Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JF

Real Name JF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LgFriess
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 17:50
Total Comments 136 (Novice)
User ID 21294

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming
23. Re: PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming Apr 13, 2014, 10:17 LgFriess

StaTik wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 09:54:
As games get larger in size I think the demand for the good old disk base game will make a come back. With games like Titanfall tipping the scales at 50gigs there are people that don't have the bandwidth or ISP limit to handle that kind of download. Games will only get larger in size and I don't see ISP's upping there caps or bandwidth any time soon. The average speed for US connections is just 7.4Mbps. At that rate Titanfall would take over 20hrs to download. With typical ISP caps that would be 1/4 of the monthly allowance. I know Titanfall is the exception now, but now that they have gotten away with the huge file size with little to no complaints there will be others.

I could see companies just doing pre-load type releases though. Download it slow over a week or two if you want it on release day.

I'm one that would also like to see CR play his damn game with a joystick and hit a keyboard every once in awhile. It's just me wanting to feel like I'm "flying" my space ship and not just doodle around on a video game controller. Silly in the grand scheme of things I admit but that's how I feel.

I also generally feel that developers/video game reviewers just don't get it when I see them working/reviewing games with a controller. I can't help but wonder how they can accurately get a feel for the input that most of us PC gamers will be using on their game if they never use them/review games with them. I almost instantly feel they won't be able to understand what I'm looking for in a game.

It's the old man in me. Now GET OFF MY LAWN!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 30, 2014, 21:04 LgFriess

I have no brand loyalty but after owning a Note3, Ill never go back to a small screen.  

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
15. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 11:34 LgFriess

Thanks for the advice gents.  

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
4. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 10:38 LgFriess

Quick question for you vets. I just picked it up the other day and am working my way through with a wizard. Is there any point for me to pick up the xpac now, ie. will I be missing anything important in the first 60 levels, or should I just wait until I get close to the end.  

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos
9. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 12:52 LgFriess

Had a coupon from Best Buy to burn... picked up D3 for $10. Just started playing this morning. Fun so far. There is an immediate sense of an upgrade to character motion/action/combat and tremendous polish vs. Path of Exile. I guess you'd expect that from Blizzard. Depth? No idea, I just hit level 10 on my wizard.

I refused it upon release due to, well, what it was (AH simulator). Seeing that they've tried to correct quite a few of the mistakes, I'm sure I'll get my $10 out of it and hopefully a lot more.

At least it's another game to burn the time until Pillars of Eternity comes out.

News Comments > Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity
8. Re: Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity Mar 19, 2014, 12:48 LgFriess

Put whatever name on it you want, as long as Paradox doesn't have any control over the content of the game, or any influence on release dates, I could care less. If Obsidian is just hiring somebody to get the game out the door when they are done with it, more power to them. This might be the future of "publishers" anyway.

Oh, and I can't wait for this damn game!

News Comments > Game Reviews
34. Re: Game Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 20:28 LgFriess

Really robdot? I thing the majority find access to PC games easier then ever due to digital distribution options. I can't think of the last hard copy game I've bought. When I think back, that was a bit hard getting use to, but now I much prefer it. Now the major problem many of us have is a growing library of unplayed games because they're just so easy to buy... and the sales can be so tempting!  

1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 09:19 LgFriess

I hate myself for giving the Christ Centered Gamer a click but I just had to see that one. "Morality Score" of 0%! Love it!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall Feb 27, 2014, 14:22 LgFriess

Zoom wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 13:22:
That game could have been so much more... With a richer gameplay (and longer, more open main campaign) it could have been the new Fallout. The Shadowrun universe is holding that game together, and is the only reason one could have an interest in it, otherwise the gameplay is rather primitive in all aspects. That means a lot, with the same universe but a better gameplay, it would have been a new instant cult classic. Missed opportunity here.

Hopefully Wasteland 2 will be the new Fallout (some irony there somewhere). Looks very promising anyway.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
29. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:39 LgFriess

Spectral beat me to it.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2014, 13:45.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Banished
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Banished Feb 19, 2014, 10:03 LgFriess

RPS gave it a interesting review. I'm not sure if the few days played that the review was based off of was enough though. I'll wait to see how long term play evolves.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
43. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 9, 2014, 09:35 LgFriess

My #1 most anticipated game. Take your sweet time Obsidian, it hurts but I can wait.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 17, 2014, 13:55 LgFriess

Really looking forward to Wasteland 2. Pillars of Eternity (my #1 most wanted), Tides of Numenarearatrrarar, Wasteland 2, and hopefully Star Citizen lives up to it's hype. Add to that Witcher 3, and about a dozen other titles I'm dying for ... what a great year or so we have coming up!

Unless they all turn out to be duds

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Weekly Update Plans
3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Weekly Update Plans Jan 9, 2014, 11:16 LgFriess

Haven't played for awhile but I really enjoyed it for a short amount of time. The problem was then a lack of a sustainable goal. After gaining bases and losing bases not over days, but sometimes hours or less, I just lost the feeling of having a point to the game, other then shooting the other guy. Looking for an overall goal more then that so I want to shoot the other guy for a reason... not just join zerg and roll, get zerged back, rinse, repeat.

If that part of the game somehow develops more, I could look past a lot of the other bugs and balance issues because it IS fun to be in some of the monster battles that take place. One of my best gaming moments last year was watching a battle from a mountainside at night. I didn't even take part, just watched. The light show was amazing!

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jan 3, 2014, 18:11 LgFriess

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 16:58:
Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 15:54:
Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 15:46:
ETS2 is fun though.

*cackles with glee*

Lol! As one player review said it aptly....

The mystical addictive nature of this game defies explanation. You cannot describe it, you can only experience it.

My wife was watching me play it and laughs at me. "Why is playing that fun? I can understand the flying sims but a truck?" What's bad is I can't really answer her. It IS odd that it's fun.

Now that I think about it, she's doing the normal wife back seat driver thing ... in our den! Damn women!

4. Re: Game Reviews Jan 3, 2014, 17:25 LgFriess

PHJF wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 17:20:
Then I suppose you also didn't play the Icewind Dales or Planescape? They're all fuckin fantastic.

Nope but I'm going to be working my way through them. And I have my eye on Tides of Numenera as well. I'll play Planescape first.

I did play Dragon Age Origin which I thought was very, very good but I have to say I enjoy the BG series more. I think I'll be re-playing DA:O though as I just feel I must have missed something considering the fun I've had with the BGs.

1. Re: Game Reviews Jan 3, 2014, 16:27 LgFriess

Having never played BG and BG2 (I have NO idea why I skipped these back in the day...cRPGs tend to be my most beloved genre), I recently picked up both of the EE versions. They've easily been my gaming highlights of 2013 and very early 2014. Now I can hardly contain my excitement for Pillars of Eternity.  

News Comments > Eye Tracking Controller Plans
3. Re: Eye Tracking Controller Plans Jan 3, 2014, 15:13 LgFriess

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 11:02:
Just pulled the trigger on a TrackIR5

This eye tracking sounds interesting but I wonder how well this will work for people with glasses for example. Same concern I have for the Rift also.

Going to place my order for TrackIR5 this weekend. My rising number of flight sims, racing sims, Arma3, upcoming Elite and Star Citizen (hopefully both will have support), and finally Eurotruck2 have pushed me into it.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
14. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 14, 2013, 13:45 LgFriess

So pissed the "MechWarrior" I loved turned into this turd. Can you imagine the money a dev would make if they made a REAL MW? A massive, depth filled single player game with multi player options. Oh well, another classic turned into a lame cash grab.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta On Track; Last Chance for Add-ons
9. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta On Track; Last Chance for Add-ons Dec 6, 2013, 08:04 LgFriess

Lord Tea wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 06:30:
Doma wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 04:13:
I backed this with $110. Bring on the beta Mr Fargo!

$75 here. Can't wait to give it a shot - literally

Literally...wait, what? Devilish

136 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo