Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JF

Real Name JF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LgFriess
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 17:50
Total Comments 145 (Novice)
User ID 21294

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Jay Wilson: Auction Houses "Really Hurt" Diablo III
56. Re: Jay Wilson: Auctions Houses Mar 29, 2013, 13:23 LgFriess

I want to believe that there will be a great rebellion against the expansion and/or D4 and sales will be horrible. If not, companies like ActiBlizz will just keep on putting out crap. It just kills me to see such great franchises ruined.

For all that is holy in the land of PC gamers, don't buy their over marketed, shallow, microtransactioned crap release. Spend your money on the great indie games that have been released or on the AAA titles that have truly earned your cash. That's the only way they'll hear us.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 28, 2013, 14:03 LgFriess

nin wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 11:31:
Cutter wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 11:29:
He acknowledged the rocky launch of the game and apologized to people who had tried to play early on, clarifying that his contributions came after the login screen. He finished up his little intro by requesting that anyone with questions about online vs. offline capabilities to please direct the to the EA PR rep sitting in the audience.

Which tells you everything you need to know.

Yeah: "We fucked up, but you still paid $60."

So true. They have a hissy about pirates but have no problem taking your $60 and serving you up a plate of shit. Then, well then just go on out and joke about it. 'Cause you know, it's funny when you screw over your customers.

I'm sooo happy there are SO many indy developers popping up putting out great work. I enjoy throwing my money at them instead of junk like this supposedly AAA title. You can keep it.

News Comments > POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update
14. Re: POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update Mar 15, 2013, 13:37 LgFriess

This is my favorite game at the moment. Level 64 mara and a 20 something ranger. So far the ranger leveling seems WAY easier... but we'll see what cruel brings.

Leveling the ground slam marauder was pretty good until act 3 cruel and the game suddenly became hard. Then again in mid act 2 merciless. There seem to be a few difficulty walls in there that either send you to farm lower level content and/or group to get by. Oddly enough I don't mind the "grind" game here (always looking for that next great drop!) and grouping is fun but a bit confusing for somebody new to all the effects popping off.

I've always liked to solo these games but enjoy grouping here quite a bit. The game certainly seems tuned to group play IMO...everything becomes sooo much easier playing with others.

I really, really expected to burn out quickly on this game but nope, having fun trying out all kinds of different builds, weapons, reading about other builds and interesting drops. The combination of skills and skill tree stuff is pretty deep.

GGG has done a very good job so far and I was happy to give them $20 for and expanded inventory. They deserve my money.

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
32. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 4, 2013, 19:45 LgFriess

Bishi wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 17:45:
If like me you found the combat to be quite dull in this game (and mostly too easy once you cap some skills) then install Skyrim Redone (SkyRe), overhauls so much in Skyrim (not just combat) and makes it into a much better game. Goes well with many mods but its a great place to start.

Follow the STEP and GEMS guides to help turn Skyrim into something closer to a 2013 game

Ya, I'm trying Skyrim Unleashed right now and may try Requiem as well. Those two as well as SkyRe seem to get it right IMO.

News Comments > Path of Exile Race Events
3. Re: Path of Exile Race Events Feb 21, 2013, 11:04 LgFriess

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 10:35:
Yup, I dropped some coin to deck out my storage container with nice, colorful tags. They need to make their money somehow.

Yep, I did the same. They've done a great job and deserve it.

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
22. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 14:30 LgFriess

Thanks for the economy advice Axis/Verno.

And you have some great points there Bruhnic. HPs and regen rule all at this point. There are interesting builds along the way but you better hit those HP nodes.

I'm hoping armor/shield chaos resistance gets some sort of tweak.

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
17. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 13:52 LgFriess

Loving this game so far.

There are some improvements needed... animations could be better for example.

I'm also sort of waiting for the economy to figure itself out. Or maybe I just need to play more to get a better feel for it (level 47 marauder, end of Act II cruel and various low level characters). I find myself holding onto a lot of yellows, trying to figure out if I should keep them or dump them. Most aren't worth a trade to other players I don't think, but I'm hoping level 50+ will bring more valuable trades. I'm already noticing better orb drops. And it's not like I've actually needed anything other then what has dropped or I've been able to purchase from a vendor in order to progress. I just want to unload this stuff from my stash without screwing myself.

BTW, Bavariian in game if anybody wants to team up! I generally solo but would gladly team up with any fellow bluesnews people.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Updated
9. Re: Diablo III PTR Updated Feb 1, 2013, 13:16 LgFriess

Hark659 wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 11:51:
Too busy playing Path of Exile.

+2

News Comments > Morning Previews
20. Re: Morning Previews Jan 29, 2013, 06:44 LgFriess

Im really enjoying this game so far. Drops seem right, no reliance on an AH. I'm not sure why, but the combat seems more fun then D3/T2...and I really liked T2. I also think the dark atmosphere is a great addition. The microtransactions are truly not needed.

I'm not happy with the always online crap, and some of the combat does feel clunky at times. And though I enjoy map randomization for replayability, I feel areas change/respawn just a bit too quickly at this point and can make me feel rushed at times. Oh, I don't like the frequent trips back to town to clear your bags either. But I can deal with that.

The big thing for me is the drops, sockets, and skill tree. There's a lot to experiment with there.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2013, 07:06.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
14. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:12 LgFriess

Ugh, my library of unplayed games just ... keeps... growing! I now look forward to these sales with a sense of eagerness and dread. Make it stop! There needs to be more hours in a day or something.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 20, 2012, 14:04 LgFriess

I've been playing a lot of PlanetSide 2 and am still surprised at how much fun I'm having. I'm just not a shooter fan lately but this one has been very entertaining. With a squad is great, and I've done some successful lone wolfing when the servers are quiet (weekday mornings).

I still see myself burning out on it though as there just doesn't seem to be any real point. All the ground you gain is/can be lost within minutes. Gaining certs and building your abilities is satisfying now but at a certain point, my classes will be where I want them and the cert gain won't matter.

I dunno, I see SOE talking about this game evolving over YEARS and I hope it does. It really is a blast to play. I'm just not sure how their going to keep everybody's interest over that period of time.

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Dec 16, 2012, 01:16 LgFriess

Sums it up for me too. I wanted so much more out of it. Instead I got a poor WoW clone. As much as I enjoyed WoW for all those years, I'm done with it and all its clones. Bring on some original, deep gameplay please. Oh, and just don't bother if your endgame envolves "dailies." Please just kill that game mechanic... there has to be a better way to accomplish goals.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched
20. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched Dec 12, 2012, 15:15 LgFriess

The problem I found was, despite the story, the game play is still the old school MMO stuff. By that I mean packs of mobs just standing there waiting to die, dailies (the most horrible video game idea ever...EVER), grind, 95% repeated missions with different characters.

I played for the first 6 months, found a good guild, had some fun times, but it is what it is... WoW in space but not as good.

KOTOR3 would have had much more interesting game play I would imagine.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans "Scumbag"
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans Dec 5, 2012, 10:56 LgFriess

Experienced what I assume was my first cheater last night. Could have just been very bad lag on his part though. He was chasing me around a capture point and whenever I would try to shoot him, he would blink all around the screen, finally ending up to my right flank and killing me. I didn't outright claim hacking in general chat though as I'm not sure how a super laggy player would appear. It was very suspicious though.  

News Comments > SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025
3. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 1, 2012, 15:54 LgFriess

I'm enjoying it... a lot. And it totally surprises me. I'm not much of a twitch, multi player gamer nowadays, but the game really has been great for me so far. Tough getting started, and I die waaayyy too much but I'm learning.

Just sitting on top of a mountain looking down on a raging battle is quite a sight. Knowing all of those tanks, aircraft, machine gun blasts going off are other players going at it is impressive.

My one concern is lasting appeal. You win hard fought battles, take territory, take over huge parts of the map, and within an hour it can all be gone. So it leaves me a little empty in that respect. So then the long term appeal comes back to you fine tuning your character and finding a great group to play with. So we'll see how it all turns out.

Give it a shot! Even if you're an old, slow, feeble gamer like I am, there's fun to be had.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 13:26 LgFriess

So ya, the officiating in the Giants/Steelers game. Normally you expect a few bad calls going both ways, but that was something I've never witnessed in all my years watching the NFL. Ugly.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer
12. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 14:08 LgFriess

My only concern after playing the demo is if the game will have that open, sandbox like feel the first one had. For example, I hope it's not 12-20 linear missions (pre made maps, repeated alien locations, one best way to conquer the map, etc) you have to complete to "beat" the game.

As long as it's got that open feel, I can't wait! If it's not sandbox'ish... I'll still play it, but I'll pick it up on sale down the road somewhere.

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
28. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 13:57 LgFriess

I doubt it's really a disappointment. They know WoWs time is passing and Titan is waiting.

Although if ActiBlizz is now nothing but a bunch of non-gaming, bean counting suits, they may be disappointed in the sales numbers... ugh, I guess you're right after all Fion.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 28, 2012, 16:04 LgFriess

I made the mistake of clicking on that review. Won't happen again.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
14. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 13:25 LgFriess

Optional nickname wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 13:18:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 12:24:
... if only to see if Blizzard can ever get their act together...

It really irritates me, and hurts me to know how Blizzard has the whole lot of you hanging by that carrot on a stick.

Blizzard will stop at NOTHING to continue to press on with the RMAH spine, that is the backbone of Diablo 3. Nata, Niet. They have to continue, they have done so with the first 4 patches, they continue to slap you in the face with no legendaries on the ground, not even with a base of %308MF like I currently have.

It is insulting, and hurtful, because we loved Diablo 1 and 2. Blizzard came , and went. Karma is going to be a bitch for them

Ya, I think it's just hard for many of us as gamers to give up on Blizzard when they gave us some great products. You have to hope that somewhere their original gaming company soul still exists.

But, as you said, I think that the real Blizzard has left the building.

145 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo