Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for brandon

Real Name brandon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname beigemore
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://blaze.kinetix.net/
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 20:43
Total Comments 301 (Amateur)
User ID 21298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV
22. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Jun 3, 2009, 00:19 beigemore

It's actually 2 million active characters, not accounts. Accounts can have several characters on them.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV
20. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Jun 3, 2009, 00:00 beigemore

FFXI has a small community when compared to wow, but it's a much more tight knit group of players.. even if they aren't players that post on forums, etc, it's just how the game works.

I played FFXI for about 5 years and switched to wow last year due to time issues. I'm really looking forward to FF14, as are a lot of my wow guild mates.

News Comments > Final Fantasy XI Expands
3. Re: Final Fantasy XI Expands Apr 18, 2009, 21:10 beigemore

I play wow now, but I played FFXI for many years. While it sucks as a gigantic time sink, it's hard to beat the character/enemy animations and the balance of everything.  

News Comments > DOOM 3 Source Patent Issue
8. Re: DOOM 3 Source Patent Issue Apr 8, 2009, 02:14 beigemore

I believe id included eax support so they wouldn't have to pay creative for a license to use the zfail method.

It's really crappy that creative got a patent on that when they aren't even in the 3d graphic rendering biz.

News Comments > Blizzard's Redneck Rampage?
12. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 14:02 beigemore

Not really looking forward to this..  

News Comments > Stardock's DRM Goo
20. Re: Stardock's DRM Goo Mar 25, 2009, 16:38 beigemore

Wow, they still just don't get it. I don't mind having to enter a serial number to play a game online, but there's no way in hell I'm going to pay for a computer game that requires activation just to play single player mode. I am a firm believer of paying for games you enjoy. I really want to purchase Mass Effect for PC even though I've finished it on 360 several times, and I really want to play Dead Space for PC, as well, but unfortunately I cannot due my absolute disagreement with the restrictions placed on their licenses.

Guess I'll be sticking with MMO's and QuakeLive for an indefinite amount of time now.

News Comments > Age of Conan Interview
5. Re: Age of Conan Interview Mar 8, 2009, 14:59 beigemore

As sad as it is, gear progression is what most people play mmo's for.. including myself. Though there are some games that actually have storyline progression along with gear rewards, such as Final Fantasy XI.  

News Comments > Stormrise Vista/DirectX 10 Only
73. Re: Stormrise DX10 Only Mar 4, 2009, 20:18 beigemore

This is great news. I've been running Vista64 on both my laptop and desktop for about a year now and have absolutely loved it. I really hated Vista at first because I had to deal with my customer's issues of incompatibility, etc, but now since it has had time to grow, I've had a big change of heart.

It runs faster than XP ever did, it needs much fewer reboots, it's unbelievably stable, and all of my software works with it. I can definitely say I will never go back to XP.

It's really time for everyone to just move on. People complain about their 8 year old OS losing support, but it can't be supported forever. It's like people refusing to run games in Win95 and were sticking with DOS when Win95 was first released.

News Comments > New Linux Prey
1. Re: New Linux Prey Feb 22, 2009, 15:31 beigemore

This would be cool about five years ago.  

News Comments > Fallout 3 DLC Delay
15. Re: Fallout 3 DLC Delay Feb 8, 2009, 02:43 beigemore

Wow, a lot of complainers here...

You guys could just buy an Xbox and then you wouldn't have to worry about if your gaming system will get DLC or not. I don't own either system, but if all the features/etc are going to one system, it'd make sense to get that system and not get your panties in a ginormous wad.

News Comments > Hellgate: London R.I.P.
17. Re: Hellgate: London R.I.P. Feb 2, 2009, 17:48 beigemore

Well yeah, that totally refutes the point that Best Buy is still selling them.

They aren't aware that the game servers are down, and probably don't care. I'd guess the games have been sitting on the shelf for a long time now. Not everyone follows video game news.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2009, 17:48.

News Comments > DirectX 11 Preview
56. Re: DirectX 11 Preview Feb 1, 2009, 22:25 beigemore

I've been running 64bit Vista on my desktop and my gaming laptop for about a year now and I can easily say that I'll never go back to XP. I've had zero issues with either computer, and all games have run amazingly well.

Anyhow, I think it's silly for people to keep complaining about XP starting to lose support for certain things. They can't support it forever. They've got to force a change eventually. It's similar to the HD signal switch over for TV's. People have known about it for at least a year because they've been spamming the commercials on the over the air channels, yet some people still haven't purchased convertors and they will act surprised... they just need to switch and get it over with.

News Comments > Circuit City Closing
5. Re: Circuit City Closing Jan 16, 2009, 17:38 beigemore

I prefer Fry's, but Best Buy is closer.  

News Comments > Half of Age of Conan Servers Closing
8. Re: Half of Age of Conan Servers Closing Jan 12, 2009, 23:23 beigemore

I played AOC when it first came out during the trial period. I don't think this is a bad move for them. Final Fantasy XI only has around 20 servers and it's got a very strong community behind it, so this will probably only make things better the people that already enjoy the game.  

News Comments > WoW Death Knights Expand
30. Re: WoW Death Knights Expand Jan 9, 2009, 15:58 beigemore

The same thing happens in Final Fantasy XI when they release new classes... almost EVERYONE starts to play them... however, it isn't as bad as in WoW since you use the same character and can change your class whenever you feel like.  

News Comments > Game Price Cut "Warning"
40. Re: Game Price Cut Dec 23, 2008, 19:34 beigemore

I don't understand why games cost the same now as they did 20 years ago considering inflationary pressures. Games today often have a lot more content these days too. Considering production values have gone up a lot, I'm surprised these game companies can stay afloat.

They're moving MANY more units now than they ever were 20 years ago.

Also, with console games at $60, I find that I very rarely buy them and tend to stick with smaller purchases on XBLA. $50 is definitely more palatable.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch Plans
7. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans Dec 12, 2008, 15:33 beigemore

nevermind

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2008, 15:36.

News Comments > Prince of Persia Pre-Purchase Offer
2. Re: Prince of Persia Pre-Purchase Offer Dec 5, 2008, 13:10 beigemore

Sands of Time is a great game, but it plays much better on a console..  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 29, 2008, 18:29 beigemore

I'm still waiting for White College Football Experience.

Seriously.. wtf..

News Comments > THQ-Mania on Steam
6. Re: THQ-Mania on Steam Nov 26, 2008, 20:52 beigemore

I don't know why, but when I see THQ, I always think of low quality/boring NES games like Fun House...  

301 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo