Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for brandon

Real Name brandon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname beigemore
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://blaze.kinetix.net/
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 20:43
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 21298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year
7. Re: Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year Sep 1, 2011, 20:02 beigemore

engrish?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Take-Two Sued by Former QA Tester
6. Re: ARRRGGGGGHHH Sep 1, 2011, 08:14 beigemore

Fibrocyte wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 06:03:
Take Two should be sued just for paying QA testers anywhere near minimum wage. They must be picking up idiot kids off the street instead of hiring people who do QA engineering work for a living.

video game playing engineers?

News Comments > Howard on Bugs and Why Skyrim is Not an MMOG
17. Re: Howard on Bugs and Why Skyrim is Not an MMOG Sep 1, 2011, 00:23 beigemore

I've been a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls games ever since Arena was first released. I really enjoy the series, obviously, but I do think adding some type of multiplayer aspect would be awesome. I don't mean like battle.net type stuff, I mean more along the lines of "hey, here's my ip address. connect to me." The ability to run around with a friend while playing the game would be great! They could just double or triple monsters' health pools, or possibly have more monsters in general, and call it done. Just a very, very simple multiplayer option is what I want in an Elder Scrolls game.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Turns 15
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Turns 15 Sep 1, 2011, 00:17 beigemore

I stupidly gave the game away in the late 90's. Still have my original Arena, though. I definitely don't remember getting that letter opener, either, and I bought game right when it came out.  

News Comments > Ultima 1-3 on GOG.com
12. Re: Ultima 1-3 on GOG.com Aug 31, 2011, 05:01 beigemore

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 03:58:
I picked up a roland MT-32, CM-64 and an SC-88 off ebay over the last couple of years for sod all money. They're all connected to my windows 7 pc via a roland USB to midi converter.
Playing U6 and U7 via dosbox with the full intended midi is pretty fucking awesome. Hell even U8 isn't that bad once you get over the stupid jumping puzzles.

I purchased an MT-32 about 10 years ago and have really enjoyed it. It's a must have if you're into old PC games. I do also want to say, however, that Roland MT-32 emulation is pretty freakin' impressive now. It's actually difficult to distinguish the emulation from the real thing now. You may want to check that out, as it can free up some spare room on your desk, but I know how awesome it is seeing that green backlit LCD going to down with midi music.

Also, I really, truly want to play through Ultima 6 and 7, but I just cannot get into the games. I've tried over and over, and they just feel so clunky. I also watched a play through of Ultima 6 and the overall game was a huge let down. Even though I've not played through it, the soundtrack from Ultima 6 on the MT-32 is one of my absolute favorites. The introduction song, character creation, then the song played after you go through the red gate at the beginning (basically the intro song with with percussion), and then of course, Stones.

I wish they would redo the Ultima games, use the same or very similar storylines, give them modern interfaces/graphics/soundtracks (using the same tunes, of course) and maybe combine 1 through 3 for one game and then 4 through 6 as another game, with each of the original games being one of three chapters.

News Comments > Valve on the Importance of Not Sucking
23. Re: Valve on the Importance of Not Sucking Aug 30, 2011, 09:28 beigemore

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 21:09:
So I guess they don't Half-life is a cool IP anymore? Fine. Give it to someone who does.

Half-life was only cool up until around 2004.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message
40. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message Aug 29, 2011, 22:37 beigemore

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 19:38:
Yeah but i can live with slight mis-match, but not when whole words are dropped or animated but not spoken.

I've gotten to where I specifically don't watch their mouths because it looks so awful when they're speaking (english version).

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play
33. Re: Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play Jun 24, 2011, 04:03 beigemore

Dev wrote on Jun 23, 2011, 22:42:
I wish they'd give something to existing customers though, to show appreciation for paying it. Probably would take only 10 mins for valve to whip up a customer hat and give it to everyone who had the game prior to today. Or maybe a $10 credit at the TF2 store, that would encourage people to spend more there.

You get a hat called "The Proof of Purchase" that all classes can wear.

From a lot of the comments I'm reading, it really sounds like a lot of people talking shit about the game don't even play it. Anyhow, I've played it off and on quite a bit since it was released and have casually gotten every weapon in the game multiple times. None of the weapons/items are necessary to be good at the game. People saying "best stats win" are full of crap. All of the default weapons are very good. Switching over to any customer weapons requires that you lose some benefit that the default weapons provide. You can use whatever you want at anytime and still be a great asset to the team (minus the engineer using mini-sentries while playing defense).

The game is fun because there's no best-in-slot bs that you have to mess with. You use whichever items you enjoy the most. Maybe if you play in a league then it does make a slight difference, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the pugging that most players are going to be participating in.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Trailer
18. Re: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Trailer Feb 24, 2011, 13:46 beigemore

As always, it could be better, but I'm looking forward to this. I've been a fan since Arena in the DOS days.  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor
27. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor Nov 23, 2010, 13:49 beigemore

The soundtrack was the best thing about Oblivion. I've been a huge Elder Scrolls fan since Arena (still even have the box for it and everything that came with it), but Oblivion kind of killed itself because of the way things leveled with you. It never really felt like progression.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Explanations
34. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Explanations Nov 18, 2010, 00:48 beigemore

Square done f'd up!  

News Comments > King's Quest Fan Game Saved
7. Re: King's Quest Fan Game Saved Jun 27, 2010, 11:54 beigemore

Episodes? :/  

News Comments > QuakeCon Premium BYOC Plans
1. Re: QuakeCon Premium BYOC Plans Jun 24, 2010, 00:22 beigemore

I haven't been to a quakecon in years, but this could be kind of cool.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
8. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jun 12, 2010, 16:15 beigemore

Welcome to the internet, where everyone's interpretations of everyone's posts are different.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jun 12, 2010, 01:43 beigemore

Still waiting for the stupid engineer update.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation May 28, 2010, 02:34 beigemore

I don't think most people will care very much in two years.  

News Comments > SEGA Genesis Games for PCs Next Month
24. Re: SEGA Genesis Games for PCs Next Month May 21, 2010, 19:52 beigemore

Go go Revenge of Shinobi.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 7, 2010, 02:47 beigemore

It's kind of dumb to associate the sales of the years old DS/DSi with the sales of the iPad. The people that are buying iPads obviously have the spare cash to purchase such things, and if they ever wanted a DS/DSi, they would already have one. Nintendo just needs to step up their hardware game or they're going to end up like Sega.  

News Comments > WoW: Cataclysm Family & Friends Testing
2. Re: WoW: Cataclysm Family & Friends Testing May 4, 2010, 12:43 beigemore

omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg  

News Comments > Stolen SF4 Footage Sought
9. Re: Stolen SF4 Footage Sought Apr 24, 2010, 19:20 beigemore

They probably shouldn't leave stuff like that out and unlocked with that many strangers around anyway.  

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo