Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for brandon

Real Name brandon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname beigemore
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://blaze.kinetix.net/
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 20:43
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 21298

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
31. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 16:36 beigemore

Beamer wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 13:10:
Or do people just not really realize how much slower time is moving when they're in their 30s than in their teens?

Not that it matters, but I think you have that backwards. Time feels like it moves faster as you get older. That's why summers feel endless as a child but are over too soon as an adult.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday
7. Re: Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday Nov 17, 2014, 11:13 beigemore

Endo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 11:00:
Looks cool, but I don't see anything in the video that remotely resembles an MMO.

I saw them click the MMO check box though.

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebration This Week
6. Re: RE: Follow up Nov 1, 2014, 23:40 beigemore

nin wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 17:13:
The thing about that is, when I played wow, it took up so much time that I didn't buy/play as many other games.

A fairer comparison would be comparing it to how much a given player spent on other games in 10 years.

I play WoW now (off and on since 2008) mostly because it's cheaper than playing other games and, for the most part, there is always something to do. I'm paying for it, so I tend to stay in and play it more, so I save money from not going out as much, too.

News Comments > New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk
6. Re: New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk Sep 21, 2014, 16:01 beigemore

I hate sounding like a fan boy, but Carmack is great. He's realistic about things.  

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 20, 2014, 20:43 beigemore

Looks good, but I don't know if the theme will pull modern gamer kiddies in.  

News Comments > TOXIKK Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: TOXIKK Gameplay Trailer Sep 20, 2014, 20:38 beigemore

Wow, I haven't been interested in an FPS in years. This looks pretty tempting.  

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
23. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 28, 2014, 14:25 beigemore

Bunny hopping is half the feel of the game. :/

EDIT: Ok, so maybe that change isn't too bad.

A basic "bunny" and auto-hop mechanic has been introduced that allows players to simply hold forward and jump to build up some speed. However, because the new bunnyjumping only provides a limited amount of accel gain, and is only effective on straightaways, players will still need to learn strafe jumping over time we hope that this new mechanic will allow both general movement and gameplay to become more accessible encouraging them to continue to play so that they may over time become more accustom to the finer side of Quake.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2014, 14:31.

News Comments > Obsidian's Pathfinder License
10. Re: Obsidian's Pathfinder License Aug 13, 2014, 18:19 beigemore

It's not a competitive game. It's a co-op story played through cards.

There's the adventure path, which is the entirety of the game (Rise of the Runelords, Skull & Shackles, etc) which is made up of multiple adventures (you buy the adventures separately) and each adventure has multiple scenarios. So you complete the scenarios to complete an adventure, which allows you to move on to the next adventure, which has more scenarios. Eventually you finish the last adventure/scenario and the adventure path is finished (you won the game).

News Comments > Obsidian's Pathfinder License
8. Re: Obsidian's Pathfinder License Aug 13, 2014, 15:20 beigemore

The card game isn't a CCG. You buy a base game that comes with a few classes and the introduction to the story, then you can buy adventure packs which are basically more chapters to the story. It has a definitive ending to the story, as well. There is also a card pack you can buy that adds a few more classes.

There are so many errors on the original cards, though, that I'm looking forward to the electronic version solely for the text corrections.

http://tinyurl.com/nrdjqjb

News Comments > Sierra Reviving King's Quest & Geometry Wars
2. Re: Sierra Reviving King's Quest & Geometry Wars Aug 12, 2014, 10:52 beigemore

A real Space Quest sequel would be pretty nice.. or even Quest for Glory.  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Date Dated
3. Re: Warlords of Draenor Date Dated Aug 4, 2014, 19:46 beigemore

Game isn't ready.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 21, 2014, 16:55 beigemore

Honestly, I'm really surprised no one has said it yet...

Hackers of the world unite. Hack the planet.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 12, 2014, 13:54 beigemore

Completely eliminates the learning curve of building a PC? Yeah, fuck learning.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Countdown
24. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 18:11 beigemore

I've been playing TF2 off and on since release. There are times I go for a few months without touching it, then I end up playing for a few months before getting bored and taking a break again. The variety of weapons and classes is what keeps me coming back. The cosmetic items are neat, but don't matter.

It's really weird, but there's a server I pay $5 a month to play on. I don't mind paying because it's cheaper than an MMO, can keep me entertained for a few hours a day, and the server is always full with fairly competent players.. plus I can join when the server is full as a donator. It makes for inexpensive evenings. I never did any donating with Q3 servers, but perhaps I would now. Who knows...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 3, 2014, 15:21 beigemore

PS+ games are for life, but your subscription has to be active to play them. You also have to add them to your cart and "purchase" them in order to be able to access them later. So if you don't "purchase" this month's games now and they swap them out, you won't be able to get them again until they offer them again.  

News Comments > John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk
11. Re: John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk Jan 31, 2014, 16:29 beigemore

Axis wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 15:53:
My days of Quakecon were some of the best when I lived in Austin in the 90s. What a time...

Quakecon and various CPL events

News Comments > QuakeCon 2014 in July
6. Re: QuakeCon 2014 in July Jan 30, 2014, 21:58 beigemore

LittleMe wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 21:34:
BobBob wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 19:48:
Carmack is gone. What's the point?

I don't think he contributed that much to the event.

His talks at Quakecon are one of the best things about Quakecon.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed
4. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed Jan 29, 2014, 23:12 beigemore

As disappointed as I was with Diablo 3, I have to say that the expansion looks like it could be fun. The D2 expansion made it a much, much better game. Hopefully the same thing happens to D3.  

News Comments > Console Emulation Through Steam
35. Re: Console Emulation Through Steam Oct 14, 2013, 00:39 beigemore

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 13:31:
lol, do you honestly expect anyone to get the roms legally? Stop insulting our intelligence, everyone downloads their roms, despite what you say. It's like those warez groups who put a little txt file that says "if you like this game, buy it and support the developers."

Emulation is piracy because everyone just pirates their ROMs.

Some of your Neo Geo roms were probably dumped off my carts. You're welcome.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
54. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 20:42 beigemore

I haven't played Diablo 3 since launch, but this definitely makes it much, much more attractive. It's about freakin' time.  

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo