Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for brandon

Real Name brandon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname beigemore
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://blaze.kinetix.net/
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 20:43
Total Comments 311 (Amateur)
User ID 21298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Mobilization
1. No subject Aug 17, 2008, 14:33 beigemore

The Gateway FX laptops are pretty nice for the price.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Second TF2 Unlockable Weapon
2. Re: ... Aug 15, 2008, 23:20 beigemore

Still not interested in the heavy.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. No subject Aug 6, 2008, 23:03 beigemore

The fatality crap really annoys me.

News Comments > On id's Cancelled Game
58. No subject Aug 2, 2008, 19:50 beigemore

I liked Doom 3. The beginning of the game was awesome, then the middle of the game REALLY dragged out for way too long.. those laboratires or whatever were the same scenes over and over almost, but the end, when you finally get to the hell areas, brought the game back to being cool. I enjoyed it and felt it was worth the money I spent on it.

However, with that said, I'm not going to miss any clones of that game..

News Comments > DOOM 4 Not Titled DOOM 4
9. Re: ... Aug 2, 2008, 00:28 beigemore

When they talk about a game running at 30hz or 60hz, they're talking about the stuff behind the scenes. The game logic runs at that framerate, but the actual display framerate can be higher. Take Quake 3, for example. The video framerate is what determines the game logic's framerate, so you could set your framrate to cap at certain numbers, such as 125, and you could actually jump farther because of that. Having the rendering and logic performed separately prevents things like that from happening.

News Comments > id Software Q&A
15. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2008, 19:16 beigemore

Go the F away already....
Wow, for a site that has its foundation built on Quake and id products, there sure is a lot of animosity. Maybe Gamespot or IGN would be a better site for you?

Doom 4: Now with 3x more darkness and lockers.
They specifically said in the interview that the complaints about the darkness of Doom 3, as well as any other complaints, are directly influencing the development of their new games.. so, don't expect a game as dark as Doom 3.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 19:17.

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. ... Jul 15, 2008, 21:46 beigemore

Wow.. Norton Beta.. sign me up..................

News Comments > More on id and EA - Rage Movie
26. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2008, 14:50 beigemore

Yeah the Quake engines have always been steamlined compared to the Unreal Engine... nothing better then trying to join a MP game and not have the map and get a message 'you do not have the map' under a Quake Engine game, while Unreal would just download the map and whatever else is needed.

But unlike id's titles, Crytek's titles actually had AI beyond 'See player charge at player'.

Because the sv_allowdownload and cl_allowdownload variables don't exist, right?

News Comments > Xbox Exclusive Portal Game
29. Re: Typical Valve Sellout Jul 14, 2008, 20:21 beigemore

I really have to disagree. I loved HL1 and finished HL2, but I really didn't enjoy HL2 at all. I bought HL2 when it was first released and absolutely hated the fact that I had to use Steam to play it. I remember the forums here blowing up with people talking about how much they hate Steam -- and I was one of them. When Orange Box was released, I refused to even look at it the first month after it was released because of how it was connected with Steam, but I finally bit the bullet after hearing friends talking about Portal. I finished Portal a day after I purchased Orange Box, and didn't touch anything else until literally a month later, when I tried TF2. As it turns out, I really like(d) TF2. It's much less spammy that UT, and honestly feels closer to Quake gameplay, which, I guess, is why I enjoy it so much. I love the art style, and it runs great on both my laptop and desktop.

With that said, I don't think it's fair to say that only Valve fanboys like TF2. I really didn't like Valve solely because of Steam up until this point.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2008, Part 4
4. No subject Jul 12, 2008, 10:06 beigemore

Dumb E3 and Epic!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: CliffyB Jul 9, 2008, 22:55 beigemore

Could always just use an atari-to-usb adapter.

After that, they'll start wanting a number pad instead.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 22:56.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2008, Part 1
1. No subject Jul 9, 2008, 22:52 beigemore

Poor E3. It used to be cool.

News Comments > Dragon Age Name Change, Tease Continues - Updated
5. No subject Jul 9, 2008, 22:52 beigemore

All of the screenshots I can find of the game look like crap..

What was that one RPG FPS game there was a video for quite a while back where it showed some mage flying by on a dragon and it knocking a wall down or something like that? It looked cool, but looked pre-rendered at the time, too.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. No subject Jul 9, 2008, 16:58 beigemore

I dunno, I was completely against Vista for the longest time, but decided to bite the bullet when building my new system a couple months ago and went with Vista Home Premium 64bit. I've had zero issues with it, and it runs really fast for me. My mind has been changed.

I work in retail and deal with new Vista PC's every single day. I've seen the ins and outs but I never really sat down and used any of those systems like I would use my own. I didn't realize how decent it was until I actually bought it for myself.

I think for Vista to run well, you really do need a system with 4gb ram and the 64bit version of the OS. I've owned two laptops, the P6831FX (Vista32, 3gb ram, T5450 1.6ghz) and now the P6860FX (Vista64, 4gb ram, T5550 1.83ghz), and the 6860FX runs a lot smoother than the 6831. I don't think the 200mhz difference in CPU speed is the reason for the jump in performance. I ended up running XP on the 6831, but I'm going to stick with Vista on the 6860.

I'm not advocating that Vista is great for everyone, but it works well if it isn't running on crappy hardware.

Just my two cents.

News Comments > id: Rage "On a Whole New Level"
35. No subject Jul 8, 2008, 17:34 beigemore

I don't know... I do love me some notepad, and I do appreciate being able to see the numbers like that.

News Comments > id: Rage "On a Whole New Level"
28. No subject Jul 8, 2008, 17:09 beigemore

I thought Doom 3 was pretty cool and enjoyed the atmosphere. The lack of a mounted flash light was not an issue for me at all. :/ I enjoyed playing through the game once, but haven't had the desire to since. I don't feel I was cheated out of my money, though, as I enjoyed it the first time through.

Anyhow, I'm looking to their next game.

News Comments > New UT3 Snowreal
1. No subject Jul 3, 2008, 18:00 beigemore

Still waiting for Snowquake.

News Comments > Blizzard on PC Gaming
20. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2008, 22:39 beigemore

There's some website selling Diablo 2 key sets (original and LOD) for like $5. Look at the thread here...

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1321746

News Comments > TF2 Heavy Plans
20. No subject Jul 2, 2008, 16:35 beigemore

They could maybe give the heavy an ability to walk at normal speed while firing for about 5 or 10 seconds in exchange for 50 hp.

311 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo