Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for brandon

Real Name brandon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname beigemore
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://blaze.kinetix.net/
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 20:43
Total Comments 298 (Amateur)
User ID 21298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty 4
47. No subject Nov 7, 2007, 01:00 beigemore

Well, there are three different groups you play as. I've only played as two so far, so I'm assuming the third is also one of the good guys. Anyway, Jackson is in the US Marines sections, and Soap (yes, that's his name) is in the British SAS. So while you play the English guy, the voices are different. Also, you don't just play like one campaign and then go on to the next like how Starcraft was. It switches back and forth between the different people you play to show how their stories are intertwined.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty 4
44. Re: Call of DOOTY Nov 6, 2007, 20:21 beigemore

In response to #25 / Zephalaphelah:

It would be okay if they had some sort of radar to show you where you need to go because sometimes I'm like "WTF, where in the hell are you voice? ... oh you're on the staircase, well thanks for telling me, it's not like I can discern your location from this non-directional voice."

The compass at the bottom of the screen will usually have a yellow circle that indicates the direction you should be heading. I was in the same boat as you until I realized this.

Anyway, I VERY RARELY buy single player computer games. It just doesn't make sense to me. However, I thought the demo of COD4 was pretty cool, so I actually decided to buy this. I'd seen/played the COD demo that was on 360 when it first came out and thought it was pretty neat, but I've never really been interested in the series. I'm more a Quake 3 and TF2 person.

I haven't really tried the multiplayer part of this game yet, but I have been playing through single player and it's actually pretty cool. The graphics and atmosphere are really awesome, and there's always a sense of emergency going on.

While I do think it's a bit much to pay for a "single" player game, I am having fun with it, and I don't regret the purchase.

Can't wait for Crysis for and Assassin's Creed!!

News Comments > Gold - Crysis
81. No subject Nov 6, 2007, 11:08 beigemore

I wasn't impressed with Far Cry, but do enjoy Crysis (at least the demo). I'll be buying it.

News Comments > Bionic Commando Movies
3. No subject Oct 29, 2007, 20:50 beigemore

As much as I loved, and still love, the original game on NES, this new one is looking pretty generic to me.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Demo
39. No subject Oct 18, 2007, 21:39 beigemore

People compare it to Diablo 2 because it's the same people making this game, but the gameplay is nothing like Diablo, and is not as fun.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Demo
24. No subject Oct 18, 2007, 18:40 beigemore

I really don't like this game. It's cool at first, but it becomes way too monotonous while not being very involved. It feels like a poor first/third person shooter that looks great. It's missing something.. oh, right, the game play.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo Released
74. UT3 demo Oct 12, 2007, 20:26 beigemore

I still play Quake 3 fairly regularly.

I like the UT3 demo.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament III Specs
14. No subject Oct 3, 2007, 12:41 beigemore

I'm still sporting a 6800GS. I'm ready to buy an 8800GTS/GTX, but it's so hard to bring myself to do so with the 8900/9000 series supposedly coming out very soon.

News Comments > StarCraft II Q&A
2. Re: No subject Sep 30, 2007, 02:48 beigemore

I just ignore stuff like this until they announce a release date, and then again until it's gold.

News Comments > Crysis System Specs, Sort Of
2. No subject Sep 20, 2007, 21:57 beigemore

I was thinking the same thing.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. FFXI Sep 20, 2007, 14:22 beigemore

Looking forward to the new FFXI expansion.

News Comments > BioShock Widescreen Woes
24. eh... Aug 22, 2007, 00:05 beigemore

So this is interesting... I use a mouse left handed, and am pretty good at first person shooters, but BioShock won't let me set my normal movement keys because one is not changable.. so I decide to shift my movement keys one to the left.. and one of those keys is not changable.

WTF?

Instead of WASD, I use IJKL --except in this game-- which is the only game that has ever made this an issue. I tried using UHJK, but it won't let me do that, either.

That's freakin' awesome.

News Comments > ET: QUAKE Wars to Include Ads
146. No subject Jun 20, 2007, 10:51 beigemore

Remember when everyone was saying they wouldn't buy a Wii when Nintendo first announced that it was going to be called "Wii?"

News Comments > Halo 2 and LIVE Live
27. Re: No subject May 31, 2007, 22:30 beigemore

In regards to Quake 3 for Dreamcast..

Sega/id at least gave the console players the option of using the Dreamcast keyboard and mouse to play the game with.. you could even bring the console down. It was cool. No fov changing, though.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: PS3 Update: Upscaling May 23, 2007, 18:07 beigemore

Don't they need to be able to sell the 60gb models first?
This comment was edited on May 23, 18:07.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. No subject Aug 15, 2006, 03:28 beigemore

There's nothing wrong with a few gigahertz. There are good old games and there will be good new games in the future. While I absolutely love a good 2D platformer, I can be a sucker for eye candy, too. There's no reason to dislike "good" or "modern" video game graphics. Those 2.5D games aren't bad, either.

EDIT: Also, I've been playing Dead Rising for a few days and it has yet to lock up or slow down on me due to heat issues.
This comment was edited on Aug 15, 03:29.

News Comments > Prey Patch, Content Plans
9. No subject Aug 12, 2006, 00:39 beigemore

That would be boring.

News Comments > QuakeCon-o-Rama, Part Two
16. No subject Aug 7, 2006, 19:55 beigemore

I totally agree! PC game makers should only sell best sellers, and not publish anything else.

News Comments > Flight Sim X Beta Plans
6. No subject Aug 6, 2006, 00:44 beigemore

Someone always has to play the "if you didn't care then why did you say something" card.

News Comments > FFXI Bans
8. Re: No subject Jul 27, 2006, 13:45 beigemore

I don't know about you, but I used windower and I did NOT use any type of cheat to automatically run through maps and mine. I'm not sure why you would associate all windower users with botters. Sure, the botters have to use windower to run their programs, but most windower users didn't do that.

298 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo