Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for brandon

Real Name brandon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname beigemore
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://blaze.kinetix.net/
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 20:43
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 21298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > What about Prey 2?
13. Re: What about Prey 2? Aug 4, 2009, 18:26 beigemore

I really enjoyed Prey up to the last level or two. The level near the end where you constantly are fighting people on ceiling and having to flip back and forth was really annoying.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aion Pre-purchase Pitch
4. Re: Aion Pre-purchase Pitch Jul 31, 2009, 16:50 beigemore

If you're going to buy the game anyway, you might as well preorder and get to mess around with it early. Also, it's better than paying full price and finding out you don't like the game.

Just spend the $5 for preordering at Best Buy or Gamestop, register it, try it out. If you don't like it, return your preorder. You got to play the game, found out you didn't like it, and you didn't lose any money.

News Comments > The Force Unleashed on PCs
59. Re: The Force Unleashed on PCs Jul 25, 2009, 19:14 beigemore

I didn't like the console version, but it really miffs me that they had the balls to originally say that standard gaming PC couldn't handle the game because they have omgphysics running in the background. That's huge turn off when a company says crap like that, and again when they later decided to release it and it runs great on even dated hardware.  

News Comments > id Linux Port Plans
1. Re: id Linux Port Plans Jul 21, 2009, 01:14 beigemore

Oh well.  

News Comments > TweetCraft
10. Re: TweetCraft Jul 3, 2009, 16:26 beigemore

Twitter is too much work.  

News Comments > Quake Arena Arcade Screenshot
4. Re: Quake Arena Arcade Screenshot Jul 1, 2009, 23:17 beigemore

Probably no keyboard and mouse support.. even the Dreamcast version supported that.  

News Comments > StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy
46. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 13:28 beigemore

Go go Activision.  

News Comments > WoW Faction Switching Plans
12. Re: WoW Faction Switching Plans Jun 30, 2009, 03:12 beigemore

I do like the fact that SE doesn't nerf-'n-buff all the classes every single patch.  

News Comments > QuakeCon 2009 Moves
3. Re: QuakeCon 2009 Moves Jun 30, 2009, 03:07 beigemore

I've been to several Quakecon's... the last, I believe, was at the Gaylord Texan in like 2003 or 2004. I don't think the hotel is a very good fit for Qcon. It's too far away from general fast food crap that lan people are going to want.  

News Comments > Next E3 is June 15-17, 2010
2. Re: Next E3 is June 15-17, 2010 Jun 5, 2009, 03:43 beigemore

Much better than that other crap they tried to pull.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Interview
7. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Interview Jun 4, 2009, 15:56 beigemore

There are quite a few people that have actually solo'd several jobs all the way to 75.

The crafting system is all estimates. Certain moon phases and days supposedly give certain benefits. You can always craft whatever you want, but if you want the extra .2% chance to get a high quality item you wait until everything is aligned. I don't see anything wrong with that. (personally, I think crafting is boring in FFXI, though)

Also, if you have an good party, you can easily go from 35 to 45 in a day. You obviously didn't play the game enough to experience that.

The thing I enjoyed the most was the level grind. I went to wow about 8 months ago, and I'm very bored with end game there.. even with Ulduar. The character/class consolidation is something I miss a lot from FFXI.

Anyhow, FFXI is a much different game than it was a few years ago. There's a lot more solo content in it now.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV
22. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Jun 3, 2009, 00:19 beigemore

It's actually 2 million active characters, not accounts. Accounts can have several characters on them.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV
20. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Jun 3, 2009, 00:00 beigemore

FFXI has a small community when compared to wow, but it's a much more tight knit group of players.. even if they aren't players that post on forums, etc, it's just how the game works.

I played FFXI for about 5 years and switched to wow last year due to time issues. I'm really looking forward to FF14, as are a lot of my wow guild mates.

News Comments > Final Fantasy XI Expands
3. Re: Final Fantasy XI Expands Apr 18, 2009, 21:10 beigemore

I play wow now, but I played FFXI for many years. While it sucks as a gigantic time sink, it's hard to beat the character/enemy animations and the balance of everything.  

News Comments > DOOM 3 Source Patent Issue
8. Re: DOOM 3 Source Patent Issue Apr 8, 2009, 02:14 beigemore

I believe id included eax support so they wouldn't have to pay creative for a license to use the zfail method.

It's really crappy that creative got a patent on that when they aren't even in the 3d graphic rendering biz.

News Comments > Blizzard's Redneck Rampage?
12. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 14:02 beigemore

Not really looking forward to this..  

News Comments > Stardock's DRM Goo
20. Re: Stardock's DRM Goo Mar 25, 2009, 16:38 beigemore

Wow, they still just don't get it. I don't mind having to enter a serial number to play a game online, but there's no way in hell I'm going to pay for a computer game that requires activation just to play single player mode. I am a firm believer of paying for games you enjoy. I really want to purchase Mass Effect for PC even though I've finished it on 360 several times, and I really want to play Dead Space for PC, as well, but unfortunately I cannot due my absolute disagreement with the restrictions placed on their licenses.

Guess I'll be sticking with MMO's and QuakeLive for an indefinite amount of time now.

News Comments > Age of Conan Interview
5. Re: Age of Conan Interview Mar 8, 2009, 14:59 beigemore

As sad as it is, gear progression is what most people play mmo's for.. including myself. Though there are some games that actually have storyline progression along with gear rewards, such as Final Fantasy XI.  

News Comments > Stormrise Vista/DirectX 10 Only
73. Re: Stormrise DX10 Only Mar 4, 2009, 20:18 beigemore

This is great news. I've been running Vista64 on both my laptop and desktop for about a year now and have absolutely loved it. I really hated Vista at first because I had to deal with my customer's issues of incompatibility, etc, but now since it has had time to grow, I've had a big change of heart.

It runs faster than XP ever did, it needs much fewer reboots, it's unbelievably stable, and all of my software works with it. I can definitely say I will never go back to XP.

It's really time for everyone to just move on. People complain about their 8 year old OS losing support, but it can't be supported forever. It's like people refusing to run games in Win95 and were sticking with DOS when Win95 was first released.

News Comments > New Linux Prey
1. Re: New Linux Prey Feb 22, 2009, 15:31 beigemore

This would be cool about five years ago.  

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo