Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JF

Real Name JF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LgFriess
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 17:50
Total Comments 136 (Novice)
User ID 21294

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
14. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:12 LgFriess

Ugh, my library of unplayed games just ... keeps... growing! I now look forward to these sales with a sense of eagerness and dread. Make it stop! There needs to be more hours in a day or something.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 20, 2012, 14:04 LgFriess

I've been playing a lot of PlanetSide 2 and am still surprised at how much fun I'm having. I'm just not a shooter fan lately but this one has been very entertaining. With a squad is great, and I've done some successful lone wolfing when the servers are quiet (weekday mornings).

I still see myself burning out on it though as there just doesn't seem to be any real point. All the ground you gain is/can be lost within minutes. Gaining certs and building your abilities is satisfying now but at a certain point, my classes will be where I want them and the cert gain won't matter.

I dunno, I see SOE talking about this game evolving over YEARS and I hope it does. It really is a blast to play. I'm just not sure how their going to keep everybody's interest over that period of time.

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Dec 16, 2012, 01:16 LgFriess

Sums it up for me too. I wanted so much more out of it. Instead I got a poor WoW clone. As much as I enjoyed WoW for all those years, I'm done with it and all its clones. Bring on some original, deep gameplay please. Oh, and just don't bother if your endgame envolves "dailies." Please just kill that game mechanic... there has to be a better way to accomplish goals.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched
20. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched Dec 12, 2012, 15:15 LgFriess

The problem I found was, despite the story, the game play is still the old school MMO stuff. By that I mean packs of mobs just standing there waiting to die, dailies (the most horrible video game idea ever...EVER), grind, 95% repeated missions with different characters.

I played for the first 6 months, found a good guild, had some fun times, but it is what it is... WoW in space but not as good.

KOTOR3 would have had much more interesting game play I would imagine.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans "Scumbag"
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans Dec 5, 2012, 10:56 LgFriess

Experienced what I assume was my first cheater last night. Could have just been very bad lag on his part though. He was chasing me around a capture point and whenever I would try to shoot him, he would blink all around the screen, finally ending up to my right flank and killing me. I didn't outright claim hacking in general chat though as I'm not sure how a super laggy player would appear. It was very suspicious though.  

News Comments > SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025
3. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 1, 2012, 15:54 LgFriess

I'm enjoying it... a lot. And it totally surprises me. I'm not much of a twitch, multi player gamer nowadays, but the game really has been great for me so far. Tough getting started, and I die waaayyy too much but I'm learning.

Just sitting on top of a mountain looking down on a raging battle is quite a sight. Knowing all of those tanks, aircraft, machine gun blasts going off are other players going at it is impressive.

My one concern is lasting appeal. You win hard fought battles, take territory, take over huge parts of the map, and within an hour it can all be gone. So it leaves me a little empty in that respect. So then the long term appeal comes back to you fine tuning your character and finding a great group to play with. So we'll see how it all turns out.

Give it a shot! Even if you're an old, slow, feeble gamer like I am, there's fun to be had.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 13:26 LgFriess

So ya, the officiating in the Giants/Steelers game. Normally you expect a few bad calls going both ways, but that was something I've never witnessed in all my years watching the NFL. Ugly.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer
12. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 14:08 LgFriess

My only concern after playing the demo is if the game will have that open, sandbox like feel the first one had. For example, I hope it's not 12-20 linear missions (pre made maps, repeated alien locations, one best way to conquer the map, etc) you have to complete to "beat" the game.

As long as it's got that open feel, I can't wait! If it's not sandbox'ish... I'll still play it, but I'll pick it up on sale down the road somewhere.

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
28. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 13:57 LgFriess

I doubt it's really a disappointment. They know WoWs time is passing and Titan is waiting.

Although if ActiBlizz is now nothing but a bunch of non-gaming, bean counting suits, they may be disappointed in the sales numbers... ugh, I guess you're right after all Fion.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 28, 2012, 16:04 LgFriess

I made the mistake of clicking on that review. Won't happen again.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
14. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 13:25 LgFriess

Optional nickname wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 13:18:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 12:24:
... if only to see if Blizzard can ever get their act together...

It really irritates me, and hurts me to know how Blizzard has the whole lot of you hanging by that carrot on a stick.

Blizzard will stop at NOTHING to continue to press on with the RMAH spine, that is the backbone of Diablo 3. Nata, Niet. They have to continue, they have done so with the first 4 patches, they continue to slap you in the face with no legendaries on the ground, not even with a base of %308MF like I currently have.

It is insulting, and hurtful, because we loved Diablo 1 and 2. Blizzard came , and went. Karma is going to be a bitch for them

Ya, I think it's just hard for many of us as gamers to give up on Blizzard when they gave us some great products. You have to hope that somewhere their original gaming company soul still exists.

But, as you said, I think that the real Blizzard has left the building.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
10. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 12:39 LgFriess

Ya, gaming is goooood right now. GW2, TL2, XCOM coming soon.... and what a fiasco D3 turned into. Maybe they'll pull it together for their next release after learning from their mistakes on D3. Right?

TL2 is one of those games that hours disappear and you wonder what happened to the time. Goodbye weekend!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million
11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 13, 2012, 11:13 LgFriess

Quinn wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 11:02:
Trevellian wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 10:03:
I cannot apprehend why one would chose GW2's style over WoW's,

And I'm exactly the opposite. After playing WoW from beta to Cata, I'd rather jab a pen into my eyeball then log into WoW at this point. Obviously for many, many years I enjoyed WoW. It was a GREAT game for a MMORPG noob like myself. But my goodness, it's so old and stale now. Then SWTOR, ugh, horrible WoW ripoff but not as good.

GW2, some fresh, new ideas, new, well crafted, explorable world, no subscription, no pressure. Will I play it all those years I played WoW? Depends on xpacs, but doubtful. The thing is, right NOW, I actually look forward to logging in and playing. Can't say that about WoW now for years.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
66. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 3, 2012, 10:44 LgFriess

Quinn, if you're into this type of game AT ALL, you'll get you're $60 our of it. The world is big enough and there's enough difference in the characters to get that amount of fun out of it for sure. I'm having a blast just exploring, following my main character's story, and playing around with different weapon/skill abilities. I haven't even hit level 20 yet.

WoW, after playing for years got so damn boring, SWTOR was almost an instant fail due to the small, non interesting worlds and the exact same game play as WoW... just not as good.

Will I still be playing GW2 6 months from now? No idea, but since there is no sub, I don't care. It feels bigger and better then WoW at about every level to me.

Now if they would just get the damn AH up!

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Next Month
35. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 13:39 LgFriess

D3 might have been the best thing that happened to T2's sales.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 25, 2012, 20:57 LgFriess

I'm VERY surprised how stable everything seems. Had a little downtime this afternoon and the auction houses have been down. It's running very smooth for me otherwise. Nice atmosphere, the WvWvW thing is really a lot of fun, and I'm not a PvP'er. I really don't understand exactly what I'm doing there quite yet but you can figure out how to be helpful when getting started at least.

Made a Charr warrior first... I like him but I really wanted to try something different from the 'ole WoW days so I made a Asure mesmer. Lots of fun so far! I'm going to probably do an engineer next.

And one more thing, I find myself playing and not paying any attention to my level or even really loot. The world just seems to suck you in and pull you along so you don't really even care if you're level 4 or 10. I like that. I also am enjoying exploring again. I generally really like crafting but I just haven't really looked at that yet.

Will I play for 7 years like I did WoW? No idea. Will I get my $60 out of it? Oh yes.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI DLC & Gold Edition Next Month
1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI DLC & Gold Edition Next Month Aug 23, 2012, 20:59 LgFriess

95% pirated. Why even market this?  

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
79. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 13:52 LgFriess

I've never pirated a game nor actually know anybody that has and I've been a PC gamer for about 25 years. Boy do I feel like a dope knowing that I actually spend money on a game when everybody else ("95%") obviously just steals them.... or Ubi is full of shit. Hmmmmm...  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Multiplayer Support
2. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Multiplayer Support Aug 10, 2012, 15:16 LgFriess

Awww man, I'll be on vacation when it's released. Oh well, I'll snag it as soon as I get home. Really looking forward to this one. I still play the original from time to time and from what I've seen, this version looks great. God please let this not suck.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Change Plans
10. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 13:09 LgFriess

Where is the option to get rid of the AH?  

136 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo