Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JF

Real Name JF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LgFriess
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 17:50
Total Comments 154 (Novice)
User ID 21294

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
39. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 17:45 LgFriess

Hey guys, when you're posting your systems please add what resolution/monitor your using. It makes a massive difference if you're playing at 1080, 1920, 1440, multi monitor, etc... this information is very useful to a guy like me planning to finally upgrade his dinosaur system (q9550@3.4ghz, 7870, 4gb ddr2 playing at 1920, it's been a glorious run with only a gpu upgrade but it's finally time).  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Preorders
7. Re: Pillars of Eternity Preorders Nov 12, 2014, 13:11 LgFriess

Jivaro wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 11:37:
Can. Not. Wait.

(please. don't. suck.)

Words outta my mouth Jivaro.

News Comments > World of Warcraft AU Servers Planned
7. Re: World of Warcraft AU Servers Planned Oct 24, 2014, 16:09 LgFriess

Croiky, little loyt eyen't it?"

HA!! I wanted to put a golf clap emote here but I guess this well do. Laugh2

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Wasteland 2 Oct 16, 2014, 13:58 LgFriess

Good to see the W2 patches cleaning things up. By the time I'm done with Divinity OS (just talked to Cassandra last night. She wants me to kill Arhu in his cat form! The fiend!), W2 will be ready to go. Can't wait!  

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
8. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 8, 2014, 19:58 LgFriess

Started the game about 4 times but always stop when I reach "the fade." I really want to finish it but that damn part keeps sucking the wind out of my sails.  

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
43. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 19:58 LgFriess

Really too bad. Was looking forward to something new MMORPG wise. I kept thinking Blizzard might pull it off with Titan and reintroduce those early WoW gaming moments that captured my attention for years. Those days are gone but whatever, I'm now loving the CRPG rebirth that will keep me going for quite awhile.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
33. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 20, 2014, 07:35 LgFriess

Man I have to hurry up and finish Divinity Original Sin so I can get on with Wasteland 2, which will hold me to Pillars, which will hold me to Torment. Sprinkle in Elite and a Track IR and a few nice looking RPG indies (UnderRail is looking interesting).... My goodness, what a great stretch of gaming!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 10, 2014, 16:53 LgFriess

Krovven wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 16:45:
Is it just me, or does Steam seem to be down? can't connect when loading Steam and the website doesn't load.

Okay, happy it's not just me. Thought my system was screwed up. So anyway, yes, something is up.

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Plans
5. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Plans Aug 7, 2014, 11:04 LgFriess

I still remember when raids were unlimited. And SS vs TM was my first real PvP. We were all pretty much lowbies and newbs back then. The good 'ole days! Haven't played in years now, but certainly had fun with the game.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 08:50 LgFriess

I've had my butt kicked many times by the game. I love it! Beyond the tutorial dungeon, and a few encounters where I only had one enemy, every fight has been at least challenging and rewarding to win. I'm running with 2 mercs too.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
60. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 21:00 LgFriess

Picked up DivinityOS! Happy to see the sale right before release. God I'm going to lose so many hours to this and Pillars of Eternity when that releases this winter.  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 "Right Around the Corner"
8. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Jun 18, 2014, 09:35 LgFriess

Omni wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 08:59:
Been thinking about picking this up but don't know if it is worth it.

I'd say it's certainly worth it depending on what you're looking for. I'm not one to be able to play an aRPG for years. The grind just doesn't do it for me. However, I picked it up with the RoS expansion and I'd say I'm happy with my purchase for my one play through and then running a fair number of rifts/bounties to get my one character decently geared.

As with all aRPGs though, now I'm bored with it and there's a ton of good stuff I've still got on my Steam library to work through (just finished becoming King of Ireland in CK2, and hit level 6 on my first playthrough of Fallout NV! Wasteland2 and Divinity Original Sin are around the corner...D3 now goes to the back of the line).

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer
32. removed Jun 11, 2014, 17:16 LgFriess

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 11, 2014, 17:38.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Jun 6, 2014, 08:55 LgFriess

That's fine. Get it right. Looking forward to burning some summer nights with this one.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Trading Video
9. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 10:53 LgFriess

Damn that looks good! Can't wait. Going to finally get the TrackIR for this one. I may go Oculus Rift if motion sickness isn't too bad and if somebody can convince me I can still use my keyboard properly without being able to see it. I'll be playing with a Saitek X52 so maybe I won't need the KB anyway.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 5, 2014, 07:37 LgFriess

CKII. Another game that makes you wonder where the heck the last 7 hours have gone. Oh yeah, you were plotting the murder of your family members.

Great game but I'd suggest watching some beginner tutorials or you may bounce off if you're just starting.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
45. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 13:32 LgFriess

Darks wrote on May 30, 2014, 09:59:
All I can say about this is, this is why these assholes take advantage of you all and charge these kinds of ridiculous prices for early access. I donít mind spending money on a game, but not being raked over the coals at the same time too.

This is a ridiculous statement.

Don't like the price of early access? Don't buy early access. The only one that's "raking you over the coals" is yourself if the price is not worth it to you.

Man this sucks when I hit myself in the head with this hammer! *hits self in the head with a hammer*

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
35. Re: Elite beta May 29, 2014, 11:02 LgFriess

SpectralMeat wrote on May 29, 2014, 09:11:
El Pit wrote on May 29, 2014, 09:06:
Please let me now how you like it. I'm a penny pincher, I won't be able to join you before the release of the final version, WHICH MIGHT COME OUT BEFORE Star Kitten DF Module!
I love it so far but only have access to the old Alpha 1.1 build
Made a few videos of some beginner dog fighting, as I am practicing with my joystick and TrackIR.
It's been 10+ years since I've used a joystick for any game

Here are my vids:
http://youtu.be/wrQDP_91Yaw
http://youtu.be/ILhJ5O7ZQZ8

SM, how do you like that TrackIR? I keep almost pulling the trigger then scatter braining off in another direction. Haven't been playing anything to use it with lately anyway but there are a number of upcoming titles I could definitely see some use for it.

News Comments > PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming
23. Re: PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming Apr 13, 2014, 10:17 LgFriess

StaTik wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 09:54:
As games get larger in size I think the demand for the good old disk base game will make a come back. With games like Titanfall tipping the scales at 50gigs there are people that don't have the bandwidth or ISP limit to handle that kind of download. Games will only get larger in size and I don't see ISP's upping there caps or bandwidth any time soon. The average speed for US connections is just 7.4Mbps. At that rate Titanfall would take over 20hrs to download. With typical ISP caps that would be 1/4 of the monthly allowance. I know Titanfall is the exception now, but now that they have gotten away with the huge file size with little to no complaints there will be others.

I could see companies just doing pre-load type releases though. Download it slow over a week or two if you want it on release day.

I'm one that would also like to see CR play his damn game with a joystick and hit a keyboard every once in awhile. It's just me wanting to feel like I'm "flying" my space ship and not just doodle around on a video game controller. Silly in the grand scheme of things I admit but that's how I feel.

I also generally feel that developers/video game reviewers just don't get it when I see them working/reviewing games with a controller. I can't help but wonder how they can accurately get a feel for the input that most of us PC gamers will be using on their game if they never use them/review games with them. I almost instantly feel they won't be able to understand what I'm looking for in a game.

It's the old man in me. Now GET OFF MY LAWN!

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 30, 2014, 21:04 LgFriess

I have no brand loyalty but after owning a Note3, Ill never go back to a small screen.  

154 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo