3, 2006, 06:11 beigemore

I bought the crappy retail HL2 collector's edition box mostly for the HL1:"source" port. Needless to say, I felt my $90 was wasted, especially compared to what the people that purchased through Steam got (everything I got, plus more for a lower price).

That's the last of my money Valve will ever be getting.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SpellForce 2 Shadow Wars
10. No subject May 1, 2006, 19:38 beigemore

I guess it's becoming pretty mandatory for all games to have a dark elf race.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. No subject Apr 3, 2006, 21:34 beigemore

The Best Buy I work at had 90+ premium 360 systems saved up in the warehouse. I think we sold the last one today... sold 90+ systems in two days.

News Comments > Gold - Tomb Raider: Legend
6. No subject Mar 29, 2006, 21:17 beigemore

People still play Tomb Raider games?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Oblivion (Official)
164. No subject Mar 26, 2006, 04:36 beigemore

On my first character, I did the first Oblivion portal at level 1 and it was easy.

I created a new character and decided to just explore, and made it to level 35. Some NPC wouldn't offer training until I closed some Oblivion portals, so I decided to go do the first one. Instead of fighting the easy scamps, I had to fight multiple Daedra Spiders, Storm Atriochs, and Xiavige whatevers (look like blue people with wolf heads that can summon). Needless to say, the guards weren't very helpful and I had to kite things for several minutes while my conjurations slowly took them out. THEN I entered the portal, and was welcomed with even more of these enemies because the guy I went in to help aggrod like ten of them while running up to me. It's really hard now. :/

EDIT: My first character was melee only, my level 35 character is a pure mage (mage class, "The Mage" sign, with 100 skill in mysticisim, alteration, illusion, restoration, and conjuration.. destruction is going up kind of slow for me and it's hurting).
This comment was edited on Mar 26, 04:38.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. No subject Mar 18, 2006, 01:49 beigemore

Mmmm, Ghost Busters.

This is why I don't buy first generation consoles.

News Comments > Outrun 2006 PC Delay
2. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2006, 18:29 beigemore

Hey, don't talk about Outrun like that!

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 1 Facts
3. No subject Feb 13, 2006, 15:04 beigemore

Incredibly advanced Pre-Scripted Artificial Intelligence (PSAI)

News Comments > Quake 4 Demo Glitch
61. No subject Nov 26, 2005, 12:23 beigemore

I liked Quake 4. The details put into the maps are incredible. I especially liked some of the somewhat darker areas where you couldn't see the wall and floor textures, but the lights on the textures still created an outline so you could see where to go... it was almost like.. Disneyland! The gameplay is pretty standard, however.

Anyhow, I've played a little bit of MP, now, and while it's not bad, it really needs some work. The weapons could use more tweaking, as well as the player movement. The physics kind of throws things off and can make movement in some places a bit out of place (ie, strafing and clipping the top of an incline will send you shooting up an extra foot or so).

Also: http://blaze.spicelab.net/caring.png

News Comments > Quake 4 Demo Glitch
48. No subject Nov 25, 2005, 13:53 beigemore

I just finished Quake 4 and while some of the room designs were extremely impressive and very true to Quake 2 architecture, the gameplay itself was very average. It was still fun.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Quake 4
284. No subject Oct 23, 2005, 14:13 beigemore

I just played through Quake 4 and it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. The weapon upgrades were pretty cool to play around with.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Lost Coast Next Week
17. No subject Oct 22, 2005, 00:12 beigemore

Snore.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Quake 4
236. Quake 4, and stuff. Oct 21, 2005, 00:12 beigemore

I liked Quake's single player, and thought multiplayer was ok.
I liked Quake 2's single player, and also enjoyed the multiplayer.
I didn't enjoy Quake 3's single player, but I loved the multiplayer.

I loved Half-life's single player, and enjoyed the multiplayer (before it sucked).
I thought Half-life 2's single player was ok, and didn't like the multiplayer.

I really enjoyed Doom 3's single player (though the labs got way too repetitive), but didn't care for the multiplayer at all.

I'm not very far into Quake 4 single player, and I'm not overly impressed with it, YET. However, I have spent most of my time with the multiplayer part and have really enjoyed it since it feels so much like Quake 3, with a dash of Quake 2.

I was hoping the videos on the bonus DVD would be something like mpeg, avi, or even DVD video, but they went with that crappy bink encoding so it takes forever to load off the disc. Even after the videos start playing, they sometimes stutter. Really annoying.

News Comments > Quake 4 Linux Plans
12. No subject Oct 21, 2005, 00:03 beigemore

Using an operating system just to spite a competing company is great.

News Comments > Gold - Zoo Tycoon 2: Endangered Species
8. No subject Oct 10, 2005, 13:54 beigemore

You said penal.

News Comments > Gold - Quake 4
100. No subject Oct 4, 2005, 11:16 beigemore

To #62: I hear Myst and Tetris are pretty good.

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to this mostly because of the multiplayer... CTF, specifically. Quake 3 physics and speed, new graphics engine (relative to Quake, at least), and multiple capture modes? I'm there.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 11:16.

News Comments > Gold - Myst V: End of Ages
6. No subject Sep 8, 2005, 23:03 beigemore

Good riddance.

News Comments > Gatherings - Quake 4 MP at QuakeCon
9. No subject Aug 10, 2005, 00:08 beigemore

I didn't like the Gaylord. Adam's Mark was definitely the best location of any QuakeCon.

Adam's Mark = big hotel, no insane nightly rates, fast food right across the street via sky walk

Gaylord = big hotel, much higher nightly rate, either pay for parking or ride a shuttle to the "other" lot, have to drive way down the road to get fast food

The location in Irving, TX wasn't bad, either, since there were plenty of places to eat just across the street that sayed open late or even 24 hours. Gaylord is just too highclass for something like QuakeCon.

News Comments > Worms Return
29. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2005, 22:58 beigemore

Gorilla was a qbasic program... Radio Shack used to always have it running on their computers that were for sale.

Search for "gorilla.bas" on Google. "nibbles.bas" was also a good one.

298 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo